May 24, noon to May 27th, midnight.

Hey babes! The goal for this weekend's promo is a collective 30 points! As always, a regular length post contributes 1 point and rapid fires are .5. LET'S DO THIS. Supply 3 points for the promo and win 15 if we reach our goal by midnight on Tuesday!

"Santa, That son of a bitch owes me so many titty mags you have no idea." - Virgil Ashcroft

“I don’t want you to be sorry, Luke, I want you to fix it. Repeat after me, Luke. Double Double. Two Cream. Two. Sugars.” - Sawyer Cross

“That douche bag sex toy was going to double as a snack later, now I’m out dinner and a show.” - Fauve Kynan

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Niko, but you're on the highway to hell now - and buddy, mercy is about ten exits in the opposite direction.” - Rhali Freeman

"World War One I was really busy... Ancient Greece was a pretty busy time too, but that is all a little sketchy." - Jaxxon Kennedy

“Oh, I suppose you were expecting Graham. Sorry to disappoint. He's out to lunch right now, taking a little nap back there in the corner of our consciousness, so you get Cain instead.” - Cain Ashton

"What was your plan, charming? Slit my throat and leave me for dead. Or were you going to make it look like a suicide?" - Clarice Van Helsing

“I have this condition, y'know, when I drink too much, I black out and do stupid shit—maybe you've heard of it? It's called getting really freakin' smashed.” - Troy Thomas

"Well maybe I would if you let me have a bit of fun now and again. You know I don't like bad news. I get very....grumpy." - Caius Leventis

Thanks for cody's a wizard and kismet for the sidebar. SubDevo for the Peekaboo Side Tables! Skin by avey of shine, slider tabs by ring wang of codrops.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

NEW POLL

KING FOR A DAY, for toni/panda babe <33
ZEDEKIAH JACOB MARKOV
Posted: Nov 22 2013, 08:22 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY ELLE
Group Icon

Group: SHIFTER
Member No.: 223

Born in the usa,
Born down in a dead man's town
It wasn’t supposed to go down like this—none of it was supposed to happen.

Zed certainly hadn’t expected the night to turn out this way, staring down a small pack of four werewolves at Dayton crossing or, more accurately, an alternative bridge to the Dayton crossing that was less used for its old, unreliable state. This second bridge had been the main crossing point once upon a time, until it became too worn and a new bridge was constructed. Now it was only used by people who didn’t want to be seen coming and going from sepulchre and, of course, it was used as a hang out spot for the odd gang of ruffians who had nowhere else better to go. Zed had been one such ruffian that night, having drunk more than his fair share of whiskey with the boys. After getting kicked out of the bar for their loud, unruly behavior, the group of five—zed and one of his closest friends, Dimitri, being the only two supernaturals present—stumbled from one place to another, bar hopping without any real goal or aim in mind.

Zed couldn’t have been more comfortable for the duration; wandering was what he did, with his feet¬—or wings—always restless but his heart unable to settle in one place for long. Add alcohol and friends, well, needless to say the night was an adventurous one. And then they’d gotten tired of being kicked out of bars, and dimitri’s gaze was settling too long on certain people that made zed worry internally. The other man was a hellhound, and a rowdy one at that—crude and cheeky, the guy and zed had somehow become fast friends despite who the hellhound allied himself with. It was a general rule of zed’s to stay out of the war—he didn’t want anything to do with either sides, feeling that neither of the factions’ intentions stretched beyond their own selfish needs. Dimitri’s hellspawn affiliation, however, didn’t get in the way of their friendship even when it probably should have. Zed had a habit of attracting all the wrong sorts.

Up until the moment those four werewolves made themselves known, the boys had been having a successful night indeed. A couple were simply happy to be off work and letting go for the night, zed included, while Dimitri found more happiness at the bottom of the bottle than anywhere else in life it seemed. At any rate, loud taunts were exchanged, sloppy songs sung, and ridiculous bets were made that they would absolutely regret by the time morning came. there was a fair amount of teasing directed at zed, unfailing in their quest to let him forget when he'd spilled the beans about a certain frenchwoman. they'd scoffed and laughed at him at first, not believing he'd mysteriously found a beautiful wounded woman and had her over for breakfast--without sex or anything of the sort. they only started to believe him when a sultry blonde practically threw herself at him at the bar and he'd awkwardly given her the cold shoulder, when any other night as drunk as he was, he would've had his arm slung around her shoulders, letting her come along on their adventures.

bu honestly, zed's heart was too preoccupied. even though he was pretty sure he'd never see antoinette again, she was never far from his mind--that kiss on his cheek replaying in his mind over and over, making him smile slyly at the most inappropriate moments.

Zed had no idea whose idea it had been to go drink at the original Dayton crossing, but their feet drunkenly carried them there thinking it was a fantastic idea.

The bridge spanned a narrow part of the river, its old wood creaky from old age and disuse. They’d dared one another to go across it upon arrival, arguing until zed drunkenly volunteered and practically leaped onto it, but after that it was clear the construction would hold their weight. And so it became their newest spot, sitting there on the edge with their legs dangling off, passing around their last bottle of whiskey someone had probably stolen along the way.

And then the werewolves came.

Zed felt their presences too late to warn any of the others, and he assumed it was the same with Dimitri. Their human friends staggered, eyes wide with pure fear—this was probably the first time they’d even ran into anything supernatural. Zed’s guts tightened as he tried his best not to stagger drunkenly, stepping before the nearest of his shocked friends. Dimitri did the same at zed’s side, and the two of them stared the werewolves down, unsure in their intoxicated states as to what came next.

The hellhound’s muscles were tight, ready to shift, but zed knew that he himself would be less useful if he shifted. In a fight against werewolves, a single raven would do next to nothing except distract them and maybe blind them if he got lucky—but with human hands, he could at least try and mend the wounds of his friends should they get in the way. Still, the thought of letting Dimitri handle the fighting wasn’t appealing either—four against one wasn’t right.

”zed.. yer gonna run. Yer gonna get them outta here,” grunted Dimitri without looking away from the werewolves—creatures far too large and ferocious looking to be considered normal wolves even for a second. Their muzzles wrinkled as they snarled, slowly drawing closer as they honed in for the kills. ”shit dom, I’m not just gonna up and leave you,” zed replied, his hand slowly reaching into his pocket for the utility knife he kept there out of habit. It was silver—it could do something.

It was the sudden movements of their human friends that made the werewolves burst into action. They shouted and fled, and then the next few moments rushed by so quickly zed’s alcohol-bogged mind could hardly comprehend what was happening. The sound of bones crunching came from Dimitri as he began to shift, and then the pounding of heavy paws of the enemies pounded on the ground, their snarls erupting into deafening growls and barks as they lunged and closed the distance. Zed went down hard underneath one of the large males, not even thinking as he plunged his pocket knife into the creature’s belly, hot blood gushing over his hand. Dimitri went down too, but there was the sound of a sharp yelp as his hellhound jaws and claws began to fight back. He couldn't focus on that though, not with a three hundred pound werewolf on top of him—zed could barely breathe as he used all his strength to rip his dagger through flesh. It was his worst fear that he was only infuriating the werewolf, because the beast didn't die or run off wounded—the creature’s claws dug into zed’s chest, ripping desperately at shifter flesh…
a buncha words.
AAHHH I'M SO EXCITED
♔ nickdiazfan

ANTOINETTE NIO IRONS
Posted: Nov 23 2013, 03:30 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY PANDA
Group Icon

Group: DRAGON
Member No.: 175

gimme sympathy,
I'll remember someday all the chances we took. we're so close to something better left unknown.
Other people always complicated things. She was told this and that when she was on her own she shouldn't grow close to anyone for this reason alone; well, and that they would be watching her discretely almost 24/7 for the first few weeks she was in town. But shockingly, SAVIOR did ease up a little bit on their presence so her targets wouldn't be spooked. Still, Toni felt eyes on her back all the time, it was definitely unnerving. But she had disobeyed one of the cardinal rules SAVIOR had given her....Don't let anyone remember who you are.

Although, if one thinks about it it wasn't entirely her fault. Partially she could be blamed since she was forgetful enough to go out after being injected once again and forget that the after effects could be worse with every run. She had collapsed near the water and then found by him...the man she couldn't get out of her mind no matter how hard she concentrated on tracking people down. On the outside, there looked like there was no change in her demeanor. Just the regular "dead to the world" Toni that SAVIOR had changed her into. But if someone looked closely into her eyes, they could see the small spark of life that had returned.

Her 'job' led her to the darker parts of town, only people this low could know the information she needed. Another dilapidated bar she sat in the corner of, watching and waiting for another contact that would most likely blow her off per usual. This meeting was of course supposed to happen a few hours ago and Toni had finally relented to leave for the night. She wandered out of the building and back into the woods. She felt at ease here, knowing it was harder for SAVIOR to follow her in the dense woods and old structures of the city that were practically abandoned. She had wandered, not actually looking for Jules and Benji...she didn't even know if they were still in the area. She was still debating in her mind what she would do when she found them. Her logical mind told her to turn them in for their "betrayal" but something else told her that SAVIOR twisted minds like a rubix cube to get their way.

Toni's head shot up when yelling was heard in the distance. Yelling...and growling. She drew the machete she had recovered from the lake from the sheath across her back as she made her way towards the noise. She came upon an old bridge that looked like it hadn't been used for so long, she remembered it from a map she memorized on the way over here. She made her way to one of the sides of the bridge and the sight she saw wasn't pretty. Four werewolves versus two people, no doubt there was other people running away because the two figures she couldn't see very well didn't seem like the yelling type. The situation looked grim, Toni was almost debating if she should help....which she didn't know why she was debating it, she should lend a hand even if she hadn't been up against werewolves before she just knew about them.

But something stopped her mind completely when she saw a flash of one of the guys fighting the small pack as he got knocked down. "Zed..." Unconsciously she spoke out, her eyes widening at the turn of events. Now she was determined to help out, she owed him for her life and what better way to repay him than saving his. Of course she couldn't run in there all willy-nilly to save the day that would only end up with her getting knocked on her ass. She dug out her other knife that was silver-laced pocket knife because the machete wouldn't do much besides maybe hurt a tiny bit from impact. Her eyes darted around to try and find a better way to get the jump on the creature that was now on top of Zed. She tried her ignore the sound of tearing flesh and more fighting, she had turned back and noticed a little ledge that was on the outside of the bridge..perfect.

She had inched her way across the ledge, hoping she didn't fall into the water below, even if it was calling to her. She peeked over the window ledge to see she was right in front of the creature that was on top of Zed. [i]'Let's see if Balthazar was actually right...'[/b] She called out in her mind before pulling herself up and through the window. She turned half way through the jump to hit the werewolf feet first, luckily her momentum knocked the werewolf off of Zed, which even shocked Toni. There was a small moment in time that everything stopped for a brief moment where Toni could feel people staring at her entrance. Something clicked in her mind to where she was completely stoic with an almost cocky look on her face from the impending battle. This...this was going to be fun.

WORDS: 855| TAG: ZED/ELLE| OUTFIT: here| NOTES: BAMF Toni to the rescue.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0
ZEDEKIAH JACOB MARKOV
Posted: Dec 2 2013, 09:49 PM

Group Icon

Born in the usa,

The only experience he could compare to the pain lancing through his body was one time when he'd been thrown from his bike cruising down the highway. His leather jacket had protected his torso from most of the damage, but pavement still bit through the fabric just enough to make his chest bleed for hours. As a shifter, his healing capabilities were strong, perhaps slightly more than a human's, but not by much. The werewolf atop him had claws that did far more damage than the pavement after a brutal wipe-out, and all zed could think was how he was going to get the snarling beast off of him.

And when he did, then what? He could shift and go seek help borne on ebony wings faster than any of his friends could run, but would dimitri last that long? Zed's arm ached with the effort of continually ripping at the werewolf with his knife, but it wasn't doing enough damage—not enough to kill the thing. Gritting his teeth and growling, He was just about to gather his feet above him and try to kick the thing off when its weight suddenly disappeared in one fell swoop. Had he kicked that soon, and that strongly? Baffled, zed blinked and pushed himself by his elbows to sit up, and there, standing before him with her machete in hand, was an absolutely crazy grinning frenchwoman.

He blinked, not sure that what he was seeing was even real! how'd she get there, how did she know? How did toni even manage to kick a werewolf off of him like the beast was made of nothing? ”hey,” zed greeted with absurd casualty, still in a state of shock at her appearance and the pain burning in his bloodied chest. And despite everything—despite their urgent situation and the fact that there were still enemies nearby, zed couldn't help but adopt a sly, crooked smirk; she was here, and he had the chance to talk to her again, something he'd been sure was just a fantasy.

”i think you just dropkicked a werewolf, toni, and I think that's the sexiest thing i've ever seen,” he stated, his smirk blossoming into a grin. The snarl of an other-worldly creature brought him back to reality, and he had just enough time to point behind her. ”shit, duck!” zed shouted, gritting his teeth and rolling to his feet despite the vertigo that assaulted his head. The same werewolf, bleeding profusely from a wound on his stomach that wouldn't heal because of the silver zed'd used, recovered and launched itself clumsily at its newest opponent, more enraged than ever.

Zed didn't even have time to think about how flabbergasted he was at atoinette's presence any further, how absolutely wrong he'd been about his supposed “damsel in distress”. Their roles had somehow been reversed, and zed felt more like the damsel in this situation than anybody else. Dimitri snarled viciously as he wrestled with two werewolves some distance away, and the shifter couldn't tell who was winning in the chaos of flying fur, claws and teeth. With the one attacking toni, That made three wolves—so where was the fourth? Zed swiveled, easing into the sight of his guardian that enabled him to see through the darkness. There, crawling along a beam on the bridge, the fourth enemy lurked and waited for its chance to leap at toni and overwhelm her as she was already under attack. Zed crouched to pick up his knife that'd fallen, sloppily wiping blood from its handle on his pants so he could grip it properly.

If his mother had taught him anything, it was how to aim—throwing knives and shooting the family rifle was something he'd gotten good at as a kid, although that had been some time ago. He focused and held the knife with just the right amount of grip, curling his arm back and whipping the silver blade with as much strength and precision as he could muster. He heard an audible, inhuman yelp and the werewolf clumsily dropped down from its perch, zed's knife sticking from the side of its neck. His eyes went wide, not expecting the shot to land at all really, but didn't waste time reveling in his flukey shot and good luck. The creature fled into the darkness on the other side of the bridge, blood leaking profusely from its wound. With his bloody chest heaving and his heart pumping rapidly, zed turned to face antoinette, afraid to see how see was faring—he didn't want harm to come to her because of him and his friends' drunken carelessness.

a buncha words.
AAHHH I'M SO EXCITED
♔ nickdiazfan
ANTOINETTE NIO IRONS
Posted: Dec 3 2013, 12:08 AM

Group Icon

gimme sympathy,
I'll remember someday all the chances we took. we're so close to something better left unknown.
Kicking the werewolf off of Zed was not as easy as she thought, sure she actually accomplished the task but that didn't mean it took some strength out of her. She had to guess it was thanks to being a dragon that she didn't have to stumble in her steps when she landed inside the bridge. When her mind switched to fight mode, Toni barely registered that Zed acknowledged her prescence. She was looking around to see how many they were all up against. It seemed that two were distracted by whatever they were attacking, Toni couldn't actually tell who was who in that battle because they had all shifted. But she figured until she could tell who was who, she would leave that aside, her focus was keeping Zed from getting hurt anymore than he already was.

She snapped back when he spoke again, unconsciously gripping the machete in her hands with a smile. "Yeah....and who's the damsel in distress now?" She chuckled out with a roll over her eyes, she took in a moment to take in the look on his face, she couldn't deny she missed him even though it hadn't been long since they had breakfast together after he dragged her in from the lake. Her eyes widened a bit when he called out she had almost missed the opportunity to spin and bring the machete up to keep the werewolf from tearing off her neck. Because of the previous wound there wasn't as much force as she was expecting, but still she got moved back a couple steps to keep him from knocking her down like he did to Zed.

She gritted her teeth as Toni finally pushed the werewolf back leaving a nice cut along it's chest, even if it wasn't silver it would still hurt like a bitch for a little bit. She had lost track of Zed in order to focus on the werewolf before her, seriously how the hell could something like this happen? Then again, Toni never actually fought another species like this face to face, the only thing she had fought was a bloody vampire that couldn't actually kill her. She drew out the pocket knife she knew would take the creature down, it was small but all she needed was the right opportunity.

But the werewolf didn't give her much of an opportunity to asses what could actually help her in the fight. She had barely enough time to react and bring the knife down into the beast's eye. Of course doing this only enraged him and when he leaped at her the reaction she had left an opening for the both of them to be knocked down to the ground. Toni grunted in pain as her back connected to the ground...yeah that would definitely hurt in the morning. She could feel the claws actually scrap against her side but training had kept her from crying out in pain. It was training and she didn't need Zed to know that she was hurt. He was hurt enough as is, there was no need to worry him anymore. She withdrew the blade from the eye socket and flipped the blade in her hand to stab into the neck instead.

She heard the werewolf howl in pain and Toni kicked him off again, effectively slicing across it's neck. The werewolf slumped over onto Toni's arm, which she strained to pull out from underneath the corpse. She pulled herself up into a half-sitting position as she got her breathing under control. Another yelp caught her attention that got her spinning around in case another one of these things were to come after, but what she actually saw was another attacker slumped on the ground with a knife sticking out of his neck. Toni grunted in pain as she pulled herself into a standing position to face Zed, her arm went around her middle to hopefully hide the "small" wound on her side. "Well...that was fun..." She chuckled out a bit, completely forgetting about the other two for a moment, which probably wasn't the best idea.

WORDS: 687| TAG: ZED/ELLE| OUTFIT: here| NOTES: BAMF Toni to the rescue.
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0
ZEDEKIAH JACOB MARKOV
Posted: Dec 14 2013, 11:53 PM

Group Icon

Born in the usa,

Zed couldn't help but grin at her words, feeling more oblivious and foolish than ever in his assumption about toni being a damsel in distress. that's why she'd rolled her eyes back in his apartment, knowing full well that she was far from helpless. ”well, shit, slap a dress on me and call me princess,” he muttered with a lopsided grin and a chuckle of his own, obviously not bearing any qualms about accepting the reality of the situation: he was, indeed, the damsel in distress at present. Zed had never been inclined to violence despite having a demon for a mother; besides some high schools tensions and a few bar scraps, he hadn't really made it a habit to be in combat. He had neither the temper nor the ramped-up pride that many testosterone driven males did which led them headfirst into fights.

He was relieved—and amazed—to see antoinette spin and confront the werewolf with her machete as it charged, but didn't have time to gawk and stare even if that's all he really wanted to do. He blinked hard, trying to keep himself alert as bloodless threatened to slowly steal his consciousness away. It was pure miracle that he managed to find and wound the fourth werewolf, and in what felt like the blink of an eye, he saw toni in a half-sitting position beside the bloody beast she'd killed with her knife. He moved towards her, sluggish in step as the whole world seemed to spin around him—as the adrenaline started to wear off, he began to get more tired, and he could feel all the alcohol he'd ingested that night even more intensely.

Still, his state wasn't severe enough that he missed the way antoinette curled an arm around her side as she pulled herself to her feet. It became habit to catch the body language of injured people; as an EMT, he encountered patients every day who wanted to hide the severity of their wounds. ”toni, your side,” he managed to get out, even though his tongue suddenly felt thick or just plain difficult to force into motion. He felt blood dripping down his chest wetly, seeping into the band of his jeans, but he saw the blood spreading around toni's shirt and that was all he could focus on—even that was difficult. Zed reached out for her but his knees decided to buckle, and he only stopped himself from falling into her with a well-placed foot. ”shit,” he grunted under his breath, wishing more than anything that he was strong enough to take care of her—to fix the damage that'd been inflicted on her by saving his ass.

It was in that moment when a bloody werewolf that dimitri had been fighting charged the couple with a rabid snarl—zed didn't even have time to react, though, before the hellhound had tackled the other beast by its hindquarters and started to drag it backwards away from them. The other wolf he'd been fighting was now a lifeless lump outlined in the moonlight. The remaining one was dragged away even further, clawing desperately at the ground and snarling with savage animal ferocity—dimitri looked like hell, cuts and tears littering his black hide to the point where he was just a walking wound, but he showed no signs of slowing down. ”jesus,” zed mumbled in awe and disgust, hearing the werewolf's leg crack between dimitri's jaws. ”dom, hey! Come on man, you're.. you're fucked, finish him and let's go—“ another snap of bones, another pained howl from the werewolf cutting through the air.

His hellhound friend showed no signs that he'd heard. Instead, he began to drag the half-dead werewolf off into the darkness of the forest, until soon enough only the sounds of death and futile struggles were heard. ”this is not.. definitely not an ideal first date,” the shifter stated disjointedly, blood loss and alcohol reducing his ability to talk quite so smoothly. ”how'd you find me, anyway? I mean, shit, you saved our asses, toni. Thank you, you goddamn.. crazy warrior woman.” zed grinned despite the pain, feeling more than light-headed.

Drunkenly, his face slowly began to turn into a concerned scowl. ”we should really... really find a house though, and get patched up,” he said, starting to walk in the direction his human friends had ran earlier. At least they'd gotten away unscathed. zed remembered seeing a house not far up from the bridge; hopefully nobody would be home and they'd have the basic medical necessities. He feared for dimitri in the back of his mind, knowing that he'd be in rough shape after he shifted back—at least the hound would have a full stomach, though. ”'re you okay? Let's see, show me while we.. walk.” he gestured with a ringed hand that she come closer, even though it was hard to do and walk in a straight line at the same time. But shit, he was with toni again, something he wasn't sure might happen. And he was alive, too—that was also good news, if not as exciting as the first.

a buncha words.
AAHHH I'M SO EXCITED
♔ nickdiazfan
ANTOINETTE NIO IRONS
Posted: Dec 16 2013, 07:46 PM

Group Icon

gimme sympathy,
Toni always seemed to find herself smiling around Zed they had only met up twice this situation only being the second time. It was when she was by herself doing what she needed or recovering on her couch that she would think of him. She couldn't really explain why she had a reaction to a man she barely knew but there was the fact that he was kind straight out of the gate that struck her. She was told that people were more selfish in this time compared to the era she came from but the first person she actually interacted with for more than a few seconds had proven them all completely wrong. There was just something about the air around him that made Toni completely react, which actually worked against her in the chaos of the attack.

It was this relaxation that almost snapped Toni out of her funk, so to speak, when she should have been completely focused on the oncoming attacks. She barely reacted in time to counter the werewolf with her machete and it also cost her as the claws dug into her side. But she would scream, she couldn't because of training and not to worry Zed more. She had a small peak before she lunged through the window and even though it was obstructed view it didn't sound pleasant and what she heard is what prompted her to dive through the window feet first without much of a second thought on exactly what she was going to get into.

She laid on the ground for a brief moment after the attack was over and the werewolf's body was not squishing her into a pancake. She hissed a bit whenever she moved but was able to get into a sitting position. God, this was not the fun she was seeking for the night...or ever to be exact but at least she could say she now had werewolf hunting under her belt. She eased herself to stand but not before grabbing at her machete, which she slid her hand along the floor to finally get a hold of. "Damn I never want to do that again...' She mumbled to herself before she made her way over to Zed. He looked like shit, she looked like shit a match; made in Heaven? Perhaps so, either way this wasn't gonna be normal no matter where this actually ended up which she was seemingly ok with and actually scared of.

She took a few deep breaths as they neared each other, as he was able to fall Toni instinctively reached out to keep him for stumbling over, not realizing his foot kept him stable. She let go of her own side to brace them against his shoulders, "Facile maintenant ... ne pas vous blesser encore plus." Unconsciously switching to French again, she hoped he was still in some frame of mind to understand her although her tone was definitely more of a caring one is the notion would hopefully get through. When he mentioned her side, Toni winced as she remembered that and felt the pain burn into her side. Well, that was another ruined shirt down. "Don't worry about it, if anything you are much wore than I am." She smiled weakly and her french accent was definitely more prominent when she was tired.

Toni didn't hear the snarl of yet another werewolf until it was too late, She barely had enough reaction time to turn her head away from the attack but nothing more. However an impact was not what happened but instead she heard Zed talking to someone. When she looked back she saw nothing except a trail of blood leading out one side of the bridge. Eyebrows furrowing in confusion Toni looked back up to the man that practically towered over her. "Uh....just wandering around honestly...but you're welcome" It wasn't a total lie, she was wandering around the area like she usually did. She could smell alcohol on his breath which didn't help her worry over him even more, alcohol did not help blood clotting in the slightest.

Quietly she grabbed onto his arm as they made a few steps. "I'm fine, we need to worry about you first." She argued back again, really her side wasn't anything major it would heal with time but his was a straight shot to the chest which was worse. She felt him begin to stumble under her grasp and she ducked under his arm to keep him from fully stumbling over. "You monsieur, are in no condition to worry about me like this. C'mon, point in the direction of the place and I'll get you there." She wondered why she hadn't seen the house before back here but she hadn't been through at least half of the forest so there was a bunch of things she didn't know about.

Whether he protested or not Toni took the weight as they stumbled through the forest. It only took them a little bit to get to where Zed mentioned earlier but damn if it wasn't a struggle to keep them both standing...well some what standing. She didn't see any lights on so it was either abandoned or just no one was home and there was no sign of that "Dom" fellow Zed was speaking to earlier. Toni tried to twist the doorknob but obviously it was locked, "Sérieusement? Bien sûr, il est verrouillé." She grumbled out as she lightly kicked the bottom of it. Giving Zed a second glance she maneuvered her way out from under his arm and leaned him against the wall, "Don't fall over mmk?" She joked lightly before turning back to the door. 'This is gonna hurt...' She thought grimly right before lifting her leg to forcibly kick open the door.

It swung open with a loud thud that drowned out the grunt of pain Toni made, but Toni didn't immediately enter or go grab Zed because she had to get her mind focus off the tearing pain in her side almost doubled over to where she was just barely above being on her knees on the ground. Which actually meant she was gripping her side as fresh blood seeped into her shirt. Damn, she didn't think that would actually hurt as much as it did, but experience was always worse than theory.

WORDS: 1065 | TAG: ZED/ELLE| OUTFIT: here| NOTES: don't worry over toni <.<;;
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0
ZEDEKIAH JACOB MARKOV
Posted: Dec 31 2013, 05:33 PM

Group Icon

Born in the usa,

He felt his strength falter and thought for sure he was going to meet the pavement like he'd made an appointment with it, but once again, his warrior woman was there to save him from such a fate. She supported him with a strength he appreciated as much as he was still in awe of. And those words—spoken so fluently in french served as a wonderful distraction from the pain stinging through his flesh. ”votre français est belle. enfer, tout ce qui vous est belle, antoinette,“ (your french is beautiful. Hell, everything is beautiful about you, antoinette,) zed replied with a soft smile, the alcohol and blood loss completely negating any brain-to-mouth filter that might've stopped him before.

He felt a flush of regret at her next words, because he wasn't the only one wounded, and if he'd been more careful, he could've avoided being too hurt to tend to the brunette first. The thought was a sobering one, and zed redoubled his efforts to focus, to not get lost in the haze and the way toni's french accented words sounded so pleasantly distant. He had to keep on task, to stop his bleeding so he could get to taking care of toni. As strong as she was, clearly supernatural like himself, toni's healing capabilities weren't as amped up as most. She was no vampire, no werewolf or demon—a mad scraping of claws on pavement yanked him from his thoughts, the werewolf barelling their way. Just in time, though, dom stepped in and retracted his kill with tooth and claw. Zed blinked in surprise and tried to call the hellhound off, but he wasn't having it.

”lucky for us,” the shifter mumbled, truly grateful that she'd just been wandering around at the perfect time. He nodded at her, pointing with a bloody hand up the road where he'd seen the house on the way over. The same hand came back to clutch at his chest, bunching up the fabric of his jacket to clot the worst of the wounds, which he couldn't have done while walking at the same time if toni hadn't been under his other arm, helping him walk. He tried his best to make it as easy as possible on her, and damn it if he'd had the strength he would've argued that she show him her side, but that would have to wait. As it were, talking seemed a chore, so he merely concentrated on the task at hand which was—wow, the house jolted into his vision suddenly, as if they'd only been walking for mere seconds.

”allez comprendre,” (go figure) zed muttered through gritted teeth upon finding the door locked, taking her que and leaning against the wall while she investigated further. His lips pulled into a grin at her joke that was laced with concern, but was unable to muster a witty response, so he just kept quiet for now. Jesus, focusing was hard. He was just starting to realize what a comfortable lull was creeping up on him when he saw toni pull her foot back to kick open the door—”toni hey, no ton—” was all he could get out before he heard the bang of the door crashing open. To his ears, it wasn't enough to cover the sound of her cry as her side no doubt ripped at the strained movement.

”good god, i was so.. so wrong; crazy doesn't even begin to describe you,” the shifter mumbled, a scowl on his face as he eased himself forward. He hooked an arm around her waist, careful not to touch her wound, and somehow managed to pull the both of them inside without falling. ”bathroom, bathroom, looking for a bathroom—ah, here, c'mon now, easy does it.” and for their current situation, both bloodied and clinging onto consciousness, his voice was surprisingly calm—lax, even, as if they were just going about fixing a flat tire and not trying to find a med kit to stitch their broken selves back together.

He leaned heavily on the sink when they entered the bathroom, fumbling for a switch and turning it on. ”sit, sit.” he gestured towards the rim of the bathtub, and mustered some speed as he pulled open the mirror cabinet above the sink. His eyes squinted with the effort of reading tiny labels of vials, some falling under his hand as he dismissed the useless ones. Clutching a bottle of peroxide, he clumsily pulled open a sink drawer and pushed some towels into toni's hands. ”pressure, lots,” zed mumbled with furrowed brows directed at her reddening side, grabbing a handful for himself.

Leaning against the wall, he wiggled out of his jacket and pulled away what stringy fabric remained of his ruined shirt, pressing the towels to his chest with all the strength he could muster. Slowly, he slid down the wall and sat on the floor, sighing heavily and trying not to let the diziness consume him. ”once the.. the bleeding stops, we'll sterilize 'n stitch. You know how to work needle 'n gut ? S'just like.. s'just like sewing,” zed murmured with his lids falling shut—just a second of rest, only a second—a half-smile on his lips. sleep beckoned, teasing him just out of reach. "y'know one day we'll hang out 'n.. 'n neither of us'll be in mortal danger. one day..."

a buncha words.
AAHHH I'M SO EXCITED
♔ nickdiazfan
ANTOINETTE NIO IRONS
Posted: Jan 2 2014, 07:02 PM

Group Icon

gimme sympathy,
Toni wouldn't show that she winced a bit as she caught Zed, the added weight only stung her side more but seeing as she wasn't looking directly at him for the moment she caught him. And the immediate heat that rushed to her cheeks was hidden for only a moment but of course she had moved to look at him right has she heard his words. Well wasn't he still so bloody charming even when they were both bleeding still. "M-merci, c'est ... euh aide quand c'est votre première langue." (Th-thanks you, it..uh helps when it's your first language.) She had stuttered out the words trying to keep the redness of her cheeks from getting worse.

She had thought over the idea that Zed was doing actually very well for the attack, which meant that he wasn't human, which Toni assumed. She didn't know that the supernatural species were so prominent in the area...something SAVIOR didn't explain to her, go figure. Of course she had been thinking about this long before tonight anyways; he had confused her when he asked about something she mumbled out in her delirious state that caught his attention. Corbeau..Raven...Zed had seemed shocked when he asked her about it before she left but waved it off quickly when she denied remembering exactly what she said that night except for a few bits and pieces.

Obviously he knew about the other life of the world, the supernaturals. He wasn't afraid when the werewolves attack and this...Dom person didn't make Zed lose his mind either as he took down the last one being in another form. Toni actually felt more...relaxed she guessed, knowing that he could take the news that she wasn't human either wasn't going to go as bad as she thought. If she ever told him. She knew she hadn't lost that much blood...yet, but the sickening feeling of it leaking out of her side made her head spin. While Zed commented that it was lucky she was "wandering around," Toni had almost clung herself to his body to keep them both standing and so she could regain her footing before they moved to go to the house he talked about.

Toni was surprised it didn't take them that long to get to the house, or maybe it only felt that way because of the condition she was in. Either way she didn't care as long as she could sit down soon and take care of herself and Zed, even if he was the trained professional by being a medic. But of course things just couldn't go smoothly after tonight's fight, seriously she just wanted to get into the house without passing out in front of Zed...again. But that plan was sidetracked as she kicked down the door, despite logic telling her it was gonna hurt like a bitch and the quick protest Zed tried to get out before her foot connected to the wood of the door.

And yes, that movement hurt like a bitch. Any clogging that may have started was easily ripped open soaking her white shirt even more than before, which probably didn't help Zed's concern in the slightest. She was half bent over, trying to take deep breaths to get the pain to subside, because sure it was still going to hurt but this is where the mind over matter would come in handy. She was still leaned over as she felt a strong arm wrap around her waist. She immediately leaned into Zed's embrace and letting him take the lead this time. She was able to lean up enough to stand more straight but she was still hunched over abit as one of her arms wrapped around Zed's back since they both needed the support.

She could make out that they were moving around the house, but her vision was blurry enough that she couldn't make out the exact layout of the house or what turns they made to get to the bathroom. Toni squinted as Zed flipped on the light, going from one lightly lit place to practically darkness and then to bright light did not help Toni see well at all. She nodded a bit, stumbling her way through the bathroom past Zed to sit on by the bathtub. Toni knew well enough that if she actually sat on it she would no doubt lose her balance and fall back into it and neither of them were in any condition to get her out or deal with the possible concussion she might get. She let herself sink to the floor leaning up against the porcelain tub with her head resting on the edge as Zed fumbled around the cabinet.

Only the light pressure of the towels landing on her got Toni to lift her head. Damn, she should have worn that button up shirt instead but she didn't know that her night would go in this direction. She fumbled to pull the strap that held the machete across her back over her head and let it drop the the side, her breathes getting deeper as she continued to move around. She leaned her head to the side to look at the wound but it only made her grimace and grown at what she saw. Yeah, that was gonn hurt for a while. Gently she lifted up the side of her shirt to expose the gashes. Toni chuckled a bit, "Heh....that would just take all the fun away." Toni smiled back before releasing a hiss as the peroixde made contact with her skin. Toni put as much pressure on as instructed, but it wasn't much and she used her foot to tap Zed's leg. "Hey, no going out now...I didn't jump through that window just to show off you know.

WORDS: 971 | TAG: ZED/ELLE| OUTFIT: here| NOTES: don't worry over toni <.<;;
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0
ZEDEKIAH JACOB MARKOV
Posted: Jan 12 2014, 05:21 PM

Group Icon

Born in the usa,

Zed only turned his head enough to watch her take off her machete strap, and even that seemed like too much effort. He sighed, absently remembering how leery he'd been of the weapon when she'd mentioned it back in his apartment. Well, he was sure as shit glad that she carried it now. He snorted softly at her comment, and it wasn't the pain of the peroxide on his open wounds that took his breath away—although it did, in part—but her smile, even exhausted as it looked, was what had his insides tightening a little. And he realized not for the first time, with a mental jesus fucking christ, that he really, really liked this girl—far more than he'd originally thought. His lids slowly drifted shut as he rested them, the very action which he tried to prevent when dealing with patients at work, before toni's tapping on his foot brought him back from the sleepy realm which had threatened to steal him away.

”yeah, yeah,” he mumbled, lips pursing in a slight frown as he opened his eyes again and willed himself to concentrate. Shifters were very alike to humans in their healing capabilities, but he'd always noticed a slight superiority, and zed drew on that with every ounce of effort that he could summon. He moved over slightly, grimacing and reaching to put his hand over hers which was holding the towel to her side. ”more than that,” he breathed, meaning more pressure, easily able to see that she wasn't applying enough. His own bleeding at started to stop, though he'd lost a significant amount of blood—too much by the way his head felt like a giant wad of cotton, lighter than air and fluffy as hell.

But he knew his limits, and the pain of the peroxide helped keep him focused and alert; there'd be no passing out on his end, not if he could help it. The shifter reached for the little pack of needle and thread he'd tossed to the floor, releasing her side—and shooting a stern look her way, like she better keep applying pressure—before removing his towel from his chest. He cleaned the gashes quickly and efficiently, glad that they were somewhere he could access easily on himself. The quicker he could get himself in decent shape enough that he didn't have to worry, the sooner he could help stitch his savior up. "where are you from, originally? where in france?" he asked, half because he wanted to know and half because he needed the distraction. With bloody fingers, zed slid the thread's end through the needle and set to work, pulling the broken flesh back together stitch by stitch. His expression flinched with pain every once in a while, but it was nothing compared to actually getting the wounds in the first place.

Werewolves, he'd discovered, were fucking dicks.

With a shaky sigh, zed leaned his head back on the wall and closed his eyes, pale and more than exhausted. His head swam with the movement, but there was still one more gash on his upper shoulder. He manoeuvred his hands to begin stitching, but the angle was increasingly awkward. ”ngh. You gotta finish me off, babe, and then i'll get yours,” he mumbled, fighting hard against the sleep that weighed so heavily on his mind like a hundred stifling sandbags. Yet he still managed to smirk crookedly and say, ”hehe. that sounded dirty.”

a buncha words.
AAHHH I'M SO EXCITED
♔ nickdiazfan
ANTOINETTE NIO IRONS
Posted: Jan 20 2014, 12:56 AM

Group Icon

gimme sympathy,
Her eyelids felt so happy now Toni was actually happy that she didn't have a round of shots in the last few days that would make this all a lot worse. She should have tried to stay awake but it was hard since she not only tore up her side but busting in the door but also focused more on Zed than herself. For her reasoning he was in worse shape than she was and with sometime Toni knew she would heal but even for a dragon it was a slow process, especially since her DNA had practically been changed completely by the works of SAVIOR. Her insides felt like they could have been healing a bit but it definitely didn't feel like or look like it. She kept herself away by keeping an eye on Zed as he wa also slipping...and the only one with real modern healng knowledge.

Plus she wouldn't admit that she was also still admiring the fellow across from her. She was a woman and couldn't help it because I mean...who wouldn't look at that when his shirt was off? Even if he was bleeding a little bit...or a lot. She took a deep breathe, which hurt, as he woke up from his own sleepy state with the tapping over her foot. She smiled a bit again before she realized that Zed had moved closer and placed his hand over hers, which had unknowingly relaxed against her wound out of exhaustion. She hissed as the peroxide made contact with the wound again but as her eyes opened she was met with his own eyes and the immediate blush heated her cheeks. She still wasn't used to someone being that close and actually taking care of her.

She kept the pressure on the wound a bit more now as he pulled away, she nodded a little too late to his statement about more pressure, but she felt like she had to do something that may make him forget about how red her face got, but Zed even noticed that when she was at his house after he took her in for the night, so the headshake probably wasn't gonna do shit. She leaned more against the tub, her body actually sliding downwards enough that her head could rest comfortably on the edge...as comforting as a porcelin tub could be that is. Although her eyes were heavy she could make out that Zed was moving around to most likely stitch his wound and her head turned to the side to see him better.

"An old place...of umm...Bordeaux." She was able to mumble out, as she wracked her brain for the answer. Honestly she didn't know if the place still existed outside history books. She didn't even think her family or any other possible living relatives were still there seeing as she was born over two hundred years ago. She almost wanted to ask if Zed knew French history to an extent but that would give him more questions that she couldn't answer without revealing everything, but in the haze of blood loss she didn't really care anymore of what she told Zed.

"I haven't been there in ages though, I don't think the family I had is still around." She mumbled out, still watching his hands work to stitch his chest. She frowned a bit when she actually realized how pale he was, damnit she felt bad that she was practically useless in the arts of modern medicine. Her eyebrows furrowed together when he asked for assistance. She shifted her weight in order to sit up and move over tolean against the wall next to him. "Heh...ok, but I warn you I haven't stitched anything in a very long time." She gave the warning jokingly but was completely serious. It might be one fucked up job by the time Toni was done with it. She couldn't stop herself when he made the realization of his comment. She had to stop and lean her head on his shoulder but luckily avoided the room just to laugh.

Surprisingly it didn't take her long to finish and with a tired sigh Toni was able to finish off the stitching and let the needle rest between her fingers as it dropped to the floor. Her head lulled to the side another wave exhaustion hitting her since she was no longer holding the towel to her side. "All done...I think it's...time to...bed...." She mumbled out, her head again resting on his shoulder. At least he was stitched up and to Toni that was all that mattered.

WORDS: 774 | TAG: ZED/ELLE| OUTFIT: here| NOTES: aaaaaaaaand she's passing out dude~
TEASPOONS @ CAUTION 2.0
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0558 seconds · Archive

skin by avey and cody's a wizard of shine.