May 24, noon to May 27th, midnight.

Hey babes! The goal for this weekend's promo is a collective 30 points! As always, a regular length post contributes 1 point and rapid fires are .5. LET'S DO THIS. Supply 3 points for the promo and win 15 if we reach our goal by midnight on Tuesday!

"Santa, That son of a bitch owes me so many titty mags you have no idea." - Virgil Ashcroft

“I don’t want you to be sorry, Luke, I want you to fix it. Repeat after me, Luke. Double Double. Two Cream. Two. Sugars.” - Sawyer Cross

“That douche bag sex toy was going to double as a snack later, now I’m out dinner and a show.” - Fauve Kynan

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Niko, but you're on the highway to hell now - and buddy, mercy is about ten exits in the opposite direction.” - Rhali Freeman

"World War One I was really busy... Ancient Greece was a pretty busy time too, but that is all a little sketchy." - Jaxxon Kennedy

“Oh, I suppose you were expecting Graham. Sorry to disappoint. He's out to lunch right now, taking a little nap back there in the corner of our consciousness, so you get Cain instead.” - Cain Ashton

"What was your plan, charming? Slit my throat and leave me for dead. Or were you going to make it look like a suicide?" - Clarice Van Helsing

“I have this condition, y'know, when I drink too much, I black out and do stupid shit—maybe you've heard of it? It's called getting really freakin' smashed.” - Troy Thomas

"Well maybe I would if you let me have a bit of fun now and again. You know I don't like bad news. I get very....grumpy." - Caius Leventis

Thanks for cody's a wizard and kismet for the sidebar. SubDevo for the Peekaboo Side Tables! Skin by avey of shine, slider tabs by ring wang of codrops.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
NEW POLL

ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN GOOD [RF], Pen/Rae
PENELOPE MAY KELLY
Posted: Jul 31 2014, 04:33 PM

AGAINST ALL RACES - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

Group: NEPHILIM
Member No.: 393

She felt the burn in her cheeks as her nickname floated up over the sound of running water. As she prepared the pan for the rest of the food to go in, tapping the side of the thick as she listened to the sound of the flames kicking on for the stove, and the rattle of the dried pasta, thinking as Danny worked on a way to work around what she’d just told him that he’d just called her out on. ”It’s not hypocritical. I told you to go with Eric, it makes sense for two guys to go out and be each other’s wingmen or whatever they’re called. If I had a night to myself it would literally be me sitting alone at a bar…can you bring a book to a bar? I could just read off my phone, I guess…” The nephilim was trying to figure out just how someone went about being alone at a bar, then again she’d always had a meal with someone, children, coworkers, her family…the thought of alone just seemed…lonely.

She could almost feel the eyes burning into the back of her head, rolling her eyes a little, ”I know you all are more than capable of taking care of yourselves, it’s just a matter of if you actually do take care of yourselves or not when I leave.” Her voice lilted gently, trying not to sound mean or rude. The family had done perfectly fine before she’d come into their lives…though maybe perfectly wasn’t the right word to use. They’d lived on their own for so long with just each other, when she’d come into the fold there wasn’t much that had to be fixed or changed, it was just a family with a lot of love to spare for each other even if it was in forms that didn’t seem so loving.

”I think I’ll stick with staying home anyways. I doubt I’ll meet anyone out there worth explaining the trouble to about all of this. What chance do we have of running into other nephilim like us, never met one that ran in a group that called itself a family. Then again I guess it has to do with the danger of it all.” Angels were a great danger to them at all times, demons as well…but they’d managed a somewhat quiet life lately it felt. She laughed softly, as Danny distracted her fairly well”A date it is. Now then, if you don’t have to do much right now would you like to help me get into putting pieces together and pinning? Nothing too hard.” She finished up, wiping off her hands as she went to the costumes.

Most of the pieces were done, but others just needed the final touches, little baggies of sequins and decorations pinned to each one as she pulled a few our for him, ”Just about making sure everything stays together and looks okay, no odd bits just hanging off.” She finished a bit of the sorting, setting some off to the side she knew would be easy enough for Danny, ”You don’t have to do all of it, just a little bit helps. Then you can go off and safely complete this personal work you have to do.” She got out a small sewing box, setting it at the table.

Going back to the stove she checked on the pasta, quiet as she stirred. A thought popped into her head, one that she’d been thinking before in their talks of going out and meeting people, her smile fading a little, ”Danny, you and Eric…before you met me. Have you ever met other nephilim? Do you think we’ll meet others like ourselves?” It was random from the flow of how things had been going that night, but now it was a bug in her ear, all that talk about relationships now reverberating among her thoughts, drowning them out. Eric, Danny, and Linds were the only ones she knew…a small sigh slipped from her as she turned off the stove, the fire dying quickly.

DANIEL ELLIOT MASTERS
Posted: Aug 4 2014, 09:16 PM

AGAINST ALL RACES - PLAYED BY PANDA
Group Icon

Member No.: 378

raise your glass and say
here's to never growing up
Danny couldn't help but roll his eyes at Penelope's own excuses about not going out, not that he couldn't take, he didn't go out either and probably still wouldn't make an effort after this talk. "You could go with Linds you know, I don't think she would mind either. But I wouldn't risk the book, bars aren't the cleanest places and a lot of things get spilled." He retorted back, but went along with the book thing; at least she had a plan to bring something to do Danny would just be stuck sitting somewhere watching everyone be loud and getting in nervous conversations with everyone.

His playful glare turned into a smile as he had dumped the noodles into the water per Penelope's instructions, he knew full well that Eric and Danny were kind of a hap-hazard mess before Penelope, they functioned well enough but there was just something women brought to the house that two guys just couldn't do very well on their own. Plus, it would be a wonder what it would be like without Penelope around which Danny didn't want to think about. He loved this mismatched family too much only the fact that they had settled in the middle of the big rift between Heaven and Hell disturbed him, just because they focused on each other didn't mean that they wouldn't turn a full blind eye on the band of nephilims.

After letting the noodles soften a little bit Danny figured they would need a little longer so he wandered over to lean against the wall nearest to Penelope watching her get her things together and waiting for more instructions should need be. "Yeah, I get that. Kind of hard around here with well...what we're surrounded by. But who knows, maybe there will just be that person you know? Who won't think we're crazy." He chuckled a bit, moving slightly out of the way as she left the kitchen. "Sure." Following shortly afterwards.

He had kicked off his shoes to place at the side before settling into the couch as Penelope had sorted out on the table in front of him. "Not like I mind, not like I have papers to go over this week. Plus, I like doing something different the wide age gap between our classes definitely helps." He smiled a bit reaching for a bag of sequins and picked up a costume to begin working on. He had gotten a little far on fixing some things and adding some other things here and there when he heard her question from the kitchen. "Hmm....not really no, I mean besides Lindsey when we visited our old orphanage. Most don't tend to stay in one place for long you know? And sticking in groups, not many were for that, I guess." He answered hesitantly looking over his shoulder into the kitchen.

darren criss. @ shine
PENELOPE MAY KELLY
Posted: Aug 6 2014, 06:40 PM

Group Icon

”It’s odd though, I mean I think it would be fun, but I grew up helping raise her for part of the time. She’s like a kid sister while also sort of being my own child in a way. Then again I could take any of you out and it would basically be drinking with family. I feel I’d spend more time beating the guys off to keep away from our dear Linds.” Protective much? Penelope had grown very attached to Linds, one reason she found it hard to do something outside of her work and coming home was because she wanted to make sure someone was always around for them. Her own mother couldn’t protect her or her brother, but Pen was stronger than she’d been she could withstand…

Danny didn’t seem to want to let the subject of going out actually go, it was a rather rough part of their lives. Social outside of their jobs and home…as normal mortals there were people that others kept their whole lives growing up with for all the important days, anniversaries, birthdays, funerals. As nephilim this work became infinitely harder due to the fact that they had no stopping point in their lives and that their aging was non-existent and very noticeable after a few decades. ”It’s not so much about thinking we’re not crazy. I love all three of you, but you’re all crazy in the best way. I guess it just sort of is hitting me now that it’s not so easy bringing people around, or at least the ones we can keep.” The last time she’d had started to feel like the only person in the world with her problem she’d been blessed by stumbling in upon the odd little family of Danny, Linds, and Eric…

The house wasn’t so large that it was impossible to talk between rooms, from her place on the stove she could glance out and see Danny on the couch, glittery pieces of cloth, plastic crowns, wands and other items all surrounded him ”It certainly is different work for you. If you ever want to we’re always looking for volunteers to help after school if you want to force your students in need of extra credit to do this. However, unlike you, I won’t feed them homemade dinner…might get cookies and juice boxes.” Draining the noodles she carefully began to layer the pan, noodles, cheese, spinach and basil, more cheese, sauce…slowly the large glass pan was filled, heavy as she lugged it to the oven as she listened to Danny.

Wiping her hands off Penelope couldn’t stop the furrow that creased her brow, a small frown forming as she cranked the egg timer and came back to the couch as she grabbed up her sewing box and flopped down beside Danny, ”I hate thinking about what is happening to all of them out there in the world on their own. Or even if there are more like us. What would have happened to us if we hadn’t found each other...” She began to work, fingers moving deftly as she sewed pieces together, ”It bothers me, we’re hunted, never safe, it feels like we should be trying to find each other. Though it might be safer this way.” Her expression darkened a little bit as she leaned against Danny’s side, sighing softly.

It was a dark path to go down as she tried to wave it off, ”I think I’m just feeling like there has to be more to life than moving around and keeping our heads down. Am I crazy?”

DANIEL ELLIOT MASTERS
Posted: Aug 25 2014, 11:10 PM

Group Icon

raise your glass and say
The images of Penelope going in protective mode over Lindsey in a bar made Danny chuckle out loud with a shake of his head. It got a little more imaginary than depiction of real life when he imaged her holding a hand broom or some other sort of object to get her point across. She was protective of all of them for sure, it was overly evident when she kept coming back to 'check on Lindsey' since she, and really the rest of the world, was so unsure that to men could raise a child, let alone a girl. Although it did take some edge off in the early years as they had Lindsey take Danny's name and were able to pass her off as his sister to those who would dive into their actual history.

Danny knew it would only be a matter of time before they had to find another place to settle down, but hopefully being here would make that time limit be a little longer. Anyone who wasn't a human with no ties whatsoever to someone involved with the Supernatural knew what was going on in this city. The fact that the little family had settled down in the thick of it was crazy in itself. Four nephilims who would most likely be killed on site by both sides was disaster waiting to happen. Yet as time when on, Danny saw more often that either side was completely wrapped up in the big picture and they went undetected, for the time being. But unlike other places, in the bulk of the onslaught they had to watch their backs a little bit more just in case even if they seemed relaxed. "Yeah..." He mumbled out as he picked through the glittering cloth and plastic objects, it wasn't easy for any of them to make long term friends with the whole not-aging thing it usually drove them to stick closer together even if they drove each other nuts every once in a while.

"That'd be interesting, college students in class for technology getting extra credit at an elementary school." He stifled a laugh but would seriously take it into consideration, "Plus I bet they would appreciate the cookies though, college kids and all. Not a lot of variance in the food choices." He slid a little bit over on the couch in order to give Pen room to work on the clothes as dinner was made. He had Pen out enough times to know usually what she needed done unless it was something completely knew she was trying with her classes, so it wasn't that hard to just jump right into the mess and see what he could come up with on his own without making too much of a mess this time.

His eyebrows furrowed together as he dealt with a particularly annoying plastic gem along the neckline of one of the dresses. His fingers may have been long-ish and nimble at times, but it was Danny and he fumbled a lot and they were made for keyboards not fabric and tiny objects. "Unfortunately, not everyone sees it that way. A group could mean a bigger target I guess. Not that I would deny anyone coming in and joining us...we'd probably need a bigger place though." He tried to joke but knew this probably wasn't the best time, he just wanted to ease the dark cloud that seemed to be hanging over Penelope's head now. As she leaned against him, he stopped working enough to wrap an arm around her shoulders comfortingly.

"Nah, well...technically you are with dealing with us three. But that is another matter entirely. But, you're right. Maybe here we can find a decent little niche to keep for longer than usual, with the angels and demons more at each others throats there aren't many to spare to go hunting for people like us just because some of them couldn't keep their pants up." Danny held neither love nor hate for angels or demons, he would be around too long to harbor such things and let it stew in his conscious. Not that he hadn't thought of what would happen if his mother actually decided to hunt him down.

darren criss. @ shine
PENELOPE MAY KELLY
Posted: Aug 26 2014, 04:19 PM

Group Icon

”Face it, everyone wants to be a kid still in the end. Better snacks” Penelope worked in the kitchen, talking over her own thoughts that buzzed through her mind, ”It’s so sad that all the children focus on is growing up though. Nothing so great about that. Bills, work, work, more bills, and people still telling you what to do with your life.” She stopped, smirking to herself as she leaned out the kitchen door, ”However you should listen to me. Just saying, I know what I’m talking about.” She pointed at Danny, holding back a laugh at her own words…she was find having taken up the motherly role with this group of misfits, in the end she enjoyed taking care of them, hearing them laugh, the warmth that came from knowing someone else was there with her and wouldn’t leave.

The sewing was easy, calming, much like cooking was in the house. She let the quiet of the work settle in until the topic moved to other’s like them. She felt a little crazy for bringing it up really, they’d never met another nephilim since she’d come along as far as she knew. Reaching out she took the work that Danny was having trouble with, fixing the costume gem with ease before she handed it back, his joke was welcomed though she only managed a little smile, ”We could always move you into Eric’s room. I’ve thought about it before.” She managed to joke back gently as she felt the warmth of his touch circle her.

Soon the smell of warm sauce and pasta filled the air as the lights outside dimmed further. Getting up on her feet she set aside her work to turn on the lights. ”I guess that means you don’t think I’m crazy?” She chuckled softly, looking out the window into the darkened street, lamps coming on along the road.

”I should just let it all go shouldn’t I? It’s hard, so much time spent running and such and then to have some peace. Shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth…” She sighed, going back to the sewing she’d set in her lap. ”Things really have picked up lately in this city, haven’t they? Makes it more of a quiet life for us. Maybe we should enjoy it more…maybe I will go out at some point for something that isn’t a fieldtrip.” She chuckled, remembering that there would be a trip to the art museum in the next few weeks…not really the most adult activity in her life, ”Maybe we all could together, might make it less awkward.”

DANIEL ELLIOT MASTERS
Posted: Oct 4 2014, 12:17 AM

Group Icon

raise your glass and say
Danny chuckled and nodded although she couldn't see it. "More like free food." He had been able to make it through one garment of putting some things on it that he figured Pen would want, helping her came often enough that it was just something else he remembered by nature, albeit he still had issues with the hot glue gun...he wasn't allowed to play with that. "Yeah, it's the freedom though I think, don't have to necessarily have to listen to your parents 24/7 but that doesn't last long obviously, but the allure is still there." He had fumbled with a few pins here and there and nicked his thumb, with a small hiss he rubbed it out. "I do listen to you Pen...I just happen to...select when I hear it." He stumbled out with a grin that would no doubt earn him a glare.

It was no secret that Danny did things that all three of them didn't like, especially with the parkour thing but they would have to admit he was getting pretty good at it and usually didn't come home with new scratches and big bruises anymore. His eyes fixed on the garment he was having trouble with before Pen pulled it from his hands which he gave a half-serious glare to which wasn't serious at all. At the moving room's statement, Danny was able to not let his jaw slacken at the suggestion, instead his ground his teeth together and his jack locked for a second. Turning to the side to grab another bag of sewing supplies for them both he was able to hide the redness creeping up his neck.

"You've thought about it before..?" He questioned in a voice that was trying hide the fact it would try cracking under the weird pressure of that situation happening. "...nevermind, I don't want to know." He quickly said before she could answer. There was enough bubbling inside Danny that he didn't need Pen's and Lindsey's voice in the mix as well. He had just decided to lean back in the couch for a little bit while Penelope moved back to the kitchen. "Well, crazy enough to be able to deal with us on a daily basis but no, not entirely crazy at all." He quickly regained his boyish grin as he looked into the kitchen over his shoulder.

He had pulled himself back up into a slightly hunched working position as she returned. "Yeah, but it's hard with that constant threat over our heads I'm not surprised it was bugging you, I won't lie I have thought about it myself. As long as we keep our heads low there shouldn't be too much of an issue until this thing comes to a head...and who knows how far that may be off with." In all honesty it would be nice to be in a place for a while and not have to worry about the question that would surround them with the lack of physically changing going around the town. He nodded in agreement though, even if he and Penelope would probably end up sticking close together out of habit if they went out socially. "Sure thing Penpen."

darren criss. @ shine
PENELOPE MAY KELLY
Posted: Oct 5 2014, 08:57 PM

Group Icon

”Yeah, that must be it.” Between the cooking and the sewing Penelope felt as fir she was flying about the house to get things done, she preferred it almost, it was easier than sitting and being left alone with her thoughts for so long. When he brought up parents she made a face, uttering a sigh. None of them had parents for long, a family of orphans, it was literaterally them against the rest of the world it felt at times. The small nephilim didn’t say anything to that, glad for her friend’s selective hearing, smiling in relief before she glared playfully, ”Why you…” She took a playful swipe at him.

Pen had expected him to keep fighting her, demand his own room and make some insulting comment about their “brother” Eric in the attempts to keep it that way, but instead he went quiet and worry wrinkled her brow as he turned away. Going back to the kitchen she was stopped by Danny’s quick question and cut-off. She was slower now, keeping an ear out for anything more. What was wrong with the suggestion? If they had more nephilim come? More orphans who found their way into their mix…

Even with the return of his cheery attitude she found herself mulling over his previous reaction to moving in with Eric, another thing to weigh on her mind now? Was something wrong between them? She’d always assumed they were just a little too close and too stupid to just call it a thing, but maybe she’d be wrong? ”Well I guess this peace gives us time to settle other things. Perhaps we can figure out a way to stay here longer than our usual handful of years. Maybe we can get out and enjoy life more, do the human thing I guess before this bubble bursts…or maybe it won’t, ever.” Taking things off of the stove she strained little with the heavy pots, letting things cool as she began to get out bowls and plates, ”God, the four of us out together, I don’t think we’ve done that for a while, a regular family night. Though I question the good sense of anyone who lets us into a room…”

It was still bugging her as she set the table for dinner, the way Danny had reacted about her comments before, she couldn’t shake it as she grabbed out silverware, ”Did something happen between you and Eric? You didn’t seem so keen at the idea of putting you two together in a room. I mean, I was joking for the most part, but if we did find more nephilims there might not be enough space…but even then.” She shook her head slowly, ”If something happened between you two like a fight you’d tell me right? We have to live with each other. I don’t want to see this family fall apart. Also, if I need to go cracking heads I need all the facts Danny boy. We’re too old to be fighting among ourselves, especially the two dad’s of this weird family.”

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0379 seconds · Archive

skin by avey and cody's a wizard of shine.