May 24, noon to May 27th, midnight.

Hey babes! The goal for this weekend's promo is a collective 30 points! As always, a regular length post contributes 1 point and rapid fires are .5. LET'S DO THIS. Supply 3 points for the promo and win 15 if we reach our goal by midnight on Tuesday!

"Santa, That son of a bitch owes me so many titty mags you have no idea." - Virgil Ashcroft

“I don’t want you to be sorry, Luke, I want you to fix it. Repeat after me, Luke. Double Double. Two Cream. Two. Sugars.” - Sawyer Cross

“That douche bag sex toy was going to double as a snack later, now I’m out dinner and a show.” - Fauve Kynan

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Niko, but you're on the highway to hell now - and buddy, mercy is about ten exits in the opposite direction.” - Rhali Freeman

"World War One I was really busy... Ancient Greece was a pretty busy time too, but that is all a little sketchy." - Jaxxon Kennedy

“Oh, I suppose you were expecting Graham. Sorry to disappoint. He's out to lunch right now, taking a little nap back there in the corner of our consciousness, so you get Cain instead.” - Cain Ashton

"What was your plan, charming? Slit my throat and leave me for dead. Or were you going to make it look like a suicide?" - Clarice Van Helsing

“I have this condition, y'know, when I drink too much, I black out and do stupid shit—maybe you've heard of it? It's called getting really freakin' smashed.” - Troy Thomas

"Well maybe I would if you let me have a bit of fun now and again. You know I don't like bad news. I get very....grumpy." - Caius Leventis

Thanks for cody's a wizard and kismet for the sidebar. SubDevo for the Peekaboo Side Tables! Skin by avey of shine, slider tabs by ring wang of codrops.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
NEW POLL

Torn, Lucy/Phyre
HARRISON GREGORY RASMUSSEN
Posted: Aug 30 2014, 11:50 PM

HELLSPAWN - PLAYED BY PHYRE
Group Icon

Group: ARCHDEMON
Member No.: 10

I'm hearing what you say
but I just can't make a sound
Tell me that you need me...

His gaze at the window they fell back upon her. "Gabriel and myself are planning on just charging blindly into battle anytime soon. We're both very careful. And the two of us...we never face other when it comes to a battle. I'm not leaving you Violet and neither is Gabe."

So she'd be trying to set up Gabriel with someone and he couldn't help but smile a little. "It must run in the family." he mused.

He leaned into her touch a little smile tugging a this lips as he looked over at her. "You said yourself I can't do anything normal apparently. But this...I promise. I won't mess up again. Any and everything you want to know, I won't keep anything hidden. I promise not to hide anymore."

He forgot how little she weighed and how easily he lifted her up into his arms, minding the injured leg trying his best not to move it. "I'd like to think pushing us together. I'd like to hope at least." he said having missed her warmth and having her so close. He chuckled a little and gave a shrug. "I would have called you stubborn but you made it sound much better." he murmured with a widening grin. "It is one of your best qualities. You aren't a helpless damsel in distress, not by a long shot."

Shifting her a little in his arms holding her full weight on one arm he reached into his pocket and offered his. "He'll see my number, and hear you so he'll instantly know where you are. He might cuss when he answers. We haven't talked since that night. So..brace yourself." he warned as he shifted her back into both of his arms.

He paced for a moment while listening to her, rocking gently with her in his arms. "I understand you need time, you have every right to want to scream or break something." he looked over his shoulder at the pies and then back to her and then towards the bathroom. "I have an idea." he said moving them towards the huge sectional couch in the middle of the living room. Chuckling at her comment about a lack of items he gave a shrug. "You can leave things here I won't mind." Sitting down on the edge of the chaise that was attached to the couch he brushed back at hair before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "But about my idea..." he said glancing over his shoulder then back to her. "You said you wanted to break something?" Wetting his lip he scooted a little closer. "What if I said you could smash that apple pie right into my face? You'd be the only person in the world that could say they pied the devil. Pics would be allowed to send to Gabe or anyone else for that matter. What do you say?"

NOTES: ded
VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Aug 31 2014, 01:03 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

Group: HUMAN
Member No.: 344

I don’t know where you’re going
but do you got room for one more troubled soul
I don’t know where I’m going

”I worry though, doesn’t matter if you aren’t planning on it, doesn’t change you’re both involved and somehow I managed to get myself involved too.” it was a sad thought, to have spent so much time in a military family she knew war, she knew what it could do to her brothers, to families. ”I doubt you can promise me that’s the way it’s always going to be though, right? I could never pull promises from my brothers to come home safely, we knew what would happen.”

From war to love, she caught his smile as she spoke of Gabe, hanging her head a little sheepishly, ”He won’t admit that I’m helping, but I am…you should see the way they look at each other. They don’t know it yet, but soon.” She wondered if that was what her own co-workers had watched whenever Harrison had visited the shop, though she wasn’t quite sure she wanted to hear that she acted quite the fool in front of so many people because of the man who was lifting her up so gently in his arms. ”No…don’t promise that you won’t mess up. That’s a terrible promise to make Lucifer…no matter how much power you have. Promise that last part though, about not hiding, about talking to me. If you mess up you mess up, I’m going to mess up too, but if you lie then it defeats the purpose of trust…and I want to trust you.”

His hold was strong though she didn’t feel as if she was being crushed or broken with them around her form, supported….the way he gently held her, the feeling of safety washing over her like it had when he’d taken her in his arms the last time she’d been hurt. He’d brought her to the hospital then, leaving her there to Gabe, but now he was holding her and she wondered if he would let her go at all now? ”We do keep seeming to find each other in the end, don’t we? Doesn’t matter what happens I always seem to end up in your arms.” A soft tsk escaped her lips as she shook her head, a little amused by this realization.

Lucifer’s words brought a pinkness to her cheeks as she looked up at him, huffing as she squirmed in his grasp, ”I am not stubborn…” She started to argue, though she didn’t push him away as she stared up at his grinning face, listening to his amusement, ”For someone whose happy I’m not a damsel in distress you certainly hold me like I am.” Instinctively she reached out to hold onto him as he shifted her about, trying to balance herself before he held out his phone to her offering it up with a warning, ”Maybe you should talk to Gabe too…I know you two care about each other, I didn’t want to make people mad at each other that night…I don’t think any of us were expecting it to happen.” She took the phone, looking down at its dark screen as she sighed.

She made no call yet, just for the time being she let him hold her, not really sure what she wanted in that moment between the frustration of everything that had first brought her here and how amazing it was to stay in his arms. ”That doesn’t change that I have nothing here right now. No clothes, nothing…” She blushed at the thought of actually leaving things here, seemingly a little sudden, but they’d never been normal as she was soon being deposited on the couch with a soft kiss, leaning up towards him before he pulled away.

At first the offer to break something the woman began to refuse, remember how she’d slapped Lucifer the first time they’d been together, and how much it had hurt her own hand to do so, though the suggestion he had at first left her a little stunned. Violet sat in silence, moments ticking by, turning the words over in her head, ”You’re serious? You want me to smash a pie into your face.” It was hard to keep the slightly amused smile off of her lips as she thought about it, leaning back against the pillows as she looked him over, ”Aren’t you worried about how the others might see that? Their leader being humiliated by a human?” Violet wanted to accept the offer, her smile growing against her will the longer she thought on it, she wanted to let out some steam, wanted to destroy the pie she’d made to make a point…this was the best of both worlds as she nodded.

”you can’t back out of this I hope you know.”

NOTES: They just need to cuddle and be happy
Posted: Sep 1 2014, 02:19 AM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

He bit at his lip listening to her concerns. "It has been heating up. But it's been heating up for centuries.I won't tell you to not worry, because you will anyway. But I'm quite fond of my life, and I intend to live it for a great deal longer. I won't be foolish. I"m sorry there's so much that comes with Gabriel and myself in caring about us. We are careful though and it's no small feat to hurt one of us, Arches don't go down easy, angel or demon."

God help who ever Violet had tried to set up with Gabe, he was something else. It would take a special someone to get him in line. He snorted his grin curling further. "I would pay good money to watch Gabriel try to court someone." he mused with a soft chuckle. He was quiet certain he'd seemed foolish around Violet, but frankly he didn't care. He loved to dote on her and still did. According to her he couldn't so anything normal and frankly he intended to keep it that way. The night he filled the bakery with flowers wouldn't be the last. The night he appeared in her place to find her gone, it had been nice to see the little pomegranate tree he'd given her sitting by a window looking tended to and cared for.

She was right, he couldn't promise, his fall have proven his perfection false, he would mess up again. A relationship such as this was so new and foreign to him, things were bound to pop up. But he could promise to tell her everything, to talk to her. He wasn't going to hide anything. Holding her in his arms, so close now, he looked into her eyes, not wanting to let go of her gaze ever again. "I want you to trust me. I'll do all I can to earn it Violet. No matter how long it takes." Just to hold her again, to feel her lean into him, welcome his arms around her, he'd been afraid he'd never feel it again. If she'd let him he'd happily hold her for the rest of the night and then some. A soft grin spread across his lips as the comment about how she always seemed to end up in his arms. Shrugged a little, shifting her gently. "Funny how that works out hmm?"

Though he teased he did like her 'stubbornness' he liked that she was strong willed, independent. The fact that she was basically telling the Devil what it was going to go in their relationship said something about her character. God help the world if Violet was ever made immortal, she'd rule it within a day, and honestly he'd gladly serve under her. "Can't I just be fond of carrying you? Is there a law saying it's illegal?" Looking at the phone as well he wet his lip and nodded. "If he wants to talk to me after you've told him where you are I will. If not I'll make sure the two of us talk at another time."

Making his way towards the couch the thought of her having her own things in his penthouse it seemed like such a small insignificant thing, but it made his heart flutter with excitement. It was an oddly thrilling thought. But she was right she did lack clothing. "Well there are two options. Option one is you steal my clothes for the night or option two is I 'run' to your place and grab a few things." He remembered how she looked in his shirt and the odd shiver that went down his spine at it.

It was the first thing that came to mind when she said she wanted to break something. Though in reality he would have given her a baseball bat and given her free rein of the penthouse. The pie though, especially the apple it had significance to the situation at hand. It was harmless. Humiliating to him, but he didn't care. If it would make her feel better that was all that mattered. At first when the silence filled out between them he thought she was going to say no or just laugh. When she asked if he was serious he just grinned and nodded. "I promised not to lie anymore didn't I?" Seated on the edge of the chaise it was hard to not keep the Cheshire grin from spread across his face, eyes crinkling from it. When she asked what about the others he merely snorted. [b]"Well unless you have my inner council on Facebook I highly doubt they are going to see it. Gabe makes fun of me anyways it wouldn't be anything new." he said with a shrug. He nodded when she said he couldn't back out and he raised his right hand. "I Lucifer, being of sound mind and body do solemnly swear that I allow Violet Grace Kennedy to smash one apple pie into my face."

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Sep 1 2014, 05:46 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

She watched his grin grow, and gently she nudged him in the side with her elbow, ”Be nice. They’re not so bad together once they stop bickering, she’s an angel, so that is good, right? He swears he doesn’t like her, I couldn’t follow everything he was saying but ‘posh’, ‘British’, and a few other things popped up but they’re not insults though he said them like they were. Still, he sat down and they had a nice long conversation in the bakery and he got her pie.” Violet brushed a hand along her skirt, remembering watching the first “date” from the window after all of Gabe’s griping. She’d felt happy then, but also a little lonely as she’d watched the two of them. It had been a day that the baker had really felt the weight of no longer having her own lover around. ”They deserve to be happy…a lot of people do.” She resisted saying anything about them, but her hand squeezed his a little tighter as she smiled, looking down at her lap.

Time slowed a little as he held her, and for a moment it felt like it always had long before she’d known about Beelzebub, she felt safe as she lingered close, breathing in his scent before she found her gaze locked with his, ”Trust…it’s a very easy thing to lose, and it takes time to build it back up, but I do want to trust you again. I hope you can trust me though, I know you can tell when I’m lying, but I mean trusting that I can handle the truth as well.” Fingers ran over the edge of the zippered hoodie he wore, nails catching on each tooth, lingering a little longer over his heart, ”Touch, taste…you’re always so tactile in how you work. I shouldn’t be surprised you seem to enjoy this so much.” It was a wonderful feeling, to feel so secure after laying everything she’d felt until she now just felt rubbed raw. Sighing she lay her head on his shoulder.

”No law, but if you carried me forever then how am I suppose to build up my strength? Honestly, you act like the others at work. When I told them what happened I was banished to sit at the counter for nearly a week.” She stopped playing with his hoodie now, the phone in her free hand just sitting there dark and untouched for the moment, ”Fine, but promise me you’ll talk to him again and I will tell him not to punch you. Families shouldn’t fight, even one’s at war…and besides, I could never be one for choosing sides between two of my best customers.” He laid her out on the chaise part of the couch, the fabric cool and soft as she sank into it, almost sad to no longer have him right against her. It was strange how much she’d missed the feeling of it, something so simple could make her feel so comforted.”Option one for tonight…I’m already elbows deep in packing up everything for when I leave, it’s chaos in my home.” She murmured softly. Her overnight bag had been empty several days ago when she figured there would be more nights away for a while, the thing probably buried under the other suitcases already. Her thoughts did not linger long though on what she would wear or use for tonight as she had Lucifer in front of her making the most ridiculous of vow.

”Fine, fine…you’re utterly ridiculous, but who am I to deny someone willing to let me vent my angers. I would never usually destroy something I’ve made, but…” It was strange how much it had upset Violet to find out about the extra pie in the order, to realize who it was for, ”I want to destroy it, and if you’re offering your face…” She laughed softly, waving him off a little, ”So how would we like to do this then? Any particular setting for getting pied?”

Posted: Sep 9 2014, 12:41 PM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

When she nudged him, he made a slightly exaggerated move to the side as if she'd nudged him harder, the grin spreading further across his lips. "So just who is sh-" he cut himself off in mid-sentence. Shaking his head he waved a hand. "Nevermind, don't tell me. It's probably best I don't know."

Violet had said she was an angel. Not a fallen, but an angel so he had to assume. There was a moral grey area with Gabe and himself because Gabe was fallen. But this angel Violet was trying to set up with his brother, it was probably for the best if he didn't know her name. It was something that could be used against him or Gabe. Ignorance was bliss, ignorance kept everyone safe.

She didn't say it but the way she squeezed his hand, he knew exactly what she was implying. He squeezed back slowly dragging his thumb across the top of her hand. He'd missed her, more then he could ever truly put into words. It felt so good to hold her, to just feel her warmth, just knowing she was there with him, that he hadn't lost her for good.

Trust, it was such a fickle thing, for mortal and immortal alike. He'd already betrayed her trust, and yet she still wanted to trust him, after everything. He truly didn't deserve her. "I don't expect to win it overnight. I want to earn it, I want to work for it. You deserve that. You deserve my trust that you can handle more then what I've given you credit for.You're so strong Violet, I've always seen it, but the part of me that wishes to keep you safe will just have to learn to relax."

When her head laid against his shoulder, he turned his head, breathing her in, closing his eyes for a moment. He smiled against her hair shrugging a little. "It means you're loved. As much as I want to carry you everywhere I fully intend to help you getting your strength back."

He looked at the the phone in her hand as well. He'd lost count of how many times he'd had Gabe's number up his thumb hovering over the 'Call' button, but he couldn't bring himself to talk to him, not after their last conversation, not after so much pain and anger had been brought up. Memories he'd long since tried to forget dragged up to the surface. He had to wonder if Gabe had told her any of what they had spoke about. He doubted it but still the thought of talking with his brother, even over the phone twisted his gut. "I promise we'll talk. Our last conversation, ended quite poorly."

His brows raised high and there was an odd little spike of panic when she said leaving and packing. "Packing?" his brows knitted together tight. "Were, were are you going? Are you..." he wasn't sure what the other half of that sentence was going to be, afraid to hear the answer if he'd asked.

He gave her a little shrug. "Honestly? I'd let you take a sledgehammer to this penthouse if it would make you feel better. But I think the pie is a bit more cathartic, if anything it'll get a good laugh right?" again he shrugged getting up from the chaise and snagging the pie. "Right here is as good of a place as any." he said coming back over and handing over the pie. "Just be sure to make it good, really get it all over good. I should smell like apple pie for at least a week if done proper."

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Sep 9 2014, 10:22 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

When Lucifer stopped himself Violet felt her brows draw together in a silent question before she realized what he’d meant when discussing his brother. There were many times she’d forgotten that both Gabe and Harrison were not human, and that as well as that they were technically on different sides of the same war being fought over Heaven and Earth. She let the line of questioning go without another word, it was better if Lucifer didn’t know about Rami, and it seemed he wanted his brother to be happy and give it no chance to be ruined. It came to mind for the briefest of moments if her own relationship with Lucifer might ever be used against him, the thought sent a shiver down her spine, she’d never ask Gabe, a question she didn’t want to know the answer to any time soon.

”I understand the need you feel to protect me, but you know that knowledge can protect me as much as ignorance can harm me. I’m not super strong, or super fast, I can’t fly or teleport like you or Gabe, but I’ve handled enough things in life that honesty and trust would be refreshing. It’s not in a devil’s nature I’m sure…but I know you’re not all corrupt, I know there is good in you too that understand that just from what you’re saying.” It was a long road set for them, it felt unfair that something that felt so right had to keep having these blocks. For all her protests and her anger Violet just felt tired now, worn out…she wanted to be stronger, for herself, for everyone, ”I want everything to go back to be happy again, all of us. I would say I want it normal, but that never was an option I think.”

Laying back on the pillows Violet noted the tone her lover used, looking up to see the furrowed brow, and the confusion slipping into his voice. ”Luci---“ She sat up a bit, hands reaching out to cup his cheeks as she sighed, ”I never thought I’d have to comfort the King of Hell. I’m not leaving Sepulchre…well not for long. I have to go home for a week or two. You weren’t around before when I got the news, and I didn’t know if I’d have the chance to tell you before I left.” A smile broke out across her face as she pulled him in closer, running her thumb along the wrinkles in his brow to sooth them out.

”My youngest brother, Matty, he’s like a twin to me almost. He’s been overseas on tour for months and we knew he was coming home at some point, but he’s going to be on a plane to Savannah in the next two weeks. He’s coming home, and this time for good. Family is having a big party, and I’m expected to be there. Did you really think I would leave forever?” she’d not meant to worry Lucifer, but it was hard not to chuckle at the worry he’d held as if she was telling him she was leaving forever. ”It’s not like you couldn’t come after me even if I did.”

Taking the pie from him she held it in her hands, it was heavy as she looked down at it. How many had she made as a standing order, how many had Beelz eaten before he’d come to her bakery that night? There was anger still lingering, strong and deep as she looked up at Lucy. Violet wasn’t so much mad at him than she was just angry about the whole situation, that once again it had cost them time and so much more. Taking a deep breath she force a smile at his words, shoving all the hard feelings down through her finger tips as she shoved her creation right into his face, bits splattering every which way as she twisted it a little, making sure she’d destroyed every little bit she’d worked so hard to make.

Her laughter rose up as she pulled back, looking over the mess she’d made as she pulled his phone up, already snapping pictures, hand shaking so much that some were a blur. Tears streamed down her cheeks, both sad and happy as she rubbed her heel of her hand against her eyes until she saw stars. ”You earned that, every bit of it. I do feel better though…” She let out a shuddering laugh, falling back on the couch as the last bits of anger started to slip away.

Posted: Oct 4 2014, 08:44 PM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

He listened to her, well and truly listened to her. He knew she was right. He worried so much, over-thought, a trait that since before time he'd always had that had landed him in trouble numerous times before now. He let out a long and heavy sigh, leaning into her ever so slight as he held her. "You're right," he breathed at first, before taking in another deep breath. "You have every right to see every side of me, to know everything about me. I was so afraid of something happening to you, trying to keep you safe and look what I have done. I've never felt this need, this desire to protect someone. Those I've cared about, those I've loved I've never had to worry about. I know you are strong Violet, you are so strong. I have to trust that you will be fine, and that's so hard to do. You're will and spirit if your body was as strong, you would be invincible."

”i want everything to go back to be happy again, all of us. i would say i want it normal, but that never was an option i think.”

Rocking her ever so gentle in his arms he was so desperate to give her all she wanted. But she was right. Normal, they could never have normal. "No it never was for us. And we can't go back. We can only go forward, doesn't mean that the future can't be happy.

Packing, leaving. There was only one thing his mind could jump to. That he'd managed to drive her from the city. For a moment everything just tunnel visioned and all the sounds in the room muffled. He didn't even realize she was speaking till he felt her hands on his cheeks and everything suddenly snapped back. She wasn't leaving, just a trip home, just a trip. His shoulders dropped with that, a sigh leaving him. He leaned into her touch, his eyes closed. [b]"I screwed up pretty big this time. I thought...maybe I'd finally done it and drove you from Sepulchre. Like I've always said, if you didn't want to see me ever again, you wouldn't. I wouldn't follow, even as much as I wanted. You're not driving down there are you? And if you're flying there is no way you are going on a commercial airliner. Take my jet. My pilot would just need to know two hours in advance when you wanted to leave."

Going and getting the pie and passing it off to her, he sat back down. He deserved this and much, much more. Here they were again. All they ever wanted was to be together. But fate and Lucifer's own incompetence kept getting in the way. There was so much meaning crammed into that pie. So much symbolism. And then it just came rocketing at his face and the world went black and everything was pie. It went straight up his nose, all over his hair, down his front in his hoodie down his back, in his ears. Sticky clumps of it clinging everywhere. He could make out her laughing, though a bit muffled at first. Having to wipe filling away from his eyes his nose was burning a bit from the cinnamon. Finally he could see again and he saw her tears.

”you earned that, every bit of it. i do feel better though…”

He scooted closer doing his best to keep a light smile on his face. "I deserve far far worse, but I'm glad you feel better." Scraping a bit off his nose he licked his finger. "Still good." he jested softly. Slowly he stood and offered a hand. "If you walked as far as I think you did, you must be sore. Would you like a hot bath with me? While I de-stick myself?"

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Oct 5 2014, 09:04 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

”I wish I was invincible sometimes. That night at the bakery, I could have used that power. I guess I know the right people to make that happen…” He held her and rocked her and she just let him hold her in his arms. A strange thought occurred to her, but she quickly pushed it away. Make a deal with the devil… As she sat there in Lucifer’s arms the thought made her feel sick to her stomach. It felt wrong and she quickly pushed it from her mind as she shook her head, it felt wrong, something that shook her to her core, ”The ones you’ve loved in the past have been above and beyond human, I understand. I have my limits, I’ve learned to embrace the error of my humanity.”

A happy future with the King of Hell, it seemed a silly train of thought as she let her fingers brush over his arms, gentle now as she thought on his words. She knew what he could do, what he had done in the past. Lucifer made it clear he walked in darkness, her run in with Beelzebub was a sign of a whole world she’d never stepped into, but he offered her happiness and despite the darkness that edged in so close she wanted to it still, even with how angry it all had made her before. She wanted her happiness with the man she’d met in her bakery, even if he wasn’t a man.

"i screwed up pretty big this time. i thought...maybe i'd finally done it and drove you from sepulchre. like i've always said, if you didn't want to see me ever again, you wouldn't.

”You did mess up, but I’m not leaving my life behind because of a little fear. I thought about it when I first found out about Heaven and Hell, between you and Gabe I almost ran for home. I know you said you’d obey if I said I never wanted to see you again.” The tone was heave as she uttered a sigh, grumbling a little bit, ”Then I realized that it didn’t make sense to leave my whole life here and run with my tails between my legs. I would rather fight, even if I’m not good at it. Why do you think I’m even here? I came ready for a fight.” Her thumbs brushed along the edge of his jaw, gently though there was a fire in her gaze. He could crush her, turn her to dust, but she’d come tonight ready for anything, and now she sat there with him, finding it harder and harder to hold onto her anger as he started offering her private jets.

”Woah there, I like my truck, and I was going to drive…I don’t need a jet. You can’t just think I’ll stop being upset by offering me the use of things like that. I’ll be fine, besides, the family would ask questions.” She let him get up and go to the kitchen as she talked. The whole night had been one of chaos…coming ready to fight, finding Lucy in his state, and now this whole fiasco with the pie and him. It was a bit of a comedy in a way as she looked at him now through her blurry vision as he wiped at her face. Most others would be waiting for her to be turned to ash, but she just laughed until her stomach hurt. Taking his phone she snapped a few photos, sniffling as she sent them off to Gabe with a simple message, I don’t need to be picked up tonight… before she set the phone aside.

”I’m only human, I can only punish someone so far, and personally I don’t like violence against another person, even the Devil himself.” She was trying hard not to smile at his joking about with the taste of the pie, ”Consider it a last taste. I won’t make any more for your standing order. I can forgive you, but I won’t forget.” She murmured.

The offer of a bath sounded divine, even in the heat outside she’d wanted nothing more than to wash everything away and feel fresh and new as she started to scoot off the couch to sit up. Her cane was too far away to reach, but she could walk on her own for the most part on good days. ”yes, a bath. I want to feel clean again, just wash this all away.” For a moment she looked at his offered hand, hesitating taking it before finally she wrapped her fingers around his, pulling herself up to stand near him, balancing against him,

Posted: Oct 6 2014, 12:37 AM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

[i]"-i guess i know the right people to make that happen…”

His rocking stilled for a moment mulling that sentence over in his mind. He had the same sick and sinking feeling in his stomach. "You can ask the world of me. Ask me anything, everything, but that. I cannot, will not ever deny you Heaven." he whispered. He let out a soft breath when she said 'error of my humanity.' "I just wish I could embrace it like you have, that even though you are weaker, you are not utterly helpless. I give you so little credit, I'm sorry."

Could Lucifer ever truly be happy? He wondered that often. Or was he eternally damned to suffer? It seemed like that was all he'd known in his existence, even before his fall. The loneliness from Michael's absence, and now he'd fallen for a human. He loved Violet. Truly loved her in a way he didn't think was even possible. But he was Satan, he was the Devil the epitome of evil and darkness. And no matter what the darkness that surrounded him would creep up on them. Was it foolish to even try? Or what Violet just end up hurt again or worse? If he truly loved her like he felt in his heart he did, should he let her go? Lucifer was selfish though, he wanted her, and no one else. Was it so horrid to want to love someone?

Listening to her, leaning into her touch as she thumbed along his jaw he held her gaze. He smiled softly. "My dear Violet, if you had been born an angel you'd rule Heaven." he breathed softly.

He straightened up a little. "Please Violet. I'm not offering it to try to get back onto your good graces. You shouldn't be driving for that long with your leg still the way it is. It's dangerous. If you haven't told them about our relationship you could. Harrison Rasmussen checks out, go on Google it. Or if not I can instruct the pilot to taxi next to a commercial flight so you'd leave out the same gate. No one would know you were on the private jet. Please Violet, for my sake?"

He nodded at that apple pie being the last. "I would never ask you to."

When she hesitated taking his hand, he felt a cold lump form in his stomach, but finally she took his hand. Despite the urge to just pick her up and carry her, he merely put his other arm round her waist to stabilize her. [b]"I think we both need to be washed free and clean in more ways then one." he said softly. Walking up to the bedroom and into the bathroom the mess on the living room floor could wait. Helping her sit down on the bed he went to get the water running. "Do you think apple pie filling makes a good facial?" he asked before coming back to her and dropping a knee before her. "May I help you undress?" he asked softly.

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Oct 6 2014, 09:32 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

Violet felt her breath catch at his oath to not deny her heaven. It was something she’d read in books before, the promise of things like the earth, the sky and the stars, the moon, but it was mostly metaphors and silly romanticism. To be promised Heaven by the Devil though, she knew that it only meant one thing and the young woman felt comforted that he would not do anything to compromise her, but at the same time she knew that meant something else…there would come a time they would be separated. ”I see you’re planning on keeping me an honest woman. Thank you.” She smiled, ducking her head against his shoulder, ”It’s okay, sometimes I forget it too.”

"my dear violet, if you had been born an angel you'd rule heaven."

She blinked a few times before she giggled, shaking her head, ”If I was born an angel we never would have met. I think I’m glad that I was born human. Besides, the work I do now sounds much more fun than ruling all of heaven.” Power, she’d never really desired it, she wanted to have her own freedom to make her own choices, but power over other people seemed so wrong to her.

”Luc---“ Vi wanted to protest against the plane, but she flushed as he brought up her state of healthy and her mentioning it to her family. He was right about her state, it was hard enough walking a few blocks, driving would be another thing all together, but her family….

She’d not thought about that part of it, telling her family she was with someone. What would they think of Harrison Rasmussen, she looked down at her lap as he insisted she take the jet before she heaved a sigh, ”Fine, I’ll take the jet…they will ask questions though, they always do, and a lot of them at that. I’m not quite sure how to explain you and what this is other than complicated at times. ‘Mom, Dad, I’m dating the king of hell’ doesn’t sound so good. Though they’ll probably just ask when the wedding will be and if you’re a good Christian man.” She smiled softly.

She held onto his hand tightly, standing up, leaning against his shoulder, one arm going around his shoulder as they walked to the bedroom. She sat back on the bed, brushing off bits of apple pie as she listened to the running water come from the next room. ”I wouldn’t know, never had one smashed into my face. It certainly makes you smell good.” Night had settled in already, everything now colored dimly by the twilight hour as she lay back on the bed she’d missed in the recent nights.

"may i help you undress?" Sitting up a little she blushed, squirming a bit as she splayed her fingers along the edges of her sundress before she gave a small nod before she looked back up at him in the bathroom doorway.

”You may, it’s not much work to do though.” Turning on the bed a little she lifted up her hair over her shoulders to let him at the zipper. Now the air conditioning was having an effect as she was no longer being cradled against the other’s warmth, the cold air raising goosebumps up along her arms and legs as she let him help her with her dress, slipping her arms out as the fabric loosened, ”So what have you been doing since that night at the bakery? I didn’t even know if I would find you here or not. I assume you’re busy with whatever it is your position requires of you.” Violet asked quietly, still holding the dress to her body as she turned to look back at Lucifer, taking in his state, still looking quite the mess.

Posted: Oct 7 2014, 01:49 AM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

He hated to think about Violet's mortality. He hated that within a few decades she'd be gone. And while he could be with her for eternity in Hell, how would that ever be fair to her? How could he ever be so selfish as to make her endure Hell for him? He'd do all he could to make sure she'd spend eternity in Heaven. Even if it meant he'd never see her again. Knowing she was free of pain and sadness, with her family it would be enough for him. He smiled softly, reaching up to brush away a few stray hairs. "The lake of fire isn't all it's cracked up to be you know. Hell is rather dull." he joked softly scrunching up his face.

He leaned back a little to get a better look at her his eyes narrow ever so slight. "No, I don't think we would have. But...you would be stunning with wings. More then likely tinged violet. You are right though, ruling heaven would leave absolutely not time for making pies or anything of the like. And world without your sweets, well that's not a world worth having now is it?"

He wasn't trying to win her over, he was genuinely concerned for her health, and he though that for once he was being completely reasonable about it. Driving was out of the question, and her having to go through security getting from terminal to terminal. There was no promise there would be electric carts to aid her across the airports. He wasn't going to have it, not when he had a perfectly good jet that could actually be used for good instead of carting swollen businessmen around. Listening to her he gave his own little sigh. "A great majority of what I told you was the truth merely altered to fit the alter ego of Harrison Rasmussen. Like I said on paper in the press on the internet it all checks out.You can tell your parents we're taking it slow and that I'm a christened Catholic man. I'll pray the rosary over a video call if I have to, to prove it. But like I said if you don't want them to know about us, I can coordinate it all so your flight arrives the same as a commercial flight."

Helping her into the bedroom and easing her onto the bed, he missed seeing her there upon his bed, missed hearing her voice, missed her presence, missed, any and everything about her. Returning he had an urge a need to help, wanting to undress her, wanting to take his time, savor being with her once more. He just smiled a little and shrugged. "I don't mind as long as you allow me to help."

Stepping up along side her he reached out, grasping the zipper of her dress and gently pulling it down. Listening he let out a breath, flexing his jaw gently before setting it. "There have been rumors floating around that I've grown cowardice, that I'm hiding in the shadows too afraid to do anything. In the lower ranks, and even those higher up, there are those that want to dethrone me. And until just very recently I've done nothing, but now I am sending a very loud and...bloody message to all I am still the ruler of Hell. That being said, that message isn't be carried out by my hand...not directly yet. I admit. I haven't left the penthouse since that day." he said lowering his eyes before pulling them back up. "My state of attire, appearance...I've felt...numb."

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Oct 7 2014, 03:51 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

”Dull…well you know between heaven and hell you make it all sound very dull for a war.” She gave him and incredulous look, ”I remember Mr. Rasmussen telling me how boring his job was, I hope you don’t actually use that line to get people to make a deal, or else you’re a terrible businessman.” She stroked his chin gently, remembering the stuffed-suit that had come in that first evening, smiling at the memory. It had been simpler then, but even that meeting had been a chance one, ”Violet wings for Violet the angel…well it would be quite the coincidence…but maybe we’d still have the earth to meet.” She murmured softly as she leaned in closer.” She’d never really asked too much about the war, she wasn’t sure if she wanted to know all the nitty-gritty, but surely just like Gabey had gone to find Gabe others sought out the fallen. Earth wasn’t so bad…she reminded herself to ask Gabe when she saw him next.

Violet felt a little overwhelmed as she sat there in his arms, talking about going home, of explaining Harrison Rasmussen…or any of this for that matter. ”Harrison…Lucifer…stop.” She grabbed his face, looking at him as she sighed, ”I left Georgia a long time ago knowing I couldn’t find level ground with my family. I can’t impress those people, I love them and they love me, but we don’t agree on much. I doubt they’d believe me bringing home a good Catholic man, so don’t worry. I doubt you’ll meet them ever…I know how you get about people sometimes.” The time they’d been together she knew that his love of humans was not a strong one, it was something that made it clear “normal” that was already so hard to define would be ever so blurred no matter how close they got.

”Besides, about half that family is children under the age of thirteen. They’d drive you crazy if the parents didn’t first. I’ll take the jet, don’t worry about doing anything clever for me. I’ll explain it somehow. Maybe I’ll say I hit it big.” She tapped his nose, giving in on this request of his, not wanting a fight since he was fairly right on her state, ”I forgot how much you spoil me.”

It was easy enough for her to forget just who Harrison Rasmussen truly was. She only saw so much of him that was truly demonic, the flash of eyes, the strength, the way he could make the lights flicker with just flitting about from place to place. She straightened up a bit as she turned, worry creasing her brow, ”Is it my fault, did Beelz tell the others about me?” Vi paled a bit, looking down. Violence, bloodshed, she was happy that he was not doing it himself, but in that moment she knew what he was capable of, ”What if you left? Could you leave it? Hell, the throne…maybe you could be happy doing something else.” She doubted the question could be answered how she wanted it to be, it was a silly hope, but she still tried.

”Numb…well I guess we should change that now, shouldn’t we?” Reaching out she started to pull at his hoodie, letting her dress slip down to pool at her waist as she pressed in closer, ”We’ll start over together, and I can help you out of this. I sorta miss seeing the suits on you…though the stubble is sort of nice.” Violet teased as she touched his chin, his face still sticky from the pie as she chuckled, pulling back her fingers as she licked them.

NOTES: Pie flavored demon...her favorite kind
Posted: Oct 8 2014, 02:10 PM

Group Icon

I'm hearing what you say

"I can only speak for Hell. I haven't had a proper look at Heaven in eons so I can't speak for how dull or not dull it is. How knows what state it is in right now." he said with a shrug. He lifted his chin a little as she stroked it as he grinned a little. "No I don't. No in fact I must say the company is doing quite well for itself."

Perhaps if she'd been born an angel, and born eons ago. Perhaps...perhaps things would be very different. But, he wasn't the person who was now when he was in heaven. He was very, very different then. And even if Violet was an angel and born back then, who was to say he would have been attracted to her then.

He wasn't expecting her to just reach out and grab his face. It was quite effective at shutting him up and he stood stock still and dead silent. Listening to her, his shoulders sank a little. He didn't understand how a family wouldn't be happy to see their daughter in a relationship with a man who offered to fly her near halfway across the country? Was she ashamed of him? He didn't understand her reasoning, or their own. About people...she meant humans. He could never explain it, he doubted he ever could. How he felt so much concept for the human race, but cared, loved Violet so much. If she didn't want her family to know about them, about him, they wouldn't. His nose wrinkled when she tapped it and he offered a small smile. A compromise. Wasn' that was relationships were to a degree. Two people finding a middle ground they both agreed upon? "I missed spoiling you."

When she asked if she was the cause he shook his head. "No no no this goes back far before we even met. There was a battle not all that long ago. I was wounded, and temporarily captured." he said pulling the hoodie aside to show the scar. The ranks were thrown into chaos when word got out. It was actually Beelzebub who actually kept it all in order during my absence. He'd been hunting down those who wish to take me down ever since."[/b]

”what if you left? could you leave it? hell, the throne…maybe you could be happy doing something else.”

His gaze focused on her, his eyes instantly softening. He knew what she was trying to say and it twisted up his heart once more. Reaching up he cradled her cheek in the palm of his hand, delicately thumbing under her eye and over her lips. "I wish it were that simple Violet. Hell and its legions would be thrown in chaos who ever took the throne could choose to unleash hell upon the earth the very next day. And a throne or not it wouldn't save me from those that wish me dead. I started this eons ago and I must finish. But if i could..." he pressed his thumb to her lips.

The dress at her waist he gently reached around to undo the clasps of her bra, watching her tug at his hoodie. Gently removing her bra he folded it and placed it ont he bed. He grinned a little at her comment. "Go I should wear suits and forget to shave more often yes?" he said pulling down the zipper of his hoodie. He didn't have anything on underneath it as he let it slip off of his arms and onto the floor.

VIOLET GRACE KENNEDY
Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:53 PM

WANDERER - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

Violet was happy he didn’t fight her on the topic of her family and her relationship…she’d spoke of her family before, their faith, their expectations, the disappointments she’d caused. She had no intentions of trying to make herself someone she wasn’t so they wouldn’t be disappointed, but she really didn’t want to open herself up to any disagreement or disapproval even with her defiance…especially when it came to the man at her side. There was no telling what they would say despite her feelings for Lucifer as she sighed, heaven forbid they find out the truth about him, ”Thank you for being so understanding. Maybe one day…with Matty coming home I’m pretty sure anything I do won’t be notice among all the preparations. A soldier coming back is a big deal. Someone has to cook for all those people” She sighed, letting her hands drop away, ”I missed seeing you, even if it was just a few hours during work. I think I’m spoiled to the fact that I get access to you almost whenever I want.” The baker chuckled softly, it had been too long, even angry she found she had missed him.

The wound he revealed was a shock, eyes widening as she sat up a bit more, brows knitting together. Their nights together she’d run her fingers over the scar many times, but she’d never thought anything of it until now, ”what is this? I ran you through with a butcher’s knife and you never had a single mark.” Someone had done this to him, and she had a sinking feeling, a very permanent reminder that this was a war and there were people who wanted him dead. Dark eyes darkened further at Beelzebub’s name as she reached out to grab his hoodie, holding him as if she could keep him safe, ”You really do trust him with your life, don’t you?” She asked, it was hard not to be jealous. She doubted she could keep him all to herself as she turned her head into his touch, hand running down along his arm gently. To share him with a man whose bloodthirsty appetite seemed to know no limit, she didn’t like it, fingers curling in the fabric of his shirt as if he would suddenly vanish if she let go.

Pressing a kiss to his thumb she closed her eyes, nodding, ”It’s not simple. It can’t be simple…I understand as much as I can. It’s stupid to think it could all be over without bloodshed, family fighting family…” Nuzzling her face against his palm she just rested there, it was fantasy to think it could end all neat and tidy like a fairytale, that moments of happily ever after were just that…moments, ”I grew up around soldiers and people who fell in love with soldiers. I thought I wouldn’t put myself through that, but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants. I guess that doesn’t include a quiet little place outside of town though, shame about that really.”

He helped her out of more of her clothes, pulling back just a moment to get her arms loose from her own clothing. ”A hot bath does wonders for feeling numb, and general soreness as well.” Reaching up she helped with his hoodie, hands sliding down along bare arms, brushing over his chest, fingers tracing along the lines of mucles, ”Hmmm…business man meets mountain man, I’m sure that’s a dream a few people have. Some suave brute, just like on those romance novels.” She smirked, laughing, pressing in closer as she got up, hands steadying herself on his shoulders before she slid her arms around his neck, looking down at what was left of their clothes before her gaze swept back up to meet his, ”Care to help with the rest of this?”

NOTES: Pie flavored demon...her favorite kind
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0604 seconds · Archive

skin by avey and cody's a wizard of shine.