May 24, noon to May 27th, midnight.

Hey babes! The goal for this weekend's promo is a collective 30 points! As always, a regular length post contributes 1 point and rapid fires are .5. LET'S DO THIS. Supply 3 points for the promo and win 15 if we reach our goal by midnight on Tuesday!

"Santa, That son of a bitch owes me so many titty mags you have no idea." - Virgil Ashcroft

“I don’t want you to be sorry, Luke, I want you to fix it. Repeat after me, Luke. Double Double. Two Cream. Two. Sugars.” - Sawyer Cross

“That douche bag sex toy was going to double as a snack later, now I’m out dinner and a show.” - Fauve Kynan

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Niko, but you're on the highway to hell now - and buddy, mercy is about ten exits in the opposite direction.” - Rhali Freeman

"World War One I was really busy... Ancient Greece was a pretty busy time too, but that is all a little sketchy." - Jaxxon Kennedy

“Oh, I suppose you were expecting Graham. Sorry to disappoint. He's out to lunch right now, taking a little nap back there in the corner of our consciousness, so you get Cain instead.” - Cain Ashton

"What was your plan, charming? Slit my throat and leave me for dead. Or were you going to make it look like a suicide?" - Clarice Van Helsing

“I have this condition, y'know, when I drink too much, I black out and do stupid shit—maybe you've heard of it? It's called getting really freakin' smashed.” - Troy Thomas

"Well maybe I would if you let me have a bit of fun now and again. You know I don't like bad news. I get very....grumpy." - Caius Leventis

Thanks for cody's a wizard and kismet for the sidebar. SubDevo for the Peekaboo Side Tables! Skin by avey of shine, slider tabs by ring wang of codrops.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )
NEW POLL

C-C-Cherry Bomb, Taz/Tori
ANASTASIA DOMINIKIA MOTKOVA
Posted: Aug 24 2014, 07:38 PM

HELLSPAWN - PLAYED BY TORI
Group Icon

Group: ARCHDEMON
Member No.: 162

A small smirk tugged at one side of her lips. It was funny; how people didn’t realize how much information about themselves they gave away without realizing. From the way they carried themselves to the intonations on words and the phrasing they used – it was easier to form a damning picture then they’d think. “It’s not, no.” Taz agreed mildly. It was about as far from the goal of most hellspawn in general as you could get. It was perhaps more in line with the original goals of Lucifer and the archdemons who fell from heaven – that they meant to strike what they saw as chains around the wings of the archangels they believed superior to the humans and meant to rule them.

“My father is inconsequential.” Taz snapped, eyes blazing before she tamped down on the rage that broiled up. Uriel had not been a part of her life until now, and it would continue to stay that way despite both her parent’s best attempts for differing reasons. And this child had no right to comment on it or involve herself even with knowing.

The archdemoness was silent, turning the other woman’s words over in her mind. For someone as obviously sociable and effervescent as Chris was – there was a note of bitterness in her voice that spoke of just how intimate that knowledge of loneliness was to her. It was not of her own violation then, as Taz’s was. Chris had been kept apart from others her own age and others in general by someone else who held power over her – Taz was inclined to believe it was her father based on the casual way mentions of him worked themselves into Chris’s speech. Just as she was inclined to believe that the originator of the words the younger demon had spoken. It made her deathly curious to find out just who this demon’s father was, like a loose tooth she couldn’t help but wriggle. “I don’t.” She said finally. “I have little use for people who cannot be of use and cannot see the bigger picture like pieces on a chessboard that surrounds us – can no one see that this war is without end? Even if one side was to win there can never be peace and it will always spiral back regardless. There can be no darkness without light to cast the shadow; and there can be no light without the dark to show just how it shines.” She tapped her fingers along the rip of the cup. “There will always be both good and evil in men’s hearts – in angels and demon’s hearts as well – and regardless of what great powers clash one alone will never exist.”

She stroked one slim finger over the handle of the teacup methodically, tilting her head to meet Chris’s gaze levelly. “I want nothing more than my own independence and my own choices in life instead of those someone else has thrust upon me.” Taz said firmly.

The archdemon casually tracked the flailing hand movements with her eyes as she raised the tea to her lips again. “Yes.” She said simply, blandly. “I don’t trust anyone else to. You tell me that you enjoy handing over even a moment’s control of your life to someone else? To believe that they won’t fuck something up even if not intentionally but simply through sheer ineptitude or ignorance?” Her eyes widened slightly at Chris’s assertation that she could trust her. “Trust you? Hardly. I saved your life; not the other way around.” The waitress had returned to take their orders, disrupting the flow of conversation despite the satisfied grin still on Chris’s face.

Taz flushed at the compliment; unused to it considering the nature of her relationship with Vadriel.

NOTES: -rolls around-
CHARISSA MICHELE RASMUSSEN
Posted: Aug 25 2014, 06:43 PM

HELLSPAWN - PLAYED BY RAE
Group Icon

Member No.: 369

Chris had started in on her coffee, it really had little effect on her, but it tasted good at least as she rambled on at Taz, food, alcohol, coffee…it all was just something to do than something she needed. It kept her hands busy when she wasn’t talking as she shared her time with Taz. She didn’t want to seem as if she was clinging to the other, but the many questions and commentary spilling from her didn’t seem to be helping.

The archdemon was silenced momentarily as she other seemed to almost spit acid at the mention of her father. If there was more room to scoot back in the booth she would have, but really Chris only succeeded in feeling the curved cushion of fake leather press into her spine as she leaned back a little, ”Fine, fine…inconsequential then. If that’s what you say, that is what you say. Not looking for a fight over it.” Chris couldn’t really tell if she’d gotten her answer through that or just a very not-so-vague threat for her life if she kept going on that path. It at least confirmed for her that Taz was more interesting than just a violence seeking hellspawn, and while usually her pride would have stepped in and demanded answers, she wasn’t feeling much like a queen or leader in that moment as she waited on her food and made small talk with one of her father’s strategic planners.

Suddenly Chris was feeling a lot younger too, she’d prided herself on being her father’s daughter, raised with his wisdom, but the more Taz spoke on about the war being never-ending the less she felt like she actually knew about it. It was why she wanted her own archblade, to fight and protect her father, to maybe turn this war to their side, ”Wise words, but empty. No one would stop fighting, if Heaven did then Hell would overrun, if Hell stopped Heaven would make sure each and every one of us was dead. This war might be never-ending because to stop fighting might mean all our lives at this point. Heaven isn’t exactly merciful.” She thought about her father’s injury, how ruthless angels could be, almost as bad as Beelz in some manner as she shivered. She’d unrolled her silverware from its napkin earlier, the piece of paper being worried and shredded slowly as they spoke. Never-ending…it left a bitter taste in her mouth to think about it. ”Not saying I don’t agree that you can’t have one without the other, just…it’s very hard to get everyone to see.”

Chris watched her hands, gaze falling to follow the graceful fingers. It was hard to imagine that she’d just killed an angel with such little effort, ”You seem to have it already, independence…that’s really all you want? I mean, what comes with it that you want so much then, or what will come after once you have it?”

Taz had a great deal to say, and it made sense…it was no wonder why her father had worked with her, brilliant one she was indeed. Cheeks flushed though as her offer to be trusted was discarded, sinking a little in her seat as silence fell over them, giving her order to the waitress. She swirled her coffee in its cup, sighing as she glanced across at the other occasionally until the mortal was out of the way and out of hearing range, ”It’s not giving anyone control over you, it’s just…just a few moments where you aren’t trying to control everything that happens.” The younger archdemon argued softly.

”I’m not asking you to let me control your life, I’m just saying that we could have fun together if you wanted. We’ve got similar views of the world, we’re both alone….company, I’m asking you to be company in a way that isn’t just work or death.” Chris cringed, knowing she was messing up on trying to explain it, even as the other blushed over her previous comments she didn’t want to bring back up the dark gaze and fiery words from before, ”Look at it this way, I’m not going to try to mess up anyone’s life, I want to have fun and get out of this place every now and then that is a perpetual battle that I am unarmed in. You act like you could use a reason to smile more. Don’t trust me if that is what makes it easier, but why not come have fun? I won’t be offended if you ditch later. Might be good for both of us Taz.”

NOTES: c'moooooon
Posted: Aug 26 2014, 02:04 AM

Group Icon

Uriel might be her biological father and might have contributed his genetics – and likely was the source of that dratted corner of light that twined through her aura like an affectionate feline and made her the butt of many a joke from demons who’d then needed to be put in their place. Being the daughter of archangels – one who’d lost her wings to a trusted friend’s spite and another who had let her burn – had left Taz with a bitter taste in her mouth for all of them. Most of the archdemons as well; though she hid that distaste far better.

Taz smiled wolfishly. “That is what I said kid. The fighting never ends. Not while the shadow of evil lurks in even the purest being’s heart – or the veil of light tugs at the corner of the most corrupt. I’ve little patience for either side of this war. Just as they both have little understanding for me.” Her mouth snapped shut with an almost audible click; fire sparking her eyes as she tamped down on the frustration that had always caused, the bitterness at being misunderstood. Erik had been the only one who ever had – but most days she doubted if he cared how closely she tried to mimic is utterly and complete neutrality. The others disdained her ability for mercy and her callous disregard for life in turn. “Whether one side should win over the other; who’s to say? It would be a hollow victory at best that would hold for a scarce handful of years, if that.”

She steepled her fingers and rested her elbows on the table, studying Chris over the tips of them as she rested them against her lips. “They’ve wounded you personally.” She murmured, suddenly sure of her inference. “Or someone very dear to you.” Her father, perhaps. The napkin slowly formed a little pile of shreds in front of the younger demon. A lifetime spent hiding one’s true self away from others lent a certain air of understanding and ability to pierce that same veil – to recognize the same mechanisms she herself employed when in use by others.

“Choice.” Taz said, a little wistfully. “To decide my own fate instead of whatever one had been written for me.” The archangels; many of the archdemons even – they spoke of preordained courses laid out before them from even the moment they were created, and to Anastasia that felt like a noose slowly closing around her neck until she couldn’t breathe. It was that which she envied in the humans. Their free will.

The waitress’s heels clicked out of range, and Chris’s gaze shifted back towards Taz. “Control.” She said whimsically, leaning back against the stiff plastic-y leather. “Company. There is always someone in control Charissa. Whether you realize it or not. There is no true equal partnership in companionship or friendship or even simple chance encounters on the street. The balance of power is always tipped and weighted towards one individual over others. And I choose to be that individual.” She crossed her arms over her chest, eyes half lidded as she stared at Chris. “But I’ll consider it. America is rather boring.” One corner of her lips pulled up in distaste. “And you’ve caught my attention kid. I don’t trust you. But I think I like you.”

Posted: Aug 26 2014, 04:10 PM

Group Icon

Chris had grown up with the thought that one day she would rule the Earth that her father would free from Heaven, lead the humans and other supernaturals into a world of order that didn’t focus on the purity that the angels and their father seemed to love so much. The future Queen of Hell was suddenly slinking down in her seat now as Taz made it clear that neither side would be in power for long, ”Maybe if the right person came along to rule in a way that didn’t make others want to take over.” She defended lightly, ”Some of us might be able to find victory, perhaps not so scarce or hard to hold onto and it won’t be a cycle of constant rises and falls.” The archdemoness wanted to believe that her father could win. Lucifer was wise, clever, he was strong…surely there was a way?

Taz sounded just as wise as her dad, and she rather enjoyed it, hearing words that were not those of a crazed zealot or an enemy trying to sway her from her father’s side. The conversation was heated though, and for as disappointed as she was at the thought of losing this battle or saving her father she did enjoy the fact that she had the other talking to her, not yet shutting her out.

Chris shoved her napkin back into her lap, more of a scrap now as the bright eyed demon hit the nail on the head, ”I almost lost him once, he was captured, hurt…if he was gone I really wouldn’t know what to do. I would be all alone, and everything…all this progress would be lost.” A small keening noise resounded in the back of her throat, distressed at the thought as she wiped away the shreds of paper. It physically hurt to think about it, stomach twisting up in knots as she had half a thought to call him to check in that he was okay still.

”Sounds nice. No one has ever really proven to me that things are preordained, fated…but I like the idea of deciding for yourself.” She lingered on the thought, finishing off her coffee without any flourish before she shoved it out to the edge of the table again waiting to be filled. She hated to think ill about how she’d been raised, she loved her father, but choice was a hard thing to have when there were those that would really want you dead.

Chris pouted at the thought of control, shaking her head at the other’s commentary, ”No…no, no, no! You can’t honestly believe that in this moment you have more control over things than me? It’s just fucking pancakes, you can’t control this.” Hands swirled around in the air, gesturing from their booth to the rest of the diner, ”You can’t make the pancakes come out faster, you can’t make me not mix maple and blueberry syrup together, and I can’t make you sit here and eat with me while we talk. I refuse to believe that, no one is trying to control anyone else…it’s just pancakes!” She was nearly panting when she finished her little outburst, half kneeling over the table as she watched the slender arms cross and she met the gaze regarding her.

”Fine! Don’t trust me…I—“ The fight left her as the last part hit her, surprise ringing through her form as she looked around before looking back to Taz, ”You…you like me?” Sitting down in her seat she just stared at the woman, slightly baffled as if she’d lost where on the way from point A to B they’d made a turn and ended up at this. Settling back down she shot a look at the others in the diner staring at them, heads turning away quickly before she tugged on the sleeve of her jacket, voice going low, ”You mean it? For reals?”

Posted: Aug 26 2014, 11:00 PM

Group Icon

Taz snorted. “Don’t be naïve Chris.” She said arching an eyebrow as she glanced at the slowly sinking archdemoness. “No person can control what’s in men’s hearts. Doesn’t this war stand as proof of this? God is omnipotent and omniscient – and yet this war still rages. Heaven, Hell; they’re not different. They’re just two sides of the same coin. Halves of a whole and it means that one can’t exist without the other. You think Hell will win? Fine. Sure, maybe Lucifer and his boys can keep hold for a little while; but without the light there can be no dark. There will always be those who don’t like it and who would claw their way out of the darkness because they cannot bear it. Same as that darkness is always a festering hole in men’s hearts. Human nature is a dichotomy Chris.”

It bothered her, under got her skin that the father that had raised this child had clearly not let her form her own opinions on the world and instead fed her his own. And it only made her more determined to figure out just who that father was. Based on the way she spoke of victory, of “some of us” – it made Taz think that it was likely a member of the archdemon council and atop that an important one. She discarded Beezlebub out of hand as a candidate. There was a niggling sense still that there was a crucial piece that she was still missing.

The waitress returned with their orders, and the archdemon picked up her silverware, graceful fingers playing over the handles. The two women fell silent for a few moments. “Your father… it’s Lucifer isn’t it.” Taz said quietly. Had to be, when she’d mentioned capture. Everyone had known about it when Lucifer was captured and then when he’d returned. Anyone associated with the Hellspawn, even as tentatively as Taz was had been intimately aware of what had transpired, though the circumstances surrounding his return were murky – likely deliberately so.

She blinked in surprise at the surprising outburst of passion from the smaller woman. “Internal versus external locus of control.” She said in response. “I don’t care to control you or what you do. I just have a greater control over my own actions. If I was to walk out this door – you’d probably call out after me wouldn’t you? Probably follow and ask me to come back? If you walked out; I’d probably stay here, eating my pancakes. In that respect; I have more control over your actions than you do over mine. And I call that satisfaction.” Taz calmly put another piece of pancake in her mouth. “To you it’s just pancakes. To me, it’s all a chess game.”

The corner of her mouth turned up in a laugh.“No, for fakes.” She nearly snickered, accent thickening.

Posted: Aug 27 2014, 02:48 PM

Group Icon

Chris wanted to fight, she wanted to raise her voice and argue with Taz about the state of the world. She’d had countless tutors who had taught her of human history and literature, of the wars and empires of humans, and the longer she listened she felt the pang of guilt, she wasn’t naïve, or at least she’d never seen herself as naïve…maybe idealistic, but she was a leader and she believed in her father to bring in a new order that would solve the way the world workd. The state of the heart, it was hard to argue though, there was enough wisdom in her from her work to know, but it wasn’t enough to turn her against her father’s campaign…they could do something right for the work, for the Hellspawn. Though she spoke of stark neutrality Chris saw Taz as a fount of knowledge, whether she was in the war or not Chris wanted to keep her close for a great many reasons than just her thoughts, but she wondered if anything more than what happened tonight was even possible.

Of course there were other things to be concerned about when as she was brushing away the flecks of napkin, a few fluttering up into the air and falling off into her lap like a mini flurry as her head shot up at the question.

”What now? My father is who?” Biting the inside of her cheek she tried to keep her reaction undercover, heart skipping a few beats as survival instincts kicked in. She’d spent well over a century protecting her father, the connection that they had for the sake of his power. It was only recently that she’d become antsy to be let out in the open, to take her place at his side as her unseen cousin Andrew had with his father. Laughing she went about brushing the ruined napkin off her thighs, ”That is a very out there guess, but sadly, no…never met the dude. Do I look like Hellspawn royalty?” Her laughter persisted a little longer, dying slowly, there were no more napkins to demolish as she began to pick at the silver nail polish she wore, ”Besides, everyone knows he doesn’t have offspring…you’d know if he did. I mean like full on Lion King opening big deal, right? But I’m no Simba.”

She would have flushed if not for the practice she’d put into guarding her family secret, oddly for the archdemoness she wasn’t too fond of the lying to the other she’d just met, especially when trying to make some semblance of a friendship, or partnership, or whatever really. Taz wasn’t like Beelz, she wasn’t like the power hungry rabble that would tear each other apart to get ahead. She was glad when the food came, barely letting it be set on the table before she was already shoving a forkful of hash browns into her mouth to avoid saying anything more about the topic, the heat hardly bothering her as she reached over for the bottle of hotsauce on the table, dumping it over the eggs and potatoes unceremoniously before taking another large bite.

Chris growled softly around a bite of hash browns, having already made her stance clear on the idea of control. This time she did blush when the other made it clear she would follow…and she was right in the worse way possible as Chris considered trying to make some argument, but with a mouth full of food she doubted she could make sense as she hurried to chew it. ”Pancakes can’t be chess, I’m literally buying you food because you saved my butt and you’re kinda cool. That’s not checkmate, I mean, jeez…how have you ever made friends? You got to start somewhere.” She looked a little sad now as she spoke, shoving around the potatoes in the yellow pools of yolks, frustrated partially, though she was still a little excited at the thought that she’d at least come to get the other to like her.

”Nope, no take backs, you already said it. You know Taz, we could have some pretty fun times. No chess, just going out. No talks of war, no worries about parents. I mean doesn’t always have to be pancakes, bowling is pretty awesome, also…also…there are some really good plays out in the artier districts.” A friend…maybe not yet, but Chris was determined to make the other woman give in to it and prove that control wasn’t even a part of something like that. Turning her attention to her now refilled coffee she began to concoct the sugary potion once again, ”Things can be good ya know? I mean not as in angelic, but just good good. Not everything has to be a battle for control, but if that’s what will make you stop being so ‘rawr’ about it then fine, have control then, but it can be fun.”

Posted: Sep 4 2014, 01:14 AM

Group Icon

“Can’t pull that one over on me kid, I got your number.” The Russian archdemon said dryly. The more she thought about it, the more it made sense. Particularly the way the younger woman has spoken and some of the way her views on the war were framed. They struck Taz as very Lucifer-like in nature and it was only logical that he’d pass them on to a child of his own. It also made logical sense that their so called illustrious leader might have had a child and kept it a secret from the world; which would also explain Chris’s naivety and clearly sheltered upbringing. “Keep trying, I’m not buying what you’re selling Chris.” Taz drawled. “Far more likely Lucifer would’ve had offspring and didn’t tell anyone to raise it – her – himself. Who trusts the demon council? They’re a nest of vipers and backstabbers; and any dynasty that seeks domination must continue that in the case of the leader shall fall. And to who would Lucifer trust his kingdom if he was killed? Beezlebub? No; he’s much to smart for that. Better to have his own child and raise it and make sure it held the beliefs he wanted to and to shape a virgin young mind in exactly the mold he chose to.” She mused.

She smiled secretively. “I won’t tell.” No, it’d be a tidbit that Taz would play close to the chest. Because nothing Chris could say at this point would convince her that she wasn’t the devil’s spawn. It was the missing puzzle piece that the Russian had been worrying like a loose tooth, and it made all of the rest of the pieces slot perfectly into place. Taz’s lips twitched in amusement at the worry that rolled across Chris like a wave. She was practiced enough to keep it off her face – but her body language was another story.

The food was a distraction from the conversation, and she delicately sliced and bit into her chocolate chip pancakes in silence for a few moments. The chocolate was sweet on her tongue, and a frown flitted across the brunette’s face. Learning the source of that particular quirk had been annoying, the same as realizing that so much of her personality and now even her damn sweet tooth came from a father she’d never know and didn’t want to know. Someone who’d done so much wrong to her mother and cost her – and by extension Taz herself – so much. The archdemon attacked her pancakes with a little more ferocity, scowling.

She paused with the fork halfway to her mouth at Chris’s comment, a laugh rolling out of her. “Just accept you’re not going to change my mind Chrissy.” She said dryly. Her back stiffened and her eyes narrowed however, at the reminder of just how few acquaintances even she had. Business partners, associates, mobsters that called her boss – but friends? She couldn’t remember a single one across the expanse of her lengthy life, and it had always been a sore subject that she was loathe to let Chris put her finger squarely on the open wound. “What, some fun times with the girl who can’t make friends?” She said coolly, eyes flashing.

NOTES: oops, hit a sore spot
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 12:44 PM

Group Icon

No one had ever actually guessed who her father was, then again Chris has never really spent a lot of time around anyone who might care about that information so she had thought for the most part that she was safe. Who in their right mind would accuse another arch of being the child of Lucifer and heir to Hell? It was always a power game, a struggle, and all she felt as she sat across from the other was a cold dread as the Russian wouldn’t accept the denial. Teeth gritted, jaw aching with the amount of tension as the first few bites sat on her tongue, salty and a tad bit bitter now.

”I’m not!” The occasional sneaking out had never accumulated into any real trouble before, just a bit of fun…that was all this was supposed to be and in that moment Chris could almost see all her father’s hard work unraveling at the very logical and sound explanation. Each point made the tension curl tighter as cheeks went a dark crimson, anger and fear curling off of her aura as she stared at the other, fingers tightening around her silverware. Chris had no weapons, she couldn’t fight her, not against an archblade, the best she could do would be to slow her down if it came to it. What would a woman like Taz need of a child of Lucifer? A neutral stance did little fighting, but to take a position of power still had to be tempting.

Her mind raced a thousand miles a minute before the smile curled onto Taz’ face, tension slipping just a bit as Chris pulled back suspiciously, ”What…y-you won’t?” Food grew cold on the plate, the smiles and jokes were gone now as the young archdemon stared at her companion, ”Why not? You’ve got it all figured out, surely either one of your parents could benefit from the knowledge…power makes it easier to stay out of things, to keep your hands clean, an unarmed archdemon can be an easy target..” A boot slid across tile to the edge of her seat, as if bracing herself to run or to fight though either seemed like an option that would end badly. Taz confused her, someone so in need of control and yet now promising to keep a secret for her, ”I mean if someone is going to take me out at least it’s not someone who wants Beezlebub in control. Don’t want to die for that maniac.”

Chris wasn’t very hungry for the moment now as Taz went at her own stack of pancakes ferociously, a task that before she would have not missed a beat on commenting on, but now just sat quietly. Setting her things down she just watched the scowl on the other’s face develop, Taz was a curious one, brilliant, that much was for sure, but now she was more a mystery to Chris than the other way around. ”What did the pancakes ever do to you?” She finally joked softly, settling back in her seat, still uneasy about being found out though there was little she could do if it came down to Taz deciding to use it against her.

It was just like that stupid game of chess she talked about…

The laugh nearly had her moving out of the booth, startling her from her thoughts before she was told to give up. ”You know, you’d think someone as brilliant as you would be able to figure this stuff out. Not everything is a competition…or a fight for control.”

“what, some fun times with the girl who can’t make friends?”

It could have described either of them really as Chris visible bristled, though it looked more like a pout as she leaned forward, eyes darkening, ”I could order people to be my friends…I have the power, I can control them.” She stopped, pulling back just a bit, reeling in her aura as she sighed, ”This is why humans are easy, short lives…they go for having some company during it. Hell and Heaven are full of a bunch of people that just want something from you. Is it hard to imagine someone wanting your company that much Taz? Eternity is fucking lonely when you don’t have a single person around you can’t just let go with. Even you have to admit it, it would be nice to have someone not trying to play a game on you, or is this a conversation that I’m going to have more luck with my hash browns for understanding me?” Chris motioned to her plate, heaving a heavy sigh, searching Taz for some reaction. Thing had already become this complicated, wasn’t like it could get worse in that moment.

NOTES: Guh...feelings all over. They need hugs.
Posted: Sep 9 2014, 12:19 PM

Group Icon

Taz scoffed at Chris’s continued denials. Deny all she wanted; but there was no getting around the irrefutable conclusion she’d come to. One of the upsides of being coldly rational meant that it was far easier to put together all the little pieces that escaped others. There was real fear flickering around the edges of Chris’s aura, and it twisted her lips mildly into a slight scowl. The archdemon tamped down on her own aura and pulled it far more tightly into herself to prevent her own tendrils from being readable. “Why would I?” She shrugged artlessly. “What does it gain me?” Taz leaned forward onto her folded arms, staring directly into Chris’s eyes unflinchingly. “Power? Power’s boring. Too much work and too much effort and for what? It doesn’t make it any easier to stay apart; all it does it make you a target.” Her eyes flicked black for a moment, and her grin was feral.“And who’re you calling an easy target?”

The knife cut cleanly through the pancakes, neat and even squares despite her ferocious attack on them. Her gaze skimmed up for a beat, focusing on the younger demon’s face and her mouth twisted unhappily for a moment. “It’s a long story.” She sighed quietly. “I don’t… get along with my parents. It’s complicated.” Taz shrugged off that bit of truth revealed and wolfed down the rest of the plate to drain the rest of her tea.

Chris bristled at Taz’s words, and for a few beats the two women stared at each other with hackles raised like cats. “S’not really friendship. That’s not making friends.” Her words were soft, rather than bitingly harsh as she’d intended. It was funny, in a way. That type of control had always disgusted Taz. It was heavy handed and complete; and it took no skill or finesse compared to the subtle manipulations that words could bring. Which wasn’t to say she didn’t use it. All the time on her minions among the Bratva. But out of character for herself, the older archdemon bit back her words that wanted to snap out such thoughts at the younger. Chris’s aura hit her like a wave as she let it roll off her, but Taz remained unbowed by it.

“Yes. It is.” It slipped from her unbidden, a tiny note of broken disbelief in her voice. It was nearly impossible to imagine someone wanting her company that way. She’s spent her life surrounded by demons who didn’t accept her, angels who cast her out, and then humans who feared her and reviled her. Then those that saw her as their boss, or as an enemy, or as something else entirely. But never as a friend. Her own boyfriend didn’t even care for her company most days. Aggressively, she pushed the plate away and signaled with a hand for the waitress to bring her another cup of tea. “What do you want Charissa?” She said finally, voice flat as she pushed the weakness out of it. “What is it you want from me.”

-facepalming everywhere-
Posted: Sep 9 2014, 10:16 PM

Group Icon

Chris had been told many years ago and many times just what it meant if she was to come out into the open too soon and too loudly. A daughter of Lucifer, any child for that matter, could become a pawn. To be linked or have control over the heir to Hell…and the archdemoness across from her was shrugging as if all those years of hiding had no meaning to them. The young woman gave the other a skeptical look, not sure if she should even begin to try to trust the words, but as she watched the blackness take over that gaze she simply pulled back with a slight grimace. It was the face of someone who could very well take her life as easily as she had the pigeon who had chased after her, ”you’re the one who basically called me out for not having an archblade yet.” There were few options available in that moment, and chris was taking a chance in assuming trust was the right option.

”so the pancakes get the brunt of your fury. My father tends to like his sweets, only time he’s happy to deal with humans it seems, or at least one. Seems sad to take anger out on something delicious.” She forced a few bites down her throat, appetite coming back slowly now as tensions began to settle. Chris tucked her leg up under herself, leaning in on the table, limbs closer now to her form. It wasn’t something she liked, being outed, it felt like she was missing her armor. ”I have all the time in the world for long stories. I don’t have any real power now, just waiting.”

This time it was Chris’ turn for her eyes to go black for a moment, a curl of power slipping out in reflex , more like a snakes rattle than any real threat before Taz starting talking. Real friendship, it drew a snort from the dark haired girl, ”I’ve been hiding most of my life. I get humans or I get nothing, and even then their memories are altered later. You’re the first archdemon I’ve met that I’ve talked to longer than a few minutes. You’re the only one that figured me out. At this point I’m not sure what will happen because you do.” The pancakes were cold by the time she got to them, sweet and sticky as she chewed them slowly, stopping mid-bite at the other’s confession, ”Wait…you really think that? That no one would…” Trailing off she waited for the waitress to replenish the tea the other had. Once they were alone again she found herself pinned by the next question before she could finish her own.

”I like you.” There was little else to confess as she sat there, holding the other’s bright blue eyes. It was a simple answer, not many other things to ask for, ”I mean, c’mon, in terms of my knowledge of what you could possibly give me there is none so it’s not like I have any reason to use you. You know your stuff though, you saved me, and…and I like you. Simple as that. I don’t mean I want a follower, or a lackey, or-or some council member…I want someone who isn’t worried about power, who wants to have fun and not just follow orders. A friend wants to be by my side.”

Pushing aside what was left of her food reached out and grabbed the other’s wrist, ”Look, I don’t play this control game, you can, but really chess isn’t my thing so that is all yours. You’ve got nothing to lose, seriously, you’ve got the control with this, whaddya say?”

NOTES: demonic puppy charissa
Posted: Oct 6 2014, 10:19 PM

Group Icon

“Your dad’s got you too locked up kid.” Taz said with a snort. “Got you all twisted up in knots about anyone finding out, it sounds more like he’s just interested in keeping you sheltered and hidden away from the real world. Grooming you to take his place some day without letting you form your own opinions and your ideas about the world so all you know is what he teaches you.” Her tone was scathing, but pitying. The daughter of Asmodeus had a deep distaste for anyone who prevented the growth of knowledge and restricted the ability of choice. “Which only makes my point.” Taz pointed out. “I dunno exactly how old you are, but you should’ve gotten a blade decades ago. I was forty when I got mine.”

There was a bitter edge to the set of her mouth as her hand tightened on the knife and fork. The words she’d spoken were the only ones that Chris was going to get out of Taz on the subject of her family. It was a raw topic that was still new and uncomfortable on a variety of levels; and she didn’t trust the other archdemoness enough reveal what would basically amount to flaws in all of her family members. Flaws that could be exploited by Chris’s own father if he chose to; because part of that distrust was that she didn’t believe that Chris wouldn’t trundle off and reveal everything to Daddy.

a The edge of Taz’s lip curled up in amusement at the curl of power Chris let loose. If she thought it was going to intimidate the older archdemon she was sorely mistaken, and she found it more amusing than anything. Yeah, the younger had a great deal of power – it came both from being Lucifer’s daughter and being an archdemon in her own right – but it obviously raw power and untrained. Brute raw strength was well and good, but without finely tuned precision; it wasn’t much use. Taz found that she wanted to use her own iron ridged control to temper Chris’s wildfire and see what she could make. What glorious thing could be crafted from the raw parts there now.

She had a startling vision of what they could be together with Chris’s strength and determination pierced by the tang of Taz’s precision and focus.

Taz laughed hollowly. “My own boyfriend doesn’t even want to spend time with me, whyever should I really believe anyone else ever would? I’m a tool to be used, a boss to be obeyed, or a pawn to be moved in someone’s game.” She’d come to terms with it a long time ago. It was fine; she’d simply make herself into the best she could forever be.

She still didn’t trust that Chris didn’t have some kind of ulterior motive or hidden reason befriend the older archdemon; but it was hard to resist the somewhat beseeching look in her eyes. Taz’s eyes widened slightly and one eyebrow arched delicately as she glanced down at where Chris’s hand wrapped around her wrist, but she didn’t pull away this time. “Fine.” She said quietly, turning her hand to grasp Chris’s wrist in turn.

Posted: Oct 7 2014, 04:17 PM

Group Icon

”I’m not twisted up. I hear the stories…I know there are demons that think my father’s weak, who want the throne. He’s trying to keep me safe while he takes out his enemies from both Heaven and Hell. I know what some of the archdemons would do to me. I know the world, I go out in it. I form my own opinions. I’m out here now, aren’t I?” Chris argued weakly, shifting a bit in her seat feeling a bit uncomfortable with the pity she could hear laced through the voice of the other. No one pitied her, she was power, her family was strong, but there was a truth to those words that annoyed her made her snap at the archdemon. How dare anyone pity her, how dare Taz for pushing as she did, the ugly truth sitting like a stone in her gut. Gritting her teeth she began to ready another argument before Taz brought up her own age when she got her blade. Chris’ face turned a rather dark shade of red, anger deflating as she slumped into the booth now, fuming quietly, the black of her eyes fading back to the brilliant crystal blue though now they remained on the table top. ”Forty…” The Princess of Hell muttered to herself a few times, feeling stunned as if she had been slapped in the face. Two hundred and seventy some odd years she’d been on this earth, rubbing a hand over her face she sighed, ”I’m old enough.”

She wanted her weapon, she wanted to help her father. Being at the mercy of others, subject to this one’s pity only twisted up more inside of her. Pushing to the subject of Taz’ family she wasn’t surprised the severe line of her lips as she looked up, from the edges of her vision she could see the tension in those knuckles as they went white in their grip. Chris felt a little pleased she could at least rile the other up just a much. Even if she couldn’t make her shy back with her own flare of power, a few humans could feel it, the sudden oppressive air while being unaware of the two archdemons sitting so close. This diner could be leveled in moments, and for a short tick Chris thought about it, the chaos born within her wanting to break something in all her frustration with the woman before her.

”God you’re stubborn. I didn’t think you could be that and apathetic at the same time.” Chris shot back, licking her lips. Apathy, a cool head, Chris never really was one who enjoyed pure chaos, but the fine and delicate touch was still something that eluded the young archdemon. She was too antsy, whether it was the sugar or the now contained aura she wanted to do something, leg bouncing in her seat.

The laugh was startling, mainly because it didn’t sound like a good laugh at all. Boyfriend, Chris almost wanted to laugh at the thought of Taz being romantic based on having just met the woman, but then there was what came after that sparked a dangerous gleam in her eyes, ”That doesn’t sound like a very good boyfriend. Look, Taz, I wouldn’t invite you out for pancakes if I didn’t want to spend time with you. I didn’t even have to alter your memory to do it. I’m not looking for a boss or a pawn, I don’t play chess, I keep telling you that. I’m more of an Uno type of girl.” Chris tried to joke as she held the other’s wrist, thumb rubbing along the pulse slowly before the hand shifted under her own, a warmth wrapping around her wrist as she looked up.

”You’re not a tool Taz. Not to me you’re not at least. I don’t need your company. I want it…even if you are a bit rude and stubborn at times. I mean this sort of means you're my bestie by default. Promise it will be fun.”

NOTES: only friend = best friend
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0523 seconds · Archive

skin by avey and cody's a wizard of shine.