May 24, noon to May 27th, midnight.

Hey babes! The goal for this weekend's promo is a collective 30 points! As always, a regular length post contributes 1 point and rapid fires are .5. LET'S DO THIS. Supply 3 points for the promo and win 15 if we reach our goal by midnight on Tuesday!

"Santa, That son of a bitch owes me so many titty mags you have no idea." - Virgil Ashcroft

“I don’t want you to be sorry, Luke, I want you to fix it. Repeat after me, Luke. Double Double. Two Cream. Two. Sugars.” - Sawyer Cross

“That douche bag sex toy was going to double as a snack later, now I’m out dinner and a show.” - Fauve Kynan

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Niko, but you're on the highway to hell now - and buddy, mercy is about ten exits in the opposite direction.” - Rhali Freeman

"World War One I was really busy... Ancient Greece was a pretty busy time too, but that is all a little sketchy." - Jaxxon Kennedy

“Oh, I suppose you were expecting Graham. Sorry to disappoint. He's out to lunch right now, taking a little nap back there in the corner of our consciousness, so you get Cain instead.” - Cain Ashton

"What was your plan, charming? Slit my throat and leave me for dead. Or were you going to make it look like a suicide?" - Clarice Van Helsing

“I have this condition, y'know, when I drink too much, I black out and do stupid shit—maybe you've heard of it? It's called getting really freakin' smashed.” - Troy Thomas

"Well maybe I would if you let me have a bit of fun now and again. You know I don't like bad news. I get very....grumpy." - Caius Leventis

Thanks for cody's a wizard and kismet for the sidebar. SubDevo for the Peekaboo Side Tables! Skin by avey of shine, slider tabs by ring wang of codrops.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

NEW POLL

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY SOUL {RF}, RAMI! <3
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Jul 21 2014, 11:11 PM

ALLIANCE - PLAYED BY TORI
Group Icon

Group: FALLEN ARCHANGEL
Member No.: 337

so nothing's left unturned

The puppy pulled hard on his leash, threatening to topple over his master who wasn’t paying attention as absorbed by his cell phone as he was. “Bunyip!” He barked, and the dingo tipped his face up to stare at Gabriel with an expression of utter impudence and disregard for the commands the man tried to give him. “Violet is spoiling you.” He muttered under his breath, starting to walk again and the puppy happily tagging at his heels.

This thing between his brother and Violet needed to sort itself out one way or another soon. Gabriel was tired of being caught in the middle of it; though he couldn’t say how it should end. Lucifer not telling the human about Beezlebub wasn’t exactly in her best interest; but if she’d known about the other archdemon it would not likely have been either. He couldn’t even say if he wanted them to reconcile or to part ways forever; but this ambivalent and uncertain middle ground was liable to drive him up the wall.

Particularly considering that it had made Violet look all the closer at his own nonexistent love life with no plans to change thank you very much.

And that he found the archangel who’d found and healed him from a near-fatal stab wound attractive in her stubbornness and contrariness had nothing to do with anything in the least.

His gaze brightened though when he glanced at the time on his phone. The baker had told him that morning that if he showed up around noon that afternoon she’d be working on some new ideas she was hashing out for the shop, and he could be her taste test dummy. And pie was pie and any dessert was fine with the fallen with a sweet tooth; which meant inevitably he’d be there. “C’mon Bunyip.” The dingo pup barked and wagged his tail happily as Gabe leaned over to scoop him into his arms. “Yeah, you’re really fearsome aren’t you laddybuck.” He said dryly, and the puppy licked his face.

He disappeared from the streets of Sydney to reappear in the alleyway beside the bakery, putting the wriggling puppy back on the ground and making sure the leash was looped over his wrist. The pup was allowed in the bakery provided he was on a leash. The bells over the door jingled merrily as he pushed them open; scanning the room around him as was his habit for anyone both familiar or just simply suspicious. It was only slightly crowded today, the lunch rush having not quite arrived yet, and his eyes skimmed right over before snapping back in a double take.

Gabriel stopped dead in his tracks as his gaze landed back on a head of brunette hair that should most assuredly not be sitting in Violet’s bakery. Bunyip yelped at the unexpected pressure on his neck and stared woundedly at his master. Absentmindedly, the fallen archangel knelt to scratch the puppy behind his ears and quiet him before he barked.

Dingo satisfied; the Australian archangel turned to where Ramiel sat at one of the table near the window; watching him silently with those beautiful brown eyes. “What are you doing here?” He nearly squawked, before reining himself back in. “Are you following me?” Gabriel demanded.

Ugh. infuriating british angels D:
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Jul 22 2014, 12:07 AM

ALLIANCE - PLAYED BY KRISTEN
Group Icon

Group: ARCHANGEL
Member No.: 389

let's finish what we've started

When she’d left the fallen Prince of Angels in the Outback that day to return to Heaven and the meeting that she’d missed, Ramiel had not expected to ever hear from the man again, but she’d still kept hope – as she well should, given her position – that maybe, in a time of need, he would contact her and ask for her help. Until then, the brunette had returned to her life as she knew it, aside from one rather confrontational conversation with Gabrielle.

After all, how could Ramiel not question the other archangel? Gabriel and Gabrielle had been possibly the closest of them all in the original core of archangels, something that she was far from being. Ramiel had to know – whether or not either of them liked it – if Gabrielle had been aware that her brother was still alive, despite the fact that he was simply a cautionary tale to Ramiel’s generation. She didn’t particularly care how this would upset Gabriel, considering she was unlikely to see him again; she was certain, though, that he would be roaring mad if he knew what she was up to, judging from the one time she’d mentioned Gabrielle to him with the intent of dragging him to her for healing.

So imagine her surprise when her phone had buzzed with a text from the fallen archangel. Once Ramiel had struggled to open the bloody messaging center, she’d wrinkled her nose in slight confusion. An invitation to meet him around noon at a little bakery and café in Sepulchre, called A Little Slice of Heaven. The idea that he was inviting her anywhere quite perplexed them, as their interaction had really been far from amicable; he hadn’t wanted help, which Ramiel was going to provide him whether he liked it or not.

Still, she’d agreed to the proposed plan, though composing a message back had been almost as confusing as his random message in the first place. Ramiel hadn’t dared to tell any of the other archangels about the meeting, knowing full well that they would not approve; frankly, the brunette had been operating on her own – outside of council meetings – ever since she and Noah had approached the valkyries for an alliance. Besides, no need to worry the rest of them with what she was up to in her free time. Ramiel was more than capable of fending for herself if this meeting turned South.

So, a few minutes before noon, Ramiel had entered the shop, bustling with people – a number of whom were leaving. The archangel had never frequented many businesses in Sepulchre before, usually having different motives when she visited the most supernaturally populated city. Glancing at her watch – a far less technically daunting task than using her phone to fulfill the same purpose – she made her way past the people, taking up residence at a table next to the window in a chair facing the entrance. Ramiel propped her elbow on the table, resting her chin in it as she glanced down at the table, reflecting on the idea. Was she mad to have come here today at his request? Possibly. She bit her lip a little as she considered what a mess this could become.

The jingling of the bells, indicating the comings and goings of customers, didn’t raise her from her reverie, but the yip of a puppy caused the brunette’s head to snap up, only to lay eyes on the tattooed man she’d healed in the alley and inadvertently followed all the way to Australia. Before she could even process the sight, his words caused her to startle, brown eyes going wide in shock. ”What am I doing here?” she repeated, flabbergasted. ”You invited me to meet you here!” Quickly, she fumbled for her phone, attempting to pull it up to the infernal messaging center to remind him exactly of what he’d sent her. ”And don’t flatter yourself; I’d hardly have reason to follow you, even with your penchant for throwing yourself headfirst into danger,” the brunette tacked on with a dark glance up at him before trying to struggle with the phone again. ”Bloody useless thing,” she muttered at the piece of technology.

Blasted stubborn Australian archangels D:
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Jul 23 2014, 12:14 AM

Group Icon

Gabriel couldn’t believe he was seeing her again; especially not after how confrontational their last meeting had been. Although it had its bright spots and he knew deep down that she was only trying to help – his issues with his angelic brethren simply ran deep. Although the last time he had seen her; he had not been preparing to start a war with Heaven with Talon. There’d been a part of the beautiful brunette that had called to him though. Her fire and stubbornness were something of a reflection of his own, and there was only the pale hint of the resentment he felt towards the Council for her simply because she hadn’t been born on the day he fell.

“I invited… what, no!” He sputtered, fishing for his cell phone in his back pocket. With a quick flick of his thumbs, the fallen archangel went into his text messages and sure enough; there was a sent message to the number Ramiel had programmed into his phone when she’d stolen it in the outback. Sent the previous night; right around the time he’d picked Violet up from the shop to head back to Iceland for the evening, along with a reply from Ramiel. A time when he must have left his cell phone downstairs when disappearing for a shower.

He really needed to get her and Lucifer sorted out so she stopped meddling.

Gabriel huffed, turning towards the counter. “Violet!” He yelled, just in time to hear her laugh and wave cheekily at him as she pantomimed something at him and vanished into the kitchen. “You meddling little… I will take Quinn away from you, see that I don’t!” He called loudly after her. The handful of other patrons in the shop chuckled, and the new hire behind the counter hid a smile behind one hand.

He threw his body into the chair opposite Ramiel with a loud sigh, tipping his head back and closing his eyes as he sprawled in it. “I’m sorry. I didn’t text you, Violet did. She thinks she’s ‘helping’ but really it’s just meddling.” There was a tug on his wrist as the enterprising dingo puppy crawled along the ground on his stomach, reaching the end of his leash as he strained to nose at Ramiel’s miles long legs, tail starting a long slow sweep across the floor. “Bee c’mere. No licking.” Despondently the dingo came back to sit with a huff at his master’s side.

Gabe sighed, looking at her. “Look, let me get you something for at least, well I’d say coming down her but it’s not that great of an effort.” It was on the tip of his tongue to make a crack about council duties and burdens; but he’d had enough of bitterness for the moment. One side of his mouth turned up in a crooked smile. “and despite being a meddler violet is one hell of a baker.”

He... tried?
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Jul 23 2014, 05:13 PM

Group Icon

Ridiculous. That’s absolutely what this was. The idea that Gabriel had even contacted her about anything was, in her mind, nothing short of a miracle. But Ramiel had accepted it as he wanted help – or maybe a companion, how was she to know – and was willing to ask for it, even if she was an archangel, just like those who had thrown him out in the first place. But from his dramatic overreaction, the brunette could sense that things weren’t what they seemed in this moment, and probably weren’t what she had hoped for at all when she’d read the message.

Once he pulled his own phone out, Ramiel gratefully put hers away, appreciating that he was looking for the evidence himself. It had never crossed her mind what would happen if the words didn’t appear in his phone as well; she was simply pleased that she no longer had to struggle with the blasted phone of her own. She watched him, eyebrows raised as she awaited his response as to what his cellular device told him. But as he shouted behind the counter, the archangel jumped a little, eyes mirroring the plates food was being served on at his response to whatever was on his phone. Violet. The one he’d intended to give the sugar glider too, if she recalled correctly; Ramiel knew that she’d heard him say the name before, though she personally had never met the woman.

She watched intently as he sat violently across from her and gave a heavy sigh. What in the world was going on? Ramiel had a feeling this was a very earthly thing to happen, but it had been some time since the majority of her time was spent on earth – not since her childhood, in fact. She tilted her head a little as she listened to his words. And then a small smirk spread across her lips. Ramiel had heard of others stealing someone’s phone to contact someone maybe only once or twice, but it amused her nonetheless to think of someone taking the somewhat surly man’s phone away in an effort to ‘help’ him. ”What does she think she’s helping you with?” Ramiel asked, an amused grin playing on her face.

When he spoke under the table, she tilted her head far to the side to peer underneath, only to see the puppy he’d brought inside straining towards her. The look of amusement grew more, though softening a little; Ramiel could recall asking the archangel who’d taken care of her – her somewhat earthly father, for all intents and purposes – for a dog at one point in her younger years, thinking that having a pet would be a wonderful thing. Splitting time between heaven and earth would be difficult on a pup, he’d explained to her, and she’d agreed it best for any animal they might’ve adopted to go to a different family.

At first, Ramiel opened her mouth, prepared to say the polite thing – that it was quite all right, there was no need to get her anything – for he was right, it really wasn’t that much of an effort for her to come down. Practically a snap of the fingers, truthfully. But, for once, they weren’t at each other’s throats. And who was she to pass up someone who baked as well as he’d touted. ”It’s really not necessary,” she began, ”but how could I pass up trying something with such a glowing review?” And, with that, she gave him an actual, genuine smile – no amusement, no snark.

aw look - they had a cute moment
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Jul 30 2014, 02:26 AM

Group Icon

He really shouldn’t have been surprised. Violet had lightly teased him since the day he’d returned from the Outback complaining about Ramiel that he secretly liked her in the vein of some sort of human middle school crush; and she’d poked at him to tell him to get on with it because she needed to live vicariously through him. Gabe snorted. He wondered if it would’ve been like this; had he stayed in Heaven – if Gabrielle would’ve been the same type of little shit of a little sister. He honestly didn’t know.

Against his will, the fallen archangel flushed red. “She thinks I like you.” He muttered with an almost sulky air. It was clear from the way he sank lower in the chair and sprawled farther, crossing his arms over his chest. He could feel the laughter in her eyes as she looked at him, because hell who wouldn’t find such a situation funny? At least provided they weren’t on the receiving end. He was not amused by it.

He didn’t even like her. Or at least, he didn’t dislike her; but he also found her stubborn, maddening and a contradiction to practically everything he was. It wasn’t even the conflict between the places they’d adopted on Earth. It was the rough side of Gabriel against the posh side of Ramiel; his inherent wildness against her cultured poise. And yet somehow. Yet somehow he still found her drawing. It was frustrating.

He returned her smile with one of his own, the corners of his eyes crinkling into new lines that told how rare the expression was these days. “You really can’t.” The fallen archangel drawled, though his tone was devoid of any measure of belittling or anything other than wry amusement.

Gabriel levered himself out of the chair and stood, plain black teeshirt pulling tight across his chest as he did. Bunyip trotted obediently at his heels as he crossed the room to approach the counter, for once, and the fallen archangel scanned the contents of the case quickly. The woman behind the counter was already reaching for a piece of chocolate silk pie; knowing his as well as she did already which only spoke volumes about how much time he spent here. “And a piece of pecan pie too please.” He asked, tugging on the leash as the dingo started to attempt to stealthily lunge for a lost piece of cookie on the floor.

He figured it was as good a bet as any; and he knew that Violet made excellent pecan pie from her Georgia roots and it was a type many people liked. He took the two plates in hand with a soft thanks to the young woman, and brought them back to the table. “Here. I don’t know if you like pecan but.” He shrugged helplessly. “Violet makes it the best I’ve ever had?” Even though he tended to eat other types far more often; the baker had shoved almost variety of dessert she made at him at one point or another with the demand to try it.

he's really trying. look, blushing!
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Jul 31 2014, 12:24 PM

Group Icon

It was a strange turn of events, the way that Gabriel and Ramiel were – to some extent – getting along. Though she had hoped that something along those lines would be possible, as she hoped for a great many things, the brunette had honestly never expected that it would happen. Perhaps it was because they were unexpectedly thrown together at the hands of Violet, who certainly seemed to have a bit of a devious streak to the archangel. After all, stealing Gabriel’s phone, contacting Ramiel and arranging this meeting – though she wasn’t sure what pretense he’d been lured to the shop under – that screamed of devious scheming. But Violet had intended it for the greater good, so Ramiel could easily forgive it.

Still, as Gabriel grumbled about how Violet thought that he liked Ramiel, the brunette suppressed a smile, raising a hand to cover it. Humans were amusing, she concluded, the way they tried to help their friends and those that they loved to get to what they perceived as a happy ending. ”Is that so?” she murmured softly, trying to keep the amusement out of her voice, though nothing could hide the raise of her eyebrows, denoting her own curiosity about the topic.

Ramiel had never given much thought to it, but then again, she’d also not spent much time around humans since she was a child. Back then, showing affection for someone was never in the form of annoyance or pushing buttons, but was a very straightforward – if not reserved – affair. She felt like it was a similar line of courtship in heaven, when she had watched her fellow archangels pair off. Never before had she seen people express a distaste to show affection. But perhaps this was now a common thing, for Violet seemed to think that’s what it meant. Humans were quite strange creatures.

Still, there was a comfortable atmosphere in the shop, especially as Ramiel agreed to remain and try some of the human’s confections as Gabriel agreed with her statement that she couldn’t turn down such a glowing review. It even garnered a small chuckle from behind the genuine smile as he rose and crossed to the counter to retrieve whatever treat he deemed fit for her first trial. And shortly, he returned with two plates that he placed on the table. They certainly looked heavenly – both pieces of pie, a treat that she rarely ate. The brunette looked at him as he explained to her what he’d brought back. ”I’m sure that it’s wonderful,” Ramiel assured him with a small smile as she picked up a fork and dug it into the pie. Really, pie was a rarity for her, especially pecan; she couldn’t quite recall the last time she’d eaten it, if ever.

But once the morsel of pie touched her lips and tongue, she could feel the sweet flavors melting onto them. The shop was appropriately named; it absolutely was a little piece of heaven, right on the plate to be delivered to her mouth. ”This is amazing,” she murmured once she’d swallowed the bite, looking up at him as a bit of awe crept into her face. Ramiel was unsure of how anyone – human or otherwise – could create something so delicious.

ugh, this is sickly sweet cute
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Aug 3 2014, 01:35 PM

Group Icon

Gabriel turned away scowling grumpily. Damn baker and her meddling. He’d gotten by just fine on his own for so many thousand years; alone and lonely to be true but fine nonetheless – and Violet was the exception rather than the rule and she didn’t seem to understand that. Especially, the fallen archangel thought guiltily, with what was coming on the horizon.

It was even less fair than it had been to even consider the idea of a deeper attachment to anyone considering the civil war brewing that he and Talon were preparing to start – it was already bad enough that Violet would be left behind to worry and fret from a thing that he wasn’t sure he would return from. The others in his life who mattered – Lucifer, Beezlebub, Vadriel – they had long ago accepted their lot in life and the unpredictability of the way they chose to live it. Yes, Gabriel knew that the chances were exceedingly high that one day he would stand over his brother’s grave or they would stand over his; but it wasn’t a fact he dwelled on. And it was entirely different to consider when it was a romantic entanglement no matter how deeply the familial binds tied.

He knew himself. And he knew when the day came that when he fell in love – it would be the deep, soul binding kind that would ruin him for any other woman until the day he died whenever that might come; and that he wouldn’t settle for anything else in a partner. And to ask them to stand by as that severing might happen prematurely was the most wretched kind of thing to ask of someone you loved.

There was a measure of amusement in Ramiel’s voice at the admission and he resisted the urge to scowl at her. It didn’t entirely work and the skin around his eyes tightened into a modicum of a frown instead.

He dug a fork into his own slice of pie with relish; because despite having had more of this particular pie made at his friend’s hand than he could count it still tasted just as delicious as it had that first morning hungover off his ass. He watched Ramiel take a much more polite bite than her dining companion; concerned despite himself that she wouldn’t like it.

The fallen archangel was about to open his mouth to ask her something when he realized that as strange as Sepulchre was as a place; an angelic name still often stood out to garner looks and curiosity – both of which they’d already earned by virtue of the puppy now sprawled napping across his feet and the theatrics that had escaped him at his arrival (also as Violet was likely to interject – their ‘swoonworthy looks’ a point they still argued on) “Here, I go by Quinn.” Gabriel dropped his voice low, pitched only for the other archangel’s ears. “By what name do I call you among the humans?” He asked.

shut up rami no one likes you.
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Aug 7 2014, 03:14 PM

Group Icon

Much like the human baker who had taken habit of apparently meddling in the fallen archangel’s life, Ramiel was still blissfully unaware of the things that were to come. The worst she knew were the battles already being fought out in the open, the struggles of making decisions as a council about how to best lead their armies, the convincing of the valkyries to fight with them against the hellspawn. The fact that two fallen archangels were staging a coup was something that she was clueless about, and it was probably better that way as well, especially as she sat across the table from one of the two planning the takeover.

So the brunette simply took another bite of the heavenly, sweet, sugary dessert in front of her. Though most of the confections in her childhood had never been quite this sweet, it still brought memories back of living in London roughly four hundred years ago with the other archangel who’d served as her father figure. Desserts had not been commonplace, not like they were now in cultures all over the globe, but a very special occasion, like Christmas pudding or perhaps birthdays. Still, they had been a very special shared moment between the two; while desserts were nowhere near as important to most now days, the corners of her lips turned up a little as she could feel those old familiar childhood feelings creeping back in.

But the idea that their angelic names were not so commonplace in the human world had never once crossed Ramiel’s mind. She was hardly asked for a name when she would arrive places to volunteer, and so rarely did she speak to other archangels outside the confines of heaven. The brunette hardly processed anymore when humans called her by her other name, but it felt odd and strange when other archangels used it. At first, she was taken aback as Gabriel told her of his human name in hushed tones, almost forgetting that they were in a very public place where it would be improper for her to be called Ramiel, as it was a name that only the most devout of Christians would recognize, if even.

”Sydney,” she replied softly, the corners of her lips still turned up into a small smile. The name always felt different on her tongue, compared to her angelic name. How she’d received it, she’d always been curious, since Australia only came about during her lifetime and it was a rather odd name for her age. However, Quinn was one that Ramiel imagined had not been given to Gabriel early on. But, who knew? Their names were both odd, that was a given. "Why Quinn?" she murmured softly - almost under her breath - and absentmindedly, hardly realizing the words were spilling out.

i'm sorry this is shit
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Aug 9 2014, 12:38 PM

Group Icon

Things were only going to get worse before they got better; and everything was going to be thrown into the fire alongside him in the coming months. Gabriel hadn’t even earned his wings back despite being on the path to do so – but in all of history no angel had ever been given back their wings by God once they had been ripped away by archangel. And perhaps that was why Jazisiel had been sent all these years later after the rest of them; but it still felt an unlikely prospect. But the Prince of Angels was determined; and he knew he needed to save a home he had never really turned his back on despite what he had told himself over all those long intervening years spent on earth alone but for the small trio of siblings he still kept in contact with.

He had to wonder what the archangel of hope sitting across from him would say if she knew what plans he concocted with Talon and his team. If she, in her youth, had seen and recognized the problems that plagued Heaven and the war. Banishment without hope of redemption for angels without stripping of them of their wings for they had committed no crimes – an unwillingness to take a hard line and fight the war it needed to be fought to keep the Hellspawn from slowly gaining ground. No one could fail to look around and see the way the world darkened around them; it was especially obvious in Sepulchre and in other specific places; and how sin and evil slowly burned away the light.

The fallen archangel sighed, rolling his shoulders unconsciously as if feeling the phantom weight of his wings.

Gabe glanced up from his eating in surprise, unable to hide it at her name. Sydney – it was a funny coincidence to the land he loved so dearly; and the city in Australia was where he maintained an apartment in the country. Grumpily, he thought of the response Violet would give and her peals of laughter over the archangel in front of him sharing a name with a city he loved so dearly. The irony did not escape him. “Why Sydney?” He countered with, unable to think of a suitably witty response to her query about his own choice in human names. In truth Gabe didn’t know why he’d picked it other than it shared similar sounding syllables with some of the more common aboriginal words and it wasn’t an uncommon name in Australia.

“So you make London your home?” He finally asked, scrambling to find any kind of topic of conversation. She had been to his home with him, seen the way the red sand unfolded around them for miles while the creatures of the Outback preserved for life – he did have to wonder if she’d ever been to the city that shared her name. He himself had been to London many times; both while posing as a human such as during both of the World Wars as a soldier; and simply to walk the streets of the old city. “Or elsewhere in England?” Bunyip snuffled in his sleep, nosing to flop his muzzle across Gabriel’s feet, and he reached below to hand the puppy a bit of pie crust.

gabe you idiot. just kiss her already.
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 01:31 AM

Group Icon

Here Ramiel sat, so incredibly unaware of the things to come as she gently picked at the pie in front of her, least of all that she would be sitting right across from the instigator of said things. She was currently clueless as to what her younger friend Jazisiel was up to in helping Gabriel to earn his wings back. On top of all of that, it was something that she likely would’ve approved of. The brunette stood for hope – especially hope for the war between heaven and hell – and would take any aid that they could get their hands on, as evidenced by her willingness to work with the valkyries. Ramiel knew that they needed something – anything – to turn the tides in this war, though she knew not just what would make that change.

She had been born into a different age, one where those who had fallen had already done so long ago. It hadn’t necessarily been archangels she’d seen having their wings ripped from scapula, their grace separated from their soul, but it had hurt her nonetheless. It had made her curious, when younger, why it was that they preached redemption, but one wrong move – sometimes not even that grave, she felt – could result in one of their own being thrown out of heaven. Voicing such opinions were something she knew better than, but it still left the brunette to wonder.

Ramiel should have known, though, the minute she asked why he had chosen the name he had that she wouldn’t get a straight answer; when did she ever get a straight answer out of the former archangel? Still, she gave a light shrug, practically oblivious to his somewhat startled reaction, as he asked about her name. ”Wasn’t really chosen,” she murmured nonchalantly. ”The…man,” she paused a little, stopping herself before the word archangel slipped past her lips, ”who raised me chose to place us on earth as often as he could.” It still was strange to her to think that she shouldn’t speak so bluntly about their lives and what they were, not around the humans. But after so long in only the presence of other archangels as a child, it was hard to train it out of her language.

”London was where I grew up, yes,” Ramiel concurred with a small nod, quickly consuming another bite of pie before placing the fork on the place and lacing her fingers together, propping her chin on them. But Bournemouth is wonderful when I’m not quite feeling an urge to take on the city.” She shifted a little in her seat, her eyes covertly following the movement of his arm below the table to where the puppy lay at his feet, and she suppressed a smile. ”Do you often spend your time in the Outback or is there another area you call home?” she inquired, trying to keep any hint of disdain or teasing out of her voice at the mention of the dry, red land that he had inadvertently dragged her to.

They're excellent at dancing (around the point)
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Sep 7 2014, 01:36 PM

Group Icon

So many things had changed in the few handful of months of late. It wasn’t even the plan in action to essentially start a civil war in Heaven – it was so much more fundamental than that. It was something within Gabriel that he had thought irreparably broken. That no flicker of the man he’d been still remained in his heart, and that he had become exactly what he proclaimed himself to be – a weapon and nothing more. But Jazisiel, Violet – even Decker, had reawakened the Prince of Angels in his breast and fanned that role back to life until the yoke of responsibility rode easily on his shoulders once more and he could face how bitter and selfish he had been.

Still, it was a hard pill to swallow and he knew he had some ways to go before he was in any shape to earn back his wings. And Gabriel was man enough to admit he had his many flaws and sins that his eyes had finally been opened to that would have continued to pull him down in an inexorable slide towards the corruption he feared more than anything if it had been left unchecked.

He had to wonder how old Ramiel really was. She obviously wasn’t new to life in the strictest sense of the word; but she couldn’t be more than a handful of centuries old. Not if she was still blind to the way the council really worked – it had been that way even before his own fall and Gabriel couldn’t imagine much had changed since, not if Talon’s words were anything to go by – and still naïve enough to think that Heaven was functioning as it should. Although, he grudgingly admitted, part of that could simply be the determination that was easily able to be seen underwritten in her whole being that must go with her role as the Angel of Hope.

The prince of angels saw the way that her eyed tracked when he fed the dingo puppy, so when she glanced away he nudged Bunyip with his toe towards the woman. The puppy, happy to do what he thought might garner him a scratch behind the ears, wriggled to his feet and scooted under the table towards Ramiel to lick her thigh and rest his nose on her knee; his profile so very distinctively dingo though Gabriel wasn’t sure that she would recognize it considering her unfamiliarity with Australia.

Gabriel had spent some time in London; though primarily during the second world war. He’d spent the first part of the war with royal Australian air force detachment that had supported britian’s air forces; and as a result spent most of his leave time in the city. With fondness, he remembered the nurse he’d come to know during it and spend time with. Elizabeth had been a loving woman, and it was a bright spot in his memories of which much was consumed with pain. More of his time in London other than those stolen moments had been spent hunting shadows in the dark parts of the city. It was the only way he’d seen much of humanity’s great cities aside from his own Australia.

“I maintain an apartment in Sydney too.” He said evasively. In truth he kept the small cottage in the middle of nowhere in the Outback and an apartment in the nicer area of Sydney – but where he lived was the rolling mountains of Iceland with his brother. But that was a secret that not even Lucifer knew and Gabriel intended to keep it that way regardless of his new resolution to take on Heaven and reclaim his seat. And these days he spent most of his time in Sepulchre – splitting his time between the bakery and Talon’s team’s mechanic shop to plan. “I trust there’s nothing to disdain about that city.” He said dryly, one corner of his mouth twitching at the remembrance of her disdain for the Outback he loved.

gabe you idiot. just kiss her already.
SYDNEY BROOKE MARTIN
Posted: Sep 21 2014, 10:09 PM

Group Icon

What Ramiel would have given to know the things that Gabriel knew; to have her eyes opened to her own flaws and sins, to know Heaven as it truly was instead of the idealized image she’d been so long taught. After learning of his existence and that she’d been fed a brazen lie for four hundred years, the brunette yearned for honesty, the truth that would give the council and angels a layer of transparency to each other, rather than keeping secrets buried deep away from each other and causing rifts over the millennia. And yet, she hardly even knew that she wanted so desperately to know what the fallen archangel knew, for she was still kept under that veil of innocence and naivety towards the council.

After taking another small bite of the succulent pie before her, Ramiel felt a wet tongue lap at her thigh before the feeling of a warm, fuzzy head rested on her knees. Glancing under the table for a moment, she allowed one of her hands to disappear below the top, gently petting the top of the pup’s head and rubbing lightly at his ears. She tried to fight the smile that wanted to spread across her lips at the little animal companion beneath the table, in case the puppy had acted of its own accord and not that of it’s owner. Still, it warmed her heat a little, as simple as it was; animals had always appealed to her, even in childhood, and especially those of the canine persuasion. They always had such hope, faith, and loyalty in those who cared for them – the kind of hope that the archangel liked to see in the world, with pure trust and love. It broke her heart when sweet creatures like this were mistreated, but Gabriel’s pet seemed rather well adjusted and beloved, judging from the pie crust he was begrudged.

Ramiel gave a small nod in response to his answer, her hand still gently working away at the puppy’s ear absentmindedly as she used the free hand to retrieve another piece of pie. Honestly, how had she never tasted anything like this? Perhaps she simply didn’t spend enough time on earth to become acquainted with its cuisine as of late, something she now considered a travesty from the sweet tastes that blossomed over her taste buds. And yet it was so easy for him to elicit a small, momentary scowl as he dryly commented about Sydney and how there should be nothing to dislike about it. Apparently he wasn’t the kind to let go of her early voiced opinions about the Outback. She gave a light roll of the eyes. ”Not that I’m aware of,” she replied equally dryly. ”Just surprising, with your love of the Outback, is all. I would have expected you spent most of your time out there.” The words were said lightly, so as not to offend him, but merely to be honest – that thing she craved so much at this time. ”And you enjoy it there, in Sydney?” she asked, trying to allow conversation to carry them away from his comment.

yeah, no kidding!
QUINN COX HANSEN
Posted: Oct 6 2014, 10:06 PM

Group Icon

There was an expression flickering in Ramiel’s eyes that Gabriel couldn’t decipher – in some ways it looked almost like longing; but that couldn’t be right. What ever could the angel of hope possibly long for from this conversation and this interaction? He still couldn’t believe that she’d come here of her own violation and will to spend time with him. Was it curiosity, for an angel long lost his wings but still struggling to keep himself free of corruption? Was it pity, an emotion he loathed beyond all others? Rebellion, for surely unless more had changed than he’d ever previously believed about his former home and siblings the rest of the council probably didn’t treat her fully as one of them and kept their secrets – they’d done that back even before things had fallen apart when Lucifer rebelled.

“His name’s Bunyip.” Gabriel said with a crooked smile of affection for his pet. The dingo pup woofed lightly in response to his name, tail sweeping back and forth across the floor. “Spoiled thing.” He muttered under his breath with a half glare shot in the general direction of the kitchen. He was supposed to be a fiercesome guard dog, which was apparently a lesson the puppy had yet to master. The puppy’s ears pricked forward and his mouth fell open in a happy pant, nearly smiling at his master. The fallen archangel’s eyes softened in fondness. To be fair to it however Gabriel wasn’t as strict as he probably should be and gave in more often than he meant to to pleading brown eyes. But then, he’d always had a soft spot for animals even as he’d spurned the company of others of his own kind. Their love at least was unconditional, unlike familial as he’d learned the hard way.

His face was unreadable as he contemplated the remark. It struck him again just how little Ramiel knew of him, and Gabe wasn’t sure if that made him sad or satisfied anymore. Spend all his time in the Outback? Yes, it was his home nearly as much as Heaven was – but staying there meant that there was no enemies to fight, no one to protect, and no way to be useful. A few centuries alone with the indigenous people who’d adopted him as their own when he first fell had been the most extended period of time the red dust had caked his boots; though he occasionally spent a year or two at a clip there. Time had very long ago lost any and all meaning to the great archangel, not when he had lived a hundred thousand lifetimes and without intervention would live a hundred thousand more.

“It’s my home. They both are.” He finally settled on. And it was true. In his heart Heaven would always remain his true home, but these days… these days Oz felt closer to it even as he strove to reclaim his wings.

shit happens
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options
NEW POLL

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0518 seconds · Archive

skin by avey and cody's a wizard of shine.