zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Will & Grace SPAIN Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Living Proof, Nueva película
Grace
Posted: May 2 2008, 11:07 PM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Group: Administrador
Member No.: 3

Renee Zellweger is Living Proof

Renee Zellweger is re-teaming with her Chicago producers to executive produce an original movie for Lifetime that will raise awareness for breast cancer issues, reports Reuters.

Living Proof tells the true story of Denny Slamon (Harry Connick Jr.), a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his relentless battle to keep the drug trials afloat and save the lives of thousands of women.

“The whole goal of this movie is to bring even greater awareness to the problem that women face with breast cancer and to create this very high-profile event,” said Neil Meron, executive producer.

Living Proof is set to air in October as the “programming centerpiece” of Lifetime’s 14th annual public awareness campaign “Stop Breast Cancer for Life.”
Grace
Posted: May 17 2008, 11:50 PM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Harry to Appear in Lifetime Movie Living Proof

Renee Zellweger is reteaming with her "Chicago" producers to executive produce an original movie for Lifetime.

"Living Proof" tells the true story of Denny Slamon (Harry Connick Jr.), a UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2, and his relentless battle to keep the drug trials afloat and save the lives of thousands of women.

It's based on a book by NBC medical correspondent Robert Bazell.

Zellweger, who co-stars with Connick in the upcoming feature "Chilled in Miami," will partner on "Living Proof" with Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.

The duo said they approached her knowing her interest in raising awareness of breast cancer issues. Coincidentally, it turned out that Slamon, the doctor at the center of the story, treated Zellweger's close friend and publicist Nanci Ryder.

"She read the script and jumped on board immediately," Meron said.

Zellweger was shooting "Chilled in Miami" at the time and helped bring Connick on board.

"Living Proof," which will be shot in Connick's hometown of New Orleans, is set to air in October as the "programming centerpiece" of Lifetime's 14th annual public awareness campaign "Stop Breast Cancer for Life."

In another reunion of sorts, the TV movie is being directed by Dan Ireland, who filmed Zellweger in 1996's "The Whole Wide World."
Grace
Posted: May 31 2008, 01:03 AM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Harry to play Dr. Denny Slamon in Zellweger produced Living Proof

user posted image

Be on the lookout for Harry Connick, Jr. to hit the screens of Lifetime Television this October when he plays Dr. Denny Slamon, a real-life UCLA doctor who developed the breast cancer drug Herceptin 2 and continues to work tirelessly to save women's lives. Dr. Slamon struggled to gain recognition for the possible efficacy of Herceptin 2 but successfully fought through funding woes and red tape to make significant strides in breast cancer research. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Renee Zellweger will be executive producing the movie, and recruited Harry to play Dr. Slamon while they worked together on the set of "Chilled in Miami," a romantic comedy film currently in production. Dr. Slamon's treatments helped Zellweger's own friend and publicist in her battle against breast cancer.

"Living Proof" will be shot in Harry's hometown of New Orleans.
Grace
Posted: Oct 5 2008, 12:19 AM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Living Proof será estrenada en USA el próximo 18 de Octubre happy.gif y ya tiene web oficial happy.gif

Living Proof
Grace
Posted: Oct 8 2008, 10:44 PM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

An Interview with Harry Connick Jr., Star of the Lifetime Original Movie Living Proof

The actor-singer talks about his movie role in "Living Proof," the fight against breast cancer and his efforts to rebuild his beloved hometown of New Orleans.

user posted image

How did you approach playing Dr. Dennis Slamon, the doctor who helped develop the breast cancer drug Herceptin?

This is the first time that I've played a real person, and so I approached the role differently, probably with more reverence and respect than I've done for any other role. Dr. Slamon is still a big part of the cancer research community.

What did you learn by talking to Dr. Slamon firsthand?

He's incredibly driven and has a way of explaining his passion to you in a way that you can understand, but almost in a way that makes you feel like you could do it yourself. You walk away from a conversation with him saying, "That doesn't sound too complicated. I could do that," when clearly he's the only one who can.

What kind of sacrifices did Dr. Slamon make in order to do his research?

He missed a few birthdays, a few important events. And it really makes you wonder. I guess it's OK for him. The expression "You're not curing cancer ..." Well, he is looking for a cure, or at least a treatment or different way of thinking about it. It comes first in his life.

What was Lilly Tartikoff's involvement in Dr. Slamon's research?

Lilly Tartikoff's husband, Brandon Tartikoff, was his patient. She threw a [fund-raising] ball called the Fire and Ice Ball. When I read the book [about Dr. Slamon's work], "Her-2," in preparation for the movie, I came to the section about the Fire and Ice Ball, and listed among the performers was me. I didn't realize that I performed at the first ball. Things have come full circle now that I'm playing the doctor that I was performing for then.

What message do you hope others get from this movie?

That the most important step to curing cancer is getting money for the research. More money and awareness will be brought about by things like the movie that we're making. Hopefully, the money raised will go to people like Denny Slamon. Eventually, we want to shift from being a question of if to being a question of when this disease will be cured. They really are going to find a way to treat and cure it.

Another cause close to your heart is the movement to rebuild New Orleans, your hometown. What do you hope for this city?

I hope to see a lot more people back there. It's a question of time, really. I don't think people realize how vast the devastation was. Five years is not that much time to put the city back together, but I think in 10 years, it'll be back together.

Is it true you and fellow New Orleans musician Branford Marsalis visited your hometown right after Hurricane Katrina hit?

Yes, right after Hurricane Katrina, Branford and I went to the Astrodome to visit the evacuees. We wanted to do something to help our city, but didn't know what, given that we're musicians who don't know much about politics or social planning. We just knew something needed to be done.

What did you two end up doing to help?

We had the idea to build a school that would be a formal place where young people could go to learn about traditional New Orleans jazz music from older musicians. And that spiraled into an effort with Habitat for Humanity that became the Musicians Village. It's about 80 homes and a music center called the Ellis Marsalis Center for Music. That part is a performance space, a recording facility, a hangout spot and kind of a community center. We're very lucky that in under three years, we've built a whole new neighborhood that's 80 percent musicians.

Can you describe what you think of when you think of New Orleans?

New Orleans, to me, is the greatest city in the world. It has everything you want. It's got the best food. The people are the coolest people around. It's got unbelievable music. We have Mardi Gras, JazzFest, all kinds of festivals. Plus it has great Creole influence and Cajun influence. We have Bourbon Street. There's really no place like it on the planet.

And what do you think in terms of Katrina and New Orleans?

I think, in a sense, if you can look past the tragedy that accompanied Katrina, it was almost a blessing. The aftermath shed light on a lot of things that New Orleans had forgotten about. And now we're coming back, and it's going to be stronger than it ever was. That's a great thing. This is by far — and I've been to a lot of cities — my favorite town.

How did growing up in New Orleans influence your music?

My parents would take me to the French Quarter when I was five or six years old, and I'd sit in with the bands there. That was what I knew. I grew up around musicians. You can't get that out of you. That traditional music and New Orleans influence is inside of me. So it's had a profound influence on me as a musician.
Grace
Posted: Oct 12 2008, 12:03 AM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Harry ha escrito una canción para la peli happy.gif os la podeis descargar en iTunes happy.gif la recaudación irá a organizaciones benéficas de la lucha contra el cáncer de mama aplauso.gif aplauso.gif

Song for the Hopeful
Featuring Kim Burrell
Music & Lyrics by Harry Connick, Jr.
Arranged & Orchestrated by Harry Connick, Jr.
Published by Papa's-June Music, Inc. (BMI) © 2008

People with hope
have a special prayer,
a louder drum,
a brighter flare.
This is a song for the hopeful.
May God hear it sung.

People with faith
are the lucky kind.
They'll be the ones
with peace of mind.
This is a song for the faithful.
May God hear it sung.

There's a song for the doubtful.
There's a song for the lost.
There's a song for the desert
barren, but crossed.
But for those who are strong of spirit,
maybe they don't need to hear it.
But still, a song for them.
A simple song for them.

Nothing can shade
a seasoned soul.
It's all the loss
that makes it whole.
This is a song for the faithful.

May God hear it sung.
May God hear it sung.
May God hear it sung.
Grace
Posted: Jul 7 2009, 12:11 AM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Se esta considerando nominar a Living Proof en diversas categorías de los Emmys biggrin.gif mejor película para televisión,mejor actor en una miniserie o película para televisión (Harry Connick, Jr.) y mejor actriz secundaria en una miniserie o película para televisión (Tammy Blanchard,Amanda Bynes,Paula Cale,Jennifer Coolidge,Angie Harmon,Regina King,Swoosie Kurtz,Bernadette Peters y Trudie Styler) thumbup.gif
Grace
Posted: Aug 28 2009, 11:12 PM

Will & Grace Expert@
Group Icon

Living Proof no ha sido nominada en ninguna categoría de los Emmys llorar.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0268 seconds · Archive
Of Yesterday created by Valleri and Nicola of the IF Skin Zone. Modificado por Will & Grace Spain