welcome to Carnelian during the 1500s. the family in power is the durante family. while the country is experiencing the best economic status that it's had in years, war looms on the horizon. with such a selfish king. the king passes out note after note of new laws the require the kingdom to adhere to him. treason against the king or his laws result in immediate death-- that's if you get caught.

GRAND OPENING OCTOBER 13TH

Photobucket

A NEW YEAR IS UPON US

CARNELIAN IS STARTING THE NEW YEAR WITH THE KING'S WEDDING. WHAT ELSE DOES THE NEW YEAR HOLD..

Coming Soon

Sidebar by Brook (never look back.) of RCR, RPGU, & Blank Pages

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Thecourt. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

til i'm bleeding; open, jan 8th 1524
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 06:33 AM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

Group: Lady
Member No.: 42

There's no religion that could save me No matter how long my knees are on the floor So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin' To keep you by my side And keep you from walkin' out the door.
if i loose you baby
At the end of the wedding, she had as much as she could take. She pushed back the tears and cleared her throat. "I'm just going to get some fresh air and let you visit with your brother." She smiled to her husband, but she only pressed her lips together to hold back the tears in a half-hearted smile. With that, she walked slowly out of the chapel, and then once she was out of sight of any one else, she ran for the door. If she could, she would run forever. But, there was no way that she could run. Someone would find her, and she'd probably be tried for treason since the King had made the arrangements for her wedding. Her husband would bring a bad name to her family, and although she might not owe her sister anything, she could never take love out of her sister's life. Despite wanting to, her sister loved the King fully, she was sure of that. She was also sure the King would turn away Alexis if Andrietta did anything bad.

The tears started to fall from her eyes but she didn't care. She ran into the garden where no one was, sitting on a bench, she buried her face in her hands. How had everything gone worse? Why wouldn't her husband even look at her? He sat there at the wedding and said nothing to her. She shook her head in her hands. Soon there were a few footsteps but she didn't bother looking up. "Please leave me be." There was a sad yet pleading tone in her voice.

tag: ------    outfit: -----    notes: ------    template made by emily ( serendipity * )

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 04:28 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Lord
Member No.: 46

don't wanna fall another moment
here i am and i stand so tall just the way i'm supposed to be
but you're neither friend nor foe and i can't seem to let you go
Along with the rest of the guests, William got to his feet and applauded as the king descended the steps at the front of the church with his new queen. He was watching the two make their way down the aisle when he felt Andrietta's hand on his arm. Turning to face her he was a bit surprised to see the expression on her face as she turned and let herself out of the aisle. Looking at Henry, William apologized to his brother before turning and heading off after his wife. He didn't know what it was that was bothering her but he was going to find out.

By the time William got out of the chapel Andi was nowhere to be seen. Luckily somebody had seen what direction she'd gone in and he went in the same direction. After stopping to ask a few other people if they'd seen her, William eventually found himself out in the gardens. Sighing as he spotted his wife, William walked over to where she sat as he removed the clasp of his own cloak. Draping it over her shoulders, William pulled it around her body before he took a seat beside her and said: "And if I choose to stay here with you?"
everybody , wearing , notes
--------- into your gravity.
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 05:43 PM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

We wear our scarves just like a noose But not 'cause we want eternal sleep And though our parts are slightly used New ones are slave labor you can keep We're living in a den of thieves Rummaging for answers in the pages We're living in a den of thieves Rummaging for answers in the pages We're living in a den of thieves And it's contagious
they made a statue of us .
Despite shivering a bit, she felt that someone had placed a cloak around her. It was freezing out but who would do that for her. To her own shock, when she looked up, she found her husband. To anyone else that would be something that they might expect. She wiped a set of tears while looking at him. "Well then... you just might see a side of me that I can't hide. A side of me that only my sister has ever only seen once." She wiped her face again. God, she hated crying in front of other people. "I'm a good mess and I hate crying in front of people.."

"It's just... nevermind.... " She couldn't just blurt it out. It was hard enough for her to even talk about it. "You don't look at me like Eric looks at her. You don't kiss me. We just... exist. I've tried but I don't know what you want from me." Their marriage was one horrible misunderstanding or mess after another.

tag: ------    outfit: -----    notes: ------    template made by emily ( serendipity * )

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 11:17 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

William said nothing as Andrietta said that he would see a side of her that nobody but her sister had ever seen. He couldn't help smiling slightly when she said that she hated to cry in front of people and he completely understood her point of view on that. His own younger sister hated to cry in front of anybody as well and had even gone so far as to run in the opposite direction if any of her brothers tried to make a move towards her when she was crying. As William listened to Andrietta speak he had to admit he was a bit confused. Of course he didn't look at Andrietta like Eric looked at Katherine. The king had been afforded the luxury of choosing his own wife and getting the chance to get to know her before he even decided to ask her to be his wife. William had been given a notification with the name of his intended and then they'd met once before the wedding. William and Andrietta were still trying to get to know each other but with Andrietta being so closed off to him it was extremely hard to do that.

"Andrietta, Eric and Katherine have been afforded the luxury of getting to know each other before their wedding. We are still trying to get through that stage. I do not want to hoist all the blame on you since I'm sure I must have done something in the past to upset you and cause you to become so closed to me but I can't get to know you if you do not want to open up to me. I know very letting about you but I do want to learn." William said as he brushed his thumb lightly over Andrietta's cheek to wipe away her tears. Smiling slightly, William leaned forward and placed a light kiss on his wife's lips before pulling back slightly. Letting out a soft sigh he said: "As for the kisses, like I said, you've been rather closed off to me. It makes you seem distant and to me gives the impression that you'd rather I keep my distance from you then even attempt to get closer. I want to be closer to you Andrietta but you have to let me in if it's what you want as well."
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 01:41 PM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

We wear our scarves just like a noose But not 'cause we want eternal sleep And though our parts are slightly used New ones are slave labor you can keep We're living in a den of thieves Rummaging for answers in the pages We're living in a den of thieves Rummaging for answers in the pages We're living in a den of thieves And it's contagious
She furrowed her brow when he pointed it out to her that the King got to choose his wife. "But honestly, how well could he actually know her. Think about it. He knows the family she comes from and her status. They have spent a few times together but most of their time is in the public eyes. It's not love that I'm talking about, although I'm sure the Queen is a lovely woman, love will come to them later. He adores her and you don't have to be in love with someone to adore them or care for them but very well. You're right." She nodded. Again, she was wrong. She was really starting to hate that she was always wrong.

She took a deep breath. It might as well be her last if he didn't like what she had to say. Men were so fickle. "You did but that's not why I cower or am stiff when you touch me or why I don't try to seduce you. The first time we met you seemed to compare me to my sister for the whole conversation, like you were on her side but I am your wife.. you're suppose to be on my side. Take for a moment.. my situation. I was raped. Five men, much bigger than me, cornered me while my father watched." She closed her eyes and it was difficult for her to explain."They were dirty and they defiled every last crevice of my body. I screamed for help and no one helped me. So when you touch me... that's what I remember." Because she didn't have a choice then and she didn't have a choice now. Granted her husband was pleasing to the eyes, she still feared for her life because he didn't show her anything other than the diplomacy of it all.

She wiped her eyes, no longer crying. "Then try harder. Not everything is handed to you William, fight for something. Chase after it. You'd chase after a title if it weren't given to you. If there was a pretty woman you wanted in your bed, you'd chase her. So if you really wanted to get to know me... you'd chase me too but you haven't." Instead, he compared her to her sister. She shook her head. "Never mind, I give !" She tossed her hands into the air.

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 02:03 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Inwardly William cringed at the thought that he hadn't given Andrietta's rape more thought. If he had he may not have acted the way he did and he may have been a lot more understanding about her aversion to him touching her. He supposed he couldn't blame her for just laying there when he was on top of her and as he thought about it more he began to be upset with himself. What kind of husband was he if he didn't take into account everything that had happened to his wife in her past. He should have known that she was bothered by what had happened to her and as he was about to respond she flared up and attacked him with accusations of how he had never chased her but would chase any other woman to get her into his bed. Although his temper flared at that he had to admit that she was right. Had he met her as a servant and wanted to get her into his bed he would have wooed her and done everything he could have to seduce her. Instead she had essentially been handed to him on a silver platter and he had expected her to give him whatever it was he wanted.

"First off Andrietta I have never once compared you to your sister. Yes I defended your sister against you but that is for one reason and one reason only. I have never met your sister with the exception of a brief introduction at our wedding. Yes I am married to you but as we've established I barely even know you. I am not now nor will I ever be the kind of person to judge and condemn a person simply on the words of another. However if it will make you happy then I will not speak up on your sister's behalf to you again. If you choose to vent then I will listen but offer no opinions on the matter. In fact why don't we start fresh Andreitta? Forget everything that has happened between us up to this point. Allow me the chance to make amends for my past behavior and to make this marriage a more pleasurable experience for you." William said as he slowly rose to his feet before kneeling in front of Andrietta and taking her hands in his. Giving her hands a gentle squeeze, William looked up at his wife to see what she would say and to see if she was willing to start fresh with him.
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 02:28 PM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

She frowned. Andi didn't like to be put in the wrong and she felt as if she were with what he said, her cheeks became flushed with a pink tinge. "Well it seemed as if you were but fine." It was finding the right words that were hard for her. She knew how to treat someone that she was serving but when it came to someone that she was suppose to be married to, it was an entirely different way of thinking for her. She sighed. "I wasn't asking you to pass judgment but you weren't very supportive either. I would never ask you to pass judgment on someone like that. " What did she want then? She just wanted him to support her views at least in an extension of supporting her.

Andi looked down at him, not really sure if she knew how to start new. If you forgot everything that had been done, how would you make sure that there wasn't something better? "How do we do that exactly?" She questioned on him, kind of confused. No one in her life had ever actually offered that to her.

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 11 2012, 10:44 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I know it's impossible to completely forget everything that has happened between us but aside from our wedding I'd like to try. Give me a chance to prove to you that I can make you happy Andrietta." William said as he continued to look up at his wife. He gripped her hands gently in his as he waited to see what she would say. He knew that his request really didn't make a whole lot of sense and that most men would have just demanded that their wife do what they say but that wasn't him. William genuinely wanted his wife to be happy with him and if that meant that he had to try to start all over again then he would do just that.
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 08:05 AM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

She wasn't entirely sure how to take everything that he was saying to her. Andi nodded. "Alright. But I'll have you know I never really believed in second chances before.... before all of this." He had a rough road ahead of him making a believer out of her but she thought that it was worth a shot. "So um.. what do we do now?" She looked kind of confused and partly unsure of what they were to do now.

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 13 2012, 11:47 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

William smiled as he slowly rose to his feet while keeping his wife's hands in his. Pulling her slowly to her feet, William then placed his hands lightly on her waist as he pulled her in towards him. Placing a light and chaste kiss on her lips, William broke it then took a step back as he looked down at her and kept her close.

"I think now that we should return to the festivities and try to enjoy ourselves. This celebration is not only to celebrate our new queen but for ourselves it will be to celebrate a fresh start." Taking a step back, William released his hold on Andrietta's hips before holding out his hand towards his wife. The first step towards their new life would be if she actually accepted his hand and his offer to try and start things all over between them.
Duchess Andrietta Demont
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 05:32 AM

A woman scorn
Group Icon

While it wasn't much, that small tender touch that he gave her was more than he had ever really given her in their marriage. She pulled him back down by the front of his shirt and opened her mouth slightly for a kiss. It was the first time that she begged to have her skin so close to his. "It's a start." She nodded and stood to her feet. She took his hand with one of her hands and wiped any renascences of her tears.

"And tell anyone I cried and you saw it and I'll tell everyone you aren't good in bed." It was a lie, she'd never say something like that, but it was the only thing she could think of to say. "I think I should check on my sister too. Think we could do that?" She asked him softly. Despite all of the emotions that she was feeling she felt bad for her sister still.

Duke William Demont
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 05:32 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"You would never do that." William laughed as he shook his head and looked down at Andrietta as they made their way back to the castle. He knew that there were more then a few females who could vouch for his abilities in bed but if they were starting fresh he figured this would not be the time to bring something like that up. Instead he just looked down at her with a gleam in his eyes and said: "I could always turn it around on you and say you come to bed with your hair a mess and looking less then desirable so you are unable to motivate me into performing."

With a smile William leaned down and placed a light kiss on top of Andrietta's head. His words were said in jest but as Andrietta brought up her sister his smile faded slightly. If what she said was true and Alexis had become Eric's mistress then it was highly probable that Andrietta's younger sister had developed feelings for the king. It was also highly probable that watching Eric marry Katherine had been difficult for Alexis and at that moment William knew that despite the animosity that Andrietta might have towards her sister, deep down Andrietta did care about her.

"Of course. Do you think she'd be with everybody else in the Great Hall enjoying the food and music right now or do you think she'd be somewhere else?" William asked his wife as the two of them stepped into the castle and headed towards the music and laughter that floated out toward them.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6686 seconds | Archive
skinned by " THAT GIRL , / .tessa of CAUTION and RC&R.