Nov 23: iGoodbyeNov 10: iBust a ThiefDanwarpNick @ VimeoRulesHelp

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Sam & Freddie. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (55) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What's New Around Here?
Miss_Era
  Posted: Dec 24 2008, 02:04 PM

Fanatic 2YA Site Creators.
Group Icon

Group: SeddiePatrolAdmin
Member No.: 1

Just a thread to update you on all things new on this board.

If you've noticed, i've made a new banner for the festive season. I'm rusty, so pardon the ugly graphic making skills. But then again, that's no excuse is it? *grins*

I've also added new sections, and i'm hoping for suggestions on what content to be placed on the side bar. So, if you haev any ideas to spruce this place up, HOLLER.

In January, we'll also have our first ever ELECTION NIGHT! I'll open the floor for nominations of potential moderators and you guys will vote on who you think should be the mod(s) for this forum. As this place grows, we need monitoring. But not too much, cos' i want this place to be lax too. :)
pdyc29
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 02:31 PM

Couch Companion

Group: Serious Seddites
Member No.: 29

I like the festive benner Era! Your graphic skills are WAYYY better than mine. :P
Mizufae
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 03:08 PM

You Can't Get Respect if Your Back's Not Erect

Group: Vets
Member No.: 147

I think the festive banner is well made and cute, and I REALLY LOVE your new sig, era! It's fantastic. Your graphic skills are great, I don't know what you're talking about.

I was wondering if maybe there should be an area to discuss mature things like sex and slash and abuse and whatnot. I don't think it should be password protected, but maybe there should be a delineation between where it's super happy kid fun time and where you know you have the chance of running into a mature discussion about sexuality or abuse. In any fandom you get the folks who like to delve into the dark stuff and the more difficult topics, and I don't think it should whitewashed away OR made exclusive. Just, denoted. I know from reading your fanfic profile that slash squicks you, but I for one am nigh unsquickable and I'm willing to bet there are some other older members of this forum who would be okay with helping out to mod those areas of the forum.

Maybe that's totally not the direction you want to go in at all, in which case that's fine, but I wanted to put it out there.

You're totally awesome for being such an active admin.
Miss_Era
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 03:20 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizufae @ Dec 24 2008, 03:08 PM)
I was wondering if maybe there should be an area to discuss mature things like sex and slash and abuse and whatnot. I don't think it should be password protected, but maybe there should be a delineation between where it's super happy kid fun time and where you know you have the chance of running into a mature discussion about sexuality or abuse. In any fandom you get the folks who like to delve into the dark stuff and the more difficult topics, and I don't think it should whitewashed away OR made exclusive. Just, denoted. I know from reading your fanfic profile that slash squicks you, but I for one am nigh unsquickable and I'm willing to bet there are some other older members of this forum who would be okay with helping out to mod those areas of the forum.

That's a very good suggestion actually. :) I noticed that on this forum there's a higher percentage of older members compared to other forums that i frequent, and that it would be more comfortable discussing mature content if it was not hindered by the fact that there are young kids around too.

I'll create an additional category on this boards solely for discussions on those mature content. Though it will be related to iCarly, right?

Btw, gracias for the compliments. :P
Vesuvius
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 03:30 PM

Warrior Typist

Member No.: 162

Kind of agree with Mizufae.

Better to be safe than sorry if a member ends up putting something dark and maturer than what's intended in a topic things are gonna go bad quick.

You can have a specific section to keep this from happening and are able to give these members a chance to express themselves more fully. Of course there should be a moderator to control when someone has gone too far for example verbal sexual harrasment, verbal abuse, threats, spam, and just acting idiotic. Instant ban or warnings for punishment.

You don't have to do it if ya don't want to...It's a double edge sword it could be good for the site and at the same time can cause you a bit of trouble in the future. But then again need a place for the pervert in all of us and the emotional being waiting to be expressed. Sorry, if I overstepped any boundaries.

I don't mind helping if you need any.
Miss_Era
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 03:35 PM

Group Icon

Thanks for your kind offer Vesuvius. Maybe, once the section has been set up, we can gather all the "older" members and those who think they're comfortable with mature content and assign several people to supervise the area. Good ideas Mizu and Vesu!

Heheh...I have an idea what to call the new category. *winks*

Spencer's Bedroom.

:lol:
pdyc29
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 04:01 PM

Couch Companion

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (Miss_Era @ Dec 24 2008, 10:35 AM)
Thanks for your kind offer Vesuvius. Maybe, once the section has been set up, we can gather all the "older" members and those who think they're comfortable with mature content and assign several people to supervise the area. Good ideas Mizu and Vesu!

Spencer's Bedroom.

Spencer's Bedroom :lol: :laugh:

The mature section is a good idea :) I probably won't post in that area much though. :P
Mizufae
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 04:01 PM

You Can't Get Respect if Your Back's Not Erect

Member No.: 147

QUOTE (Miss_Era @ Dec 24 2008, 03:35 PM)

Spencer's Bedroom.

Oh god now I have to write smut about Sam and Freddie doin' it in Spencer's room. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. I told myself I wouldn't write smut about a kid's show and HERE I GO.

It's the best name ever.
Miss_Era
Posted: Dec 24 2008, 04:30 PM

Group Icon

Awesome. I don't mind reading mature Seddie. Infact I LOVE Seddie fics suited for adults.

Will create that forum now.
natnel56
Posted: Dec 25 2008, 01:48 PM

Puckett Proponent

Member No.: 21

spencers bedroom! *giggles*

i love reading mature fics as long as there written well and sometimes i like them to be older with mature stuff :D

and the christmas banner is so cute :skippy: <--- i love that thing...
Victory175
Posted: Dec 26 2008, 06:12 AM

Michelle <3

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (natnel56 @ Dec 25 2008, 01:48 PM)
spencers bedroom! *giggles*

I know! That just made my day :lol:
ycc1988
Posted: Dec 26 2008, 06:13 AM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

But what's a room without furniture? Someone post something there already.
Tiger101grr
Posted: Dec 26 2008, 07:19 AM

I'm Taylor.

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Miss_Era @ Dec 24 2008, 09:04 AM)
In January, we'll also have our first ever ELECTION NIGHT! I'll open the floor for nominations of potential moderators and you guys will vote on who you think should be the mod(s) for this forum.

you mean we can nominate people right now or you're gonna let us nominate people come January?
ycc1988
Posted: Dec 27 2008, 03:44 AM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

I have mod rights now? Wow. Scary, like wielding a sword and trying not to chop one's own head off.

And exactly how did me and acoldsky qualify as vets?

This post has been edited by ycc1988 on Dec 27 2008, 03:55 AM
Miss_Era
Posted: Dec 27 2008, 03:54 AM

Group Icon

Oh no no...hehe..we're going to have Mod Elections in January, but those with colors belong to a separate individual categories. But Mod rights will be granted to those elected. :)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Pages: (55) [1] 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Welcome!

If you're here, that means you must be a fan of Seddie, or at least curious about what the heck "Seddie" means. So, if you fall into either category, WELCOME!

Come in and talk about anything and everything Seddie, AKA Samantha "Sam" Puckett and Fredward "Freddie" Benson. The largest and most organized Seddie forum on the dotcom. Not dotnet. Dotnet is for losers. Join the rest of the Seddie fans and talk about anything and everything there is to Sam and Freddie.

About this site

Once upon a time...there was a lady named Era. She was a major sidekick shipper, and especially shipped Sam/Freddie, aka Seddie.

In early December 2008, TigerBeat Magazine printed spoilers for the episode "iKiss," inducing mayhem within the iCarly shipping community. Many non-iCarly forums had their "Other Ships" section overrun with rapid Seddie conversations.

In light of this, on December 13th, 2008, Bickering Sidekicks was born in order to give the squeeing a proper outlet. In one month, the board grew to over 400 members. It now has over 2000 members. Maybe you should join in?

About Seddie

If you're not sure who exactly this forum is about, here are the profiles of our two characters.

Sam Puckett
Played by
The ultimate at lockpicking, stealth, physical strength, getting detention, and beauty pageants.

Freddie Benson
Played by
iCarly's resident geek and once Sam's personal punching bag. Still kind of is.

The law

Click Here To Read The Full Rules!
  • Love Seddie. Or at least tolerate it. If not, there's always the exit button.
  • No spamming. Or I'll stick Sam on you.
  • Stay respectful; keep crudeness to an absolute minimum.
  • Put on a smile. The world is not coming to an end. :)

Fanstuff

Pimped Vid:
Wild Heart of the Young
By Karla Bonoff

by Yours truly

Pimped Fic:
Full Circle
By TheWrtrInMe
With three little words they ended it all. But fate had other plans.

Links

Share this site