Nov 23: iGoodbyeNov 10: iBust a ThiefDanwarpNick @ VimeoRulesHelp

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Sam & Freddie. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (27) « First ... 23 24 [25] 26 27  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

5x03 iOpen a Restaurant (#502), Jennette's favorite episode this season.
Archnemesis
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:38 AM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

Group: The MOD Crew
Member No.: 1,249

QUOTE (jennytree @ Apr 26 2012, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE (Archnemesis @ Apr 26 2012, 12:18 AM)
Also, the Moonlighting Effect IS a real phenomenon.

Some shippers only get real excited by the chase, and once the ship happens their enthusiasm wavers. Forgive me, but SarcasticLeaves seems to be one of these people.

I agree, but ordinarily those viewers that would leave after their ship happened would be a small fraction of the audience.

I've always agreed with this. I'm just trying to think of all factors that might influence ratings, even if they're small.
neko12
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:24 PM

Wrestling Rival

Group: Serious Seddites
Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE (Mike2101 @ Apr 26 2012, 03:32 AM)
Neko, your post was thoughtful, and I think you may be heading in the right direction.

And yet....

No show changes the characteristic look of its cast; at least, not without some sort of mention. Rachel's hair on Friends was practically a character of its own. Friends made fun of Joey and Chandler's inability to grow a mustache.

Even in Glee, I remember they shoe-horned a scene in last year (was it?) to explain a change in Quinn's hair, which went shorter. Also in Glee, Rachel Berry's look is consistent over the show's run.

So I'm not sure that the iCarly showrunner's insistence on the look of their cast is anything new.

But those shows do allow their actors to cut and color their hair. Sometimes the change happens because the actor had another project during hiatus and they cut or did whatever to their hair and sometimes they'll want to change it specifically for the show.

I guess my point is that even these type of changes between seasons hasn't been seen in the iCarly characters. The exception is Spencer and his short to long to short again hair that was explained in an episode. Other than that, you can look at the characters through the seasons, and other than naturally growing up and looking older (which can't be helped), they really haven't changed much.

On Friends I can look at Rachel and Monica's hair and say oh, this is season 2, season 5, etc. On iCarly, a casual viewer will certainly notice the difference between season 1 and season 5 but not necessarily between season 1 and 2 or season 4 and 5.

Lol, I don't know if I'm making sense. I'm just saying that I think the seasons of iCarly are sort of meant to blend together while mainstream network shows do give a timeline to their shows and allow for physical changes in the characters over the passage of time. Sometimes they'll purposely change some of the characters' hair to mark that 3 months of the summer has gone by since the last season finale and the season premiere even in the show universe. iCarly doesn't have this sort of timeline, the kids just seem to be in school the whole year round except for episodes when they can conveniently not be in school. That's why I said that this could be like a live action cartoon where the characters stay in high school through a billion seasons and moving from one season to the next doesn't mean the characters will move a year level in school. Whereas in adult shows, they keep the time moving forward.
Archnemesis
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:36 PM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

Group: The MOD Crew
Member No.: 1,249

Sam permanently lost her headbands at the end of season 2.

Does that count? :laugh: :P
MeepI'mHyper
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:37 PM

Fatcakes yeahhhh

Member No.: 2,267

I'm not trying to ignore your guy's conversations, but...

I was browsing Youtube for songs to listen to, and I cam across a song by Greenday called Redundant. A certain part of the lyrics struck me hard the moment I heard them:
Now I cannot speak, I've lost my voice.
I'm speechless and redundant.
'Cause I love you's not enough.
I'm lost for words.

I'm not a huge fan of the song, but the lyrics definitely fit what I'd imagine Sam's feeling in this episode. :huh:
kresskrista
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:20 PM

Finger Licking Friend

Member No.: 2,313

^ Never had heard the song at all, but from the portion of the lyrics you posted MeepI'mHyper, they really fit what Sam was felling in the episode.
errbear420
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:02 PM

Fredward Fanatic

Member No.: 3,058

QUOTE (Archnemesis @ Apr 26 2012, 08:36 PM)

Does that count? :laugh: :P

And she stopped dressing like a colorblind tomboy, hahaha
Mike2101
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:10 PM

Unrepentant Seddie-holic

Member No.: 2,506

QUOTE (errbear420 @ Apr 26 2012, 05:02 PM)
QUOTE (Archnemesis @ Apr 26 2012, 08:36 PM)

Does that count?  :laugh:  :P

And she stopped dressing like a colorblind tomboy, hahaha

And eventually gave up with the baggy tops, and let her wear clothes that revealed her curves.

Sam's wardrobe probably has changed the most of all the trio.

This post has been edited by Mike2101 on Apr 26 2012, 11:11 PM
camy99
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:58 AM

Professional Spazzer

Member No.: 242

Yeah besides freaking out over Freddie's PDD, I honestly couldn't help noticing how hot Sam/Jennette looked this epi. It was such a strange shift for her to have the same attitude, still considered "lower" than Carly, yet look very attractive. Idk if it's being done on purpose or Jennette's curves just can't be controlled lol.
kinasa
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:47 PM

Nug-Nug NewBie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,549

QUOTE (camy99 @ Apr 27 2012, 04:58 AM)
Idk if it's being done on purpose or Jennette's curves just can't be controlled lol.

That might have made me giggle. Honestly though, Jennette's almost twenty, they couldn't have made her wear those clothes much longer.
ycc1988
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:20 PM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

This conversation seems to have gone off on a tangent...
mama mojo
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:28 PM

Fredward Fanatic

Member No.: 3,005

OK I have watched the epi again and did anyone else notice that is seems like many of the characters acted like one of the others. I made it like a game to see if all the characters fit. For example,
Sam says "Shut up a sec." to Freddie. Isn't that something Gibby says all the time.
Freddie says "Wait a minute, will there be lasagna?" to Gibby, that is definitely a Sam thing.
Freddie's "crush"on Carly = Sam's crush on Spencer.
Carly and Spencer say "Why not." "She's so irritating." to Freddie about shooting his Mom. OK definitively a Sam thing to say. Does Carly even rip on Freddie's Mom?
Spencer talking about the camera flash security system...he goes on and on and I think that is like something Freddie would say.
When Carly mentions "You can't open a restaurant in the school basement." I think that is something Freddie would normally say.
When Freddie says "What,no." to Sam about the crush. I think that is something Carly would do. And then make the faces and stuff. Isn't that how she acted towards the Smart Guy.
Even this... Freddie agreeing with Sam and crushing on Carly vs. Freddie agreeing with Carly and crushing on Sam.
Gibby's Lemonade = Carly's Lemonade

Anymore ideas...

This post has been edited by mama mojo on Apr 28 2012, 08:43 PM
SeddieTheRealDeal
Posted: May 7 2012, 01:40 PM

SeddieTheRealDeal

Member No.: 2,624

QUOTE (mama mojo @ Apr 28 2012, 08:28 PM)
OK I have watched the epi again and did anyone else notice that is seems like many of the characters acted like one of the others. I made it like a game to see if all the characters fit. For example,
Sam says "Shut up a sec." to Freddie. Isn't that something Gibby says all the time.
Freddie says "Wait a minute, will there be lasagna?" to Gibby, that is definitely a Sam thing.
Carly and Spencer say "Why not." "She's so irritating." to Freddie about shooting his Mom. OK definitively a Sam thing to say. Does Carly even rip on Freddie's Mom?
Spencer talking about the camera flash security system...he goes on and on and I think that is like something Freddie would say.
When Carly mentions "You can't open a restaurant in the school basement." I think that is something Freddie would normally say.
When Freddie says "What,no." to Sam about the crush. I think that is something Carly would do. And then make the faces and stuff. Isn't that how she acted towards the Smart Guy.
Even this... Freddie agreeing with Sam and crushing on Carly vs. Freddie agreeing with Carly and crushing on Sam.
Gibby's Lemonade = Carly's Lemonade

Anymore ideas...

That is a brilliant observation! I see what you mean. Wow! That's almost freaky how perfectly right that is. I think you're onto something there.
thosebrightneonlights
Posted: May 7 2012, 02:04 PM

Muddy Mates

Member No.: 2,658

Ohh that is ironic mama mojo.

Especially this...

I saw a photoset on tumblr that I'd never seen before and, talk about an ironic parallel.

(Posted Image)(Posted Image)
SeddieTheRealDeal
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:23 PM

SeddieTheRealDeal

QUOTE (lkmhoyt @ Apr 24 2012, 02:15 AM)
QUOTE (thosebrightneonlights @ Apr 24 2012, 01:21 AM)

I've been thinking about Freddie's line too. The whole, "is it too late" was really interesting because he's acknowledging what happened with him and Sam w/o saying it.

The line sort of sounds to me like he's...finally realized things are really over with Sam, that there's nothing he can do about it, and that she's moved on so maybe he can do the same. Maybe he can just restart and try to forget about the craziness  of dating Sam and just go back to how things were before...w/ Carly, a relationship that was, in comparisson to the one with Sam, really simple. It's almost like he's asking to start over, because he's pretty much lost Sam...or so he thinks.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense at all, but it makes sense in my head.  :laugh:

That's how I'm beginning to see it, and I actually don't mind much. I think I'd like to see them date/show interest in someone else, if only just for a bit. I think it would lead to lots of character development, and eventual Seddie. It's almost as if Freddie is thinking, "well, what are my possoble dating options now?" and his "is it too late for you to love me" just slips out.

I feel like this could be a mini-arc for Freddie. I don't think it would be as blatant as the Seddie dating one, but we could see Freddie showing interest in lots of girls, but ultimately realizing Sam is the one for him.

I agree. That certainly sounds like something Dan would do. We know that there is that scene with Madi. So Carly and Madi's character that we know of so far. So your in the background Freddie arc theory makes alot of sense.

And if that's the case I think I may feel alittle better about the whole thing. It seems to me that it's quite possible Freddie thinks Sam has moved on based on the way she was behaving towards him durning this episode and some of the past ones also. So in a way he's hurting also and is wantin' to TRY to move on himself.

This a very thought provoking situation.

Mood: Wants to give Sam a hug

This post has been edited by SeddieTheRealDeal on May 7 2012, 03:26 PM
SeddieTheRealDeal
Posted: May 7 2012, 03:43 PM

SeddieTheRealDeal

QUOTE (inthestars0318 @ Apr 24 2012, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (azn_Zutarian @ Apr 23 2012, 08:30 PM)
Remember our reactions to when Sam was insulting and getting sort of physical with Gibby in iCTI? What if Dan was experimenting with possible Freddie internalizations on Sibby, or at least Sam spending time with someone else, with us during that point in the Arc the Sibby? I mean, it weirded a lot of us out since we're so used to seeing it as Seddie's "Game" b/c it meant something deeper to them, and Dan does get inspired by us fans from time to time whether it's a subtle poke or the whole main plot. So, what if Dan went further than a subtle poke and, I guess, use it as some kind of a justification (poorly done or not) for the weirdness Freddie could've been potentially feeling towards Sibby alone time? And I don't know if the word "empathize" is right word, but thinking of it this way for me, it does make me feel somewhat empathetic towards a hurting!Freddie b/c of how I felt seeing Sam use Gibby as an outlet for her Sam-ish Seddie Game ways or the eyebrow raise I did when Sam had Gibby massage her feet, etc...if that makes sense. I really didn't make much out of the Sibby stuff from iCTI and post-Arc, but they do sure raise eyebrows without bringing much of any explicit reactions from other characters like Carly and Freddie other than what I remember from iCTI, but I think that was geared more towards us as an audience to interpret as we wish and possibly prepare for a subtly semi-serious Sibby from another character's POV, like Freddie for example, taking into account anything that happened at the end of the arc 'til whenever Dan decides to surprise us, which would be iOAR in this case.

I love this. I also would agree Freddie thinks Sam likes Gibby. Or that's what I'd like to believe. Your point about how rough Sam was with Gibby during iCan't Take In makes a lot of sense to me. And what's she doing now? Suddenly being concerned with Gibby's whereabouts? I'm not saying Sam is actually being all sweet to Gibby now, but Freddie could very well interpret it that way. And where and when has he seen the "Sam suddenly starts being nice" thing before?

Something else occurred to me. They created this whole extra set for the restaurant. It's still open and Sam and Gibby are allowed to keep running it in secret. It's very plausible that we're going to be getting a lot more Gibby/Sam interaction from here on out. Maybe Dan threw Freddie's "is it too late for you to love me?" out there out of nowhere in this episode, but soon we're going to see his jealousy for Gibby (and reasons for confusing himself and thinking he might really belong with Carly) unfold.

OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! That makes perfect sense. I love what's coming out of your mouths (lol or typying hands should I say)

Dan's just that sneaky and brilliantly evil. I believe you guys have hit the nail on the head. That theory makes the most sense. It has to be what he's doing.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (27) « First ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 
Add Reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Welcome!

If you're here, that means you must be a fan of Seddie, or at least curious about what the heck "Seddie" means. So, if you fall into either category, WELCOME!

Come in and talk about anything and everything Seddie, AKA Samantha "Sam" Puckett and Fredward "Freddie" Benson. The largest and most organized Seddie forum on the dotcom. Not dotnet. Dotnet is for losers. Join the rest of the Seddie fans and talk about anything and everything there is to Sam and Freddie.

About this site

Once upon a time...there was a lady named Era. She was a major sidekick shipper, and especially shipped Sam/Freddie, aka Seddie.

In early December 2008, TigerBeat Magazine printed spoilers for the episode "iKiss," inducing mayhem within the iCarly shipping community. Many non-iCarly forums had their "Other Ships" section overrun with rapid Seddie conversations.

In light of this, on December 13th, 2008, Bickering Sidekicks was born in order to give the squeeing a proper outlet. In one month, the board grew to over 400 members. It now has over 2000 members. Maybe you should join in?

About Seddie

If you're not sure who exactly this forum is about, here are the profiles of our two characters.

Sam Puckett
Played by
The ultimate at lockpicking, stealth, physical strength, getting detention, and beauty pageants.

Freddie Benson
Played by
iCarly's resident geek and once Sam's personal punching bag. Still kind of is.

The law

Click Here To Read The Full Rules!
  • Love Seddie. Or at least tolerate it. If not, there's always the exit button.
  • No spamming. Or I'll stick Sam on you.
  • Stay respectful; keep crudeness to an absolute minimum.
  • Put on a smile. The world is not coming to an end. :)

Fanstuff

Pimped Vid:
Wild Heart of the Young
By Karla Bonoff

by Yours truly

Pimped Fic:
Full Circle
By TheWrtrInMe
With three little words they ended it all. But fate had other plans.

Links

Share this site