Nov 23: iGoodbyeNov 10: iBust a ThiefDanwarpNick @ VimeoRulesHelp

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Sam & Freddie. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (32) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

5x05 iPear Store (#504), May 12 2012
Archnemesis
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:15 AM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

Group: The MOD Crew
Member No.: 1,249

QUOTE (cassie @ May 4 2012, 07:20 PM)
"Don't expect a relationship"

I wasn't. :laugh:

Silly girl, Jennette. Dan ain't paying things off this soon.

We'll all suffer because he wants us to. :P

I really wish Jennette didn't have to mention how uncomfortable Seddie makes her every time she mention Seddie.

Yeah, I know. Do you want to be an actress, or don't you? Those are the kind of things you do.
llb33n
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:50 AM

She's not like other girls.

Group: Serious Seddites
Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (SeddiexxMischief @ May 4 2012, 08:02 PM)
I really wish Jennette didn't have to mention how uncomfortable Seddie makes her every time she mention Seddie. It's unprofessional at any rate :...:

This!
C'mon Jennette. You're an actor. This is part of the job. Get over it already. Plus, she's almost 20 years-old, so this shouldn't be a big deal at this point.

I think it's cute that Carly is crushing on a cute, nerdy guy. :) I wonder what the twist at the end is, though. I'm sure Creddiers will think that this means she will like Freddie now since he is also cute and nerdy. Sigh.
snoopy87
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:57 AM

Couch Companion

Member No.: 396

^ I still think this is why some of the Seddie kisses felt off during the arc. She was stuck on this idea of "hands on upper arms, lean head, and keep lips shut." It didn't come across as relaxed.

When taken out of that pose, like with "Lips please," or using that guarded pose in her favor like the end kisses in iOMG and iLMM, they work. Outside of that though, c'mon girl! Relax and get used to romantic scenes!

Back to the episode, I can't wait to see this! I love the idea of multiple plots happening in the same setting. I've noticed in the past few episodes, it feels like the show has experimented some with blocking. (Or maybe I'm just feeling like it is because of the cast talking about trying stuff in iApril Fools with Jerry directing.)

But oooh ... I love Seddie bickering. Also, I'm still sticking with the theory that one reason Sam is getting under Freddie's skin so much is because he sees this job as a distraction, and her presence there is messing that idea up.

This post has been edited by snoopy87 on May 5 2012, 01:35 AM
Mike2101
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:28 AM

Unrepentant Seddie-holic

Member No.: 2,506

See, I think Jennette IS a professional enough that her comments have to mean a little something more.

And I think that has to do with the ongoing Nathan/Madisen/Jennette fan fantasy. I gotta suspect she hopes that if she says it often enough, the Jathan wackos will give up and shut up.

But wackos tend to be a breed apart. Jathan fans are as delusional as Creddie fans...

But at least Creddie fans had that tiny hint in iOaR. Jathan fans? Wow.
Archnemesis
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:35 AM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

QUOTE (snoopy87 @ May 4 2012, 08:57 PM)
When taken out of that pose, like with "Lips please," or using that guarded pose in her favor like the end kisses in iOMG and iLMM, and they work. Outside of that though, c'mon girl! Relax and get used to romantic scenes!

Yes.

Also, you don't have to keep mentioning certain things to try and calm down the handful of vocal people who can't tell the difference between the actor and the character.

You can ignore those people, because nothing you say will dissuade them anyway. Best to not keep mentioning the "awkward", because it irritates people like me who just want to see the characters together and don't particularly care about the actors' private lives.

Jennette, I know Nathan has a girlfriend and I know you guys are just friends. We get it. We don't need to be reminded all the time, and the people who might benefit from hearing that from you really aren't listening to you anyway.

Miranda dates guys very privately, isn't involved with Nathan and had no trouble kissing him and doesn't have to qualify it. The less of a deal you make of it, the less a deal it will be.

Just do it and stop worrying about it.
SeddiexxMischief
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:36 AM

Warrior Typist

Member No.: 2,239

Yeah, I mean, I understand her persistence in a way. Most actors/actresses playing a romantic relationship with their co-star/friend can take it for granted that the audience knows they aren't their characters - and even so, a lot aren't heavily involved in their fandoms, so if real-life shipping is going on they don't notice. But Jennette is regularly harassed by rabid Jathan fans, on her first real job like this...though, I still think she should have learned by now, not to pay them any mind or constantly put up denial because 1: the crazies just feed off of it and 2: it's not in her best interest professionally.

I've noticed in the past few episodes, it feels like the show has experimented some with blocking.

I felt that way too, watching iOAR. I don't know why, maybe it's also because of all the new sets lately, so things aren't 'standard' but it does seem like they've been experimenting with some blocking.

This post has been edited by SeddiexxMischief on May 5 2012, 01:42 AM
Archnemesis
Posted: May 5 2012, 01:41 AM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

QUOTE (SeddiexxMischief @ May 4 2012, 09:36 PM)
I still think she should have learned by now, not to pay them any mind or constantly put up denial because 1: the crazies just feed off of it and 2: it's not in her best interest professionally.

That's the thing.

Denying things to try to defuse a situation doesn't really help, because the crazies just say "They're noticing us...yay!"

For certain conspiracy-minded people, officially denying something is just proof of a cover-up, rather than proof that they're wrong. Nothing you say will matter - just pretend not to notice it and you'll be better off.

SeddieBerserker
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:22 AM

iSeddie enthusiast

Member No.: 1,869

QUOTE (Archnemesis @ May 4 2012, 08:41 PM)
For certain conspiracy-minded people, officially denying something is just proof of a cover-up, rather than proof that they're wrong. Nothing you say will matter - just pretend not to notice it and you'll be better off.

Jennette actually follows some of these fans. -_-

But wackos tend to be a breed apart. Jathan fans are as delusional as Creddie fans...

Creddie fans know the difference between reality and fiction (some of them, at least).

This post has been edited by SeddieBerserker on May 5 2012, 02:25 AM
lindsey
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:56 AM

awkward. 16. directioner.

Member No.: 45

I can't wait for this episode. I love how they all have subplots, and Sam and Freddie have their own plot.
katrinabadina_89
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:57 AM

Puckett Proponent

Member No.: 2,418

I think the fact that "relationship" stuff was highlighted twice in the interview says a lot more than Noah's "don't except anything" *shrug*

If there was nothing shippy in the episode the topic probably wouldn't have been brought up at all... what Noah considers "relationship-y" and what WE consider "relationship-y" is veerrryyyy different :laugh:

This post has been edited by katrinabadina_89 on May 5 2012, 02:58 AM
SeddiexxMischief
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:58 AM

Warrior Typist

Member No.: 2,239

QUOTE (SeddieBerserker @ May 5 2012, 02:22 AM)
Creddie fans know the difference between reality and fiction (some of them, at least).

Welll....:laugh:

I'm not sure they (some) know the difference between a 'children's TV comedy' and 'reality' as far as the affect of 'domestic abuse' vs. 'comedic slapstick violence'

This post has been edited by SeddiexxMischief on May 5 2012, 02:59 AM
thosebrightneonlights
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:00 AM

Muddy Mates

Member No.: 2,658

QUOTE (katrinabadina_89 @ May 4 2012, 09:57 PM)
I think the fact that "relationship" stuff was highlighted twice in the interview says a lot more than Noah's "don't except anything"  *shrug*

If there was nothing shippy in the episode the topic probably wouldn't have been brought up at all... what Noah considers "relationship-y" and what WE consider "relationship-y" is veerrryyyy different  :laugh:

I agree.

It seems unecessary for Noah to even have to clarify that to be honest so why did it even get brought up?

I also agree about the definition of "relationship-y".

For us, any sort of seddie interaction that we can suss some deeper meaning out of can make for a seddie episode. We don't need kissing and declerations of love a la iLove You to classify something as relationship-y.

Also, I wonder what the twist is. My mind always jumps to the worst case scenario and I am not liking the possibilities I'm coming up with...One idea in particular has me seriously cringing.

This post has been edited by thosebrightneonlights on May 5 2012, 04:25 AM
snoopy87
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:23 AM

Couch Companion

Member No.: 396

Something is definitely up. Sure, the main plot is about Sam and Freddie, but the plot isn't painted as romantic ....

So why discuss their relationship journey so far? Why even bring up the idea if this episode is about the funny or the romance?

Also, a lot of press (tween magazines, MTV, etc.) was on set during this episode. That tends to happen more during the significant episodes ....

This post has been edited by snoopy87 on May 5 2012, 04:27 AM
ycc1988
Posted: May 5 2012, 04:48 AM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

When iSaFW is immediately followed by iOMG, does anything camp Dan says have any weight in the shipping world?

So what episode follows iPS? :P
thefbm
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:12 PM

Smoothie Sipper

Member No.: 810

Oh yeah when you have MTV News on the set of iCarly something is going down. Either it is for Sam or Freddie or Carly or her new guy(awww I can't wait) this episode will be significant.

BUT OMG SPENCER AS A VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTER YES! FINALLY! MY LONG ALMOST FORGOTTEN DREAM FOR SPENCER IS HAPPENING!
(Posted Image)

I'm so ready for classic bickering between the two now.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (32) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Welcome!

If you're here, that means you must be a fan of Seddie, or at least curious about what the heck "Seddie" means. So, if you fall into either category, WELCOME!

Come in and talk about anything and everything Seddie, AKA Samantha "Sam" Puckett and Fredward "Freddie" Benson. The largest and most organized Seddie forum on the dotcom. Not dotnet. Dotnet is for losers. Join the rest of the Seddie fans and talk about anything and everything there is to Sam and Freddie.

About this site

Once upon a time...there was a lady named Era. She was a major sidekick shipper, and especially shipped Sam/Freddie, aka Seddie.

In early December 2008, TigerBeat Magazine printed spoilers for the episode "iKiss," inducing mayhem within the iCarly shipping community. Many non-iCarly forums had their "Other Ships" section overrun with rapid Seddie conversations.

In light of this, on December 13th, 2008, Bickering Sidekicks was born in order to give the squeeing a proper outlet. In one month, the board grew to over 400 members. It now has over 2000 members. Maybe you should join in?

About Seddie

If you're not sure who exactly this forum is about, here are the profiles of our two characters.

Sam Puckett
Played by
The ultimate at lockpicking, stealth, physical strength, getting detention, and beauty pageants.

Freddie Benson
Played by
iCarly's resident geek and once Sam's personal punching bag. Still kind of is.

The law

Click Here To Read The Full Rules!
  • Love Seddie. Or at least tolerate it. If not, there's always the exit button.
  • No spamming. Or I'll stick Sam on you.
  • Stay respectful; keep crudeness to an absolute minimum.
  • Put on a smile. The world is not coming to an end. :)

Fanstuff

Pimped Vid:
Wild Heart of the Young
By Karla Bonoff

by Yours truly

Pimped Fic:
Full Circle
By TheWrtrInMe
With three little words they ended it all. But fate had other plans.

Links

Share this site