Nov 23: iGoodbyeNov 10: iBust a ThiefDanwarpNick @ VimeoRulesHelp

Welcome to Sam & Freddie. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (306) « First ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Nathan Kress, do u think he's cute? looks nice? funny?
thosebrightneonlights
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 04:45 PM

Muddy Mates

Group: Serious Seddites
Member No.: 2,658

I actually agree with Nathan. Seddie is much more interesting and better for TV. It's part of why I ship it. I find Creddie boring in terms of entertainment, but for that purpose, I find Seddie fascinating. In terms of real life however, obviously much of Sam's earlier physical behavior towards Freddie would never be appropriate as a foundation for a relationship.

But, and I think this is where a lot of Seddie/Creddie shippers differ, I take the physically "violent" moments between Sam & Freddie (which as was mentioned hasn't happened in quite a while) as humor. It's physical comedy and it's not meant to be actual serious physical abuse. If it were, it wouldn't be on a children's show. It's meant to be humorful, not harmful. Sam and Freddie are an exaggerated caricature of the love/hate relationship.

I think a lot of creddie shippers however, can't see it that way though. They can't separate real world constraints from this kids live action comedy TV show that, lets face it, pretty regularly stretches the constraints of real life.

Also, as for why Creddie shippers would be happy about this, he mentioned seddie and abuse in the same sentence. Their biggest argument against Seddie is that it's "abusive" so for someone in the cast to point that out, I'm sure they're thrilled. Of course, they're blatantly ignoring the fact that Nathan said that while making a major differentiation that they can't seem to make: TV vs. Reality.

Anyways, this is a sitcom were talking about. He said it himself. Seddie is better for a sitcom. Reality isn't even the argument here.

This post has been edited by thosebrightneonlights on Mar 26 2012, 04:57 PM
cassie
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 05:37 PM

Puckett Proponent

Member No.: 2,378

Ugh I knew what Nathan said would start another drama. Thank you for ruining the Tumblr tags Mr Kress, lol.

Frankly, I find the arguments in what is or isn't realistic hilarious (and not argue worthy), since iCarly is the epitome of unrealistic randomness.

I do think he might have a point with what he said about the show ending, but fortunately Nathan does not have a say in what happens to the characters at the end :D
Archnemesis
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 05:48 PM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

Group: The MOD Crew
Member No.: 1,249

QUOTE (cassie @ Mar 26 2012, 01:37 PM)
I do think he might have a point with what he said about the show ending, but fortunately Nathan does not have a say in what happens to the characters at the end :D

Actually, even that doesn't make sense.

If the show ends, the absolute last thing you need to worry about is the dynamic between the characters. The show's over - who cares?

The excuse of character dynamics might be used as an excuse to break up Sam and Freddie after iLY.

But trying to use it as a reason why they won't get back together in the last episode is totally irrelevant. I can't imagine a reason that would matter less than that one.

ycc1988
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:08 PM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (Archnemesis @ Mar 27 2012, 01:48 AM)
The show's over - who cares?

That's the thing about Dan's writing prowess. The situations may be wacky and unrealistic, but to many fans around the world, Sam and Freddie (and Carly and Spencer and Gibby) are very real. Many like to think that the cast will live on in some parallel universe after the show's end and it's only natural we'd be concerned with what happens.

But that's not for us to know. We can only imagine.
Archnemesis
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:17 PM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

QUOTE (ycc1988 @ Mar 26 2012, 02:08 PM)
That's the thing about Dan's writing prowess. The situations may be wacky and unrealistic, but to many fans around the world, Sam and Freddie (and Carly and Spencer and Gibby) are very real. Many like to think that the cast will live on in some parallel universe after the show's end and it's only natural we'd be concerned with what happens.

But that's not for us to know. We can only imagine.

Agreed, but saying you can't have a "permanent" romance because of character dynamics only matters if you're the writer of the show and you're trying to make it entertaining. No matter what happens, fans can imagine any future they want.

If the show's over, there's no more writing problems left for Dan to tackle. That's why it was safe for him to finally pay off Zoey and Chase. A big part of the entire show was his unrequited, secret love for her. You fix that in the last episode and can then wash your hands because the show's over - and you never have to write them as a permanent couple. Character dynamics don't matter.

If Dan happens to end the show with no ship, it will be because he wants to, and not because he's worried about ever having to write a permanent canon ship in the future. There's no set-in-stone canon future. Only fanon, and that can be anything the fans want.
ycc1988
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 06:33 PM

Freddie Benson is my homeboy.
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 97

Actually, we know Sam and Freddie have 2 or more kids... Spencer did use the plural, right???? :P

We'll get more clues in the first "real" episode of this season how Seddie is going to end. I think Dan would want to add a little meat to the storyline, but we know Nickelodeon might not want another full-blown 5-episode arc like last time.
inthestars0318
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:18 PM

Finger Licking Friend

Member No.: 339

QUOTE (Archnemesis @ Mar 26 2012, 01:48 PM)
If the show ends, the absolute last thing you need to worry about is the dynamic between the characters. The show's over - who cares?

The excuse of character dynamics might be used as an excuse to break up Sam and Freddie after iLY.

But trying to use it as a reason why they won't get back together in the last episode is totally irrelevant. I can't imagine a reason that would matter less than that one.

THIS. I watched Nathan's ustream, and his thing about Seddie being more entertaining but abusive makes perfect sense to me. I've always felt the exact same way about the differences between the two ships, and I liked both Creddie and Seddie (that is, until iOMG when going back to Creddie just stopped making any sense). Ultimately, he said that Seddie make for better, funnier plots on a TV show... and guess what iCarly is?

However, Nathan actually seems convinced that the show has to end on a neutral note, and I really don't get his reasoning. The show's over, dude. Now's the time when you DON'T have to worry about the dynamics getting messed up.
snoopy87
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 07:43 PM

Couch Companion

Member No.: 396

^ His answer for an open-ended finale came across as a PR move to me. Sure, it can happen, but he's also trying to come across as neutral to the fans.

I guess he got tired of trying to play the Sibby card. :laugh:
Archnemesis
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 08:23 PM

From the bowels of Dingo
Group Icon

QUOTE (snoopy87 @ Mar 26 2012, 03:43 PM)
^ His answer for an open-ended finale came across as a PR move to me. Sure, it can happen, but he's also trying to come across as neutral to the fans.

It's been his standard answer for a year now, so I think he's just on auto-pilot when he says it.

This time the answer made no sense, but I don't think he thought about it enough. It's just his stock answer.
llb33n
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 11:16 PM

She's not like other girls.

Member No.: 1,864

Why do I feel like Nathan's always the one that riles up Creddie vs. Seddie drama? :laugh:

To me, it seems obvious that there really no is Creddie vs. Seddie debate because after the arc, Seddie has been constructed to be endgame. I'm almost surprised to see his comments brought the up issue again.

ETA: Actually, I shouldn't be that surprised. :P

This post has been edited by llb33n on Mar 26 2012, 11:17 PM
Mike2101
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:01 AM

Unrepentant Seddie-holic

Member No.: 2,506

I really think he is acknowledging the Seddie storyline as being the route the series is going.

More interesting... funnier... more entertaining...

Sure, toss the stuck-in-the-past Creddie fans a bone by saying a romance in real life would be better built on a Creddie-type relationship.

So, who cares? We aren't building a real life romance here, Jathan fans notwithstanding. We saw the long term potential in a Seddie story, and dammit there it is.

Now Nathan has to begin to see that a show can actually resolve storylines. Things can wind up. Think how off the dynamic felt in the iApril Fools ep, when they premise was Carly & Spencer moving away.

You can hint at a NEW dynamic in the finale, but when you fade to black for the last time, the writer and producers don't worry about if Carly and Sam feel uncomfortable because Sam is pregnant with with Freddie's baby.

(Okay, I know THAT's not in the finale, but that would be so cool...! And likely the last Dan would ever work for Nickelodeon...[Yikes. I went from wanting Freddie and Sam to only date each other to having kids. Quite a leap.])

This post has been edited by Mike2101 on Mar 27 2012, 03:46 PM
snoopy87
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 08:55 PM

Couch Companion

kresskrista
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 09:05 PM

Finger Licking Friend

Member No.: 2,313

Great video snoopy, from this video Nathan loved the iMeet The First Lady episode and that he is growing the beard again during the two week break from iCarly.
Seddierulesall
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 09:54 PM

My name is Amy. :)

Member No.: 533

@Mike- Had i been drinking my soda at the time, I would have spit it out at that baby line. :laugh: You can blame your want on the April Food episode for putting the idea of Seddie babies in a future episode. :laugh:

I don't put any energy into when Nathan talks about Seddie. He had that one golden time of when he was talking about the secrecy of iOMG but for the most part, I put the boy on mute when he speaks of Seddie/Creddie. :laugh:
snoopy87
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 11:57 PM

Couch Companion

In the UK, I guess they still showed some iCarly/One Direction connections ... Nathan presented Favorite UK Band, and well ... you KNOW who won.

It's LQ, but maybe it'll be posted on the website soon in much better quality.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Pages: (306) « First ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Welcome!

If you're here, that means you must be a fan of Seddie, or at least curious about what the heck "Seddie" means. So, if you fall into either category, WELCOME!

Come in and talk about anything and everything Seddie, AKA Samantha "Sam" Puckett and Fredward "Freddie" Benson. The largest and most organized Seddie forum on the dotcom. Not dotnet. Dotnet is for losers. Join the rest of the Seddie fans and talk about anything and everything there is to Sam and Freddie.

About this site

Once upon a time...there was a lady named Era. She was a major sidekick shipper, and especially shipped Sam/Freddie, aka Seddie.

In early December 2008, TigerBeat Magazine printed spoilers for the episode "iKiss," inducing mayhem within the iCarly shipping community. Many non-iCarly forums had their "Other Ships" section overrun with rapid Seddie conversations.

In light of this, on December 13th, 2008, Bickering Sidekicks was born in order to give the squeeing a proper outlet. In one month, the board grew to over 400 members. It now has over 2000 members. Maybe you should join in?

About Seddie

If you're not sure who exactly this forum is about, here are the profiles of our two characters.

Sam Puckett
Played by
The ultimate at lockpicking, stealth, physical strength, getting detention, and beauty pageants.

Freddie Benson
Played by
iCarly's resident geek and once Sam's personal punching bag. Still kind of is.

The law

Click Here To Read The Full Rules!
  • Love Seddie. Or at least tolerate it. If not, there's always the exit button.
  • No spamming. Or I'll stick Sam on you.
  • Stay respectful; keep crudeness to an absolute minimum.
  • Put on a smile. The world is not coming to an end. :)

Fanstuff

Pimped Vid:
Wild Heart of the Young
By Karla Bonoff

by Yours truly

Pimped Fic:
Full Circle
By TheWrtrInMe
With three little words they ended it all. But fate had other plans.

Links

Share this site