Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Sigil - City of Doors. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Diablo 3 OPEN BETA WEEKEND!
Tomekk
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:22 AM

Heat Dodger
Group Icon

Group: Event Master
Member No.: 478

If anyone was interested in giving Diablo 3 a try, this weekend is your chance, since Blizzard is hosting an open beta biggrin.gif So if you just wanted to bash some creeps or find out if the game will even run on your rig, now's the chance! smile.gif

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Di...ekend-4_19_2012

--------------------
Characters: (Looking for group)
Ra'zeth, Dragon Warrior/Fated Factotum, lvl 30
Ny'leve, Healing Hand of Ilmater/Harmonium Notary III , lvl 20
Ashalle, Windwalker/Cipher Initiate, lvl 23
Cryss, Hellfire Warlock, lvl 18
JMarquis
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 09:53 AM

Greybeard
Group Icon

Group: Builders/scripters
Member No.: 513

Thanks! laugh.gif
I think that i'll give it a try...

--------------------
Warren Rockheart - The Gentle fist of Ilmater
Alan Lane - Sacred fiend slayer
Ramiel - Thunder of God
Arthur McRae - Contraptions & Gears
Rack - Spirits master
Dulcina - Little Blossom
ManyFaced
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:00 AM

Choosy testers choose Jif.

Group: Members
Member No.: 441

They based the Demon Hunter character on Nienna.

True story.

--------------------
"Can everyone try just, reading what the DM writes? I think that'd be a good first step."
Eandril
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 03:42 PM

Blashyrk Mighty Ravendark!
Group Icon

Group: Builders/scripters
Member No.: 5

already finished it three times I think with witch doctor, fun char ..still not convinced ditching necro was worthy for it, going to test wizard soon tongue.gif (once errors will vanish again)

--------------------
There's men, underground, who have never seen the sun, but they really know how to party. Little men from underground who have never seen the sun but the really know how to party. They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing and they fight and dance 'till the morning!

You there! Dance with me, till the end of the world!
cryptc
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 04:12 PM

Advisor

Group: "Retired" ol' Fart
Member No.: 1

I am playing with a demon hunter... I have a shortbow submachinegun now tongue.gif

This game is all kinds of silly tongue.gif

--------------------
"One of the most curious statements I've seen on this list is that PlaneScape is a logical world. I must have erred. I was trying to create a world that defied logic." - David 'Zeb' Cook
Mr_Otyugh
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 04:40 PM

Still providing world class service, albeit third world class.

Member No.: 2

Well it is diablo wink.gif I think sillyness is kinda guaranteed with that. I don't think even Blizzard tries to tell that it's 100% serious game tongue.gif it's more like super grim world where an unexpected hero of unfathomable power arrives to kill three billion monsters alone... not to mention that the small villages always seem to be somewhat excuse location with stores revolving around PCs convenience... they don't have farmlands that sustains their own lifestyle, no real ways of trading... ;P but yeah, it's a grind game and really grinding is most that can be expected of it. Do they still call it RPG?

--------------------
Tomekk
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 04:45 PM

Heat Dodger
Group Icon

My graphics card isn't supported.... *sigh* So let me add another game to the list of "I-can't-bloody-play-because-this-laptop-is-balls".

--------------------
cryptc
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:25 PM

Advisor

Member No.: 1

Second problem is really that there isn't really any good character building... stats gets autoplaced, and your skills are really limited to a few different options... items and crafting seems cool though...

Just feels a bit silly that I can pick up a sword with my demon hunter and the game basicly laughs me in the face since I have no attack skills I can use with a sword, so I can't attack with it at all (I can equip it to look badass though tongue.gif)

--------------------
"One of the most curious statements I've seen on this list is that PlaneScape is a logical world. I must have erred. I was trying to create a world that defied logic." - David 'Zeb' Cook
silinrul357
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:20 PM

Blood

Member No.: 720

Don't care about the opposition to it tbh; yeah I have my own quirks (the lack of skill customization and stuff irks me), and the connection issues outright make me an unhappy silin.... but what can I say? It's dark, it's brutal... way more than I thought. Silin approves.

smile.gif I'm placing my preorder now. If you want my tag btw, it's the same as my fourm ID here. (Btw I am an exploratory player. Don't rush with me, cuz I'll leave your party very quick that way. tongue.gif I like taking my time exploring and shooting...)
Mr_Otyugh
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:39 PM

Still providing world class service, albeit third world class.

Member No.: 2

Don't get me wrong, I played Diablo 2 a lot myself, expansion pack as well, but I still don't think it's roleplaying game or really much more than grinding game wink.gif but it at least manages to keep grinding somewhat exciting and rewarding.

--------------------
Tomekk
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:42 PM

Heat Dodger
Group Icon

Of course there's roleplaying in it, especially when you play a barbarian! tongue.gif Your cursing at the physical immune monsters and heavy bashing of the mouse buttons seemlessly blends in with your character.

--------------------
krandate123
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:24 PM

Greybeard

Member No.: 708

So is it a bad thing that a part of me completely expects Torchlight 2 to out-Diablo Diablo 3?

--------------------
Partial Character List:
Chardon: Mystic theurge lich. Devourer of souls and those little powdery mints people have at weddings.
Akki Takki: Kobold rebuker. Raised as a petitioner in the court of Kurtulmak before fleeing.
Opkfrumjotunn: Troll beserker. Planar mercenary.
Az'kar: Bladeling assassin. Noms on his victims.
Tyiedrni Pohuunrakihu: Skeletal minion of Chardon. Not much of a reader.
Lorkata: Self proclaimed prophet of Chaos, Doomguard member.
silinrul357
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:23 AM

Blood

Definitely more action than roleplay I'll give it that. That said, my old group Rp'd on D1 and D2 all the time, and we might do the same here if we get together. Yes, proally silly, but i don't care. tongue.gif I always enjoyed the story with the gameplay too.
Rust
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:01 PM

Agent of Chaos
Group Icon

Group: Dungeon Master (Emeritus)
Member No.: 412

Always considered it a hack-an-slash'er, I don't Rp in games where I'm limited to a few character archetypes.

Tho' I did name the barbarian Kithra tongue.gif . (she's gained some weight, too . . . .).

Got her to 13th, now working up a wizard, who seems pretty wimpy in comparison. IS wimpy in comparison, not real happy with the spells I've seen so far. Where's the cool spells, like Blaze?

Any interested in group once it's out lemme know - my ID in the game is Psimon#1114. Yeah, I broke my "no pre-order's" rule, I mean, c'mon, it's Diablo . . .
silinrul357
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 12:42 AM

Blood

(tongue.gif An rp is what you make it no matter the game; you could Rp on the game of life getting *bleep*ed up the ass by a game warden but, hey, to each their own! Obviously some games are better than others for it but, meh.)

The best part for me is my friends are very barbarian/witch doctor lovers because they either like people doing the work for them, or just have to be a tank. The Demon Hunter is a very difficult class for them, and coincidentally, easily my best. smile.gif I'm fond of the DH because they do require a little bit more careful timing and planning than other classes (if you play alone, you know what I'm talking about; if you don't, well, then it's a joke because the D3 beta's difficulty is, honestly, laughable).

So yeah, when it comes out I expect to pick up the DH again. For now I'm just enjoying playing with giant axes, punching people in the face, or just throwing jars of spiders at them (seriously that's kinda creepy but awesome at the same time).
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1087 seconds | Archive