Please read them, if not thoroughly, enough to understand them and not have them broken.
1. Please please respect both the admins and the members of this site, regardless of whether you are a member yourself or just a guest who is stopping by. Please don't start fights out of character, I'm sure everyone would like in a daze to be a fun and friendly place, not a living hell.
2. When registering, make sure, if you're making a doctor you put Dr.
followed by their last name in proper capitalization. If you're making a nurse, put Nurse
followed by their last name in proper capitalization. As for patients, register with your character first and last name in proper capitalization. Interns will register as follows: Intern
followed by their characters LAST
name. If you make a mistake, please PM an admin right away and don't wait for me to catch it myself.
3. Before you even consider roleplaying, please post your application and wait to be accepted. Whoa, wait, before you protest, it's short and freeform. Although it may seem like I'm asking for a lot, there are so many ways you could show me your character's personality or behavioral information. We are also a canons and original site, so make sure you check out our canons before deciding to make an original.
4. Here at In A Daze, we have a flexible word count. If your roleplaying partner types out 700+ words don't return with 100 words. That's offensive to them that they typed so much and essentially got nothing from you. So just match (give or take a few words) what your roleplaying partner is writing. Also, flexible word count does NOT mean you can post 50 word posts or 200 word posts if you're starting. It means you should type what YOU can, and the average is at least 250.
5. No god modding or power playing.
6. Please do not stretch the board. I do not know the maximum width that a signature can be, but do NOT exceed 550x240 on signatures. As for avatars, the dimension I set was 150x250, so don't get an image bigger than that. Size it down if you have to.
7. In A Daze has no rating, however there are limits. Daily life is unpredictable so I'm attempting to make it flexible around here and not restrict too much. Although mature content is allowed, mark your thread appropriately. If you are taking part in a mature thread you must be 17 or older (RL). I'm sorry, that's just how it is. You'll have to wait. Mature threads on here are defined as those that will involve sex (it doesn't matter if its mildly graphic or explicit), hard drugs, excessive violence (like being stabbed in the neck or raped or being pummeled by a group of guys - but if it's like a small petty fight or smoking a normal cigarette, that is fine, you may roleplay that with no restriction on age). Sound fair? Good.
8. Please try to remain active. That's really all I can say on this matter. If you will be absent for an extended period of time, let us know in the absence board; if you'll be taking a break from roleplaying, let us know. If you've lost interest in the site and you don't feel you can continue, PM me and I'll archive your things, but to suddenly leave, and let your roleplays sit and your roleplay partners wonder, is not really fair. Long story short, let me know if your activity on this site will be affected. I won't get mad.
9. Communicate with me. Well, that's not really a mandatory rule, just an optional one. If you're having any problems or issues and you don't know whether you can come to me...well you can.
10. The first thing you should do is submit your application. When it is accepted that's when you get to do the fun stuff like fill out the sign ups and claim your disorder(s) and powers. Prior to acceptance of your application, you should not be posting in signups or setting up your character ads or claiming disorders and powers, or roleplaying for that matter.
11. There is a 5 character limit. In order to move on making another character after the first, your first character must have been accepted, you must fill out all the mandatory claims (face claim, disorder, power/ability list, dorm&apartment), have a character page, a character ad, and at least (1) roleplay post before I will approve a second character.
12. Ratios. Weeee we all love ratios. Under the plot information tab, you will find the ratios. I'd like to keep them fairly even so if there are a whole lot of girls, please make a boy. If you have 2 characters that are girls and you plan to make a third, make it a boy and vice versa. Also, the ratios for doctors, nurses, interns and patients. I don't expect them to be neck and neck equal, but I don't expect there to be 1 doctor and an influx of patients and no nurses or interns. Or something like that. So if you see that there are like 10 patients, no nurses, 1 intern and 2 doctors, PLEASE consider a nurse, intern or doctor instead of making more patients..or I'll have to put a temporary "ban" on them.
Thank you, I hope you enjoy your stay here!
These rules were created by allie in wonderland <3
@ caution 2.0 ( with major edits in layout and what the rules said by cia, site owner of In a Daze ) please do not remove this tag, she worked hard on these for her site because of you
. Feel free to edit the colours and of course change around for your site <3