Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Welcome to In A Daze. We hope you enjoy your visit.
We are a psychiatric hospital set in present day Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania where an experiment has gone dreadfully wrong. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means all roleplaying boards and a few general chat subforums have been hidden for member confidentiality reasons. This also means some features you can not use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
In A Daze (Expand/Collapse)
Welcome to _IN A DAZE! We are a psychiatric hospital set in 2011 in Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania. Here at _IN A DAZE, we accept both canons and original. There is no set
rating and there is also a flexible word count, which is just a fancy way of saying match what your partner writes. Our application is in [ dohtml ] but we give you the option of submitting it in plain text. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please
let us know: in the cbox, in the help center forum, or through PM. Below you will find helpful links:
Powers & Abilities List / Newbie Guide.
Face Claim. / Dorm & Apt. Claim
Disorders List. / The Rules.
Canon List. / Application.
Novac Psychiatric Hospital
Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania
Upcoming Event: TBD by COTM
6 l Female:
CHARACTER OF THE MONTH
CHARACTER NAME !
|SEPTEMBER 18, 2011 [C]
Nominations are over. Poll going up tomorrow. Vote vote vote!
All other credits have been documented in threads
Graphic Edits, Plot, Concept, C. List Info: Cia
Pictures: Google, SweetandTalented.com
In a Daze Banner: Hazel
→ Newbie Guide
Member No.: 1
Joined: 17-July 11
Step by step help from registration to roleplaying. By the way, if you're still confused about something that I skipped over by accident, please send me a PM or ask in the cbox or the help center. Pick your poision :)
1. Take a look around
- Some key things to look at prior to registration to get your character in order:
Canon List (Feel free to reserve as a guest or sign up and reserve)
3. Canon List + Disorder + Powers/Abilities List
- Yay! You've registered -throws confetti- On IN A DAZE, register with a first and last name in proper capitalization, but wait, there are different ways, depending on member group in which you must register:
Doctors register with: Dr. Last
Nurses register with: Nurse Last
Interns register with: Intern Last
Patients register with: First Last
If you goof up, it's fine, just PM an administrator and it will be changed as soon as possible.
4. Submit Application
- Canon List
If you'd like to play a canon and you know you'll be taking a few days to finish, reserve it. Reservations expire after a week. Once you finish your application, I will specify that the canon has been taken.
- Disorders and Powers/Abilities
There are many disorders to choose from. When filling out your application do not exceed 2 disorders and do not exceed 2 powers.
- Intermission: Disorders and Powers/Abilities both require that you fill out a really short form. AFTER you complete your application, you may fill in the powers/abilities you chose for your character and the disorder(s) your character has. AFTER THE APPLICATION. NOT PRIOR.
- There are secrets. In the canon list and in the application it requests that you have one, If you are a canon, some characters have secrets and some don't. If you create an original character you will be tasked with coming up with one.
- Any member group can have a disorder (it doesn't matter if you're a doctor or patient or intern or nurse. you can be afflicted with some disorder), BUT, patients are the only ones that should have POWERS. Keep that in mind when making a character.
5. Fill in all mandatory sign ups (**AFTER YOU ARE ACCEPTED)
- The application is in [ dohtml ] code and I know that can be slightly confusing for some. I made a diagram, found here, of the things that you should be editing and I've submitted an application for both my characters JILLIAN DUBOIS and HAYDEN MILLS as a basic guideline for those that don't know where to really organize their application. Also, you can submit your application in plain text with an image 154x146 and an admin or moderator will organize it.
- If you have an image but don't have the software to size it down, PM me and I will do it.
- Use <(br**)><(br**)> (remove asterisks and parentheses) to make space between paragraphs
6. Make a shipping page
- The mandatory sign-ups are:
Disorders List (For all patients, and those staff that choose to give their characters disorders)
Powers/Abilities List (For patients only. Does not apply to staff groups)
Dorm & Apartment Signups (For all patients and those staff that choose to live on campus)
Staff Positions (for staff only)
- There are also Character Pages, which are optional, but quite essential. You will have to reply to the character page thread with your character name.
Basically, character pages will have everything your character needs: journal, thread tracker, IM messenger, telephone privileges, etc. Refer Here for what is allowed in character pages. Character cover all extraneous signups, so you don't have to sign up for things seperately
7. Begin roleplaying
- Make a shipping page in the Character Ads forum.
- You can begin roleplaying NOW! Or when you're accepted. :)