regarding all of the site
First and foremost, the Staff here are Last Laugh wants you to have fun and make plot bunnies. Last Laugh is not supposed to be a source of stress!
2. Register with your character's First and Last name, proper caps. If your character is an alien or of a species containing only one name with no surname, register with just the first name proper caps.
e.x. Batman should register as Bruce Wayne
3. Follow all TOS rules! These rules you read and consent to following when you register, they are the rules provided by and enforced by Invision Free Forum Host. This means no sexual themes are to be threaded with minors, fade to black scenes, even in the protected forum. Real life people under the age of 13 CAN NOT be used for face claims, nor can their pictures be posted.
4. Respect everyone on the site as well as guests. In order to show guests more respect, we ask all members to talk to guests and answer questions if they can. Respect your staff and take what they say with heavy consideration. Ignoring a staff member or fighting with them is not acceptable.
5. This is not a batman movie based site. It's an AU version of the game with a combination of the COMIC BASE DC canon. Use the site info panels in order to help build and original character. We expect you to make AU alterations to canons to suit Arkham City, but still resembling their history in the comic-verse. Please make notes of canon alterations, cuts in history or additions when apping them. We only allow minor tweaks and not completely original alterations to a canon character.
6. Here on Last Laugh, we've issues a time-stamp, which keeps track of dates. The code for this time-stamp is located underneath the c-box. Just post it in the first post of a thread to establish the date the thread takes place in character.
Last Laugh has gone through some phases and plot changes, as well as site events. Having a time-stamp makes plotting efficient by plotting pre or post an event.
Posting and Activity
the posting regulations and activity qualifications
We do have TOS rules to follow and all mature content needs to be regulated! That means NO EXPLICIT CONTENT
. You are allowed to imply
things, or please fade to black
. If your thread contains content that has sexual, violent or mature themes, we ask that you mark them with an [M] in the title or subtitle. If you can't fit the M tag, please include the
post icon if necessary to warn minors of the content. This is IF's rules, they must be followed.
If your thread is labeled with a mature theme, it will be moved to our protected forum which protects guests and site minors from reading the content, you will be pmed the password by a staff member
2. You must have no less than 400 words in per post! This does not include the template CSS, if your post is under 400 words it will be paused by a staff member until corrected. Do not make this a frequent problem.
3. If you are playing a canon character we want you to be able to at least post once a week. If you are away keep us updated, We understand shit happens. Just know we can't the hold the canon forever. If you are going to be inactive for a LONG time, then we highly suggest you drop whatever canons you have and keep your originals.
4. No god modding or power playing. These are always no-nos. If you make a mistake we not going to bring Thor's hammer down on you. We only ask that you are more careful. If this becomes a problem we will work with you. This goes for Mary Sues and Gary Sues as well. We do not want them here!
We have activity checks every month, on the 25th going into the 10th of the next month. That's a period of validation and activity.
6. An away only excuses you from one activity check unless you update it every month. Be aware that using an away for more than three activity checks in a row will automatically deem you as inactive unless it's a severe case of away [[not just saying school is bogging you down, ect]], this only applies to canon characters, we're more lenient with originals, but strongly suggest dropping canons if you won't post often or keep on top of site events.
7. Don't use someone else's lack of posting or being away as an excuse for lack of activity. There's a ton of opens, even a list of them and tons of people to plot with in the plot pages. If you have only one thread and make excuses as to why you can't have more, then are you really being active?
Applications & Face Claims
Application Limitations and Expectations
If applying for a character, we ask that you get your application done as soon as possible. Particularly if you're a new member. New members and new applications are cleaned out every month and deleted due to inactivity or incomplete or neglecting to post an app at all. If you are new and going to be away, wait before applying or post an away, but keep on top of it.
2. Follow the descriptions in the application template, it gives you an explanation of what we want and what we're looking for. Failure to follow the advice we provide will take longer to be accepted.
3. We are willing to help you with your application, you can take questions or criticism to a private message or an instant messenger, but if you refuse to correct the criticism that a staffer gives you or a least work out a compromise, then your application will be denied. Your application goes through a four-stage process, your application can only be pending three times, then will be denied the fourth. Before pumping your topic after updating it, be sure you've fixed or at least discussed why it was put on pending.
4. You get two characters for free. You can have up to two characters with less than five posts. To make more and have them accepted, you need to have all the previous applied characters to have five posts or more. You ARE allowed to apply characters prior to this posting requisite, which your completed application will be placed in Extended, which it will be safe and reviewed once the posting requirement is met.
Extendeds only protect your character for so long, because we want to influence activity and make sure you can keep up with what you apply for. Canons in extended will only be protected for two weeks and Original Characters in extended will only be protected for four weeks. They will be deactivated once that time limit is up
All characters must have a face claim. Claims must be models or actors or someone famous. Why? Because they have consent for posting and using their pictures on the internet. We do not want to see a small town girl from Mississippi, a scene kid from myspace, or youtube actor ect. because they might not GIVE consent for using them as a playby.
For canon characters, you are allowed to use comic images in your graphics, templates or other information, but for applying and their application, you MUST find a celebrity play by and claim them for your canon character.
all of your graphics woes
Your profile graphics are allowed to contain comic panels of your canons, but please suit the dimensions. Avatars can be no bigger than 200x300 and signature dimensions by the width of 500 pixels. Dohtml signatures are permitted and please do not use unsuitable pictures for your character [[no nudity]].
Keep in mind that profile graphics are not viewable by guests. This is a theft precaution. This is not an option, just informing you.
2. Dohtml is enabled for thread posts too. Once again you are allowed to use comic images and any template you want [[please keep credit if taking the template from a resource site.]] Please avoid using templates the stretch the board or overwrite the sites' css.
canon and original characters
All family members for canon families like the Bat Family/Wayne household must be canon. We do not allow original characters to be applied for as a member of these families. You can however map original families, but originals are NOT allowed to be applied in a canon family.
You can be "adopted" into a canon family, as an original or canon character, but this must be plotted and played out, not applied for in the application.
2. Canons should have their personalities, sexualities, history, powers, abilities, and appearances that their almighty creators have given them. If you pick a 52 character, please, please keep their background history the same. The present you can play with. Hell, what can I say, Voodoo and Gretel seem to be wicked characters.
3. Considering not all DC Comic Characters were equipped for Arkham City or affiliated, we do allow MINOR alterations in applying them. Matching up their time-line with other canons or the theme of arkham city is crucial, but please make note of what your change or ask if it's acceptable.
4. Original characters are allowed, but please apply them with the same expectations, theme and background as DC material. For example, if you were making a homo-magi, alien, or supernatural creature. Research the DC version or these ideas, try to stick to the same verse.
5. Abilities/ powers are something we need to speak about. Powers must have scientific backing and make sense, especially when it comes to original characters. Powers are also based on races, so please make sure you look into them. Also, please treat the staff like comic book newbies when it comes to powers. Explain everything, how they work, how they used, etc.
6. You can only have three major canons. Minor canons are fine you have as many as you want. We don't to see people taking to many majors simply because it's not fair. Major canons are canons that are listed on our site's canon list. Minor are characters that are DC-Verse, but not crucial to our site.
7. You are allowed to arc other DC-Verse concepts, as long as it's adjusted and suited to Batman Verse/Arkham City.
e.x. Adam Jensen/Deus Ex was a DC published comic, he's considered a 'canon' but of a different dc verse and was altered slightly to fit Batman's verse.
8. Original and canon characters cannot be younger than sixteen. Characters under the age of eighteen CANNOT be inmates or start off imprisoned, but can plot their way into the criminal city.
Don't whine in the chat box. This goes for bad days, etc. I everyone once in blue moon someone ticks you off enough that you need to vent to us but this shouldn't be all time. Get an aim and do most of it there.
2. No pestering. This goes for saying or whining that you don't have any posts. Get in there and plot with people. It also goes for telling people over and over again that you've posted to them. We have lives outside of LL and while we would love to plot with everyone 24/7, we simply can't. We would appreciate it if members were to get reminders once in a while, but constant requests are not acceptable.
3. No advertising. We love the fact that you made your own site and we have a place for you to put the link. The chat box is simply not that place.
4. Admin! Guess what? If we doubled posted on advertisements, just come and leave another one or delete them. We don't want to see you telling us about double post.
More on Cbox Rules