Title: Rules & F.A.Q. ~ Updated 02/12/2012
Description: Please Read Before Posting.
admin - July 8, 2011 03:11 AM (GMT)
Webmaster of Sweet/Administrator: Arelis
Send us (or any mods) a Private Message (PM) if you have any questions, concerns, or complaints. The Rules
1. No bashing of Clark or Lana.
2. Relevant Posts - Please post only what is relevant to our lovely couple or Smallville.
3. Language, Etiquette & Content. Just please keep it clean.
4. Respect - Give it to everyone here. If you have a problem with someone, please PM/IM/email them instead. This also means respecting others opinions, if you don't agree then that's fine you don't have to, but respect the opinion for what it is as long as it's not insulting to anyone. No personal attacks. This implies to board members, administrators and moderators.
5. Fan Fics - Clark and Lana fanfics ONLY! All rating is allowed (G to NC-17). Please label it correctly with a Rating on the subject line if it is rated that way. See complete description of ratings below and the complete FF rules.
6. Starting Threads - Please check to make sure a similar one is not on the board already. Duplicates will be closed.
7. This is a Clana shipper site not a general Smallville fan site, so what's welcomed on a general Smallville fan site in regards to shipper talk may not be welcomed here by our members. We're here to talk about Clark and Lana not praise other Smallville ships or characters over Clana or Clark/Lana.
8. No bashing Kristin or Tom, this also implies to co-stars, family members, love ones and friends of Kristin and Tom.
9. Don't spam! See below for Sweet's definition of "spam."
10. No more promoting of other Clana related message boards or fan sites on this message board. Due to members taking it to the extreme! If it continues the URL will be blocked out.NEW RULE - Updated 02/12/2012 11. Use a max of 20 characters in your user name and no offensive words. User names over 20 characters or with offensive words will be edited Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to change my username?
Once you register that will be your username and display name. But by request you may ask the admin to change your username if you no longer like what you have at the moment. But please don't abuse this option.
How many posts to get a "Sweet" name under my displayed name?
Posts to be Sweet Junior : 50
Posts to be Sweet Senior: 150
Posts to be Sweet Junkie: 300
Posts to be Sweet God: 750
What is spamming?
Spamming is posting responses to every thread in a forum in a rapid fashion just for the hell of it or even trying to raise your post count to go up in rank.
Spamming is also double and triple posting to the same thread back to back. This is useful when editing your post. Please use it.
Advertising other Clana sites is not acceptable. Don't even think about doing it. You will be slapped.
Where can I find a avatar or a signature banner?
Visit the Multimedia Forum.
Help!! I forgot my password! I can't get in!
Don't fret. Just click on the "Forget Password". Your password will be emailed to you. If you still cannot get in, please see the next post below.
Why is it a long thread closed?
After the thread hits the 11th page (150 posts), a new one is started. Just keeping it fresh. ;) Does not apply to fanfic threads.
Why are the NC-17 Fics now password protected?
Read this THERE here and find out why.
I would like to be a moderator of a forum. How can I apply?
At this time, we are not looking for anymore mods. If there was an opening, it will either be advertised in its forum or Arelis or Maria will personally recruit a mod.
What happen to the Clark/Lana clips that were on the Main Site?
- Sweet member for over 3 months
- Have over 400 posts
- Must have either AIM or MSN
It has been closed since it was the primary cause for the site to shut down (off-line) several times due to bandwidth.
I have a pic/screen cap/scan to show. How do I post it?
First, you need to upload the image to an image host, such as photobucket.com.
Once you upload it, just grab the URL of the pic and hit the button and put in the URL between it ... [*img] Put URL here[*/img] (but without the *)
NOTE Some sites do not allow direct/external linking.Thanks for visiting Sweet Message Board.
:DMembership and Login
I've joined the board and I haven't gotten my password yet! Note: (This implies mostly to AOL users)
If you're not getting your email from the board after joining, with your password to enter the board do the following:
1. Go into login
2. Click on Forgot Password
3. Put your user into the bar, click send.
4. After it goes through go into your inbox and see if the email came through.
If the email still doesn't come in, continue to do that every other hour. If that still doesn't work then email me at: email@example.com
With your username and the password you would like to use.
But of course if you don't trust having your password given out to anyone, I will send you a default password for you to use so you can login and go into your profile, which there you can change your password to whatever you want it to be.
I've having trouble logging on to the board!
If you are having trouble staying logged on, it is most likely because of your internet settings. The culprit of this problem is the way your browser handles cookies. You can easily remedy this problem by doing the following (for Internet Explorer users):
1. Go to "Tools" and click on "Internet Options" in the menu bar.
2. Next, click on the tab listed as "Privacy" and click the "Advanced" button.
3. Set it so that Third Party cookies ARE accepted.
4. Click "OK" to save your settings.
It also, may be your login options. These two options will help you stay logged in:
Minutes to stay logged in: Put in 300 minutes or so, if a number isn't already in there
Always stay logged in: Click the check boxBanners
Your entire signature should be able to fit inside a 500 x 250 (width / height) pixel area.
Ensure the entire size of all your images and even text do not exceed 500 x 250.
- Image in width and height
- Text in height… meaning don’t use a size font of 10 if you know it’ll go over the 250 pixel limit.
All image(s) must not exceed less than a half a Mega Bite in total file size. That includes animation as well.
That means if you have one animation and one banner and the size of the animation is already 500KB that means you either lose that animation or keep it and lost the other items in your signature.
If you don’t know how to check the size of your image/animation right-click on the image/animation and click on properties.
1024KB = 1MBFan Fic Rules:
1. Clark and Lana fanfics ONLY. G to R fan fictions are allowed. Please label it correctly with a Rating on the subject line. Please refer below for description of ratings.
2. PLEASE add the date on your title when you post your UPDATE. This is to clearly notify other members that you have updated your fan fiction. If you fail do this and a warning is given by a mod/admin, the thread will be CLOSED until you dish out the Rating. Contact a fan fic mod with it to open the thread again.
3. DO NOT start a new thread for a fic update. It will be closed. Just continue from your first thread. Only exception if it is a sequel to an original fic.
4. DO NOT constantly bump a fic. It is okay to bump the occasional old fic thread to give the author a kick in the pants, but doing a whole bunch at a time is annoying and takes recently updated fics off the first page. That's very disrespectful to those authors who are updating frequently.
5. Once your story is complete, it will be moved to the appropriate “Finished Fics” forums. Please mark it Complete/FIN on your title so the Mods can move it after a few days. If you noticed that your fic was not moved yet, please PM one of the Fan Fic mods.
6. If you have an incomplete fanfic that hasn’t been updated in a very long time, please take a look in the “Graveyard” forum. If you plan to revive that fic, please contact a mod to move it back to the Fan Fic Forum.
7. Please process your fan fiction through a spell/grammar checker. Having people second guess what you're trying to say can get pretty annoying. Type correctly, no "cLaRk n LaNa R 2gether 4ever." If you need to, get yourself a beta.
8. Do not post Fan Fic discussion topic in this forum. Please head for The Daily Planet/Writers Central Forum for all discussion on Fan Fics.
9. Real Fics only! If you come here and post a fan fiction that is purely mocking, it will be shut-down. Do it again, you will be BANNED! Posting at Sweet is a privilege and not a right. If you don't like it, take a freaken hike!
10. Do not plagiarize. That means taking someone else’s work (ideas or writings) and claiming it as your own. If you think someone is plagiarizing, please contact a mod ASAP and it will be handled accordingly.
If you continue to break these rules you will not be welcomed to post your fan fictions on here anymore. The moderators don't get paid for the job they do, so don't give them more work or stress for your lack of following directions.
11. Advertising for a upcoming Fan Fictions is no longer allowed. If you are starting a Fan Fiction thread, it must contain the FIRST chapter/section of your Fic. Do not post a summary of the Fic without it or it will be shutdown. We understand that you want to gain some interest, but it is unfair for those writers that are starting or currently writing Fics. Do it once, get a warning. Do it a second time, your thread will be closed and moved to the graveyard or deleted from the board!
12. Posting multiple full fan fictions back-to-back from your already existing posted fan fiction will be limited to 2 Fics at a time. Standalones are unlimited!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Fan Fiction Forum, please contact one of the moderators. Fanfics Ratings – ADD THIS!
Please warn the readers with a rating
(G) General Audience : All ages can read it. Nudity, sex scenes, and scenes of drug use are absent; violence is minimal; snippets of dialogue may go beyond polite conversation but do not go beyond common everyday expressions.
(PG) Parental Guidance Suggested : Some material may not be suitable for children. Explicit sex scenes and scenes of drug use are absent; nudity, if present, is seen only briefly, horror and violence do not exceed moderate levels.
(PG-13) Strongly Cautioned under 13 : Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. This signifies that the story rated may be inappropriate for pre-teens. Rough or persistent violence is absent; sexually-oriented nudity is generally absent; some scenes of drug use may be seen; one use of the harsher sexually derived words may be read.
® Restricted-Under 17: This signifies that the story rated contains some adult material. An R may be assigned due to, among other things, a story's use of language, theme, violence, sex or its portrayal of drug use.
In other EXPLICIT words:
The subject line of the first post of your fanfic thread (the title that shows up on the main page of the fanfic forum) should have two things:
2.) Date of last update or completion
Exception: There is no need to put a date in your fic if you have only posted the first part (unless you really want to). It must still have a rating.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Fan Fiction Forum, please contact one of the moderators.
* Hosted for free by InvisionFree