Please sign the J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Petition

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to the July 7th People's Independent Inquiry Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

SSL Search:  

Pages: (20) « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Three held over 7 July bombings, Mohammed Shakil|Sadeer Saleem|Waheed Ali
Kier
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 01:53 PM

Group: J7 Admins
Member No.: 6

Trio Charged With Bomb Plot Linked to 7/7

Thursday, 5th April 2007, 14:13
Category: Crime and Punishment

THREE men have been charged with a bomb plot linked to the 7/7 attack that killed 52 commuters.
Police believe that the 7/7 plot may have been part of a wider bombing campaign that would also target London tourist attractions.

Waheed Ali, Sadeer Saleem and Mohammed Shakil allegedly conspired with the four 7/7 bombers to cause explosions on the London transport system and/or tourist attractions in the capital.

It is alleged that they were "between November 1 2004 and June 29 2005, unlawfully and maliciously conspiring with Mohammed Siddique Kahn, Shezhad Tanweer, Jermaine Lindsay, Hasib Hussein, the July 7 bombers, as well as others, to cause by an explosive substance explosions on the Transport for London system and/or tourist attractions in London of a nature likely to endanger life or cause serious injury".

The trio, two of whom were arrested at Manchester Airport before they flew to Pakistan, will appear at 10am on Saturday at City of Westminster Magistrates Court.

And Deputy Assistant Commissioner of the Met Peter Clarke said he knew "for a fact" that more people were involved in the 7/7 attacks.

At a press conference this afternoon, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke described the investigation as "a complicated jigsaw with thousands of pieces."

He said: "We now have enough of the pieces in the right place for us to see the picture, but it is far from complete.

"Over 21 months the relentless search for every tiny detail gave us a wealth of information about the background to the attacks in July 2005.

"When two of the men who have been charged today tried to leave the country on 22 March, our judgement was that the time was right to arrest them.

"Today we have reached the stage where the Crown Prosecution Service have authorised charges against three individuals who have been in custody since 22 March."

DAC Clarke, who is head of the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said it was highly likely there would be further arrests.

He continued: "The search is not over. I firmly believe that there are other people who have knowledge of what lay behind the attacks in July 2005 - knowledge that they have not shared with us.

"In fact, I don't only believe it. I know it for a fact. For that reason the investigation continues.

"Following the murder 52 innocent victims, we launched an investigation that was designed to uncover every possible piece of detail, every clue and lead, however minute.

"Our aim was quite simple - to find out not only who was responsible for setting off the bombs, but also who else was involved.

"We have gone where the evidence takes us. We have taken more than 15,000 statements and followed some 19,000 leads."

DAC Clarke appealed for people to come forward with information about the three suspects, particularly those from the West Yorkshire area. Shakil, 30 and Saleem, 26 are from Beeston, West Yorkshire. Ali, 23, was recently living in Tower Hamlets, East London, but lived for most of his life in Beeston.

He added: "We need to know more about their movements, meetings and travel. But as well as this, who else knew about what was happening?

"We will find out, it's only a matter of time. It is highly likely that in due course there will be further arrests.

"If you have any information, now is the time to give it."

DAC Clarke pledged to tell the families of the victims as much as possible about the progress of the investigation.

He said: "I appreciate that bringing these charges will have an impact on many people. For some it will bring back horrible memories of that terrible day.

"For others there may be some relief that after such a length of time there is some visible progress in an investigation that has had to be kept secret.

"We will share as much information as we can with the bereaved, the 966 people who suffered injuries, and the wider public."

Sue Hemming, head of the Counter Terrorism Division of the Crown Prosecution Service, said: "Since the events of the 7 July 2005, one of my lawyers has been working closely with the police analysing and advising upon the large quantity of material that has been gathered during the extensive and difficult investigation that followed.

"Over the past two weeks since the arrests she and I have been carefully reviewing the additional evidence that has emerged against these individuals to enable us to make a charging decision at the earliest opportunity.

"This morning I decided that there was sufficient evidence against each and I authorised, after full consultation with the Director of Public Prosecutions, the charging of three individuals.

"They are charged that between the 1st November 2004 and the 29th June 2005 they unlawfully and maliciously conspired with Mohammed Siddique Khan, Shezhad Tanweer, Jermaine Lindsay, Hasib Hussein and others to cause explosions on the Transport for London system and/or tourist attractions in London of a nature likely to endanger life or cause serious injury.

"The allegation is that they were involved in reconnaissance and planning for a plot with those ultimately responsible for the bombings on the 7 July before the plan was finalised.

"I would like to remind you of the need to take great care in reporting the events surrounding this alleged plot and that these individuals are only accused of this offence and they have a right to a fair trial. It is extremely important that there should be responsible media reporting which not should prejudice the due process of law."

Anyone with information can call the confidential anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321.

Source
numeral
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 04:38 PM

Group: J7 Forum Team
Member No.: 5

In full: 7 July police statement

After 21 months of investigating, three suspects have been charged with involvement in the 7 July bombings.

In an expansive briefing, Scotland Yard's counter-terrorism chief Peter Clarke described how detectives had followed thousands of leads. He pleaded for more information from the public, and promised there would be more arrests.

Here is the full text of his statement:

"The investigation into the terrorist attacks in London on July 7 2005 has reached a new stage, but it is far from complete.

Today we have reached the stage where the Crown Prosecution Service have authorised charges against three individuals who have been in custody since 22 March.

We have reached this stage after some 21 months of intense investigation by the Metropolitan Police and West Yorkshire Police.

Following the murder of 52 innocent victims, we launched an investigation that was designed to uncover every possible piece of detail, every clue and lead, however minute.

Our aim was quite simple - to find out not only who was responsible for setting off the bombs, but also who else was involved.

As I said in July 2005, we needed to find out who else knew what was going to happen on 7 July.

Who encouraged the bombers? Who supported them? Who helped them?

In looking for the answers to those questions we have gone where the evidence has taken us, following every lead until it is exhausted.

It is impossible in a few words to convey the scale of the task we set ourselves.

But if I tell you that we have taken more than 15,000 statements and followed some 19,000 leads, that might give you some idea.

'Complicated jigsaw'

Over 21 months the relentless search for every tiny detail gave us a wealth of information about the background to the attacks in July 2005.

When two of the men who have been charged today tried to leave the country on 22 March, our judgment was that the time was right to arrest them.

I appreciate that bringing these charges will have an impact on many people.

For some it will bring back awful memories of that terrible day.

For others there may be some relief that after such a length of time there is some visible progress in an investigation that, I hope for obvious reasons, has had to be conducted in secret.

We will of course share as much information as we can with the bereaved, the 966 people who suffered injuries, and the wider public.

I understand the need for people to have as much information as possible.

Of course, now that legal proceedings are under way, I am strictly limited as to what I can say.

The public will no doubt find this frustrating, as do I.

I only wish that I could share with you the extent of what we have discovered - but I cannot.

That must wait for the trial of those who have been charged, or any others who may be charged in the future.

So the detail of the evidence must wait, but it is probably fair to describe it as a complicated jigsaw with thousands of pieces.

Search 'not over'

We now have enough of the pieces in the right place for us to be able to see the picture, but it is far from complete.

Because of that, the search is not over. I firmly believe that there are other people who have knowledge of what lay behind the attacks in July 2005 - knowledge that they have not shared with us.

In fact, I don't only believe it. I know it for a fact. For that reason the investigation continues.

I have a simple appeal to make today. It is for those people who have information and who have not yet spoken to us, mainly in the West Yorkshire area, to come forward.

I do understand that some of you will have real concerns about the consequences of telling us what you know.

I also know that some of you have been actively dissuaded from speaking to us.

Surely this must stop. The victims of the attacks, and those who will become victims of terrorism in the future deserve your co-operation and support.

Information plea

We still need information about the four men who set the bombs off - Mohammad Sidique Khan, Shehzad Tanweer, Hasib Hussain and Germaine Lindsay.

There are still some gaps in our knowledge of what they were doing in the weeks and months leading up to the attacks.

The same goes for the three men who have been charged today.

I shall remind you of who they are:

* Mohammed Shakil, aged 30 from Beeston, West Yorkshire.

* Sadeer Saleem, age 26 from Beeston, West Yorkshire.

* Waheed Ali, age 23, recently living in Tower Hamlets, east London, but for most of his life has lived in Beeston, West Yorkshire. Until recently Ali was known as Shipon Ullah.

We need to know more about their movements, meetings and travel.

Who did they meet? Where did they go?

But as well as this, who else knew about what was happening?

We will find out, it is only a matter of time. It is highly likely that in due course there will be further arrests.

If you have any information, now is the time to give it.

You can either speak directly to your local police, or you can ring the confidential Anti-Terrorist Hotline.

The number is 0800 789321.

I am sorry that I can't take questions this afternoon. As I said earlier, I would like to give you much more detail, but I cannot.

As soon as I can give more information, I shall."

This post has been edited by numeral on Apr 6 2007, 06:14 AM
Paul
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 05:24 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 381

I've just watched coverage on BBC six o'clock news and they showed the CCTV footage from 28th June 2005 ( 'the dummy run') with a voiceover saying it was the 7/7 bombers on the way to commit mass murder or words to that effect. It was clearly misleading - that is if you understand the difference between CCTV footage from the 7th July 2005 and the 28th June 2005.

Sinclair
Posted: Apr 5 2007, 11:47 PM

Member No.: 18

A video of the met police press conference re the arrest of the 3 persons who are accused of 'reconnaissance & planning' is on this BBC page

Paul,
The video to which (I think) you refer to is available from a link on the right when the above video link is viewed. You are correct, the reporter voiceover states (at 1m40s to 1m45s):
The 7/7 terrorists setting off on their journey which would end in mass murder as 3 or 4 frames of the June 28th 'dummy run' is shown.

This post has been edited by Sinclair on Apr 5 2007, 11:56 PM
numeral
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 06:50 AM

Member No.: 5

As always the Currant Bun gets the real story.
7/7 plan to bomb Queen
By MIKE SULLIVAN
April 06, 2007

THE 7/7 suicide bombers were planning a murderous attack on the QUEEN.

They staked out Buckingham Palace just NINE days before causing carnage on London’s transport network.

They also visited the London Eye, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square to assess them as targets before choosing to bomb the Tube. They wore rucksacks of the type used on 7/7.

The amazing revelation was made yesterday as police announced terror charges against three of their alleged helpers.

They allegedly visited the tourist sites with the killers and helped plan 7/7 in which 52 innocents died.

They are Mohammed Shakil, 30, Sadeer Saleem, 26, and Waheed Ali, 23. All are from Beeston, West Yorks — home to three of the four suicide bombers.

Details emerged at a New Scotland Yard news conference by Sue Hemming, of the Crown Prosecution Service’s counter terrorism division. She said: “The allegation is that they were involved in reconnaissance and planning for a plot with those ultimately responsible for the bombings on 7 July before the plan was finalised.”

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke, of Scotland Yard’s counter terrorist command, predicted more arrests and appealed for information on what the three were doing on July 7, 2005.

Nine days before is 28 June. So we have an alleged plot to blow up tourist attractions. The 28 June trip was not at all a "dry run" for 7/7. They were "staking out" Buck House. And suddenly at the last minute the target is changed to the transport system without any reconnaissance.

Pull the other one.

The charge is: "between November 1 2004 and June 29 2005, unlawfully and maliciously conspiring with Mohammed Siddique Kahn, Shezhad Tanweer, Jermaine Lindsay, Hasib Hussein, the July 7 bombers, as well as others, to cause by an explosive substance explosions on the Transport for London system and/or tourist attractions in London of a nature likely to endanger life or cause serious injury"

That "and/or" is particularly interesting.

This post has been edited by numeral on Apr 6 2007, 09:31 AM
Paul
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 09:27 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 381

QUOTE (Sinclair @ Apr 5 2007, 11:47 PM)
A video of the met police press conference re the arrest of the 3 persons who are accused of 'reconnaissance & planning'  is on this BBC page

Paul,
The video to which (I think) you refer to is available from a link on the right when the above video link is viewed.  You are correct, the reporter voiceover states (at 1m40s to 1m45s):
The 7/7 terrorists setting off on their journey which would end in mass murder as 3 or 4 frames of the June 28th 'dummy run' is shown.

Hi Sinclair,

That is indeed the video I'm referring to. Thanks for getting the wording correct. It's just not good enough. Incompentence or conspiracy?- it's one or the two and not exactly the best of choices in the circumstances.

As for the Sun detailing the locations of the tourist attractions it looks like its following the pattern of 'sources' leaking information which only reinforces a certain version of events before anyone has even had the chance to defend themselves in a court of law.

The Antagonist
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 09:47 AM

Antagonista

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

....Buckingham Palace.... the London Eye, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square

We would do well to remember that the old fashioned passtime, indulged in by British residents and foreigners alike, the one that is repeatedly used as the last bastion of justification for the monarchy - once called sightseeing - is now termed 'terrorist reconnaisance'.

This post has been edited by The Antagonist on Apr 6 2007, 10:28 AM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (20) « First ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0900 seconds | Archive
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike2.5 License.
Comments on this forum do not necessarily represent the views of the July 7th Truth Campaign, the July 7th People's Independent Inquiry Forum, or even the position of their author. J7, the July Seventh Truth Campaign, the July 7th People's Independent Inquiry Forum, nor its administrators or contributors are liable for any of the forum content. Any and all information is reproduced on a 'fair use' basis which allows reproduction of material for research and study purposes, criticism and news reporting.