36 // ALLIES // POLISH // "FINDER"

( +00 ) • WE’VE NEVER MET WHERE THE GATH'RIN IS TO BE AT THE OLD SPOT
( --10 ) • FRIEND NOW ENEMY MOUNTAINS I MET WITH CAPTAIN FARRELL
( --00 ) • BARELY TOLERABLE AND HIS MONEY HE WAS COUNTING I FIRST
( --05 ) • ONE-SIDED HATE PRODUCED MY PISTOL AND I THEN PRODUCED MY
( --05 ) • DISGUST A DA WHACK FOR MY DADDY-O. WHACK FOR MY DADDY
( --05 ) • ANNOYANCE -O THERE'S WHISKEY IN THE JAR I COUNTED OUT

aleksy bartok says:
I don't speak English. Or French. Or anything that Monsieur Bourdage speaks. Which is fine by me, but I now have to fill this section in ... and it's a little awkward.

oliver bourdage says:
An Extra. By God I swear it: these men and women are damnable and will be damned, mark my words. Who the fuck is Aleksy?

we add to -25

CODE
[dohtml]<div style="width:450px; background-color:0a0a0a; -moz-border-radius: 5px 5px 5px 5px;">
<div style="font-family:tahoma; color:929292;">
<br>
[align=center]<div style="letter-spacing:-1px;">[SIZE=11][font=georgia][b][i]first [color=###YOURCOLOR]middle[/color] last[/size][/b][/i]</div>[/font]
<br>
3 100x100 icons
<br><br><div style="letter-spacing:3px;">

AGE // AXISORALLIES // NATIONALITY // PROFESSION

</div>[/align]<br><br>[align=left]<div style="padding-left:20px;">

post relationships here

</div><br>[/align]
<br>
[align=center]<div style="letter-spacing:-1px; font-family:georgia;">[b][i][color=###YOURCOLOR][size=2]   first last says:   [/size][/color][/b][/i]</div>[SIZE=0]<div style="text-align:justify; width:310px;">

Post your thoughts here.  All of them, that's a dear.

[/SIZE]</div><br><br>
<div style="letter-spacing:-1px; font-family:georgia;">[b][i][color=59616a][size=2]   oliver bourdage says:   [/size][/color][/b][/i]</div>[SIZE=0]<div style="text-align:justify; width:310px;">

Copy and paste my text here. Haven't posted on yours? I will.

[/SIZE]</div><br><br><br>
[SIZE=11]<div style="letter-spacing:-1px; font-family:georgia;">[b][i]we add to [color=###YOURCOLOR]TOTAL[/color]</div>[/size][/b][/i][/align]<br></div></div>[/dohtml]
Oliver Bourdage
Posted: Dec 19 2011, 11:23 PM

FR • CONSERVATIVE • 44
Group Icon

Group: ALLIED GOVERNMENT
Member No.: 8

adelaida raisa kozlov

user posted image user posted image user posted image

THIRTY-SIX // ALLIES // RUSSIAN // ACTRESS

( +05 ) • AVERAGE FRIENDS THE MOON, BY THE RISING OF THE MOON FOR
( +00 ) • MIXED FEELINGS 19? OR ARE YOU A STRANGER WITHOUT EVEN
( +05 ) • OTHER [THROUGH MY FATHER] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED
( +05 ) • OTHER [CORDIAL] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED
( +00 ) • OTHER [BUSINESS] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED

adelaida kozlov says:
To grow into a well balanced person. To be who I want to be, and to open my eyes to new places. It was a particular goal I went for as I traveled, seeing lovely architecture in Rome to looking at a museum by the sea. It was quite amazing, even living in Pescara, Italy for a while until I wanted to see more. Eventually, I ended up in France. I didn't really expect to meet anybody there, maybe talking to a few of the locals, or to even go to a cabaret for the entertainment. The day after my arrival, my father and I spoke over the phone. He told me that there was a man that he knew, through political circles, that lived in France, and that he thought was a kind gentleman. My father also pointed out that he told this man about how I was going to spend some time in France, and that he would give me some company at a local cafe in a few hours for a favor for him. What he said threw me off by surprise, making me somewhat curious on what this man was like. I didn't go to the cafe right away, since I wanted to see what type of person you were like before I met you. To me, you were a traditional man with a stance of a man who had been in battle at one point in his life, your posture saying it when you had sat down. You also had the face that anybody would love in serious matters, which also gave me the impression you never back down in a argument if you ever spoke to the opposite party. A hour later, I went to the cafe to meet you, and it didn't turn out too badly. Thankfully, my second language is French, courtesy to my teacher back in Russia. So the usual language barrier was no problem for us. Otherwise, when we spoke, you reminded me of my father, and how his views on things are. Now that it's been, oh...seven to eight years since we last saw each other, it's a wonder to run into you again. Now you're a big politician, and people look up to you...and I'm an actress. But since I've seen you last, you haven't changed a whole lot from my view. Still ambitious, still serious. Which brings me to my next topic of conversation. About the propaganda for the government, and me being the face for it. Interesting idea. I talked to my agent, and he says it would get my face out there for people who don't know about me that much. For me, it's still strange to have people wanting my signature, and tell me they recognize me. But at the same time, I don't really mind it too much.

oliver bourdage says:
I have alarmingly little to say on the topic of Adelaida Kozlov. It'd been years since we'd last seen each other, and reuniting has been quite interesting. To start at the beginning: I was quite familiar with her father, and he and I had a great deal in common. We shared many political ideologies, and it brought us close, professionally, on several occasions at various conferences. When he mentioned to me that his daughter would be in France, I unwittingly offered my company to the girl, if not just for a short while. I believe in foreign ties, you see, ever where I lack the ability to maintain friendships on a true, personal level. With this in mind, all I intended to do was put in face time, in order to earn points with your father. Yes, meeting you was pleasant enough. I believe that we discussed rather irrelevant things, back then. Goodness, this must have been years ago ... probably sometime just before I married Heather, and, well, most certainly before you came a celebrity. On that note, I might add, I've been quite impressed by your work, Ms. Kozlov. It pleases me to recall that, even for a few brief hours, when you were still somewhat shy of being noteworthy, I was in the company of someone who would rise to fame. "Adelaida Kozlov? Why, yes, we've met." It's a bragging right. Don't mistake me for a frivolous man, I implore you; merely understand that I, too, need the occasionally petty victory. Now, meeting you again, today, has been quite unusual. We have both changed, quite dramatically, in fact. It flatters me to think that my own rise to a greater power is the better change, but, admittedly, it cannot hold a candle to yours. You, bearing significance with your name, sitting at a table with me. We have encountered each other more, recently, for I have posed a suggestion which is, perhaps, somewhat cosmetic. I believe that the supporters of the Allies are starting to lose faith in their government. This was has been disastrous, and it pains me to see the citizens of our various nations struggling. Politicians, as a rule, are slimy. I wish not to speak against myself or my kind, but you must understand that with our position comes a certain amount of distrust. People are wary of us, with good reason, in some cases. This is when I had a revelation -- mind you, it is not entirely mine, as it was influenced dramatically by colleagues, but the important part is this: a familiar face, a name they all know, an actress who has been appreciated to date. Who better to show public support for the Allies? This is what I've posed as an option for Ms. Kozlov, to date. If I knew more about her past -- the absurdity of fortune telling! the disgust and contemptibly which invariably accompanies a prostitute! -- then I would withdraw my support. As for the time being, the public (and I) are quite in the dark to this, and so I wait for you word, Ms. Kozlov, and anticipate the next step which we -- the Allies, you, and I -- shall take.

we add to +15

adilene riley robinson

user posted imageuser posted image user posted image

24 // ALLIES // AUSTRALIAN // REPORTER

• AVERAGE FRIENDS THE MOON, BY THE RISING OF THE MOON FOR
• SECRET OUT THE MARCHIN' TUNE WITH YOUR PIKE UPON YOUR
• FLIRTING SEVENTEEN ON SUNDAY" SHE SANG A LITH A DLDDLE
• ANNOYANCE -O THERE'S WHISKEY IN THE JAR I COUNTED OUT

adilene robinson says:
Oh Oliver. I quite like Oliver, no matter what he says, I think he’s damned funny, and adorable (for a married man, anyway). Oh yes, I think he’s a doll, but that’s not the point, is it? Dear Oliver… Dear Oliver thinks he can pull a fast one on me, and he thinks he can get me to write whatever he likes. He’s after some sort of brilliant historical remembrance, I think, when the war is over he wants to be the victor. Imagine, if you will, such a funny little man lording over the lot of France with the public full on his side. It’s darling is what it is, but I know how important to him it is. And, fortunately, after some little bit of effort, he finally seems to have figured out that I’m not stupid. We have a nice little system going, don’t we? I nudge the truth in a way that he might like (every once in a while) and he tells me the truth (with a bit of wading). Hell, it’s just like dealing with the Nazis, keep them happy and they’ll make things easier for you. But we have a system, Oliver and I do. A nice trade system, and I do like him. I just don’t trust him. Never have, never will. I assume the feeling is mutual.

oliver bourdage says:
There is no such thing as "off the record" with the media. I know this, and only a fool would believe that the addition of such words would lead a journalist to omit anything. Such absurdity is best left to naive children who obey the government, not those who make it up. As I am a man aspiring to be greater than I am, it is essential that I receive the most positive press that I can. You will understand the gravity of this situation. France is occupied by Germany, which has led the world into one of the most catastrophic wars known to man. Men and women are dying. The quiet is not because of a lack of words to say -- rather, there are plenty of words to say, but too often is a moment of silence held for the departed, and the words are stifled. If anything, presently, our people must believe in their governments. It is, in consequence, essential that the newsmen are not always reliable. If they knew the depth of our negotiations, perhaps they would lure our nations into respective states of shock, mutiny when it cannot be afforded. My relationship with Adilene Robinson is based off of these truths. The woman is pleasant enough, but after, as they say, "the scoop." Reasonable, of course. My colleagues and I are relevant players on this widespread game of chess. Having access to it must be like having a tree and a tap: invariably, one attempts to draw syrup. I've thought that I ought to use this connection to my advantage and that of the Allies. I tell Adilene only what the government wants her to hear, and she knows that it is bullshit. Yes, it's bullshit. I will not tell her that the Gestapo in France are rounding up our Jewish citizens, now, too; instead, I say that the Allies are working to protect the nation -- but she knows the way to my heart is by flattery. Adilene knows what I aspire to become, and she, a wordsmith to whom the public clings. I know that she is playing me, as she knows that I attempt to fool her, delude her. I'm ashamed of my vanity, but it is irresistible. Here and there, I confess, as any other politician, I suspect, could understand, I have told her truths. I shouldn't have, of course, ever or again, but I suspect that I will. Occasionally, it escapes my lips -- "It may interest you to know, Ms. Robinson ..." and alert her to an upcoming meeting, one which aspires to secrecy. I will continue to do this, so long as our deal is mutually beneficial. On the surface, we appear friends, I think. I offer her cigarettes, smile at her jokes, tease her as if in fondness -- but we are not that kind of friend. We are friends of convenience, and will only remain so as long as there exists balance.

we add to +10

alfred viktor koenig

33 // AXIS // GERMAN // DIPLOMAT

( --10 ) • LOVE/HATE AS I WAS A GOING OVER THE FAR-FAMED KERRY
( --10 ) • FAKE FRIEND HIS MONEY AND IT MADE A PRETTY PENNY I PUT IT
( --10 ) • ONE-SIDED DISLIKE CHAMBER, ALL FOR TO TAKE A SLUMBER

alfred koenig says:
Oh dear Oliver, Ollie, mon ami, mon frere, mon confident, mon... well, I ran out of my french vocabulary there didn't I? I admit the circumstances of us meeting, the fact that Germany is now making its little nest in his homeland France, well... that is a bit of a pickle, as the Americans would say. But unlike him, I don't think of it as such a pickle that it would ruin all chances of us cooperating with one another. The French, like the Germans, are fiercely nationalistic. Why should they not? I should think if a Frenchman was to walk in to my office and kick me out-- why, that would be quite insulting. So no, I do not blame Monsieur Bourdage here for his... straightforwardness, shall we say? But it is because I find him so fiercely agitated by our presence, that I am prone to lower my levels of formality when I am around him. Yes, I admit, I should be more professional. I certainly don't behave the way I usually would around the French government. For some strange reason, they might think I would think they're all a joke (which they are, at the moment), but not necessarily for long. And it is because of this transient function, ladies and gentlemen, that I must venture on to say that I do not dislike the French. In fact, I find them to be the most non-repulsive out of all of the Allies. They are elegant, the women are tasteful (and yet, not boring like those Brits), and the men? You could never find someone more admirable than Monsieur Bourdage himself. It is a pity he doesn't feel the same way about me. Though I could hardly imagine why. I've been nothing but courteous to him! Sending him gifts whenever I visit France on a little job, just to keep the relationship alive. Yes, I enjoy the occupation, but I am sure we can all get over that. After all, we're so alike. It seems... criminal for us to be a part... for too long.

oliver bourdage says:
Have you ever heard anybody begin a statement by saying "I mean no disrespect"? Why, of course. It's both a reasonable precaution and a means of expressing respect for the other party. I can offer my assurance that I have never uttered such a thing in the presence of Mr. Koenig, nor do I expect that I ever will. Indeed, this is only a minor thing to omit from conservation, and a disgrace only to manners. What I truly hold back is far worse than minor failings to uphold propriety. My thoughts are build of profanity and violence, things which I cannot allow to rise to the surface. I have a ... fantasy, if you will, of the day that France is free of Germany's influence. It's a glorious moment, as you can imagine, and it's enhanced by the look on Koenig's face -- a combination of shame and heartbreak. This is the milder of my imagination's wanderings. More often than not, I dream, like a child, of being engaged in an argument with him and, finally, heroically, I push him back from the shoulders, slam him hard against the wall, and hit him until my hand throbs and my knuckles are red. But, obviously, these are mere daydreams. In the real world, I must treat him as I do his colleagues: stiffly, with forced manners. Only at certain times do I have the opportunity to raise my voice, and I cannot do so too loudly, even then. All I want is to find a way to send these bastards out of France, back to Germany where they belong. I wish that there was a good way of doing it, but our negotiations are ... hopeless, at best. I don't, however, believe that Koenig is a scapegoat for this pent-up rage. No, rather, I believe he is more often a cause than a factor. Already, he stood on the wrong side of the fence, indeed, but he has pushed me to my wit's end with his pride and absurd nationalism. My loathing for him is so utterly potent that I'm uncertain we can remain in the same space together, for his personality is disagreeable on the best of days, and, though I'm not sure how it's possible, the mere sight of his face repulses me so horrendously that I must avert my eyes, lest I lose my temper. He is arrogant, vile, and perhaps delusional. I think him cruel and unnecessary. Though he is in a position of power, I do not believe him to be powerful -- there is, Mr. Koenig, a difference.

we add to -40

eliza amelia brooks

28 // ALLIES // AMERICAN // UNEMPLOYED

( --15 ) • MUTUAL DISLIKE I DREAMT OF GOLD AND JEWELS AND FOR
( --10 ) • RIVALS FOR THEY NEVER CAN BE EASY I WENT UP TO MY
( --15 ) • MUTUAL FEAR SHE SIGHED AND SHE SWORE THAT SHE NEVER
( --05 ) • AVOIDANCE A BOLD DECEIVER MUSH-A RING DUM-A DO DUM
( --15 ) • OTHER [SUSPICIOUS OF YOU] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED

eliza brooks says:
I went to Paris a month after the break out, arriving the night before by plane from an airport by Hannover, Germany. I had finally gotten some sense to get out of Germany while I could, while nobody knew where I was. I couldn't tolerate being two hours away from Berlin anymore, hearing the occasional bomb go off in the distance, afraid that the Nazis might stroll along Hannover one day...ahem. Anyways, I heard a commotion to the conference room to my right by the lobby area. The lobbyist, who had noted my head turning towards that direction, told me in English that there was some sort of important (public) meeting going on, saying that a politician by the name of Oliver Bourdage was the one speaking (I've heard bits and pieces of who this man is, but I know that he's not the biggest fan of Extras). The only reason the lobbyist told me about it was because she wanted to go to the meeting herself. I don't know what came over me, but being the kind woman I am, I automatically told the poor woman I'd go check out the meeting myself, and tell her what it was about. I didn't really hear what else was said as I left, going to a spot as far back as possible as I could be from the cameras and the stage. When I was about to listen to Bourdage's monologue, something felt terribly wrong to me. My answer soon came to light when the words extra, and "I've changed my position," where uttered out loud, seeing Bourdage's expression turn rather sour and mortified. Of course, I had to think about what he said before I really started to slowly panic. I hadn't had any thoughts telling him to change his words, nor did I make him say anything that he didn't want to say. At least, to my knowledge. But at that moment, nothing felt right and I felt like somebody was boring their eyes into my body. So I left, going straight to my hotel room to pack up and leave. I was too afraid to have Bourdage's eyes land on me, considering he has no idea what I look like. Yet. And now this is where my paranoia gets to the best of me because I don't know what's going to happen along the road. Especially if I ever have to meet the man himself face to face. Oliver Bourdage is a politician who most likely has good connections, and I be he has people spying on me and my every move to dig up some sort of dirt. Having this thought scares me a lot. I don't know how far his connections go, or who he knows. For all I know, he could know Fisher, and he could have talked about me to Bourdage. Who knows. So for now, all I can do is to stay as invisible as I can, especially if Bourdage really does have his own personal radar just set on me.

oliver bourdage says:
I stood before my colleagues and peers this December. It had been just over a month since the raid of the Extras, and it was integral that we, the informed few, take a position on the matter. I approached these people and I uttered the following lie: "I've changed my position." Let me assure you now that no such thing had occurred. I'm presently rather doubtful that reforming my opinion is even possible, at this point. You see, those were not my words. My statements leading up to that day and following that day should indicate the truth in this. I've never, since their emergence, declared any willing affiliation with the people known as Extras. I am no friend of theirs, I know. I've strongly protested the use of them as weapons or agents during this war, for I believe them to be rogue. I think that they're too new, too raw with experience and power, to know how to behave, and, in consequence, advice against their presence in anything other than scientific research. But, yet, all the same, here I was, declaring myself a friend of these people in front of all these people. It was only when my monologue had concluded that I heard what I said, understood that this was not myself. I have suffered for their games. Liberals claim that I'm making up my claim in order to prove a point. Even my dearest colleagues regard me with what I suppose must be a healthy skepticism. It is so utterly mad that I hardly know if I could believe myself -- yet I do. The answer came to me in the body of a foreign female by the name of Eliza Brooks. It was brought to my attention that her abilities could surely manifest such a response. That she could control my mind. Infuriated, I have privately begun an investigation against her. I intend, one day, to use her to set an example. Presently, I wait with my papers while my hired companions study her. Brooks will be victim to public scrutiny, and the case which will effectively return me to good-standing. Indeed, I fear there's little I can do immediately. I cannot yet determine how to stop someone who can stop me from doing ... anything. But, no matter. A revelation will take place in all good time. She must pay as my reputation has paid for her political instance and immaturity.

we add to -60

theodore michael jenkins

30 // ALLIES // BRITISH // FORMER MI6

( +10 ) • ACQUAINTANCE THE PIKES MUST BE TOGETHER BY THE RISING OF
( --20 ) • MUTUAL HATE RAPIER SAYING "STAND AND DELIVER" FOR HE WERE
( --15 ) • FRIEND TURNED ME CHARGES AND SHE FILLED THEM UP WITH
( --15 ) • GRUDGE AGAINST WATER THEN SENT FOR CAPTAIN FARRELL TO
( +05 ) • RESPECT WAS IT SLOW AND OBSCENE? DID THEY BEAT THE DRUM
( --05 ) • DISRESPECT SLOWLY, DID THE PLAY THE PIPES LOWLY? DID THE

theodore jenkins says:
I met Monsieur Bourdage on a mission a few years ago while I was protecting a British politician. The mission had come to MI6 as the standard guard for the man was deemed unqualified. I was sent in posed as a French interpreter for the politician, and during the course I came in contact with Monsieur Bourdage. The mission itself is a blur now other than the memory of the enemy making a move on the politician. The attacker believed he had found a hole in security, and that was what we wanted. I easily disarmed and subdued the enemy but not without a small audience being nearby. As the mess was cleaned up, and the attacker taken into custody I was offered a drink by the Frenchman which I accepted. His stance against Extras has placed us on opposite sides now, unfortunately. He is one that would be much better off as a friend than an enemy, but one does not always have the ability to chose such things. If I am careful, perhaps I would be able to still gain his trust and help without him finding out that I am an Extra. However, I would still keep a wary eye on him...

oliver bourdage says:
There are things about Theodore Jenkins that I am yet to discover. As it were, there have always been things about Theodore Jenkins that I haven't known. I don't consider us close. I've never considered us close. Understand this: in circumstances such as the ones under which we met, relationships forge more quickly than they would normally. In such strenuous circumstances, inevitably, two people will encounter one another and find that they are closer than they'd expected. This, I've discovered, is why the friendships which I forged during the war -- or, rather, the last war, not this terrible, present one -- have lasted longer than others I have made, and yet were created in less time. I met Theodore Jenkins when I was expecting to meet with a fellow politician, an Englishman, I believe. Being quite closely affiliated with the French Ministry of Defense, I believe that -- ironically -- the subject matter was something along those lines. His interpreter, who I later learned was Theodore and not, technically, an interpreter at all, saved the life of my friend -- and potentially all the rest of us who lingered nearby. I was close to the man, as were many others in our respective parties. We could all have died. But we did not. To show my gratitude, as any man would have done, I offered him a drink. Today, I consider him an honorable man. However, this is without the following knowledge: a. he may be attempting to find me, for whatever reason suits his purposes, whether it be related to information or more militaristic matters; b. he is one of the Extras, a people which I condemn on the basis of their instability and unpredictability; c. he is romantically affiliated with a woman whom I'm presently wary of and consider to be a threat to political society at large. These are truths, perhaps, which are better left unknown ... for his safety and mine.

we add to -80

juniper olivia samuels

32 // ALLIES // BRITISH // GOVERNMENT

( --25 ) • NEMESIS THE MORNING, JUST BEFORE I ROSE TO TRAVEL UP COMES

juniper samuels says:
What a pain in my side. He’s refuses to see the Extra’s as anything but a mote in his eye and doesn’t tolerate anyone, such as myself, who has a positive word to say about them. I find it hard to work with him and or listen to him for longer than a minute, but I suppose that is part of my job. He’s running for election in France? If he wins I know that will be a terrible thing for the country. But unfortunately we need his support and it hasn’t been easy to come by. The unfortunate night that I first met him I had mistakenly believed he would remind me of all the things I loved about France, with a great taste in food and wine. Sadly that was not the case and if anything he taints the memory of Paris more and more. We all want what's best for the Allies and want to succeed in this war, I believe the best way to do that is by utilizing the Extra's and making them into a weapon for our cause. Better with us than against, right? They are still people, after all, and their loyalties can be shifted. But the politicians such as Monsieur Bourdage have to be behind us in order to move forward. As much as I dislike the man I haven't and will not let his small opinions deter me.

oliver bourdage says:
I can honestly say that my impression of Juniper Samuels was not initially negative, as it ultimately became. I'm not sure that the sentiment was mutual, but I was more than happy to be introduced to her. I wish to say something, but I ask that you not mistake me for a sexist. It's a shameful word, that, and I adamantly believe that I am hardly associated with it, but listen: women and men have different roles, and those of men are more often found in the government, where women are best suited to educating children and having less-dominant positions. That said, I have -- no, had -- a great deal of respect for Samuels, for she was a woman who had evaded these social lines, and had done so with some success. Quickly, I've seen the error in my impression. No, she is not to be respected, nor seen as being valuable to her administration. Samuels, I see now, is a fool. I won't go so far as to say that she has disgraced her sex by stating such a position, but, the fact is this: Extras remain a particularly dangerous, volatile experiment. We know nothing of their capacity and, similarly, cannot trust them to be like us. They have endured mental torture of the most grievous sort, and physical torture which has made them almost otherworldly. They're surely not all wretched, not all horrible, just as Samuels does not define all women as irrational and idiotic, but the sheer uncertainty of their abilities makes them too dangerous to work alongside the Allied government and military forces. Yes, I believe strongly in the risks that they pose, but I understand how important it is that our unions, to the public, appear cohesive. So, I have smiled at Juniper. I've asked for her hand during a dance, or toasted with her at an evening event. That's the nature of our position: we must be untruthful. I resent her, something which I unabashedly express in our debates, but I will shake her hand and feign cordiality when it matters. To put this simply: I would defend her to public, then spit in her face a minute later, in private. This is delicate -- but, alas, my nerves are, too.

we add to -80

Eliza Brooks
Posted: Dec 22 2011, 09:58 AM

USA • UNEMPLOYED • 28
Group Icon

Group: LEVEL THREE EXTRA
Member No.: 7

eliza amelia brooks

28 // ALLIES // AMERICAN // UNEMPLOYED

( --15 ) • OTHER [SUSPICIOUS OF YOU] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED

eliza brooks says:
I went to Paris a month after the break out, arriving the night before by plane from an airport by Hannover, Germany. I had finally gotten some sense to get out of Germany while I could, while nobody knew where I was. I couldn't tolerate being two hours away from Berlin anymore, hearing the occasional bomb go off in the distance, afraid that the Nazis might stroll along Hannover one day...ahem. Anyways, I heard a commotion to the conference room to my right by the lobby area. The lobbyist, who had noted my head turning towards that direction, told me in English that there was some sort of important (public) meeting going on, saying that a politician by the name of Oliver Bourdage was the one speaking (I've heard bits and pieces of who this man is, but I know that he's not the biggest fan of Extras). The only reason the lobbyist told me about it was because she wanted to go to the meeting herself. I don't know what came over me, but being the kind woman I am, I automatically told the poor woman I'd go check out the meeting myself, and tell her what it was about. I didn't really hear what else was said as I left, going to a spot as far back as possible as I could be from the cameras and the stage. When I was about to listen to Bourdage's monologue, something felt terribly wrong to me. My answer soon came to light when the words extra, and "I've changed my position," where uttered out loud, seeing Bourdage's expression turn rather sour and mortified. Of course, I had to think about what he said before I really started to slowly panic. I hadn't had any thoughts telling him to change his words, nor did I make him say anything that he didn't want to say. At least, to my knowledge. But at that moment, nothing felt right and I felt like somebody was boring their eyes into my body. So I left, going straight to my hotel room to pack up and leave. I was too afraid to have Bourdage's eyes land on me, considering he has no idea what I look like. Yet. And now this is where my paranoia gets to the best of me because I don't know what's going to happen along the road. Especially if I ever have to meet the man himself face to face. Oliver Bourdage is a politician who most likely has good connections, and I be he has people spying on me and my every move to dig up some sort of dirt. Having this thought scares me a lot. I don't know how far his connections go, or who he knows. For all I know, he could know Fisher, and he could have talked about me to Bourdage. Who knows. So for now, all I can do is to stay as invisible as I can, especially if Bourdage really does have his own personal radar just set on me.

oliver bourdage says:
I stood before my colleagues and peers this December. It had been just over a month since the raid of the Extras, and it was integral that we, the informed few, take a position on the matter. I approached these people and I uttered the following lie: "I've changed my position." Let me assure you now that no such thing had occurred. I'm presently rather doubtful that reforming my opinion is even possible, at this point. You see, those were not my words. My statements leading up to that day and following that day should indicate the truth in this. I've never, since their emergence, declared any willing affiliation with the people known as Extras. I am no friend of theirs, I know. I've strongly protested the use of them as weapons or agents during this war, for I believe them to be rogue. I think that they're too new, too raw with experience and power, to know how to behave, and, in consequence, advice against their presence in anything other than scientific research. But, yet, all the same, here I was, declaring myself a friend of these people in front of all these people. It was only when my monologue had concluded that I heard what I said, understood that this was not myself. I have suffered for their games. Liberals claim that I'm making up my claim in order to prove a point. Even my dearest colleagues regard me with what I suppose must be a healthy skepticism. It is so utterly mad that I hardly know if I could believe myself -- yet I do. The answer came to me in the body of a foreign female by the name of Eliza Brooks. It was brought to my attention that her abilities could surely manifest such a response. That she could control my mind. Infuriated, I have privately begun an investigation against her. I intend, one day, to use her to set an example. Presently, I wait with my papers while my hired companions study her. Brooks will be victim to public scrutiny, and the case which will effectively return me to good-standing. Indeed, I fear there's little I can do immediately. I cannot yet determine how to stop someone who can stop me from doing ... anything. But, no matter. A revelation will take place in all good time. She must pay as my reputation has paid for her political instance and immaturity.

we add to -60

Theodore Jenkins
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 04:43 AM

GB • MI-6 • 30
Group Icon

Group: LEVEL TWO EXTRA
Member No.: 14

theodore michael jenkins

THIRTY // ALLIES // BRITISH // FORMER MI6/EXTRA

( +10 ) • ACQUAINTANCE THE PIKES MUST BE TOGETHER BY THE RISING OF
( --15 ) • FRIEND TURNED ME CHARGES AND SHE FILLED THEM UP WITH
( +05 ) • RESPECT WAS IT SLOW AND OBSCENE? DID THEY BEAT THE DRUM

theodore jenkins says:
I met Monsieur Bourdage on a mission a few years ago while I was protecting a British politician. The mission had come to MI6 as the standard guard for the man was deemed unqualified. I was sent in posed as a French interpreter for the politician, and during the course I came in contact with Monsieur Bourdage. The mission itself is a blur now other than the memory of the enemy making a move on the politician. The attacker believed he had found a hole in security, and that was what we wanted. I easily disarmed and subdued the enemy but not without a small audience being nearby. As the mess was cleaned up, and the attacker taken into custody I was offered a drink by the Frenchman which I accepted. His stance against Extras has placed us on opposite sides now, unfortunately. He is one that would be much better off as a friend than an enemy, but one does not always have the ability to chose such things. If I am careful, perhaps I would be able to still gain his trust and help without him finding out that I am an Extra. However, I would still keep a wary eye on him...

oliver bourdage says:
There are things about Theodore Jenkins that I am yet to discover. As it were, there have always been things about Theodore Jenkins that I haven't known. I don't consider us close. I've never considered us close. Understand this: in circumstances such as the ones under which we met, relationships forge more quickly than they would normally. In such strenuous circumstances, inevitably, two people will encounter one another and find that they are closer than they'd expected. This, I've discovered, is why the friendships which I forged during the war -- or, rather, the last war, not this terrible, present one -- have lasted longer than others I have made, and yet were created in less time. I met Theodore Jenkins when I was expecting to meet with a fellow politician, an Englishman, I believe. Being quite closely affiliated with the French Ministry of Defense, I believe that -- ironically -- the subject matter was something along those lines. His interpreter, who I later learned was Theodore and not, technically, an interpreter at all, saved the life of my friend -- and potentially all the rest of us who lingered nearby. I was close to the man, as were many others in our respective parties. We could all have died. But we did not. To show my gratitude, as any man would have done, I offered him a drink. Today, I consider him an honorable man. However, this is without the following knowledge: a. he may be attempting to find me, for whatever reason suits his purposes, whether it be related to information or more militaristic matters; b. he is one of the Extras, a people which I condemn on the basis of their instability and unpredictability; c. he is romantically affiliated with a woman whom I'm presently wary of and consider to be a threat to political society at large. These are truths, perhaps, which are better left unknown ... for his safety and mine.

we add to -80

Juniper Samuels
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 02:55 AM

GB • INTERNAL AFFAIRS • 32
Group Icon

Group: ALLIED GOVERNMENT
Member No.: 30

juniper olivia samuels

32 // ALLIES // BRITISH // GOVERNMENT

( --25 ) • NEMESIS THE MORNING, JUST BEFORE I ROSE TO TRAVEL UP COMES

juniper samuels says:  
What a pain in my side. He’s refuses to see the Extra’s as anything but a mote in his eye and doesn’t tolerate anyone, such as myself, who has a positive word to say about them. I find it hard to work with him and or listen to him for longer than a minute, but I suppose that is part of my job. He’s running for election in France? If he wins I know that will be a terrible thing for the country. But unfortunately we need his support and it hasn’t been easy to come by. The unfortunate night that I first met him I had mistakenly believed he would remind me of all the things I loved about France, with a great taste in food and wine. Sadly that was not the case and if anything he taints the memory of Paris more and more. We all want what's best for the Allies and want to succeed in this war, I believe the best way to do that is by utilizing the Extra's and making them into a weapon for our cause. Better with us than against, right? They are still people, after all, and their loyalties can be shifted. But the politicians such as Monsieur Bourdage have to be behind us in order to move forward. As much as I dislike the man I haven't and will not let his small opinions deter me.

oliver bourdage says:  

we add to -80

Adilene Robinson
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 04:00 AM

AUS • REPORTER • 24
Group Icon

Group: CIVILIAN
Member No.: 23

Adilene Riley Robinson

user posted imageuser posted image user posted image

TWENTY-FOUR // ALLIES // AUSTRALIAN // REPORTER

• AVERAGE FRIENDS THE MOON, BY THE RISING OF THE MOON FOR
• SECRET OUT THE MARCHIN' TUNE WITH YOUR PIKE UPON YOUR
• FLIRTING SEVENTEEN ON SUNDAY" SHE SANG A LITH A DLDDLE
• ANNOYANCE -O THERE'S WHISKEY IN THE JAR I COUNTED OUT

Adilene Robinson says:
“Oh Oliver. I quite like Oliver, no matter what he says, I think he’s damned funny, and adorable (for a married man, anyway). Oh yes, I think he’s a doll, but that’s not the point, is it? Dear Oliver… Dear Oliver thinks he can pull a fast one on me, and he thinks he can get me to write whatever he likes. He’s after some sort of brilliant historical remembrance, I think, when the war is over he wants to be the victor. Imagine, if you will, such a funny little man lording over the lot of France with the public full on his side. It’s darling is what it is, but I know how important to him it is. And, fortunately, after some little bit of effort, he finally seems to have figured out that I’m not stupid. We have a nice little system going, don’t we? I nudge the truth in a way that he might like (every once in a while) and he tells me the truth (with a bit of wading). Hell, it’s just like dealing with the Nazis, keep them happy and they’ll make things easier for you. But we have a system, Oliver and I do. A nice trade system, and I do like him. I just don’t trust him. Never have, never will. I assume the feeling is mutual.”

oliver bourdage says:
There is no such thing as "off the record" with the media. I know this, and only a fool would believe that the addition of such words would lead a journalist to omit anything. Such absurdity is best left to naive children who obey the government, not those who make it up. As I am a man aspiring to be greater than I am, it is essential that I receive the most positive press that I can. You will understand the gravity of this situation. France is occupied by Germany, which has led the world into one of the most catastrophic wars known to man. Men and women are dying. The quiet is not because of a lack of words to say -- rather, there are plenty of words to say, but too often is a moment of silence held for the departed, and the words are stifled. If anything, presently, our people must believe in their governments. It is, in consequence, essential that the newsmen are not always reliable. If they knew the depth of our negotiations, perhaps they would lure our nations into respective states of shock, mutiny when it cannot be afforded. My relationship with Adilene Robinson is based off of these truths. The woman is pleasant enough, but after, as they say, "the scoop." Reasonable, of course. My colleagues and I are relevant players on this widespread game of chess. Having access to it must be like having a tree and a tap: invariably, one attempts to draw syrup. I've thought that I ought to use this connection to my advantage and that of the Allies. I tell Adilene only what the government wants her to hear, and she knows that it is bullshit. Yes, it's bullshit. I will not tell her that the Gestapo in France are rounding up our Jewish citizens, now, too; instead, I say that the Allies are working to protect the nation -- but she knows the way to my heart is by flattery. Adilene knows what I aspire to become, and she, a wordsmith to whom the public clings. I know that she is playing me, as she knows that I attempt to fool her, delude her. I'm ashamed of my vanity, but it is irresistible. Here and there, I confess, as any other politician, I suspect, could understand, I have told her truths. I shouldn't have, of course, ever or again, but I suspect that I will. Occasionally, it escapes my lips -- "It may interest you to know, Ms. Robinson ..." and alert her to an upcoming meeting, one which aspires to secrecy. I will continue to do this, so long as our deal is mutually beneficial. On the surface, we appear friends, I think. I offer her cigarettes, smile at her jokes, tease her as if in fondness -- but we are not that kind of friend. We are friends of convenience, and will only remain so as long as there exists balance.

we add to +10

Alfred Koenig
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 12:22 AM

GER • DIPLOMAT • 33
Group Icon

Group: AXIS GOVERNMENT
Member No.: 31

alfredviktor koenig

33 // AXIS // GERMAN // DIPLOMAT

( --10 ) • LOVE/HATE AS I WAS A GOING OVER THE FAR-FAMED KERRY
( --10 ) • FAKE FRIEND HIS MONEY AND IT MADE A PRETTY PENNY I PUT IT
( --10 ) • ONE-SIDED DISLIKE CHAMBER, ALL FOR TO TAKE A SLUMBER

alfred koenig says:
Oh dear Oliver, Ollie, mon ami, mon frere, mon confident, mon... well, I ran out of my french vocabulary there didn't I? I admit the circumstances of us meeting, the fact that Germany is now making its little nest in his homeland France, well... that is a bit of a pickle, as the Americans would say. But unlike him, I don't think of it as such a pickle that it would ruin all chances of us cooperating with one another. The French, like the Germans, are fiercely nationalistic. Why should they not? I should think if a Frenchman was to walk in to my office and kick me out-- why, that would be quite insulting. So no, I do not blame Monsieur Bourdage here for his... straightforwardness, shall we say? But it is because I find him so fiercely agitated by our presence, that I am prone to lower my levels of formality when I am around him. Yes, I admit, I should be more professional. I certainly don't behave the way I usually would around the French government. For some strange reason, they might think I would think they're all a joke (which they are, at the moment), but not necessarily for long. And it is because of this transient function, ladies and gentlemen, that I must venture on to say that I do not dislike the French. In fact, I find them to be the most non-repulsive out of all of the Allies. They are elegant, the women are tasteful (and yet, not boring like those Brits), and the men? You could never find someone more admirable than Monsieur Bourdage himself. It is a pity he doesn't feel the same way about me. Though I could hardly imagine why. I've been nothing but courteous to him! Sending him gifts whenever I visit France on a little job, just to keep the relationship alive. Yes, I enjoy the occupation, but I am sure we can all get over that. After all, we're so alike. It seems... criminal for us to be a part... for too long.

oliver bourdage says:
Have you ever heard anybody begin a statement by saying "I mean no disrespect"? Why, of course. It's both a reasonable precaution and a means of expressing respect for the other party. I can offer my assurance that I have never uttered such a thing in the presence of Mr. Koenig, nor do I expect that I ever will. Indeed, this is only a minor thing to omit from conservation, and a disgrace only to manners. What I truly hold back is far worse than minor failings to uphold propriety. My thoughts are build of profanity and violence, things which I cannot allow to rise to the surface. I have a ... fantasy, if you will, of the day that France is free of Germany's influence. It's a glorious moment, as you can imagine, and it's enhanced by the look on Koenig's face -- a combination of shame and heartbreak. This is the milder of my imagination's wanderings. More often than not, I dream, like a child, of being engaged in an argument with him and, finally, heroically, I push him back from the shoulders, slam him hard against the wall, and hit him until my hand throbs and my knuckles are red. But, obviously, these are mere daydreams. In the real world, I must treat him as I do his colleagues: stiffly, with forced manners. Only at certain times do I have the opportunity to raise my voice, and I cannot do so too loudly, even then. All I want is to find a way to send these bastards out of France, back to Germany where they belong. I wish that there was a good way of doing it, but our negotiations are ... hopeless, at best. I don't, however, believe that Koenig is a scapegoat for this pent-up rage. No, rather, I believe he is more often a cause than a factor. Already, he stood on the wrong side of the fence, indeed, but he has pushed me to my wit's end with his pride and absurd nationalism. My loathing for him is so utterly potent that I'm uncertain we can remain in the same space together, for his personality is disagreeable on the best of days, and, though I'm not sure how it's possible, the mere sight of his face repulses me so horrendously that I must avert my eyes, lest I lose my temper. He is arrogant, vile, and perhaps delusional. I think him cruel and unnecessary. Though he is in a position of power, I do not believe him to be powerful -- there is, Mr. Koenig, a difference.

we add to -40

Adelaοda Kozlov
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 04:39 AM

RUS • ACTRESS • 36
Group Icon

Group: CIVILIAN
Member No.: 26

Adelaida Raisa Kozlov

THIRTY-SIX // ALLIES // RUSSIAN // ACTRESS

( +00 ) • MIXED FEELINGS 19? OR ARE YOU A STRANGER WITHOUT EVEN
( +05 ) • OTHER [THROUGH MY FATHER] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED
( +05 ) • OTHER [CORDIAL] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED
( +00 ) • OTHER [BUSINESS TALK] IN AN OLD PHOTOGRAPH, TORN AND TATTERED

adelaida kozlov says:
To grow into a well balanced person. To be who I want to be, and to open my eyes to new places. It was a particular goal I went for as I traveled, seeing lovely architecture in Rome to looking at a museum by the sea. It was quite amazing, even living in Pescara, Italy for a while until I wanted to see more. Eventually, I ended up in France. I didn't really expect to meet anybody there, maybe talking to a few of the locals, or to even go to a cabaret for the entertainment. The day after my arrival, my father and I spoke over the phone. He told me that there was a man that he knew, through political circles, that lived in France, and that he thought was a kind gentleman. My father also pointed out that he told this man about how I was going to spend some time in France, and that he would give me some company at a local cafe in a few hours for a favor for him. What he said threw me off by surprise, making me somewhat curious on what this man was like. I didn't go to the cafe right away, since I wanted to see what type of person you were like before I met you. To me, you were a traditional man with a stance of a man who had been in battle at one point in his life, your posture saying it when you had sat down. You also had the face that anybody would love in serious matters, which also gave me the impression you never back down in a argument if you ever spoke to the opposite party. A hour later, I went to the cafe to meet you, and it didn't turn out too badly. Thankfully, my second language is French, courtesy to my teacher back in Russia. So the usual language barrier was no problem for us. Otherwise, when we spoke, you reminded me of my father, and how his views on things are. Now that it's been, oh...seven to eight years since we last saw each other, it's a wonder to run into you again. Now you're a big politician, and people look up to you...and I'm an actress. But since I've seen you last, you haven't changed a whole lot from my view. Still ambitious, still serious. Which brings me to my next topic of conversation. About the propaganda for the government, and me being the face for it. Interesting idea. I talked to my agent, and he says it would get my face out there for people who don't know about me that much. For me, it's still strange to have people wanting my signature, and tell me they recognize me. But at the same time, I don't really mind it too much.

oliver bourdage says:

we add to 15

Seamus O'Reilly
Posted: Feb 3 2012, 12:12 AM

GB • EX-AIR FORCE • 25
Group Icon

Group: LEVEL FOUR EXTRA
Member No.: 40

seamus braxton o'reilly

25 // ALLIES // IRISH // KICKING ASS EX-AIR FORCE

(+10 ) • ACQUAINTANCE THE PIKES MUST BE TOGETHER BY THE RISING OF
( --05 ) • DISGUST A DA WHACK FOR MY DADDY-O. WHACK FOR MY DADDY
( --10 ) • JEALOUSY WOULD DECEIVE ME BUT THE DEVIL TAKE THE WOMEN
( --25 ) • VIOLENCE BE READY FOR THE SLAUGHTER 'T WAS EARLY IN

seamus o'reilly says:
I do not like this guy, Oliver. Ollie. I wouldn't stop to save him from a camp -- the world would be better off if he got locked in one for a few months, Or years. But he's a politician, so that won't ever happen; politicians are liars and cheaters who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. He might have fought in a war, but he hasn't done shit except make life miserable for people who've already got enough miserable crap in their lives. He's too bloody rich and sure of himself; God, it'd be fun to beat his face in. And this time, no one would be able to make me apologize -- it'd be his fault, anyway, for saying shit he shouldn't have said. If I'd known that I'd have the fucking misfortune of meeting Good Ol' Ollie after helping Zafira out with her shoe, I would've kept fucking walking. That's a lie. I would have helped. She's pretty. And she was crying. And I'm not that much of a bastard to ignore pretty girls when they attack me on the street. I was being a fucking good person, and look what it got me: Ollie fucking Bourdage. I think he thinks I'm going to kill her, or something. Which, I mean, I could. Realistically. I'd try not to. If I'd hurt anyone, it'd be him, and it wouldn't be on accident, but he doesn't seem to get that. I don't know what the fuck his problem is, but it's probably just me. I looked him up once: turns out, he doesn't like people like me. Things like me. Fucking surprise; I don't fucking like me. He's jealous, or something. Of something. Fuck that. I've got more crap to deal with than an old guy with too much power trying to throw his weight around. I dealt with some of that back when I was enlisted, and I'm done with it. It'd take me two seconds to show him what real power is -- just one wrong word, and I won't be able to help myself. The only reason I'm sticking around is because Zafira likes me. Don't really know why. She's a nice girl, Zafira. Damn nice girl. She'll get eaten alive out there. Makes me wonder, what a politician like Ollie could want with a girl like her -- makes me nervous. Asshole's not worth being nervous around, but he's not worth much of anything. But his couch is damn comfy; if I had money like he does, I'd buy a whole fucking room of those couches.

oliver bourdage says:
”Make no mistake: I would assuredly like Seamus O'Reilly more if he were more likeable. One might argue that I've gone out of my way to observe what personable traits he does possess, but I'm quite adamant in my belief that they're few and far between. I believe him to be an inconsistent, but routinely disrespectful man -- if this appears illogical, my advice to you is this: observe his character, for it's strange, tainted by darkness. I've been told on many an occasion that I am wont to being overly dramatic. I should argue this, but strong language is the most powerful tool of any political figure. It's our nature to be assertive, to tell the people, in words which support our notions, the current state of things. The state of Seamus is easily summarized into a few short words: hard, short, and questionable. To clarify: questionable and mysterious are not to be used interchangeably. There's something desirable about being a mysterious figure, but Seamus, on the other hand, is merely cloaked in fog and shadow, rather than being romantically enigmatic. I'm dearly trying to be critical and analytical but, as you can see, my personal feelings are too potent to be subdued. Zafira -- my Zafira -- has taken quite a shining to him. While I'll admit that this is, in itself, inexplicable beyond measure, it's simultaneously upsetting to me. Jealousy? I should wish that a man of my age, and certainly in a position as delicate as mine, should know better than to feel such a petty emotion. I should be more mature than this, if not simply wiser. I admit already that I know my affection for Zafira is not entirely as it should be (how I should hate to say scandalous!), yet I cannot help myself. The thought that she might depend on any man other than myself fills me with contempt towards said party. The misfortune in Seamus' case is that I highly doubt I would like him anyway, whether or not he had caught her eye as he has. Yet, it is he who she invites into our apartment, he who she sits alongside on my couch, and he who she seems to have trusted so quickly. I resent this situation, and I resent him. Not mutually exclusive, perhaps, but powerful emotions all the same. I look for reasons, now, to lower my opinion of him, reasons to be suspicious of him. I confess to having mentioned his name to a few people in secretarial pools, hoping to dig up some information on him -- a mission which I keep to myself, for sharing it with Zafira, and obviously, especially Seamus, could be catastrophic to our relationship. I will bite my tongue for now, but my silence, like his presence in the hotel room, is only temporary.”

we add to -85

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3768 seconds | Archive