Create your own social network with a free forum.
Click for Welcome and Cbox!
Click for Plot Info, Setting, and Staff!
Click for Awards!
Click for Credits!
|WAR IS PEACE ★
ADMIN CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Member No.: 2
Joined: 21-January 12
This thread includes:
THE REGIME -
1) member group information
2) daily life in deadlock information
The Regime happens to be the current Government. They are controlling, oppressive and generally resented by the population - only, most are too afraid to say anything to them. Over the past decade or so, they have gained a frightening amount of power and they are not about to relinquish it. They believe that the people of America should sacrifice their rights and give them complete control in exchange for security and them keeping the country safe. They have brought in new laws to enforce this and they come down hard on people who disobey them. Painfully hard. The regime's member color is D51616
THE DOGS OF THE STATE
- City Council
- Board of Education
- Human Resources
- Now under the direct control of the Government, these people are the law enforcers. This covers the police, the FBI and anyone else who is in charge of making people behave. There have been major changes within this division in the past few years. They are now authorised to use whatever means necessary to capture criminals and make them talk - and this means corporal punishment, torture, anything that they can. There are people who work here just to make a living and may not necessarily like it, keeping their mouths shut and their heads down - and there are the people who were delighted by these new rules, the trigger-happy people determined to impress the Government. There's a hell of a lot of corruption among the police and the federal agents now. The dogs of state's member color is 8FD516
- DEA agent
- prison warden
- undercover agent
CLASS B CITIZENS - This covers most civilians. After the Government got into power and began putting their time and money into more selfish desires while putting many companies out of business for their illegalities, living conditions deteriorated and many civilians were left in bad conditions. Class Bs generally don't have very good housing conditions and live in poverty or something close - but for whatever reason, they haven't joined the underground. They generally keep their head down and try to make the best of a bad situation, not wanting to get involved in either side and just wanting to be left in peace despite their horrible lives. The Class B member color is D3D516.
- hospital staff
- warehouse staff
CLASS A CITIZENS - The Class As are the few citizens who managed to get a good life out of all of this. Most Class As are loyal to the Government, and that's how their companies have remained open and their salaries keep flowing in. They live in the better areas of Detroit and are lucky enough to be living as they were before the massive change in America, or even better off. Friends of the Government and such can usually be found in this category, or people who obey their laws with dedication. The Class A member color is D516BC.
- Propaganda workers
THE RIFFRAFF - There were people who were left with such awful conditions that it enraged them - and they weren't really willing to do anything constructive and sensible about it, so they rebelled in any fashion that they knew, without organisation. They began to rely on substances, thievery and violence. The law, of course, came cracking down hard on them - but there are still people who no longer care about their fate, or care more about showing that they can still do what they want. These are the criminals of society - the ones who run riot simply for the sake of it, or who committed a crime despite knowing what the consequences may be. The riffraff's member color is 16D5D3.
- Con artist
- Graffiti artist
THE UNDERGROUND - It is an organisation that formed around two and a half years ago. The members of the Underground, with the exception of public enemies (see below), are unknown to the Government - and my, this frustrates them. The Underground is an organised American group with their Headquarters in Detroit. They don't like what the Government is doing and they are banding together to work against it. They generally go about their every day lives as if they are not a part of this and pray that people remain ignorant to the fact that they are. They hide behind the scenes and do many things for the resistance that is forming - such as hack into websites, try to gain information about the Government, perhaps act as double agents. It puts everyone on edge when they don't know who the Underground are. The underground's member color is 1631D5.
- Medical Staff
- Tech support
- Physical trainer
THE PUBLIC ENEMIES - The public enemies are something of a sub-division of the Underground and work with them. They are the radical ones belonging to this organised group who are so far forward with their actions that their faces are plastered all over the country on wanted posters. They're a generally reckless and dangerous bunch, and so much of a threat to the Government that should they be caught, they will be executed - after the Government tries to wring some information out of them, after all. They all have one thing in common: they hate the new regime, and they are determined to bring it down, even if it costs them their lives. Rarely do they have a problem with throwing themselves into the firing line, and a few of them have even been caught before and escaped. The public enemies' member color is D55516.
|IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH ★
YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SEREGON.
Member No.: 1
Joined: 21-January 12
LIFE IN 2025
The current president is Pandora Stern, who quite lives up to her name and the ideals of the regime. (Her playby is Judi Dench.)
IDENTIFICATION CARDS - Now at birth, each citizen is given an identification card. (Those born before have also been issued these cards as well.) This card must be visible on each citizen’s person at all times (on a lanyard or pinned to the citizen’s clothing); if a citizen goes anywhere without it, they can and will be arrested or fined (fines are typically expensive and normally can only be paid for by the Lions/Class A citizens). A microchip within each card transmits the location of each citizen. Some more other important points about identification cards:
LIVING CONDITIONS -
- Identifies your class (A – Upper Class or B – Lower Class)
- Gives all the information the government possesses about each citizen
- Allows citizens access to public institutions (must scan to enter buildings)
- Logs works hours, purchases, and all media you check out at libraries, etc.
- Is also the citizen’s driver’s license (can be scanned to add tickets to citizen’s name)
- Contains a citizen’s money
There are two official classes now, Class A (the Upper Class) and B the Lower Class). Living conditions are generally quite poor for the lower class and the middle class has completely vanished. Unless you're extremely loyal to the Government or someone connected to them, then you're probably living in something close to poverty as a Class B citizen. Because the new regime put so many companies out of business and censored so much, people were put out of jobs and the economy deteriorated greatly. Decent jobs and salaries are few and far between, and you're damn lucky if you have one. The following are also some changes to typical living in 2025’s Detroit:
- Private homes and institutions are forbidden to have their own internet
- Internet connections are only available in public places
- People cannot gather in large groups (15+ people) unless they have a permit
- Everyone must vote online (government can monitor who voted and for whom)
- Typically only Class A citizens can run for government positions
- Government announcements will be broadcast on every channel
- Every citizen has a television and the government can see if it’s on or not
- Gender roles are obsolete (except for fact that heterosexual women must contribute to the population when necessary)
- Cameras and listening devices everywhere in public
- Personal opinions/views should not be expressed in public (do not disturb the ‘peace’)
- At 16, citizens must declare either heterosexuality or homosexuality (recorded on ID)
- School is mandatory until 16 with optional two more years (paid by government)
- Free government lunches for all students
- Sports are encouraged but laden with government propaganda
Technology still exists, of course - but not as you know it now. An act was passed that completely censored the internet, effectively deleting everything on it that could possibly suggest a hint of rebellion. Instant messages and e-mails are generally monitored, although there are a few clever people in the underground who can work their way around this. Phone calls and texts are the same. People generally find it hard to communicate without worrying about being over-heard, and face-to-face meetings are far safer.
ENTERTAINMENT - While the government is oppressive, there are still forms of (watered-down) entertainment to be enjoyed by the mass; however, these are also regulated heavily by the government. Singers, actors, and celebrities are expected to follow an unspoken set of rules, and they are supposed to be the role models for the citizens. Therefore, they are supposed (notice this word cropping up a lot) to avoid ALL controversial topics and social taboos. Despite the pressure on them, entertainers are really meant for high society (aka the Lions). The lower class can't really afford to go to the movies or buy music, and compared to past years, there is a lot less being produced mainstream. In the underground, there is a trade and market for more fun forms of entertainment (much of which is from past years when censorship wasn't so heavy); however, if one is caught with such material, the penalties are quite severe. The following are other points about entertainment in this new world:
- Books, movies, etc. can be owned by anyone (but the government can search your home or person for illegal materials at any time)
- Books defaming the government cannot be owned, bought, or sold (unless you have ‘clearance’)
- Entertainment containing excessive violence, sex, or questionable morals have been censored
- Only Class A citizens/Lions can afford new media/books but second-hand things are relatively cheap (and the libraries are more expansive now to accommodate the lower class/lambs)
- All books, movies, etc. must be submitted to government for approval to be released (it is illegal to publish or release material before the government has given formal permission)
- Going to theater is expensive and only the Lions/Class A citizens can afford the luxury (second-hand copies of movies, etc. are more affordable for citizens / the government has also set up a public theater for citizens to view movies for free)
- Every household has a television or radio no matter how poor (to view government announcements / public television is made up majorly of government channels)
- At least one government announcement during each commercial break
- All expletives bleeped out, all nudity censored, and sex-scenes heavily edited
- Radio is the best way for cheap, new music (though saturated with government propaganda)
- All DJs go through a certification process and are urged to be blatantly supportive of the regime on air
- No expletives in any song (no more uncensored versions of anything are legal)
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT - Generally, police and such have been authorised to use corporeal punishment. People have been tortured for information and prisons are infamous for having people beaten in them. The law has become a lot harsher. Treason is considered the most horrific crime that a person can commit - turning against the Government, and they come down hard on it. If anyone commits treason, and is found guilty, it carries an automatic death sentence - and not only this, but their execution is televised and it's considered unpatriotic not to watch it. Executions could be hangings, the electric chair or a firing squad - and it's usually a firing squad if it's televised. More threatening that way, right? The following is information on the black market:
- pre-regime ipods and mp3 player are popular (but highly illegal)
- banned movies, music, etc. are also popular (mostly transfered through pre-regime unmicrochiped USB drives)
- many have ways of getting around internet proxies and still possess laptops, etc.
RESISTING THE GOVERNMENT - Approximately thirty months ago, the Underground was formed. This is a resistance split into two sub-sections - the underground and the public enemies. Its headquarters can be found in Detroit and it's generally considered formidable to the Government. The Underground are generally just that - underground. Most of them do research under the radar of the new regime and then act as a normal citizen and go about their daily lives - but the public enemies have been so radical and reckless that they are wanted and their faces are well-known.
HEALTHCARE - The regime pays for one yearly general check-up for every citizen no matter their class. Everyone is vaccinated at this time to prevent the spread of disease, and each citizen is given a free voucher for a flu vaccination (plus a vaccination for whatever’s prominent at the time) per person to prevent the spread of such sicknesses. Major illnesses that need government aid must submit a query, and the government only accepts the first 2,000 requests in each state. Each personal can only submit seven queries (even if the illness/diseases is different). (People over the age of fifty do not quality for queries.) Minor injuries are covered by healthcare (tetanus, animal bites, etc.), and major injuries require a free (if unable to pay, injured must either serve jail time or do community service OR a family member can serve their time).
DRUGS - They still exist, but they go a little more undetected now - and drug dealers need to lay low. But there's a new drug. It's more commonly known as Escape, but it has other variations, like The Big E and Gold Dust. It's a yellow (or gold, if you're being generous) powder and it's heaven for some. It offers an escape from the real world - a twelve to twenty-four trip where you believe everything is bliss and you forget about your awful country and life. It's highly dangerous and highly illegal - side-effects range from vomit to your heart stopping, but some just want to take that risk because they have nothing else.
|IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH ★
YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SEREGON.
Member No.: 1
Joined: 21-January 12
2012 - Prison sentences stretched and extended, the first signs of the Government cracking down. Companies are shut down and an act is passed to have the internet censored, both of which putting people out of jobs.
2013 - Capital punishment is brought back into effect across all states.
2015 - It's decided that treason carries an automatic death sentence - and treason is any act against the Government, any threat at all.
2015-2020 - Living conditions deteriorate, and as a result, people are out on the streets or in poor conditions. The crime rate creeps back up a little.
2020 - Pandora Stern is sworn into the office of President of the United States of America.
2021 - Televised executions come into play to scare people into submission.
2022 - The resistance - known as the Underground begins to form.
2024 - President Stern begins her second term.
2025 - By now, there's a full on war between the Underground and the Government. The Government try hard to keep their iron hold and the Underground refuse to submit to them entirely, despite knowing the risk.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)