Updated as necessary.
1. What is "neo-noir sci-fi?" Good question! It means that, though our board takes place on other worlds and has advanced technology to create androids with, the universe is a little more gritty, a little more "realistic." There aren't too many "outlandish" technologies that are found in most sci-fi. Think of us more in the Firefly genre rather than the Star Trek one.
2. Are all the canon characters alive? Yes! This is an AU Prometheus site in which all the crew members from Prometheus are still alive. Once you pick a canon character, you can decide on your own how they got our of their supposedly deadly situation. Maybe they were quarantined, maybe they got the medical attention they needed...whatever it is, just make sure you don't stray too far from canon.
3. Prometheus is still destroyed, right? And more of it is left intact since the plot said we are trying to piece together what's left? Parts of the ship are intact, but the engine is down, and some sections of the ship are completely destroyed. The control room isn't looking too hot. There's quite a bit of work that needs to be done before they can get that bird in the air again.
4. How did the Prometheus crash into the engineer ship, was it on autopilot? Good question! Although the Prometheus crash is--without a doubt--epic beyond epic, it would leave them with no ship to salvage. I would say that Janek, being the expert pilot he is, intended to go down with his ship but somehow managed to manipulate the ship in such a way that it burst straight through the Engineer's ship. Maybe the Prometheus is just that hardy of a little ship. The details don't have to be entirely clear--even to the pilot of the people watching below. Smoke. Explosions. A destroyed Engineer ship. Prometheus probably crash-landed a little bit away, engines down, busted to shit, but enough of a ship left to try to recreate the beast.
5. So is the creature that Shaw birthed still out there somewhere? Its not aboard Prometheus still is it? And what about the "Deacon"? There are plenty of creepy-crawlings still roaming about LV-223. Including the Deacon. Tread carefully, you never know what you might run into...
6. Would a Bellerophon android have a number associated with its name, or not? Yes! All androids have a model number.
7. Can I create an alien? Yes and no? Since we're in Ridley Scott world, there aren't "aliens" in the Star Trek sense of the world. We have Engineers, who are the only alien species, and they're not playable. Of course, we also have giant alien monsters and facehuggers, but those are also not playable.
There is one condition under which we could accept a sentient alien character. If your Alien is a parasite and attaches to a human, living inside that human skin a la Species, then we'd be willing to bring you in. The alien character would have to stay in that human skin and would have the same age, membergroup, etc, that the human normally would have. Only they've been infected with a little alien parasite or bacteria bit. There's quite a bit of strangeness going on in Angkor...who knows what the people are being infected with?
8. Can I use a cartoon or drawn picture for my avatar? For the sake of consistency, we'd like to keep all avatars their play-by faceclaims. We do have an OOC forum, where you can showcase your artwork if you feel inspired!
9. What is the canon time line? Since we are based off of the works of Ridley Scott, it goes something like this:
2012: Peter Weyland founds Weyland Industries.
2093: The events of Prometheus occur (current time frame of the board).
2122: The events of the Alien film occur.
????: In a distant, but pending future, the events of Blade Runner take place. Yes, I'm fully aware that Blade Runner "technically takes place in year 2019, pre-Prometheus. However, for the purposes of them all lining up, that doesn't jive well with me, especially since the androids seem far more advanced and planet earth is so rundown it's all but post-apocalyptic.
Clearly, you don't have to see any of these movies to have a good time here. This is strictly for the sci-fi nerds (like Boots and Kitty) who want to put a method to the madness.
10. When was Belleprophen Industries created, and when was the first Andrew (if there is more) created/produced? Good questions! Bellerophon was created by Mr. Bellerophon around the time that Weyland started up his company...so I would say around the 2030s. Andrew was also created around that time as a medical android. Naturally, like all androids, he had different models and upgrades and such.
11. What are the living conditions, etc, on Earth like now? Earth, as it currently stands, has a couple defining characteristics. Humans have taken a toll on the environment, making it highly polluted. The technology race is huge--akin to the space race or the nuclear race. Countries are divided with respect to their tech-skills. China develops a lot of the tech and America takes a lot of the credit (same old, same old).
A lot of people have moved on to other colonies to take advantage of the work opportunities there. The people that stay on earth usually stay for nostalgic value or because they can't afford to leave. News of evidence of our "creators" on LV-223 really shook Earth, especially the religious fractions. Religious riots are common in lesser policed states. Police and military presence is heavy in "high risk" areas.
On the flip side, Weyland Industries has its headquarters on Earth, as do many other major technology companies and android factories. There's a pretty large gap between the wealthy and the poor.