Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Hey everyone

Welcome to the new Arcadepimp.

This forum was created dedicating to the good past times of when Scott aka Argonaut ran the website arcadepimp.com. It helped bring alot of players such as myself, together myself to meet others that played tekken.

With the release of TTT2 and the rise of other fighting games, instead of being an exclusive group on Facebook putting up with the clunky layout we needed to deal with, me and Willus thought we should use this forum for communicating with one another instead.

Please feel free to use these boards however you want as long as you are posting in the corresponding sections, following guidelines and generally being sensible. Also of course anyone can join and post so please spread the word and enjoy.

Thanks
Erks

Name:   Password:

Marvel General, strategy/tactics
Clausewitz
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:09 PM

Mentor

Group: Member
Member No.: 34

Got this game about 2-3 weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I've had a handful of on-line matches (<3 the latency adjuster in training), and a handful of games against Nigel. Win/Loss has been pretty crappy, but learning a game from the ground up is never easy.

Anyway life story aside. I plan to put as much (of my own) discovered info into this thread as possible - will most likely be sporadic. I encourage everyone who wishes to do the same...shoryuken's full of too many marvel monkeys

Task(y-AerialShot), Dorm (b-Pillar), Doom (y-MolecularS)

Decided to settle on this line-up. I tested every character but this team seems right style wise for me - I feel this team plays good zone, and a competent rush-down when required, easy DHC options, easy TAC's. I never feel the stress of building meter with this team either, generally builds enough as the match progresses without really aiming for it

Taskmaster- Task seems to have everything to compete, just no air-dash.

s.L - quick, short-range poke. i've become very sparing with this moves application. seems to lose outright against c.L, as most characters duck directly underneath it during the trade. best used to keep momentum during a string, or any time you hold the aggressive lead. during ground-dash exchanges this moves usefulness goes up up a little, seems to win a lot of trades i thought it wouldn't.

s.M - I've found this to be his most consistent poke. Covers a large area directly in front of Task and protects the top/front of his head quite well. Links quite easily, and the window seems rather large. good all-round poke, not much else to be said.

s.H - i've got mixed feelings about this move. it covers a decent enough arc ahead of Task but because it hits from bottom-to-top, aerial attacks can pose a threat as the sword will not be in position on time...this could get damaging quickly if your opponent picks up on the tendency. Seems to work okay against regular jump-ins, hit's that sweet spot

s.S - I prefer to take the f+H route over this in combo's. The range seems really deceptive and it can kill a combo opportunity outright when it whiffs. Maybe using it in preparation against a short-range poke (c.L, s.L). The animation moves Task slightly forward, the start-up is respectable, and the hit-box is a decent size.

I'll post some more later.
ComboFriend
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:12 PM

Fraud

Member No.: 15

Wolv (Slash) Zero (DP) Sent (Drones)

Also why use latency trainer? That totally puts your input out...

--------------------
Hi.
Clausewitz
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:16 PM

Mentor

Same line-up you posted on Facebook. what are the pro's and con's of your team?
ComboFriend
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 05:33 PM

Fraud

Cons: Low Heath, Swiss cheese, Sentinel.

Pros: Mixup game with Zero, Sentinel.

--------------------
Hi.
IsshunSengeki
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 06:15 PM

Legendary Scrub

Member No.: 29

I've all but given up on random online matches in Marvel because the netcode is somewhat subpar and my wireless connection isn't great because the walls in my house are made of concrete for some reason.

The team I've been using thus far is in my signature.
Dante with Weasel Shot, Frank with Shopping Cart, and Wesker with OTG Gunshot.
No doubt you guys have seen the billions of "Dante + Frank West = BFFLs" videos on youtube, and I decided to jump on the bandwagon.
In terms of order, Dante and Frank are kind of interchangeable. I start with Frank if levelling up/instant level 5 is important for me, or if the matchup can handle it. If I'm put up against a more zoning-oriented team, then Dante would go first because he's more versatile. Wesker is anchor because Dark Wesker and I don't do charity.
Which doesn't really matter because I'm pretty free in this game, anyway.

--------------------
Never trust a supervillain to do your laundry!
SFIV: Cody|TTT2: Lars+Miguel/Bryan|KOF XIII: EX Kyo/K'/Shen
Clausewitz
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 06:32 PM

Mentor

Zero's mix-up game is just heinous...seems whatever I do I'm eventually getting whacked by something.
Laigerzero
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 07:21 PM

Grand Master

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9

A couple of things:

1. Change your assists to Task-alpha/Dorm-alpha/Doom-alpha or beta. Your current assists choices are very sub-optimal and do not have very good synergy with each other.

2. In regards to the task normals, the only ones worth using in pokes are cr.l, cr.m, f+h at max range, b+h if cancelled into qcf+s or L arrows and j.H. The rest of his normals are only there to be used for combo filling. Also his s.l is used as an anti-air, but it can lose to air normals with a big hitbox i.e. Wesker j.S. You can use st.S as a replacement since it has a bigger hitbox, but it is really unsafe if blocked.
noodalls
Posted: Jan 23 2012, 07:55 PM

Brawler

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (IsshunSengeki @ Jan 23 2012, 06:15 PM)
I've all but given up on random online matches in Marvel because the netcode is somewhat subpar and my wireless connection isn't great because the walls in my house are made of concrete for some reason.

Sounds like you should play wired.
noodalls
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 06:05 PM

Brawler

Member No.: 23

Who should I add to finish my team. Currently using Chris/Sent/Doom, but not particularly set on doom.
ComboFriend
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 11:09 PM

Fraud

Dorm, more screen coverage.

--------------------
Hi.
Clausewitz
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 03:52 PM

Mentor

QUOTE (noodalls @ Mar 25 2012, 06:05 PM)
Who should I add to finish my team. Currently using Chris/Sent/Doom, but not particularly set on doom.

You should play Raccoon and the rest random'd...keep it fair n all

but in reference to the question I don't think it matters too much for your third; chris/sent has all the synergy you need, like you can ToD without the third character playing a part at all. maybe having a speedy, individual anchor like wesker or strider could cover some holes that chris/sent have to deal with (I noticed if I get locked down I can't do too much because of chris and sents limited/slow movements). Skrull has some huge potential in turning losing games around too (more so than most of the cast), and is worthy of a mention for viable anchors.

in all fairness though I don't have much experience with your team, just issues I've noticed when I've mucked around with it
IsshunSengeki
Posted: May 31 2012, 02:13 PM

Legendary Scrub

http://www.brokentier.com/blogs/news/61032...ist-part-1-of-3

Viscant takes up Seth Killian's challenge of creating a team tier list for UMvC3.
He says that the top team in the game is Zero-any/Dante-a/Vergil-y, followed by Morrigan-y/Doom-b/X, then Viper-b/Dante-a/Strider-y.

I love how he says that individual character rankings in UMvC3 are essentially meaningless because of the game's team-based nature, and then ignores his own statement by listing the best teams based on key characters. More irony than steel.

--------------------
IsshunSengeki
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 10:06 AM

Legendary Scrub

Also, Zero-a/Dante-a/Vergil-y is broken.

--------------------
« Next Oldest | Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options Quick Reply

Open Chat

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5432 seconds | Archive