Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Aoharaido. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME
Welcome to the Aoharaido forum! This forum is an extension to Aoharaido, and is here for you to discuss everything AHR, or even more! Enjoy your stay.

Aoharaido
CHAT BOX

BOX TITLE
Here's another box, for whatever purpose you need. Post news, images, interesting links or add a shoutbox here.

Noob's Translation
kurini
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:07 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

So, this is the first part of my really but really horrible translation, I hope someone can redo it all! I would be really embarassed if someone use my translation to make the scans again! >-< Somehow, it's not really translation, it's just the overall context... . anyway, enjoy! Thank you so much Chyyylol and Tofu! My cantonese compatriots!

Page 2 (according to the left bottom corner of the page)
Kou: So this time, shall we go… (something like that)
P. 4
Futaba: But that day, Shuuko and Yuuri said they have to go out with their families… and maybe Kominato too…
Kou: I already know that.
Futaba: That means it will be only the two of us?
Kou:…
Kou: It’s fine if you don’t want to go
Futaba: Want to go! I want to go!
p.5
Kou: You should have say so since the start! Idiot!
Futaba: ah
Futaba thinks : What to do? I’m really happy right now! I really want to scream now!
Bubbles: The two of us!! Festival…!!
Futaba: ah. …Yukata… Should I wear it… (?)
p.6
Futaba: Today I didn’t get to wear one
Futaba thinks: If I wear a yukata, I have to do my hairs and make it looks cute… also after…
Kou: Something about sumo that I can’t translate…
Futaba:How mean! Apologize!
Kou: It hurts! Don’t use you pig’s foot to kick me-
Futaba: Pig’s foot?! What do you mean
p.7
Futaba: I really feel that Kou’s smile (laugh?) is different from before?
Futaba thinks: Seeing him making with an expression, why would I be upset (upset about the pig’s conversation? Idk…)
Futaba: Ah hahaha
p.8
Kou: Yukata
Kou: You should wear it.
Kou: I want to see
ba-dump
Futaba thinks : It makes my heart beats really fast
Bubble: So, I will go this way…
Bubble: So, it’s settle
Bubble: …yes
p.9
Kou: so, I will go
Futaba: Wait!
Futaba: I want to stay with you a little bit longer
p.10
kou: … why?
Futaba:… I don’t want to go home yet
Futaba thinks: ... Did I say something overboard? !
Futaba: Because … Because I suddenly have that feeling? !
p.11
Kou: You should not let other guys saw thought you that easily… (meaning it’s pretty clear that she want to stay with him because of some romantic feeling?) You don’t know what will happen next.
Futaba: But Kou
Futaba: Will do nothing at all?
Kou: Even if it’s me
Kou: There is no garanty (OH DAMN! HEART ATTACK!)
p.12
Futaba: …but I
Futaba: Maybe
Futaba: I’m not scared of Kou…
p.13:
Kou: wait wait
Kou: Can’t be like that (WHYYY??)
Kou: If not, it will lead to something (SO LET IT BE)
Kou: I will take you home
Kou: Let’s go
Futaba thinks: Earlier… I did something even I wouldn’t thought I would do….! It’s because it’s summer time?
Futaba: Thank you for taking me home.
p.14
Futaba thinks: Not reading the atmosphere and doing something like that is not right (you know, she still thinks of Yuuri)
Kou: oh…
Kou: Earlier, you had that determinated face (expression?) , what did you really want to say?
Futaba: oh really?
Futaba thinks: I want to say it in a more cuter way… that’s why now it’s not the right timing
Kou: Oh, well…
p.15
Kou: So, I will go now
Futaba: yeah, see you at the festival
Futaba thinks:I find… really good….this feeling (emotion, sensation?)…
Futaba bubble: It’s this feeling!

p.16: (thanks Tofu!)
futaba [thoughts]: step by step, we're getting closer to each other
futaba [thoughts]: we're just 1 cm apart from talking and attitude [it's hard to translate this, so please correct this!]
fx: -heart beating sound-
Futaba [thoughts]: So it makes my heart race and it feels good?
futaba [thoughts]: no matter what I'm really looking forward to this
futaba: MOM! take out the yukata!
futaba [thoughts]: on the day of the summer matsuri (festival) I want to wear yukata and have a cute hairstyle and say to you, "i like you"

p.17
Futaba: Huh?
Kou: Sorry
Kou: The festival, I can’t go
Kou: Suddenly, something happened, so I can’t make it.
Kou: I’m really sorry…
Futaba: oh…
p.18
Futaba: I see… um, I understand
Futaba thinks: Using this sincere voice to tell me… I can’t say anything back… But “wear a yukata” “I want to see” He said that, right?
p.19:
Futaba thinks: If he can’t make it, it can’t be helped
Futaba: Why we can’t go once again?
Futaba thinks: Making me experience this feeling of disappointment… So, let’s do something else to compense it. Making the “1cm” distance feeling go away… (Really, This whole page is not accurate)
Bubble: Futaba! Shuuko!
Bubble: Yuuri!
p.20
Yuuri: Those two are not here yet?
Murao: um.
Futaba: You have a big bag!
Yuuri: I bought a lot of present !
Bubble: Today is a gift exchange activity.
Yuuri: This is very delicous
Futaba thinks: Since last time Kou hasn’t contact me… until today… (means they would see each others, Kou still hasn’t tell her anything)
Futaba bubble: I thought last time, the atmosphere (?) with Kou was pretty good…

p.21
Futaba thinks: Am I the only one who think like this?
Bubble: Futaba, at something-day, where did you go?
Futaba: uh, nowhere
Bubble: ah, it’s that so…
Bubble: In reality
p.22
Futaba: I and Kou were supposed to go to this town’s festival , that’s why he doesn’t gave time (HUH, this chinese version one doesn’t make sense to me, so… my translation is surely wrong)
Futaba: Sorry yuuri
Futaba: It’s the day you weren’t here that we made the promise… the two of us
Bubble: Futaba is really frank
Futaba: because it’s yuuri
Futaba: Even if it’s like that, I’m sure there will be a lot of things yuuri won’t know that will appear (??)
p.23
Yuuri: Things like that, I won’t think that far
Yuuri: Because I
Yuuri: Already confess!
Futaba and Murao: HUH?
p.24
Yuuri: But I got rejected hehehe
Futaba thinks: At this moment, I don’t know what to say
Yuuri: I just chose the right timing to confess
Yuuri: That’s why Futaba should do that too
p.25
yuuri: You should not worry too much
Futaba thinks: She chose the best way to make me feel easy
Bubble: That’s sure, no need to worry
Yuuri: haaha
Futaba thinks: Yuuri sure is strong
Bubble: Ah kominato!
Kominato: Wa, this shop is refreshing , it’s too hot outside
Kominato: Ah, Kou sended a message
p.26
Kominato: He can’t come today
Futaba: huh, why?
Kominato: Recently, even if I call him, he doesn’t answer
Kominato: That guy doesn’t even want to go out
Kominato: But, even if he doesn’t immediately reply my text messages, he does reply.
Yuuri: did something happen?
Bubble: Did you heard anything Futaba?
Futaba: no… he didn’t tell me any details about it…
p.27
Futaba thinks: Kou, did something happen to him…?
“Suddenly, something happened, so I can’t make it.”
Futaba thinks: Something related to what he did? Or something else?
Futaba thinks: I really see Kou in the next activity soon. Making this uneasy feeling to disappear

p.28
Futaba thinks: But, in the end . The summer vacation ended in the way we couldn’t contact Kou. (… I should rephrase this…)
p.29
Teacher: Everyone get in line and we’ll go to the gym’s assembly
Teacher: Hey, quickly guys
Futaba: Kou didn’t come…
Kominato: It’s no use, he doesn’t answer the phone no matter how many times I call him
Kominato: Maybe he just overslept?
Futaba: Kou… What happened? It can’t be he…

p.30
Futaba thinks: Like the last time… he will suddenly disappear again??
Teacher:blablabla
Futaba: no, he must have overslept.. right now… he should have just make it to school…it’s must be like that…

p.31
Kou: Hey
Futaba: Really! Did you know how worried I was?! Just a ‘hey’?
Kou: It’s hurt
Kou: Don’t use your pig’s foot to-
Bubble: How mean, forget about it
Bubble: I went to nagano (?? Nagasomething?)
Futaba: Oh, the place you used to be before
Kou: um.
Futaba thinks: So, he was busy with her mother’s things
Kou: Once I was there, I was busy helping out the store
Futaba: This kind of things, why didn’t you said earlier?? We were-
Kominato:ah Kou!!
p.33
Kominato: What? You overslept?
Kou: yeah, I got out in time.. but on my way, I saw a cat at the station. It doesn’t look well so I took it to the vet, and got late
Futaba: You mean that black cat?
Kou: um
Kou: The vet said it is not eating well but I already helped it
p.34
Kou: There is only me to take care of it
Futaba: You took him home?
Kominato: Did you think of a name?
Bubble: If not, then let me decide
Kou: no way
Kominato: why?
Kou; you will come up with some weird name…

p.35
Futaba thinks: Kou’s smile… did it change again? (yeah.. the fake one again -.-)
Futaba thinks: Or, did I think too much?
Futaba: yeah, I must be wrong
Futaba: ah

OMG, I'm finally done after 2 hours and a half.... I'm really sleepy right now so my translation is surely messed up... I'm sorry... I hope you will understand...

ah... a month of wait again... T___T
amatsu
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:27 AM

Member No.: 40

Thank you kurini!!! *HUGS* Now I'm going to read it! THANKS!
chyyyy
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:42 AM

Member No.: 45

HOPE THIS HELPS smile.gif

P36
FUTABA nodded and is thinking that although she made a sound unintentionally, she doesn¡¦t have the meaning to have random accost...
GG-kun: ¡§thank you during the firework display!¡¨ ¡§holiday has ended.¡¨
FUTABA: ¡§um¡Kyes.¡¨
GG-kun: ¡§um...it seems that I havn¡¦t asked your name!¡¨ ¡§me, touma.¡¨ (actually he said his full name)
FUTABA: ¡§I am Futaba Yoshioka.¡¨

P37
GG-kun: ¡§Class 5.¡¨
FUTABA: ¡§¡Kah. Um I¡¦m class 2.¡¨
GG-kun: ¡§I am so hungry. Wanna go back home earlier. Don¡¦t you think that the opening ceremony is kinda unnecessary?¡¨
FUTABA is thinking: ¡§He¡¦s like this kind of straight guy? Seems like another person.¡¨
FUTABA: ¡§Thank you.¡¨
gg-kun: ¡§?¡¨

P38
FUTABA: ¡§Ah. I¡¦m thinking if you are taking to me because you don¡¦t want me to feel embarrassed.¡¨ ¡§If I think wrong, then I¡¦m sorry.¡¨
GG-kun¡¦s face turns red, saying ¡§How can you know this?¡¨ ¡§Is that so unnatural?¡¨
Futaba thinks: so red. He¡¦s really straining himself?

P39
gg-kun: ¡§my¡Kface is turning so red now, right?¡¨
futaba nodded
gg-kun: ¡§may be it¡¦s [disease of face turning red]¡¨ *(im sorry dunno what it is.) ¡§It¡¦s really annoying¡¨
futaba: ¡§but it¡¦s fortunate, it¡¦s more free to talk.¡¨ ¡§I do think¡K..¡¨ ¡§not so man?¡¨ (sorry!!! I can find a word. Futaba is not saying gg-kun is not ¡§man¡¨)
gg-kun: ¡§being described as not like a man¡¨ ¡§really can¡¦t be happy.¡¨

P40
Futaba: ¡§No. my meaning is not saying that you are not like a man. My meaning is¡K.¡¨ ¡§I¡¦m sorry.¡¨
gg-kun thinks: ¡§so straight.¡¨
Futaba noticed kou. ¡§Ah!¡¨ ¡§Kou.¡¨

P41
Futaba: ¡§classwide meeting hasn¡¦t ended yet!?¡¨
Kou: ¡§the cat!¡¨ ¡§I¡¦m worring about the cat, so I¡¦m gonna to take the cat back.¡¨

P42
Kou: ¡§i'm leaving." (right after seeing futaba and touma)
Futaba: ¡§tomorrow! Cant be late again!¡¨
Futaba thinks: ¡§he disappear unconsciously.¡¨

P43
¡§kou is the one who like a cat¡¨
gg-kun thinks: ¡§Ah. Yoshioka and that person¡K.¡¨
gg-kun: ¡§well¡KI¡¦m leaving now then.¡¨
Futaba: ¡§Ah! Ok! Bye.¡¨

P44
gg-kun: "the first time I saw her, I thought she was an annoying person. She is different from what I thought. That person...¨

P45
"can't imagine that she would have that kind of expression." "i'm surprised".
gg-kun's friends: "ahah, you're so late." "Constipation?" "but what happened to you, touma?" "your face is so red"
gg-kun: "eh?"

P46
"eh?!"
futaba thinks: at that night, we did have 1cm distance left. If only we are still like this."

( I'm thinking that their relationship has changed from the last sentence of futaba!? She's like saying that the distance is becoming bigger and bigger!...T_T)
aya<3
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:24 PM

Member No.: 116

You guys totally just made my day. Thank you guys so much for translating. Even if you guys don't think it's accurate, it still helps me understand what's going on! You guys rock!
minja
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:35 PM

Member No.: 66

wow, except for the details, i actually pretty much got the gist of the chapter without knowing any chinese haha, i'm shocked.

I wonder what's wrong withh Kou exactly... there's practically the whole summer, loads of stuff could've happened... and just when things were going so great.. *sigh*
ayu
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:51 PM

Member No.: 142

I feel so bad for Futaba. She didn't get to go to the festival with Kou again. SOBS
Kuran
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:13 PM

Member No.: 154

Thanks for the translation & if Kou doesnt shape up its his loss!!
Saoyouri
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 02:17 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 64

OMG guys, really thank you so much for the translation! You really did a great job x333

AND WHAT DID I TELL!?
I KNOW that Touma-kun would fall in love with Futaba! He is the man who makes Kou jealous xD I´D KNOW THAT! haha

The chapter was great, especially the scene with Kou and Futaba, my heart bumbed a little x3 But besides of that little scene, there wasn´t really much in this chapter, but it´s alright^^ They have to excist chapters which are not really exciting^^

But I´m really asking, what happend to Kou again...I could imagine that he thinks "What I´m doing?" I could tell that he called the festival off, because he thought that he overdid it and that what he wants to do is not good for him....The whole think with Futaba I mean...I think he doesn´t want to come near her and that´s why he canceled the festival.
Poor Futaba =(

--------------------
user posted image
Lilian
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 03:56 PM

Member No.: 78

Thank you for the translation!

But really, what's going wrong with Kou? When he and Futaba were on the phone and he said he couldn't come (again fkldsjfsl;adkjf), I started wondering if something's wrong with his family again. I got so worried! And when Futaba said something about his (fake) smile... I just want to know more about Kou! I want Futaba to crush that wall and make him more honest about his own feelings.
And don't just push Futaba away, Kou! That little scene was so cute. :3
Oh, and I'm starting to like Touma more and more. He's so cute when he blushes. ^^
Anyway, thanks again for the translation!
mimiyow
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 04:41 PM

Member No.: 106

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dbzrox4ever
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 07:02 PM

Member No.: 29

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much for the translations! We really appreciate this!

Blargh!! Stupid Kou! Why'd you have to go and close your heart again?! And not to mention cancel the date. I was looking forward to that. I thought we were done with the whole issue with his mom. I hope it's not the same issue again because I've passed the point where I can sympathize with him.

And Touma's already fallen for her?? Characters seem to fall in love really easily in this manga. But I'm hoping that Touma will be able to bring Kou back from wherever he is to where he belongs-by Futaba's side. But the colour page seems to give the premonition of something dark and stormy coming up. I really wanted a nice, happy chapter too. Kou better man up and stop acting so weak because depending on Touma's (How adorable is he? XD) actions I might just switch sides.

I really,really need to see what Kou's thinking too.I can't figure him out at all. We need to see things from his perspective, more specifically his feelings towards Futaba. One of the reasons why I love Kimi Ni Todoke is because I know how Kazehaya feels. Kou is still very ambiguous to me.

I hope the atmosphere of the next chapter will be better. I miss Tanaka-sensei too. I hope Kou doesn't do something to hurt Futaba because I think that's what's going to happen when she tries to help him again this time.

Waah.I didn't like this chapter at all. I hope this gets resolved quickly and Kou opens his heart for good. I really want to see some couple development.

Mela
  Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:32 PM

Member No.: 180

Thank you very much!!
Enim
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:59 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3

Thank you so very much for all your effort!!!
GG-kun. Adorable. I'm oficially in love with him now *3*.

--------------------
TEAM GG!
rani
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:32 PM

Member No.: 72

QUOTE (dbzrox4ever @ Apr 11 2012, 07:02 PM)
Waah.I didn't like this chapter at all. I hope this gets resolved quickly and Kou opens his heart for good. I really want to see some couple development.

i dont like this chapter either!! waiting for one month only for this??? stupid kou, i might rooting for touma if kou continues like this. i like guys who knows what he wants and go for it..... like andou, or rei koshino from Mars who is obviously more seriously mental defect from broken family problems.....

gwaaaah, dont know what to say.....
Kana chan
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:32 PM

Member No.: 93

Really, thank you for your translation. You're the best! <3 wub.gif
Enim
  Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:48 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (rani @ Apr 11 2012, 02:32 PM)
i dont like this chapter either!! waiting for one month only for this??? stupid kou, i might rooting for touma if kou continues like this. i like guys who knows what he wants and go for it..... like andou, or rei koshino from Mars who is obviously more seriously mental defect from broken family problems.....

OH God! Rei! REI! REI! That's a dark god fallen to earth! *3*
(I completly agree with you in all.)

--------------------
TEAM GG!
minja
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:26 PM

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Enim @ Apr 11 2012, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (rani @ Apr 11 2012, 02:32 PM)

OH God! Rei! REI! REI! That's a dark god fallen to earth! *3*
(I completly agree with you in all.)

ah i love Mars haha <3

anyways, Kou better start shaping up, or Touma's gonna steal Futaba away~ i love you though touma, too bad that it probabably can't end well with that, but you never know, this manga keeps surprising me
Enim
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:22 AM

Advanced Member

I don't know if it will be useful now, but here's the revised version of chapter 16 -> http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1508023136

--------------------
TEAM GG!
Nily
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:31 AM

Member No.: 7

Thank you for the translation !!!!! *3*
I didn't expect it so early ^w^

Just want to say : Waah Kou really... You... >.<

--------------------
user posted image
[Sorry if I had a bad english T.T]
bla
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 02:41 AM

Member No.: 39

thanks fot the translation!! <333
amipurple
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 03:25 AM

Member No.: 192

thanks for the translations!! biggrin.gif

This chapter was such a roller coaster for me! I had a lot of hopes for their date (as did Futaba I'm sure) and then... nothing! waaahh...

and I think GG-kun will be a serious competitor since Futaba doesn't have her guard up with him first because of "the incident" and then because she doesn't think of him like a "guy"... I think Kou is totally in love with Futaba but there is something holding him back... I hope he doesn't give up and tell Futaba to just go for GG-kun!! dry.gif

and now we have a whole other month to go before any new developments!!!! waaaaahhhh!! sad.gif
Saoyouri
  Posted: Apr 12 2012, 03:39 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (amipurple @ Apr 11 2012, 08:25 PM)
thanks for the translations!! biggrin.gif

This chapter was such a roller coaster for me! I had a lot of hopes for their date (as did Futaba I'm sure) and then... nothing! waaahh...

and I think GG-kun will be a serious competitor since Futaba doesn't have her guard up with him first because of "the incident" and then because she doesn't think of him like a "guy"... I think Kou is totally in love with Futaba but there is something holding him back... I hope he doesn't give up and tell Futaba to just go for GG-kun!! dry.gif

and now we have a whole other month to go before any new developments!!!! waaaaahhhh!! sad.gif

I think it´s sad that Kou seems to change again, but something had to happen in the family, that makes him change.
But if he has good reasons for that change...Well he lost his mother three years ago I could understand that he didn´t overcome the whole situation yet...

I hope he will see the light at the end of the tunnel xD I really hope so =) I´m looking forward to the day when he realises his feelings for Futaba. But until that day he has to overcome his own problems, I can understand that^^" He needs time^^"

I really hope he will become closer to Futaba x333

--------------------
user posted image
yoonmi
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:50 PM

Member No.: 110

Hi, everyone! I've been getting requests to typeset the translations for this chapter like I did for 15, but are you guys okay with this? (Just in case you aren't comfortable with the translations...) If I posted my proofreadings, would it be okay if you guys helped me make it more accurate? ^q^ If not, I'm completely okay with that hurhurrr

Let me know! biggrin.gif
Janne Da Arc
  Posted: Apr 12 2012, 11:49 PM

Member No.: 216

thanks for the translation!!
Saoyouri
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 12:21 AM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (yoonmi @ Apr 12 2012, 03:50 PM)
Hi, everyone! I've been getting requests to typeset the translations for this chapter like I did for 15, but are you guys okay with this? (Just in case you aren't comfortable with the translations...) If I posted my proofreadings, would it be okay if you guys helped me make it more accurate? ^q^ If not, I'm completely okay with that hurhurrr

Let me know! biggrin.gif

Of course we would help =DD (Well, I can only speak for myself xD)

--------------------
user posted image
fromthedepths
  Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:21 AM

Member No.: 224

I'm an English native-speaker who took a few years of Chinese, so I can probably help proofread a bit. Don't know how much help I will be with more complex stuff though. smile.gif
yoonmi
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 07:55 AM

Okay, great!! biggrin.gif I'll start proofreading in a bit~
Enim
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 08:36 AM

Advanced Member

Ueeeeps!*3*
I already said it, but some of the translators said that the chinese scans where weird and I noticed that the scanlators posted a proofread version of the chapter here-> http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1508023136 (don't know if it'll be useful now that the translations are alredy done but just in case...xD)

--------------------
TEAM GG!
yoonmi
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 10:40 AM

PHEW! So I managed to finish this proofreading! Please read it line by line with the comic if you have the time! ; u ; Some text looks like it's missing, and I really need help with places where I put question marks on it. Any help would be super awesome! ; ▽ ; Ah, and some name indicators might be missing because I pasted them at the end and rushed while doing so geheh.

Let's go together this time.
(Trying to match my previous editing.)

Futaba: But on that day, Shuuko and Yuuri will be out with their families... and maybe Kominato, too...
Kou: I know that already.
Futaba: ... So it'll just be the two of us?
Kou: ... It's fine if you don't want to go.
Futaba: No! I want to go!!

Kou: You should have said that in the beginning /idiot
Futaba: Ow.
Futaba: What do I do? I'm so happy right now! I feel like screaming!!
Futaba: Just us!! At the festival!!
Futaba: Ah. ...My yukata. Should I wear it?

Futaba: I didn't get to wear it today.
Futaba: If I wear a yukata, I can make my hair look cute, and afterwards...
Kou: But if you wore a yukata, wouldn't you just look like a sekitori sumo wrestler*? /a top-level sumo wrestler
Futaba: How rude! /apologize!
Kou: Ouch! Don't use your pig's foot to kick me—
Futaba: Pig's foot?! /what does that mean?

Futaba: Somehow, Kou's laugh seems different from before.
Futaba: Seeing such an expression doesn't make me upset anymore.
Futaba: Ahahaha!

Kou: The yukata. You should wear it. I want to see.
Futaba: That just made my heart race.
Kou: So... I'm going that way.
Futaba: Then it's settled.
Kou: ... Yeah.

Kou: Alright... I'm leaving.
Futaba: Wait!
Futaba: I want to stay with you a little more.

Kou: ... Why?
Futaba: ... I don't want to go home yet.
Futaba: Did I just say something extreme?
Futaba: It's because... because I suddenly felt like it?!

Kou: I said it before. If you let other guys see that vulnerable side of yours, you don't know what might happen.
Futaba: But Kou won't do anything.
Kou: Even if it's me, you can't know for sure. (I didn't want to use "guarantee" because it rhymes LOL.)

Futaba: But what if I'm not afraid of you?

Kou: Wait, wait.
Kou: No way. (The word balloon is tiny OTL.) It'll lead to something. I'll take you home. Let's go.
Futaba: Just now, I said something I wouldn't normally say... I guess the summer night got to me?!
Futaba: Thanks for taking me home.

Futaba: Misreading the atmosphere and doing something like that is wrong. (? Please help!)
Kou: Oh—
Earlier, you looked determined to say something. What was it?
Futaba: Oh... really?
Futaba: I want to say it more cutely... Now isn't a good time.
Kou: Oh... alright.

Kou: Then I'm leaving.
Futaba: Yeah. See you at the festival!
Futaba: It feels so lovely. This feeling...
Futaba: is exactly this feeling!

Futaba: Step by step, we're getting a bit closer.
We're just 1 centimeter away from reaching each other's feelings.
It makes me so happy my heart starts to race. I'm definitely looking forward to this!
Mom! Take out the yukata!
On the day of the summer festival, I want to wear my yukata with a cute hairstyle and say, "I like you."

Futaba: Huh?
Kou: Sorry. I can't make it to the festival. Something happened all of a sudden, so I can't go. I'm really sorry.
Futaba: Ah...

Futaba: I see! ... Um, I understand.
Futaba: Using such a sincere voice to tell me... I can't say anything back. But... ["The yukata. You should wear it."] ["I want to see."] He said that, didn't he?

Futaba: If he can't make it, then it can't be helped. We weren't able to go this time, either. That feeling of being just 1 centimeter apart is fading away.
Yuuri: Futaba! Shuuko!
Someone: Yuuri—

Yuuri: The other two aren't here yet?
Shuuko: Yeah.
Futaba: You're carrying such a big bag!
Yuuri: It's because I bought a lot of gifts!
Futaba: Today, we're exchanging gifts with each other.
Yuuri: This is really delicious!
Futaba: Kou hasn't said anything since last time until today.
I thought we had a good atmosphere at that time.

Futaba: Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that.
Someone: Futaba, where did you go that other day?
Futaba: Oh... nowhere special.
Someone: Is that so...
Futaba: Um, actually... (The first part of the word bubble is TINY pfff.)

Futaba: Kou and I were supposed to go to the summer festival, but something happened with him, and he couldn't make it.
Futaba: Sorry, Yuuri. You weren't here when we made that promise... with just the two of us.
Yuuri: Futaba is really candid about this.
Futaba: It's because Yuuri... (?)

Yuuri: About that... I won't be thinking too much of it anymore. Because I already confessed!
F&S: Eh?!

Yuuri: I got rejected, though. Hehehe.
I don't know what to say in this kind of situation.
I just chose a good time to confess and did it. Futaba should do the same.

Yuuri: You shouldn't worry about it too much.
Futaba: She really knows how to make me feel more at ease.
You're right. There's no need to worry!
Yuuri: Ahaha!
Futaba: Yuuri is so strong.
Someone: Ah, it's Kominato!
Kominato: Wah— it's really refreshing in here. It's too hot outside.
Kominato: Ah. Kou sent me a message.

Kominato: He can't make it today.
Futaba: Huh? Why not?
Kominato: Recently, he hasn't been answering my calls. He never wants to go out! But even if it's not immediately, he still replies.
Yuuri: Did something happen? Did you hear anything from him, Futaba?
Futaba: No, he hasn't told me anything about it.

Futaba: Kou... Did something happen to him?
[Something happened all of a sudden, so I can't go.]
Was it something he did? Or something else?
I really need to see Kou soon to make myself less worried.

Futaba: In the end, without being able to contact Kou, summer vacation ended. (Phrased to fit the sizes of the word boxes.)

Teacher: Get in line, everyone! Let's head to the assembly. We need to get going!
Futaba: Kou isn't here.
Kominato: It's no use. He's not answering any of my calls. Maybe he just overslept.
Futaba: Kou... What happened? It can't be that

Futaba: he'll suddenly disappear like last time, right?
Extra: (?)
Futaba: No, he must have overslept. Just now, he should have made it to school. That must be it.
(This whole page... is this everything?)

Kou: Hey.
Futaba: Seriously! Do you know how worried I was?! /just a "hey"?!
Kou: Ouch.
Don't use your pig's foot to—

Futaba: How mean. Just forget about it.
Kou: I went to Nagasaki.
Futaba: Oh, the place you used to live.
Kou: Yeah.
Futaba: So he was busy with things regarding his mother.
Kou: Once I was there, I was busy helping out a store. (The store? A store?)
Futaba: Something like this... Why didn't you mention it earlier? We were—
Kominato: Ah, Kou!

Kominato: What happened? You overslept or something?
Kou: No, I went out on time, but on my way, I saw a cat at the station. It didn't look so good, so I took it to the vet and came late.
Futaba: You mean that black cat?
Kou: Yeah.
The vet said it wasn't eating well, but I'm already taking care of it.

Kou: The only one who can take care of it is me.
Futaba: You took it home?
Kominato: Did you come up with a name for it?
If not, let me decide!
Kou: No way.
Kominato: What? Why?!
Kou: /because you'll come up with something weird.
Futaba: Ah.

Futaba: Kou's smile... Did it change again?
Or am I thinking about it too much?
Yeah, I'm probably wrong.
Ah.

Futaba: I unintentionally made a sound, but I didn't mean to say anything...
Touma: Thanks for that time at the fireworks display! (?)
Summer vacation has ended already...
Futaba: /ah Yeah...
Touma: Um... I haven't asked you for your name yet! I'm Touma (Last name?).
Futaba: I'm Yoshioka Futaba.

Touma: I'm from class 5. (It probably just says "Class 5," but that sounds awkward.)
Futaba: ? ...Ah. I'm in class 2.
Touma: Gosh, I'm so hungry. I wish class ended earlier. Don't you think the opening ceremony was kind of unnecessary?
Futaba: Is he always this open? /seems like another person
... Thanks.
Touma: ?

Futaba: Oh... I was thinking that you're just talking to me so that I wouldn't feel so embarrassed. Sorry if I'm wrong.
Touma: How did you know that? Was I that unnatural?
Futaba: So red. Is he straining himself?

Touma: My face is really red right now, right?
Futaba: /nod
Touma: It's like I have a disease (?), and it's really annoying.
Futaba: It's very fortunate! Like you're easy to talk to, I think. It's kind of feminine in a good way, I guess...? (Help! LOL)
Touma: Being described as feminine isn't really what I prefer. (?)

Futaba: No, I didn't mean that you're unmanly. I meant that... I'm sorry.
Touma: So frank.
Futaba: Ah. Kou.

Futaba: Student orientation hasn't ended yet, though?! (?)
Kou: The cat. I'm worried about it, so I'm taking it back. (Back home? Help me pffff OTL)

Kou: I'm leaving.
Futaba: Ah, tomorrow, you can't be late again!
He disappears so suddenly. (?)

Futaba: Kou's the one who's the cat. (?)
Touma: Ah— Yoshioka and that person...
Well, I'm going now.
Futaba: Ah, okay. Bye!

Touma: At first, I thought she was kind of annoying.
She's different from what I thought.
That girl...

Touma: I didn't imagine she could have that kind of expression. I was surprised.
Friends: Aha, you're really late. Constipated? ... But what happened to you, Touma? Your face is so red.
Touma: Eh?

Touma: Eh?!
Futaba: That night, we were 1 centimeter apart. If only we remained that way.
Mimi
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 11:52 AM

Member No.: 14

@yoonmi - If it helps, this person has proofread pages 36-46. It might not be too accurate but it seems to flow quite well?

http://jujuseed.tumblr.com/post/2090075750...ng-my-favourite
fromthedepths
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 12:17 PM

Haha, so I am going to do this in pieces I hope that is ok!

So on page 6, Kou says "But if you wore a yukata, wouldn't you just look like a sekitori* 別的 sumo wrestler?"

The translator's note says that sekitori is like... one of the top two levels of sumo wrestling and that bears out on wikipedia (I think there is a typo in the original TN). I think the joke is because these sumo wrestlers wear a mawashi into the ring (tried to link to wikipedia but it didn't work) . I don't understand the 別的 construction there though. Is he saying that she looks like a low level sumo wrestler? Sorry, this is beyond my knowledge.

11: Kou says "I said it before. If you let other guys see that vulnerable side of you, you don't know what might happen."

The literal translation is more like "If you let other guys see that flaw" with a connotation of being like a secret flaw so... I think ~vulnerability~ flows better. YMMV.

13. I think this translation is good. If you want another option you could say she says something like "Is this the power of a summer night?" or "I guess the summer night got to me?" This is probably not super helpful, but I think you have some leeway here and should just pick whatever feels most Futaba-y to you smile.gif

15. My best guess would be like "It feels so lovely. This feeling... | is exactly this feeling!" I think the quote in the bottom panel is a continuation of the last line in the previous panel so she's emphasizing how she is really feeling these feelings! Zhe ge ganjue jiu shi zhe ge ganjue... 這個感覺就是 這個感覺

Ok next stuff will be in the next part.
fromthedepths
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 12:55 PM

16. I think it's like "We're just one centimeter away from meeting each other's feelings." The rest I think is good biggrin.gif.

19. I agree with this translation. You can change it to "is disappearing" or "is fading away" if you want it to be more flowery I guess?

20. Again, all I can think is if you want it to be more ~casual it could be like "I thought we had a good atmosphere going back then" or "at that time"

22. Futaba: Kou and I were supposed to go to the summer festival, but something happened with him and he couldn't make it.

Sorry I can't finish the rest of the page, I'll have to come back to it tomorrow, but I think Futaba is saying something to the effect of Futaba is being being so candid because if she were in Yuuri's place she'd want to know everything... it's more about her trying to be ~fair~

yoonmi
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 01:24 PM

Oh! This is absolutely wonderful! * O * I'll start working on the first portion of the chapter tomorrow, then! Thank you so much gahhhh <3 Lovely!!
kurini
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:03 PM

Advanced Member

p.7
Futaba: Seeing such an expression doesn't make me upset at all.

I find the at all weird, cuz, when I was translating this, I was not really sure if she was upset because Kou kind of insulted her as a pig and then because of the god-smile of Kou, she thinks that doesn't matter anymore... so "anymore" would fit better in here? I'm not sure... :S
kurini
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:07 PM

Advanced Member

p.13
Kou: No way. (The word balloon is tiny OTL.) It'll lead to something.

Not too sure if "it'll lead to something" is really accurate in here... ^^''
kurini
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:49 PM

Advanced Member

Kou's hometown is Nagasaki.
fromthedepths
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:56 PM

Re: p 13, I still think the translation is good. wink.gif The direct translation is more like "Wait, wait" then "Not like this" or "We can't do it like this" then "or else we/I really could have an accident" or "or else something bad might come out of it" but I think yoonmi's original translation has the same meaning but flows better in English because it has the sexual connotation that is definitely present in the chapter.

I have some work to do, but I should be back later. smile.gif
fromthedepths
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 10:04 PM

WHOA Kurini I just realized that was your original translation, sorry I misattributed it. I think it is a really good one, haha!
kurini
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 11:18 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (fromthedepths @ Apr 13 2012, 10:04 PM)
WHOA Kurini I just realized that was your original translation, sorry I misattributed it. I think it is a really good one, haha!

Haha, don't worry, I don't mind at all. XD
Anyway, we'll try our best. It would be way better if the scans were in japanese...(because I feel that the chinese one isn't that accurate, but I'm not sure, I hope Bikkuri or Chibi Group will release their ch 15, so that I know what's the difference between the chinese one and the japanese one.. .:S)
yoonmi
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 04:54 AM

Hahahaha yeah, this is all kurini's epicness!! xD About to start editing now~
yoonmi
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:29 AM

Alright, so I've edited my original posts to the changes you guys pointed out. biggrin.gif
I still need some help with the remaining question marks, especially with 22, 30, 39, and 41. ^q^|||

I started editing the pages, and I hope I can have the entire English version done today!!
fromthedepths
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 07:11 AM

22: This one is tough, but what follows is my best understanding. In the first bubble, Futaba says "It's because the other person is Yuuri..." then the text outside says "if it weren't you, I wouldn't do this." Then she says in the next two bubbles "Even though I say that, I still want to keep hanging out with Kou without Yuuri knowing."

30 1st panel: It seems just like last time. | He suddenly disappeared from our sides? Bubble*: "Well then, assembly is over. Please go back to your classrooms." 2nd panel: He definitely got up late. 3rd panel: This time, right now 4th panel: he is definitely just now getting to school. 5th panel: Definitely, that has to be it.

36. Touma's last name seems to be Kikuchi (matches Kikuchi Shunsuke's last name so...)

39. This one is also tough, lol. Touma: "I blush easily and it's really annoying." Futaba: "But thanks to that you seem so approachable, I think, you're not too macho." Touma: "Being told he's not manly never makes a guy happy."

41. I think Futaba is just saying like "School still isn't done for today?!" or like school activities? I think because it's their first day back maybe it's mostly dumb stuff like orientations or something?

43. "Kou is just like a cat."

Like Kurini says, this is tough because I'm sure the double translation of Japanese->Chinese->English is making us lose a lot of nuance and there is stuff that is confusing for sure. I cannot wait until Bikkuri's translating; her word choice and flow and everything is sooooooooooo good.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5640 seconds | Archive