the legend begins!
The Lion King. It is a tale of family, love, responsibility, betrayal, friendship, faith, hope, and coming of age; the very elements that we all must face in our own life adventures. But the story of the Pridelands did not end with Mufasa, Sarabi, Simba, Nala, Kiara, and Kovu. Africa's chronicle has continued on long after, with these great leaders looking on from the glittering evening stars. Africa's stories, the histories of these majestic lion prides, are still being written: here on Ulaya, the Lion King RPG.
mane events!
7/9/12 -- Skips, Daimu, and Quail have joined the staff team! Thank you all so much for your dedication to this place! We are forever appreciative of the effort you've put forth and will continue do here! <3

7/8/12 -- Ulaya has lept into the time machine, people! Check out Time Machine in the 'Board News' area for more details.

6/9/12 -- Activity Check #2 is OVER! Even gave you an extra day, so all the characters that weren't accounted for will be archived. Also, a "time jump" is under discussion. It is located in 'Character Connection/Major Board Plots" so participate and place your vote!

5/24/12 -- On Saturday and Sunday (the 26th and 27th), the site will be closed for maintenance and updating. It will reopen on Monday, the 28th.

1/11/12 -- An "Activity Check" has been scheduled for January 18th to the 25th! So keep an eye on the 'Mandatory Reading" area, where it will be located. Information about it will be available before the activity check begins, but the actual thread will not be open to replies until the 18th.

8/04/11 -- The Return of the King! Ulaya is back with version 4.0, but this time... our story is starting over too. It's a fresh start, and we encourage everyone to invite their friends to our new beginning! While it's sad to see our old stories go, I'm convinced we can create brand new tales just as epic as the last! :) Please bear with us as we clean up the finishing touches to our new home, and enjoy yourselves here on the new Ulaya!
the morning report!
Please keep content appropriate
for all ages.
Spamming and Advertising
are not allowed here.
Look At The Stars
Need help? Contact the staff through the private message link in their profiles.

in loving memory of Azrayell
i know that the night must end
and that the sun will rise

GRAPHICS by Kat. the lion king belongs to DISNEY. but the characters here belong to the MEMBERS. special thanks to the members of ULAYA, who have kept this pride alive since 2003.

Sister Sites
Great Expectations

Awesome Affiliates
RPG-D

Vote For Us!
RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOM

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Add Reply. New Topic. New Poll.

just a little longer...
Kadiz
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 01:13 PM

A Name Lost to Time
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 4

alright, so I hadn't planned to be missing in action here quite this long. but I've discovered that ADD doesn't mix well with mostly online classes this semester. after dropping 2 of my classes for a lighter work load, I think I'm getting caught back up and can keep good grades. however, I'm still crazy busy with this stuff for awhile.

on the bright side, the semester is over in a few weeks and I'll have time on my hands again to post here. I just probably won't reappear until a week into May. and hopefully I'll not only be returning here, but returning to my art too. I really want to get some drawings up of my characters here. so I'll see everyone around the board here before too long.

--------------------
user posted image
.:: Ashanti | Jewel | Makali | Sarla | Kadiz | Kiwa | Ubawa | Wakati ::.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
Embyr_Somm
Posted: May 6 2012, 08:45 PM

Agent, not a Gent
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6

Ok! It's been about a week into May! *searches for Kazzy*

haha jk, but I do miss you and look forward to having you with us again one day, darling! :) Whenever you get the chance. At the least drop by and say hi!

--------------------
4 - Adult creatures
3 - Baby critters
2 - Adolescents

and an 'Embyr' in a pear tree >D
Kadiz
Posted: May 14 2012, 11:49 AM

A Name Lost to Time
Group Icon

*crawls out of the desert that is college work* I've finally found my way back here! *dusts off sand* and I have survived the semester, though just barely from the looks of my grades. but on the plus side I've already worked out my schedule for next semester to have only 1 online class and all the rest at local schools, so it shouldn't be so rough on me next year.

so what and all have I missed? lol every section of the board has new post icons and I'm not sure where to start looking to get caught up on the goings on. though I'm certainly happy there's been that much activity ^.^ I'll be getting to posts within the next few days, kinda keeping myself busy organizing both my computer and room right now. gonna hopefully get to work on some drawings this week too :D

--------------------
user posted image

Embyr_Somm
Posted: May 18 2012, 10:54 PM

Agent, not a Gent
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

Um...where to start...
Plotwise, it's slowed down since about...March I'd say. School, especially finals and exams, as well as other responsibilities tackled a bunch of people full on, but here is the latest I can think of at the moment.

Pridelanders - We decided to have an in-character competition and judgement for the Lead Huntress position. The two candidates are Kulani, Pridelander born, and Uzuri, another lioness who has joined the pride. Uzuri took down a buffalo to show off her skills, but was injured in the process I believe.
Also, the princess and Kuruka are still bonding and getting to know each other, but she's about to make her escape soon.
Majabali - Safia is announcing that she plans to visit the Pridelands soon and Missteri has graced the meeting with her presence.
Tawi - Kuruka is attempting to lead two adult males away from the Tawi headquarters and Bahiyah was confronting a trespassing cheetah.

Outlanders - Firo and another cub have wandered into the Outland territory. Otherwise, the pride is just socializing in various threads.
Njozi - Armada and Ano are planning to hunt in the Pridelands, but that hasn't happened yet. A lioness cub has entered the graveyard also and will be the only feline member of their group once a hyena adopts her.

The Desert - Empty, except for the occasional travel through thread.
Nekurans - Niko, the Valley's majordomo, has returned from a journey. Otherwise, things have been fairly quite.
The Jungle - Empty, except for a random Kafele thread that no one has replied to yet.

In short, there will probably be a clean up of some sort, with an activity check, by or before the end of this month actually. I'm hoping a new layout will boost activity too, so I'm setting that up now when I can. Also, I'm not sure about a time jump, but that may happen as well. Mostly, we need a lot more ways to advertise and get people to join up/interact.

--------------------
4 - Adult creatures
3 - Baby critters
2 - Adolescents

and an 'Embyr' in a pear tree >D
Skips
Posted: May 18 2012, 11:54 PM

- Ceramic Artist - Writing Enthusiat - Inept Drawer - TLK Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 20

There's gonna be a time jump?

--------------------
Rogue: MWANAFUNZI
Majabalian: ASIMA
Nekuran: EL DORADO
Kadiz
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:46 AM

A Name Lost to Time
Group Icon

TLKSalute.png thanks for the update! also, glad I haven't missed the princess escape yet

Skips, it sounds like it's in consideration and not a definite yet. though I'm interested to see what new layout we'll have this time since this last time was a lovely new look.

*cracks fingers* but time to get to posting ^_^

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options. Add Reply. New Topic. New Poll.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1010 seconds | Archive
skin by novia of rcr, RPG-D, and shadowplay