Tada! Ulaya has it's very own real time chatroom! But before you jump in and get to jabbering, you might want to read up on this information real quick so you're not too terribly confused. Don't forget, you can always turn to the chat's FAQ documents if you can't find what you're looking for here, or else ask your question here!HOW TO USE.
HOW TO LOG/ARCHIVE.
- Sign in with your nickname! Preferably your username or what you go by here on the board so we know who you are and aren't playing the "Hi, I don't think we've met? Oh, really? I've known you forever?" game. Please do not use someone else's nickname!
- You will now be in the chatroom! Simple as that, right? Your text box is at the bottom, and right above it are some useful little features, such as smilies, sounds, and your settings. You can decrease and increase font on your screen, clear your display (not recommended unless you WANT to, as it will clear the whole chat on YOUR screen), a time stamp toggle, and a sound toggle.
- Check out the "Pop-Up/Detach Room" button! This is your friend. Want the chatroom open while you're doing other things on Ulaya? Pop it out! It will become it's own window, allowing you to move around the net freely.
- Above the users list is an "Online/Away" status. Very useful for if you need to dash off for just a sec and don't want people to think you've died. ;) Very handy.
- Need to privately message someone in the chat? If you hover over their name in the users list, an arrow will pop up. Click it for a drop down menu, and inside is an Instant Message feature! You will now have a private IM box open with that member. :) No one else can see what is posted in this box but you and the other person!
Unfortunately, the chatroom does not log it's chats, so once you leave the room, everything is gone. But if you'd like to save your chat for information/research purposes, or think maybe the rest of us would like to read it, no fear! This area also serves as an archive for you to post your chat logs in! All we ask is that you do the following:
- For your thread title, please include the date of the chat. IE: [6/23/11]. You can include any sort of title you'd like after that, but we need the date so we know when the chat was!
- For the thread description, please include members of the chat! Please note, if it was a busy chat, you may not be able to fit everyone in. That's okay, just add an 'etc.' so we know there were others. But the most active members of the chat would be just fine. :)
- Copy/paste your log from the chat, and post it into the thread! Just make sure that only ONE of you is posting your log, so we don't have repeats. So make sure you know who's posting before you leave the room!
Simple, isn't it? And very fun. So get to it, enjoy yourself, and if you have any questions, ask here!