Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Jurassic Park San Diego, A Tour of Jurassic Park San Diego
ceej12
Posted: Oct 19 2011, 03:18 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I built this park after a member, BioHazard, released part two of Zoo Tycoon 2: Operation Genesis, which contained most of the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I also have part one, which contains objects and plants. Also, thinking back to the awesome series of Jurassic Park, I remembered something I tried to replicate time and time again.
This:
user posted image

Now, after I downloaded this amazing pack, and a couple other things, such as the Dino Fences and JPOG Paths from Zeta-Designs, and the "Brown Rock" from Northern Skies, I made this park. In my opinion it is one of my best. Also, for the first time ever, this park has a story, which I will explain in the last picture. (Not the map.)

So.... Welcome...to Jurassic Park! (San Diego)

user posted image
The entrance. Next to it, not being able to be seen (Except for the path and waterfall), is a mock "Arrivals," which includes two InGen helicopter and a waterfall. I was aiming for a bit of the feel as they arrive on the island during the first movie.

user posted image
This is the Corythosaurus exhibit I call Cory Pond. It was originality also going to contain Homalocephale. But a glitch which treated the Homalo as an object, and didn't allow it to be sent to the wild made me decide not to.

user posted image
This is the "Cave" you should be able to see in the inspirational photo, or the big rocks you see in the first zoo photo. Inside is a a Dryosaurus exhibit and the entrance to the Raptor Cave, which contains the fearsome Velociraptors.

user posted image
This is the Triceratops exhibit which I call Tric Plain. It was originally going to also contain Gallimimus. But that also got scratched just because it would be the only exhibit with multiple species.

user posted image
This is the Tyrannosaurus exhibit I call Rex Coast. It contains one Rex, which you can see in the picture if you look closely.

user posted image
This is the staff and "Safe" compound, which consists of staff related buildings, such as a Cleaners Building and Center, as well as a Visitor Shelter. It also contains the building which is the Hatchery in JPOG and the Raptor Pen in the 1st Movie. Only in this park, the real killer is the Dilophosaurus, which is contained in the hatchery. This is the true killer simply because if it were in the actual park, it could spit through the fence, because after all, people are just standing on he other side of the fence.

user posted image
And the map. The water around the edges of the map are not there because it's on an island, it's because it is on a small peninsula in San Diego.

Questions? Ask below! I tries to explain as well as I could.
Albinowolf
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 03:41 PM

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

If there are downloads on the map, post links for them.
Welcome to Jurassic Park, San Diego! Please sign here, here, here, oh don't forget here...
ceej12
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 03:46 PM

Administrator

Well, some of the best (but not all) zoos are made with downloads. Besides, I have no plans to make this a download.
Blue Kangaroo
Posted: Oct 24 2011, 02:33 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

I love it the JP map. It looks just like Jurassic Park. biggrin.gif
ceej12
Posted: Oct 24 2011, 02:37 PM

Administrator

Thanks!

(BlueKangaroo, have you tried the PowerPoint displaying how to download? You should get it after you see it.)
Albinowolf
Posted: Nov 11 2011, 09:00 PM

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 4

I think you should make it a download, it is awesome!
ceej12
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 10:49 AM

Administrator

Okay, I'll do that.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Skin Simplicity by .vision of VisionaryDesigns , .Apotropaic Designs and Graphical Aesthetics

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0750 seconds | Archive