InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tales Gaming Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Shingetsutan Tsukihime, My new favorite anime.
Mitsuhide
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 07:56 AM

High-Ranking Oracle Knight
Group Icon

Group: Superior
Member No.: 67

What can I say about this anime...it is, by far, the most beautiful one I have ever seen. I never ever thought that something could beat Cowboy Bebop, but this has. It's just amazing. It's the only show that ever affected me so much that I actually cried at the end.

It's about a boy, Shiki Tohno, who was the unique ability to see the lines of death, as they are called. These lines are present on all things, and when they are cut on each particular thing, the thing instantly dies or if inanimate, it falls completely to pieces. He wears special glasses given to him by a mysterious woman to cover the lines, so he doesn't go crazy, basically.

He lives a mostly normal life, until he meets a vampire, Arcueid, who he incidentally cuts into 17 pieces, without even realizing it. She had triggered an instinct within him, but he is surprised to find that only the next day, she greets him with a smile. He discovers that she is a vampire and she asks him for help with his unique skill, to destroy a certain group of vampires that are rising to power. The plot is really interesting and complex. Even myself, with my natural talent for observing things, didn't figure out the amazing twist until the end.

Now, if that plot about the vampires isn't to your fancy, it's okay. To be honest, the plot takes a backseat for a majority of the anime (and it's only 12 episodes), and the episodes focus largely on character development and relationships, which are...simply just beautiful. I have never cared so much about characters before. Not in a Tales game, not in any show or anime in my life, until now. It's incredibly how they accomplish SO much in just 12 episodes. At the end, both the plot and characters are completely fleshed out, so everything is explained. It's brilliantly directed, and the animation and music are fantastic.

So, if you're a fan of vampire stories or love stories...no, even if you just like anime, I recommend this HIGHLY. This is my favorite anime and I will never forget the characters that are shown here, especially Arcueid. I hope you all get the chance to check it out. It's on youtube I believe, but I won't link it as I'm sure that's not okay.

--------------------

user posted image

Proud leading member of the Natalia fan club!
Proud leading member of the Colette fan club!
Proud founder of the "s(õ.ó)z wtf" club!
Mieu
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 10:32 PM

Myuuu
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

I already told you that I read summaries about it and saw screenshots about...2 years ago...never got around to watching it since I forgot...

--------------------
Thanks to Presea for the Avatar
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:11 PM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

Group: Commandants
Member No.: 4

is character devolepment really that good?

and I seem to be the opposite, usually not care about the actual plot, but love the characters.

I'll check it out once I'm done with sumomomo and chocosis. cool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Blood denies blood, Heart breaks heart
Miracles depart, Dreams and such,
Because there they, Don't exist...
You resist?
Mitsuhide
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 11:31 PM

Group Icon

Absolutely, PFM. It's the best character development I've ever seen and at the end, I really cared about what happened to the characters. The only time I ever really cried because of an anime.

--------------------

user posted image

Mieu
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 12:07 AM

Myuuu
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

And that's Arcueid in his Mitsuhide's sig thingy

--------------------
Thanks to Presea for the Avatar
Kibou
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 04:57 AM

♥ n_n ♥
Group Icon

Group: God General
Member No.: 10

Goodness gracious, do I want to play this game ;__; It looks so intriguing~ I like Yumitsuka Satsuki =D She's so cool XD I like Akiha, Hisui, and Kohaku too =O Type-Moon is like, über. XD

I've watched like 2 episodes of the anime at a convention, and it was pretty good =O I really want to watch more :[ (Unfortunately, videos lag lots on my computer, so I can't ;[)

Mitsuhide, have you heard of this doujin/fan-made game called Battle Moon Wars? It's like Super Robot Wars but with characters from Fate/Stay Night and Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Very cool! My friend plays it, and he's hopelessly addicted XD I'd play it, but my computer is shiz. You should try it out someday =DD

--------------------
so not a sig
Mitsuhide
Posted: Jun 12 2007, 05:24 AM

Group Icon

Ah, no, I've not heard of that. =o I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere then, hehe. Thanks! And yeah, I mean, all of the characters are pretty awesome. =)

--------------------

user posted image

Colette
Posted: Jun 17 2007, 12:23 PM

Supah Gurl! ^^;
Group Icon

Group: Member of Lorelei
Member No.: 2

Oh, so it's on youtube! *goes to watch*

Vampires! Wow, I would have never guessed. The plot sounds so interesting! o_o!!!
Must be really good if it made Mitsuhide cry. xP

My bro probably has the game on a floppy somewhere in the basement >.>
Rrr. I wanna play now xP

--------------------
#1 purty Colette avatar in the world made by the almighty, flawless, terrrrrific, procrastinating, SUPER­CALI­FRAGI­LISTIC­EXPI­ALI­DOCIOUS, o.o; awesome, NATALIAAAA <3333

Proud member of the Natalia fan club!! <3 <3
Proud leading member of the Mitsuhide fan club!! <3 <3
n__________________________________n
user posted image Thank you Jade Curtiss! ^^
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Links
Affiliates
Topsites
ToU Topsites Symphonic Heaven >> Topsite Forgotten Memories Topsite KOEI Warriors Topsites PhanXgames Topsites Lloyd Owns fayt Topsites Valiturus Cross Topsites Cursed Waters Topsites

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Skin Winter Serenade designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.