Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tales Gaming Sanctuary. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Site Help!
kafeithekeaton
Posted: May 30 2007, 06:30 PM

Priest
Group Icon

Group: Member of Lorelei
Member No.: 44

For you! ohmy.gif

Yeah, here are some things I noticed. Take note of them; they can make your site a lot busier and more better.

1.Get more affiliates and get better affiliates. Get active forums to affiliate with you.
2.Join more topsites. Many, many more topsites.
Here are some topsites I'd reccomend:
http://topsite.smashboards.com/
http://koeiwarriors.itopsites.com/
http://www.phanxgames.com/topsites/
http://kafeithekeaton.itopsites.com/
http://www.valituruscross.com/topsites/
http://cursedwaters.forgottenmem.net/topsites/

3.Check your site with SE-Inspector, found on http://se-tools.com . Do as it says. Add meta tags, guys!
4.Rearrange the forums. Put the forum discussion forums on top, then the main content or the Tales forums, and finally the irrevelant stuff like discussions. I'd suggest you put Announcements, Help Desk, Introductions, and Church of Martel Chat in a top category, follow them with the Tales boards, then have the discussion with General Discussion, Serious Discussion, Spam Land, Other Video Games, Entertainment, and Fan Works at the bottom.
5.Get a Cbox. Google it. Trust me, they're great and keep activity up. Just plop it at the bottom of your site and you're good to go.
6.Kill the "Forthcoming Calender Events" section. It just dillutes the page of content when the search engine's spider goes over it.
7.Spiffy up the images on your board. They're a tad plain. You could attract more people with the fashion of your board. Like, your member images. Those are good. However, your "topic", "closed topic", as well as your "forum index" icons are a bit of a drag.
8.Anchor the links to the forum with relevant keywords. Search engines move you up in the ranks depending on the keywords. Also, use the anchors everywhere. Leave no signature unanchored.
9.Install RealTracker on your website. It can be found at RealTracker.com . It can be used to see how people are finding your site as well as the general health of your website. I highly suggest you add it to the bottom of your page.
10.The smilies are ridiculous. Some are all right, but some just look plain bad. I think it'd be better just to have the character's portraits instead of smilies for their faces. I have a lot of the portraits if you'd like them.
11.In all seriousness, I'd highly suggest you destroy the serious discussion forum. In a small forum like this, it creates divides that are unnecessary and pits people against people when they should instead be cooperating for the good of the site. I do believe this site has had trouble with stuff like that before, if I recall.

This post has been edited by kafeithekeaton on May 31 2007, 12:41 AM
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 2 2007, 01:50 AM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

Group: Commandants
Member No.: 4

I would like to state a proper apology, I have been not taking care nor logging in to this site for a long time due to school pressure, and finals.

my school ends next week, I'll see what I can do during this weekend, but most we be done the next weekend.

anyways, thanks Kafei, I'll try my best to make this place livelier for our extremely long american summers.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Blood denies blood, Heart breaks heart
Miracles depart, Dreams and such,
Because there they, Don't exist...
You resist?
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 06:05 AM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

most of the advice was followed, here are doubts.

3) I do not see the point of SE tools...

8) I also do not know how to do this...

10) I like the smilies. ;_; are they really that bad?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
You resist?
kafeithekeaton
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 06:49 AM

Priest
Group Icon

I see you've taken some of my suggestions into account. Your forum is enjoying the CBox, I see. XD

SE Tools helps you maximize your results in search engines. Use it with the meta tags, and you'll see what I mean.

As for how to do meta tags, let me show you:
CODE
<meta name="description" content="[B]Put a brief description of your site here[/B]">

<meta name="keywords" content="[B]Put, keywords, here, seperated, by, commas[/B]">

Replaced the bolded with your own information, open up the admin CP, go to board wrappers, and slap it in meta tags. ohmy.gif

Okay. They're all right, I guess. But some could be better... like the Synch one! > : O
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:25 AM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

but, for metatags...

what exatly should I put there?

random words?

words related to our site?

and how many?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
You resist?
Some Nub
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:30 AM

Eternal
Group Icon

Member No.: 55

keywords pertaining to tgs.
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 03:41 AM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

er...

Tales
of
the
Destiny
Phantasia
Eternia
Symphonia
Legendia
Abyss
Tempest

:?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
You resist?
kafeithekeaton
Posted: Jun 14 2007, 06:19 AM

Priest
Group Icon

Yeah, that works.

I've been keeping tabs on your real tracker and I've learned something: the search engines aren't showing you. Have you submitted your site to them? Go to google and search "add your site to google" and do so. It helps. You're missing out on quite a few people per month.
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 01:39 AM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

I added us to google.

>_<

didn't know it was free...

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
You resist?
Mitsuhide
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 05:56 AM

High-Ranking Oracle Knight
Group Icon

Group: Superior
Member No.: 67

*raises hand* Why are we trying to bring more people here? To me, it seems like, to those that search and find that site, they deserve to be here because they must have a cool mindset to find cool people. If we advertise our site on google, noobs will follow.

Trust me, I was a moderator at a forum for over a year. We went from a small forum of about 4,000 to a monstrous noob fest of over 40,000 awful typing whelps. I don't recommend kafei's idea. I say we let the good people find their way, just like I did.

--------------------

user posted image

Proud leading member of the Natalia fan club!
Proud leading member of the Colette fan club!
Proud founder of the "s(.)z wtf" club!
PaperFanMaster
Posted: Jun 15 2007, 07:08 PM

MOMO! <3
Group Icon

I disagree, we need more activity, this site will die.

not only that, who ever said we have to tolerate those n00bs. we are most likely not going to become a 4,000 member forum overnight, we will slowly get accustumed to the number of members, more admins and mods being put up as the duty calls them.

look mistuhide, we all want a forum with intelligent people, but look at the core of the site, the Tales forum, is dead. the worst that could happen is that we make a superior board for only us, to discuss the stuff we always discussed.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
You resist?
Tears of Iris
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 12:44 PM

Awesome Fanfics :3
Group Icon

Member No.: 14

One thing that I would suggest is actually Telling people that they are acting silly and asking them to stop; even if they don't right away, or some don't at all: Hopefully some of them will try to keep on the right side of the administration.

--------------------
user posted image

Signature picture by the wonderful yoru~no~angel of ToSF
kafeithekeaton
Posted: Jun 30 2007, 02:39 AM

Priest
Group Icon

As long as the site doesn't sky rocket in growth, you should be good. But, it's a good idea to get more members so that people keep coming. Keep the site full of fresh people or it'll die.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Links
Affiliates
Topsites
ToU Topsites Symphonic Heaven >> Topsite Forgotten Memories Topsite KOEI Warriors Topsites PhanXgames Topsites Lloyd Owns fayt Topsites Valiturus Cross Topsites Cursed Waters Topsites

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive

Skin Winter Serenade designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.