InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Writers Bbs. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Santorum bows out. Romney now free to....
Josh
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 05:49 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Amena @ Apr 13 2012, 02:16 PM)
..... what has the goon actually done???

What he's actually done is save the US economy from a depression, and thereby has saved the world to a large extent from the same catastrophe. What he's also done is take out bin Laden in record time, something that Bush was unable to do. What he's also done is thrash out a healthcare plan that US presidents for the past 60 years have been unable or unwilling to even attempt. Whether or not it makes it all the way into a fait accompli has less to do with Obama as the willingness of a stacked House and a stacked judiciary to make it happen.

Obama is a fair game player. He has handled a time of catastrophe without barely blinking an eye. The man has brains, guts, and ethics. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, which is after all all I asked for. Allow me to say, however, in my opinion this has less to do with how well Obama has performed as a president of the USA as how he has gone after Muslims. When you get to the bottom line, Amena, this is by far your greatest interest.

Best, Josh.
Marlowe
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 08:58 PM

Member No.: 13

Josh, now you quit that. You know it's not fair to speak the truth so blatantly.
Amena
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 09:40 PM

Member No.: 16

QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 13 2012, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (Amena @ Apr 13 2012, 02:16 PM)
..... what has the goon actually done???

What he's actually done is save the US economy from a depression, and thereby has saved the world to a large extent from the same catastrophe. What he's also done is take out bin Laden in record time, something that Bush was unable to do. What he's also done is thrash out a healthcare plan that US presidents for the past 60 years have been unable or unwilling to even attempt. Whether or not it makes it all the way into a fait accompli has less to do with Obama as the willingness of a stacked House and a stacked judiciary to make it happen.

Obama is a fair game player. He has handled a time of catastrophe without barely blinking an eye. The man has brains, guts, and ethics. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, which is after all all I asked for. Allow me to say, however, in my opinion this has less to do with how well Obama has performed as a president of the USA as how he has gone after Muslims. When you get to the bottom line, Amena, this is by far your greatest interest.

Best, Josh.

You think he's saved the U.S. economy???

It's not out of the woods yet!

And with their level of debt, and all the infighting and all the homelessness, I really don't see such a positive prognosis.

What are you talking about taking out bin Laden in record time???

You're really grasping!

It took more than ten years to catch him, and much of the foundation of the work that got him was done by Bush. Not surprised that Obama wants to take the credit just because he was caught under his watch.

The reason why Obamacare is so unpopular is because apparently the whole thing stinks of a shady deal. I have to confess I'm less clear on that, but from what I understand it's not so much universal healthcare that Americans balk at but the way it was arrived at and how it's going to cost more than if it was privatized.

But again, that's no victory.

Every campaign promise he made doesn't he doesn't seem to have delivered on.

Didn't close Guantanamo bay, quagmire in Aghanistan, troops out of Iraq--yes, that's done, but with all the mess across Middle East with the Arab spring, which I actually believe has a lot to do with the wikileaks revelations...Obama has basically left the world a less stable place.

Those are no credentials for reelection.

Not that I think Romney will do any better.

In fact, quite frankly, it doesn't look good for America no matter who gets in.
Josh
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Amena @ Apr 13 2012, 09:40 PM)
Every campaign promise he made doesn't he doesn't seem to have delivered on.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about, Amena. For example, you say it took 10 years to get bin Laden and Bush did all the legwork. That's about as far from reality as you can get.

Courier link

You will note in the link above that US intelligence started tracking a courier to bin Laden in 2009. In 2010, they got him. They had known about this courier in 2007, under Bush's watch, during which nada was done.

In other words, it took Bush 8 years not to get bin Laden. It took Obama 2 to get him. And it was Obama's decision to go after him covertly, another smart move by The Man. You will note slimy Pakistan was not informed of the impending raid.

No, I totally acknowledge your voting opinion, but when you say things like Obama 'tried to take credit' for work done by Bush, you're using your Islamic prejudices, not your intelligence. And, by the way, Guantanamo was key to extracting the information in the first place.

Best, Josh.
ThomasDF
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 09:18 AM

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 18 2012, 06:58 AM)
I really don't think you know what you're talking about, Amena. For example, you say it took 10 years to get bin Laden and Bush did all the legwork. That's about as far from reality as you can get.

Courier link

You will note in the link above that US intelligence started tracking a courier to bin Laden in 2009. In 2010, they got him. They had known about this courier in 2007, under Bush's watch, during which nada was done.

In other words, it took Bush 8 years not to get bin Laden. It took Obama 2 to get him. And it was Obama's decision to go after him covertly, another smart move by The Man. You will note slimy Pakistan was not informed of the impending raid.

No, I totally acknowledge your voting opinion, but when you say things like Obama 'tried to take credit' for work done by Bush, you're using your Islamic prejudices, not your intelligence. And, by the way, Guantanamo was key to extracting the information in the first place.

Best, Josh.

Christ, Josh you have the audacity to tell Amena what she believes is far from reality? Giving Obama or even Bush credit is as stupid as you can get. The only ones who deserve the credit are those who did the intelligence and carried out the mission. Giving people who safely eat chef prepared meals everyday is idiotic. What an amazingly dumb argument.

Thomas
Steerpike
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:52 PM

Member No.: 5

CNN conglomeration of polls today showed a statistical tie. But November is a long way off.
Josh
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 04:11 AM

QUOTE (ThomasDF @ Apr 18 2012, 09:18 AM)

Giving Obama or even Bush credit is as stupid as you can get. The only ones who deserve the credit are those who did the intelligence and carried out the mission. Giving people who safely eat chef prepared meals everyday is idiotic. What an amazingly dumb argument.

So, Einstein, in your opinion therefore it's not really Obama who's responsible for any of the grief in America you keep griping about, it's his worker bees. Patton is squirming in his grave.

Best, Josh.
ThomasDF
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 08:51 AM

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 19 2012, 04:11 AM)

Giving Obama or even Bush credit is as stupid as you can get. The only ones who deserve the credit are those who did the intelligence and carried out the mission. Giving people who safely eat chef prepared meals everyday is idiotic. What an amazingly dumb argument.

So, Einstein, in your opinion therefore it's not really Obama who's responsible for any of the grief in America you keep griping about, it's his worker bees. Patton is squirming in his grave.

Best, Josh.

I admit to saying some dumb stuff, but I've never come anywhere close to that statement. Comparing one specific thing to a multitude of general things is way beyond stupid. Obviously Obama is not solely responsible for all the damage done while in office. Being an early victim of the beginning of this "Brave New World", I don't expect you to understand.

Thomas
Josh
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 12:01 AM

QUOTE (ThomasDF @ Apr 19 2012, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (Josh @ Apr 19 2012, 04:11 AM)

Best, Josh.

I admit to saying some dumb stuff, but I've never come anywhere close to that statement. Comparing one specific thing to a multitude of general things is way beyond stupid. Obviously Obama is not solely responsible for all the damage done while in office. Being an early victim of the beginning of this "Brave New World", I don't expect you to understand.

Thomas

Well, you're the brilliant one who said, and I quote, "The only ones who deserve the credit are those who did the intelligence and carried out the mission." I'd have to assume that kind of logic extends to all other scenarios as well. Otherwise, it makes no sense...not that it makes sense in the first place.

Best, Josh.
Steerpike
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:29 PM

Member No.: 5

His hands weren't tied the first two years, and he was still ineffective. To get the health care through they had to push it in spite of public opposition and with their party leadership leaning on members to hurry it up before too much of it became public and opposition continued to build.
« Next Oldest | Politics | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3313 seconds | Archive