InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Writers Bbs. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Accident, I was hit by a car
TBorNotTB
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 10:14 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

On Valentine's Day, in the afternoon, as I was in the center lane of a 3 lane road, trying to cross, a car came up on that center lane and hit me. I rolled over the hood of the car and landed on the pavement. The driver had to be going 35 mph.

My right leg was broken, my right shoulder was dislocated from impacting the pavement and my right arm was broken.

I have posted a number of videos about the accident and my injuries on my youtube page.

I am currently recovering, but have no access to the internet while in the shelter. My leg is healing fine, but my shoulder is not only still quite painful, but I can't move my right arm very much. It pretty much hangs there. I have a doctor's appointment today where I hope to find out more about my shoulder.

In the meantime keep me in your prayers!

TBorNotTB

aka Michael Fox

http://youtu.be/3tkAj2m9fEo
Josh
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 10:24 AM

Member No.: 14

Gees, TB, you sure have a string of bad luck. Chin up, you're in our prayers.

Best, Josh.
Donnalee
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 07:06 AM

Group: Moderation Team
Member No.: 8

I will, Michael.
danse
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 08:23 AM

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Michael, what a bummer and I hope you are healing okay. Keeping you in my prayers

danse

Halliday
Posted: Feb 23 2012, 11:37 AM

Member No.: 15

Oh dear! That' s horrible!

You not only have my sympathy, and prayers -- but I wish I could wrap you in cotton wool for safety.

I don't know if you've had broken bones and dislocations before, but they do get better, though it takes longer than the doctors would have you believe.

When you can, keep us posted.

Annie
Joan McCormick
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 07:49 AM

Member No.: 38

tut tut

let this teach you never play frogger with real cars. and learn to run faster.

three lanes!!
TBorNotTB
  Posted: Feb 28 2012, 09:39 AM

Okay, it has been two weeks since the accident and here is my current status:

Arm practically useless, though the pain has lessened.

Leg: probable torn acl, going for MRI today.

Bills: starting to pile up. Trying to apply for medicaid, but I have to be classified as disabled to qualify. Could take a while.

Lawyer: obtained and tells me he'll present a package to the insurance company once the healing is done.

My mood: Bleah.
Marlowe
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 09:06 PM

Member No.: 13

I guess you could count your blessings. First, you didn't die. Cars always win these one on ones. Second, it could have been a lot worse. Yes, it was certainly bad enough, but the third blessing is that you are already feeling a bit better. It will likely be a long road but I'm betting you'll have a fairly complete recovery. The fourth blessing I see is that the blame seems to be laid on the driver of the car, and his insurance will likely pick up those bills, and then some.

A friend of mine recently had one of her grandchildren run across a busy road and was hit by a car when she stopped to pick up her dropped cell phone. The young girl was fifteen and died a week later from the injuries. She's gone, her family is crushed, the driver of the car will never be the same, and there's not enough words to express how sorry I am to my friend for her loss.
TBorNotTB
Posted: Mar 5 2012, 12:45 PM

Marlowe, I thank you for reminding me of my blessings. I am grateful for being alive.

That said, it has been nearly 3 weeks now and here is my situation:

I have occasional movement in my arm, maybe one percent of the time I can move it a little bit outward. Every movement comes with pain. Even when I don't move it, it aches, constantly.

I have 3 torn ligaments in my knee. At best two will heal without surgery. My doctor wants to wait for another 3 weeks for the swelling to go down before making that final decision. He also said that my age and lack of access to therapy won't look good for my recovery. I plan to work with my lawyer to see if I can get that therapy. I'm not optimistic for a full recover in either the knee or the shoulder without surgery.

So now I have to wait. I only get out when the staff is willing to give me a bus pass, but that's only when I have a doctor's appointment. I'll be here a while.
« Next Oldest | General Chat | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1757 seconds | Archive