1. Is the board DOHTML enabled?
- Yes it is. Don't make me regret that. This site is about writing, not how fancy you can make your posts
2. So if my race is really just based on my personality, does that mean I could change races if my personality changes?
- Theoretically, yes, but your race is decided on by your dominant personality traits, so you should base your original choice on something about you that you don't think will ever change.
3. How do I get into the Underground?
- Only individuals who show a certain something are invited. If you meet the requirements, then I will PM you with an offer and the password, and Malik will make your character the same offer.
3b. What certain something?
Well, that's a secret, but here are some things you can do to be invited.
IC, you can:
- Be vocal and/or active about disliking the way things are
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a willingness to work with others
- Have interesting and practical powers, and use them effectively, but not ridiculously
- Demonstrate intelligence, combat prowess, resourcefulness, or any combination thereof.
OOC, you can:
- Be as active as possible, posting often and writing well
- See the first point. Seriously. If you're not posting on a regular basis, you're not getting in
4. I have this great idea for a new bookstore/bar/sex shop...
Is it in Toronto? Yes? Great! Send the admin a message with the details and he'll happily make a new board for it.
5. When do powers develop?
Powers come to bear along with the definition of your character's personality, which means they start to show during the teenage years, and are pretty much set at the age of eighteen, though it may take much longer before they are fully discovered or mastered.
6. [Plot] Where did the twelve people come from? Were they the scientists?
The twelve people mentioned in the plot are the leaders of The Underground, the secret resistance opposing the Tablet Man's rule. The origins are unknown to the public, but they are NOT among any scientists known to have investigated the temple. The Tablet Man, upon his second return from its depths, brought ALL known previous explorers with him. As far as the world is concerned, everyone who has ever gone into that temple is now dead - with the exception of the Tablet Man.
7. [Plot] What is the Tablet Man's mission?
This is known only to the Tablet Man himself, and is an integral mystery in the plot, so in other words, I'm not telling.
8. [Setting] How does currency work?
About the same as it does now, really. No technology revolutionized the system before the war, and enough of it survived to make it still feasible now, especially in Toronto.
9. [Setting] What about technology?
A lot of the world's advanced tech was destroyed in the burst of energy that transformed the world, and from there a lot of effort was spent on the war. So basically, we're not that far ahead of where we are today, but if you have an idea for something, PM the admin and he might let you have it.
More will be added as questions are asked.