Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Dodger Blues
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 11:10 AM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 302

We begin our home schedule tonight against a competitive Pittsburgh team. I'm hoping we have a full house at Chavez Ravine as it's something I haven't seen in quite a long time. Haven't seen us in action this year yet as internet at home isn't quick enough for MLB.tv but thankfully tonight's game is on ESPN America.

Looking forward to seeing our bats have a good night, fingers crossed. With a bit of luck Kershaw will have recovered fully from his flu also. Would be nice to see us get a W in our first home game under the new owners.

Talklater on the gameday chat during it I'm sure!

Kid Cuddy
LA_Valiants
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 09:14 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 204

Dee Gordan, Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw. Three players who I could watch all day, everyday for completely different reasons!
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:18 PM

All-Star

Couldn't agree more! 3 great guys to watch. Hoping Jansen can throw some Ks now, I like the look of him especially what he started to do last year!
LA_Valiants
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:48 PM

Rookie

ANDRE!!!! BOOM! smile.gif
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 01:34 PM

All-Star

6-1! We're off to our best start since 1981 when we captured the World Series. I'm not saying we're going to have the same fate this year though but a great start nonetheless. With great contributions from Kemp and a rejuvenated Ethier things have gotten off to a flying start.

Chad Billingsley & Javy Guerra have been the real standouts however. Billingsley has allowed only 8 hits in his opening 2 victory & Guerra is 100% in converting his save opportunities with 5 already.

We now welcome San Diego for a 3 game series so hopefully we can continue our hot start.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:57 AM

All-Star

Welcome to the home run club Dee Gordon aka Skinny Swag. He launched a no doubter to right field tonight against the Rockies (In Choors Field nonetheless:) ) to record his first major league long ball.

Looks like we'll continue our good run with a win over the divisional rival Rockies, currently 7-2 up in the 7th. ESPN Fantasy predicts Dee would only get 1 homer this season, I wonder can he knock in a few more now he's gotten a taste for it, I hope so!
LA_Valiants
Posted: May 15 2012, 08:47 PM

Rookie

Urgh, Matt Kemp on the 15 day DL. Hopefully it's no longer and pitching, Andre and Ellis can see us through. Sucks that we have a pretty crucial couple of series' against the dbacks coming up. Take note new owners, we have literally zero hitting depth. Ever the pessimist I've been waiting for something to go wrong this season, I just assumed it would be our schedule getting tough, not our key man being out. (oh and please don't move Andre over to CF!) Get well soon Matt...really really soon!
Tijani
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 04:36 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Andre Ethier signs 5 year, $85 million deal with the Dodgers. How do Dodgers fans, and everyone else, feel about this deal?

For me the Dodgers overpaid but I can sort of understand why they felt they had to. He hasnít been a great player over the course of his career but when you look at the hitters available in free agency this season and they may well have had to pay him more as it isnít a good free agent class. The new ownership also wants to make a statement and letting him go via free agency probably wouldnít send out the right message.
galraen
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 11:16 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Seventeen million per year is a lot, but a career .291/.363/.481 slash line, with a career OPS of .845, don't come along every day. I certainly wish we hadn't traded him!
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 05:27 AM

All-Star

QUOTE (Tijani @ Jun 14 2012, 04:36 AM)
Andre Ethier signs 5 year, $85 million deal with the Dodgers. How do Dodgers fans, and everyone else, feel about this deal?

For me the Dodgers overpaid but I can sort of understand why they felt they had to. He hasnít been a great player over the course of his career but when you look at the hitters available in free agency this season and they may well have had to pay him more as it isnít a good free agent class. The new ownership also wants to make a statement and letting him go via free agency probably wouldnít send out the right message.

Hi guys,

Sorry my laptop has been out of action for the past while so I haven't really been able to get online too much. Yea I agree with you Tijani. He isn't really worth the full value of his contract but he is worth somewhere close enough to justify paying that money due to the thin hitting class available. His career year this year is helping him add a few more digits to it I'm sure too. Overall, I'm happy enough with the signing. It means we have Ethier & Kemp locked into long term deals.

I think the new owners will try & make a splash this winter also but won't be crazy. Cole Hamels is certainly a guy I think we'll make a good run at. Nice to still be going well as we approach the all star break now in a month. If Kemp can get off the DL soon we can keep the divisional lead safely.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 20 2012, 04:47 AM

Hall of Famer

Getting Kemp back will be big for the Dodgers. I do wonder if the Dodgers will take on a big contract at the trade deadline as they have a lot of money to spend. The problem is most teams look like they will be in the race and Iím not sure who will be available. I think Youkilis could be a good fit but Iím not sure the Red Sox will trade him.

It is a while away but I think the Dodgers will be in the bidding for most of the big free agents with Hamels and Greinke being the two big pitchers available. You really could do with adding a couple of bats to go along with Kemp and Ethier but the problem is there arenít a lot available. I think you will get Napoli as a free agent and it will be interesting to see how aggressively you go after Hamilton.
galraen
Posted: Jun 20 2012, 07:36 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I think Youkilis could be a good fit but Iím not sure the Red Sox will trade him.

They'll trade him at the drop of the hat if they can get a decent return for him, and there's the rub. Right now his trade value is minimal, they really need him to kick into top gear over the next month to make him at all appealing.

The Dodgers are looking to upgrade at first base, they are deeply disappointed in Loney's chronic lack of power, but right now replacing him with Youk would be a downgrade.

Another area the Dodgers must be looking to beef up offensively is short stop, Dee Gordon simply isn't cutting it with the bat. They could also do with a consistent third baseman, obviously Youk could plug that gap too, but not at his current state of productivity,
Tijani
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 04:02 AM

Hall of Famer

If Youkilis does start to perform then the Red Sox could look to keep him but Iím not sure that even a good month will boost his trade value enough to get them a decent return. I donít see anyone giving up what the Red Sox would want at the moment and the Dodgers donít have a great farm system.

The Dodgers would love to make a couple of upgrades to the offence but it is going to be difficult with so many teams still in the race for the playoffs. There arenít many good offences in the NL so a few minor moves to help out Kemp and Ethier could be all that is needed.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 29 2012, 01:54 AM

Hall of Famer

It is being reported that the Dodgers have agreed on a seven-year, $42 million deal with Cuban outfielder Yasiel Puig. It does seem like a lot of money but only time will tell how good he is.
Percentage
Posted: Jul 2 2012, 06:49 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 27

Carlos Lee of the Astros making up his mind on a move as well i gather?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1300 seconds | Archive