Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

NFL News, General NFL Stories.
galraen
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 10:41 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

For a Jets game I might actually raid the piggy bank!
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 10:46 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

I'm clearing my throat already to get ready for to do some BOOOOOOOOING lol

Wouldn't mind seeing the Jets though, seeing them lose in person wou;d be a Great weekend.

Heck if it means a lot of people on here going, we can finally get round to having a meet up between some of us

I assume AC will go as well, I'll be there for sure as well.

Rams had a bad year but have a new coach and do have some talent on the team so they might be a vastly improved tam next season.

Details about the 2012 IS Game will be annoucned tomorrow so we'll know for sure then I guess about whos playing.

CubbieDream
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 07:26 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 2

user posted image

Perfect example of why the fans turned on Schotty....here was the play call for a 3rd down and short. Maybe if Sanchez had thrown it to McKnight he would have made it, but all receivers running a route short of first down. Terrible.
galraen
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 07:44 PM

Administrator

Didn't even occur to the receivers that they should actually get past the first down marker before looking back for the ball? The receiver at the top of the screen was the only one who would have made a first down had the ball been thrown to him. Fair criticism of the play calling, but the QB and receivers have to shoulder their share of the blame.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 12:49 AM

Hall of Famer

Looks like we are going to be hiring Joe Philbin as our HC according to a few unnamed sources,

Seems a smart move the Packers have ranked in the top 10 the past few years although it helps having a Rodgers of course but he seems to know how to get the best out of an offence and we really do need an offence minded HC again to light a spark under them

Been a tough few weeks for him after the death of his son so maybe he thinks a fresh start in Miami is best for his family.

At Least we finally seem to have got a coach after numerous rumours and interviews.

1sr port of call will be the draft and what to do about the QB Position
CubbieDream
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 08:10 AM

All-Star

Much better hire IMO than the other rumoured candidates. Do you think you will make a play for Matty Flynn as QB Lee?
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 11:01 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Jan 21 2012, 08:10 AM)
Much better hire IMO than the other rumoured candidates. Do you think you will make a play for Matty Flynn as QB Lee?

A very good one according to a few news reports/Gossip columinsts put two and two together but I'm sure in reality its something Philbin will likely pursue given his ties with Flynn.

Apparently he is getting 100% control over his hirings so we'll see who he brings in and then we can get to work on building an offence and draft planning
galraen
Posted: May 3 2012, 03:23 AM

Administrator

So now the NFL have decided to pick a fight with the players union over the 'Bounty' controversy by suspending four Saints players. The refusal to disclose the alledged evidence on which the suspension was based isn't going to help matters. This is going to run and run I suspect, I'm really not sure what the NFL hopes to gain form this, or what their real motive is.
A_C
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:12 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (galraen @ May 3 2012, 03:23 AM)
I suspect, I'm really not sure what the NFL hopes to gain form this, or what their real motive is.

Perhaps something related to the cases being brought against the NFL for concussions etc by former players? That would be my best guess.

Apparently Terrell Suggs is going to be out for the year. As much as it's good news for other AFC teams it's a huge shame cos he's got to be in the top five most exciting players to watch. At least they've drafted Upshaw and have a capable replacement.
galraen
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:01 PM

Administrator

I'm not sure about the situation re the suits for concussions in the US, crazy things can happen under US laws, but anywhere else the suits would be doomed to failure. On the other hand I suspect a lawsuit over these suspensions are much more likely to succceed.
galraen
Posted: May 8 2012, 08:00 PM

Administrator

It seems a key issue in the concussion lawsuits is a claim that the NFL withheld information. I gather, if the information hadn't been withheld players may well have made different choices about playing after getting concussed. If this is true, and it can be proven that the NFL did withhold critical information, then the lawsuit is much more serious for the NFL than I thought.
A_C
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:37 PM

Hall of Famer

What I don't quite understand about the whole bounty thing is why did Vilma get a year suspended and the GM only six games? It seems disproportionate even if Vilma was the defensive captain.
A_C
Posted: May 10 2012, 10:45 AM

Hall of Famer

Anyone see these power rankings on the NFL site? The Bears at five seem rather high and the Falcons at 17 low. The Jets at 18 is about where I'd guess they would rank right now, even if I think theyll finish above some of the higher placed teams. Also, is it just me, or is hearing the Patriots "aced the draft" on every site kinda annoying? If the Jets or Raiders, for example, had taken a safety in the second round, who was projected to go on day three, they would have been killed by the media.

CubbieDream
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:58 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (A_C @ May 10 2012, 10:45 AM)
Anyone see these power rankings on the NFL site? The Bears at five seem rather high and the Falcons at 17 low. The Jets at 18 is about where I'd guess they would rank right now, even if I think theyll finish above some of the higher placed teams. Also, is it just me, or is hearing the Patriots "aced the draft" on every site kinda annoying? If the Jets or Raiders, for example, had taken a safety in the second round, who was projected to go on day three, they would have been killed by the media.

I guess all you can do is take an educated guess in the off-season, Patriots draft is controversial and I wouldn't call it stellar, but you know they are the media darlings so oh well. The offence is absolutely loaded though. Bears at #5 is a joke....an 8-8 team the same as the Jets. Bengals jumping 7 spots on the basis of a good draft on paper is a head scratcher. I would personally put Carolina a lot higher and the Rams have had a good off-season so maybe move them up a spot or two.
A_C
Posted: May 19 2012, 12:18 AM

Hall of Famer

That's our Safety problems solved; A 34 year old guy let go by the Dolphins! To be fair I presume Sprano must still rate him for us to bring him in, but we need a mobile coverage guy and he's not that. We do have a little back-up at S with our low end draft picks, but I'm almost as worried about this as I am with Hunter at tackle.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1182 seconds | Archive