Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Movies
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 06:24 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Went to see Senna today with My Brother on its 1 day screnning and thought it was brilliant.

If you have any interested in Formula 1 or motor racing then it is a must see, very well put together and the contribution voice overs are very timely and slotted in well. Some great insight into what goes on behind the scenes at races and in race mettings.

As someone who only really knows Senna from the record books (as I was 6 and a half when he had his tragic accident, I remember hearing about it and seeing footage and stuff but being that young I wasn't fully aware of what was happening and didn't start to watch consistently weekly until 96 when Hill was on top) it was great to see him racing and see his lifestory.

Some emotional scenes as well, like when in a interview from earlu 90's it was he talks about how a racers carrer is short in comparison to the general lifespan of a human and was saying how he hoped to live long ETC.

One other scene was when he was on a Christamas show in Brazil after winning the world title in 88, he is on stage with his GF and she asks what his wishes are and he wispers it to her, and she Kisses him and says I bless You for 89, Kisses him again and bless you 90, it hoes on like that but she stops at I bless you for 93.

Felt weird seeing her stop blessing him at 93, knowing what happened in 94.

Very good documovie and highly recommended
A_C
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 07:53 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

I've heard it's really good, but I read that the TV documentary that it was edited down from is even better and if you can you should try see that instead. I just want to see it either way to be honest, but instead I'm going to see Bad Teacher tomorrow, agh.

I have to say the X-men movie was pretty good. It might be the best one I've seen so far, it's on a par with X2. The Green Lantern, on the other hand, looks utter crap.
fishandchippers
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 08:44 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

I might go see Green Lantern tomorrow but it gets really bad reviews pretty much everywhere. I don't actually like Green Lantern as a comic book character either but hey I'll give it a chance.

I saw the new Pirates of the Caribbean last week, one of the worst films I've seen this year. Awful.

fishandchippers
Posted: Jun 22 2011, 01:39 PM

All-Star

I saw Green Lantern today, I actually didn't hate it. Fairly enjoyed it. Decent bit of action and pretty clever in places. Good bad guy, decent origin story etc. Could have been worse.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 09:04 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

I saw Crash last night for first time and was blown away.

What a beautiful film, probably takes a spot in my top 10 of all time.
fishandchippers
Posted: Jun 23 2011, 09:28 AM

All-Star

Crash is a great film.
A_C
Posted: Jul 14 2011, 03:42 PM

Hall of Famer

Anyone seen Tree of Life yet? It's been a few days since I've seen it and I'm still confused about how I feel. It's either genius or self indulgent - The only films I can vaguely compare it to is 2001 with a touch of Gummo. At times it's stunning and at other times you're just waiting for it to end.
fishandchippers
Posted: Jul 15 2011, 09:55 PM

All-Star

I'm avoiding Tree of Life like the plague. Everyone I know that has seen it has branded it self indulgent super pretentious rubbish. Few folk I know walked out.

Anyone seen the last Harry Potter film yet? Probably an understatement to say I was excited to see it but I did this morning. It's excellent.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jul 16 2011, 05:14 PM

Hall of Famer

Have only seen the 1st Harry Potter film and havn't read any of the books so its safe to say the Potter craze has well and truly passed me by.

Doubt i'll be seeing this one unless my GF can't find someone to go with then I'll probably have to but I'll be very lost.

Just dosn't interest me at all
fishandchippers
Posted: Jul 16 2011, 06:09 PM

All-Star

the last two have really put all the rest of the films (apart from Order of the Pheonix and maybe Prisoner of Azkaban) to shame. The two combined really make a great adventure movie.
A_C
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 05:41 PM

Hall of Famer

**** the Harry Potter excitement, this is the final movie we're all waiting for TDK Rises
Colour me excited.
fishandchippers
Posted: Jul 19 2011, 07:06 PM

All-Star

yes excited for that one to mate. Although the teaser trailer is a bit of a cop out. Mostly just footage from the other films.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Jul 21 2011, 05:50 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

Saw a couple of decent trailers last night.

The Planet of the Apes one looks pretty good.

The Inbetweeners, what can i say. The trailer left me drooling in anticipation It must be something to do with reliving my late teenage years because im sure it isnt aimed at 30 year old+ blokes.
A_C
Posted: Jul 21 2011, 09:32 PM

Hall of Famer

I've seen two trailers for Planet of the Apes, one it looked pretty good and the other it looked terrible. It was like they were two different movies. No doubt all my female friends will want to see it as it has James Franco in it. The handsome ******* biggrin.gif
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jul 24 2011, 07:13 PM

Hall of Famer

Finally saw Transformers 3 yesterday over in Portsmouth whilst visiting My Gf brother and Girlfriend.

I like it, its robots beating the crap out of each other which was enough for me, the women who replaced Megan Fox though seemed a bit pointless, If she wasn't in it then it wouldn't of made a difference what so ever as her only real role was in the final few minutes.

Probably see Cars 2 this week and then Captain America but that might have to wait until payday a week on Friday

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1212 seconds | Archive