Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

World Series dates
pld3009
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 11:11 AM

Everyday Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

Looking to book my leave to watch the WS this year. I believe it is to start on Wednesday 19th October so it doesn't run into November. Does anyone know the exact dates for the games?

I am guessing

Game 1 Wed 19th Oct
Game 2 Thu 20th Oct

Game 3 Sat 22nd Oct
Game 4 Sun 23rd Oct
Game 5 Mon 24th Oct*

Game 6 Wed 26th Oct*
Game 7 Thu 27th Oct*

* if needed.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 05:30 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

I don't think that the exact dates have been announced but it will start on the 19th of October and I haven't read any plans to change the number of off days. So I would guess that those are the correct dates.
woodface777
Posted: Jun 27 2011, 01:08 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 66

Thanks for the info fellas. I seem to always have to leave it 'til the last minute to book annual leave for the World Series and work are less than impressed when it runs over the start of the calendar month so these dates would be superb. Game 4 would even coincide with my birthday. Who knows. Even the mighty Mariners might make an appearance wacko.gif (delusional, moi?). Any ideas when the dates get officially confirmed?
Tijani
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 10:40 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

MLB has announced the 2011 Postseason Schedule. The World Series dates are the same as what PLD3009 posted:

Game 1 Wed 19th Oct
Game 2 Thu 20th Oct

Game 3 Sat 22nd Oct
Game 4 Sun 23rd Oct
Game 5 Mon 24th Oct*

Game 6 Wed 26th Oct*
Game 7 Thu 27th Oct*

* if needed.

The dates for the rest of the rounds can be viewed here:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/pre...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Padres_Exile
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 12:44 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 121

Excellent, ill be booking those dates off work! biggrin.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0864 seconds | Archive