Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Bird Feed - Blue Jays fans
ejp
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 11:42 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

The big news this week is that Kyle Drabek has been optioned to Triple-A. He had really been awful lately, with his season ERA rising to 5.70 in 14 starts, and having walked more hitters than he's struck out. He's been replaced by Zachary Stewart, who has been called up from Double-A New Hampshire and will make his mlb debut on Thursday. That's hard on Brad Mills to be overlooked, as he leads the Pacific Coast League in innings pitched (82.2), ERA (2.87) and WHIP (1.15), in what is a notorious hitters' league.

Brett Lawrie looked set for a call-up from Triple-A until he was hit by a pitch, fracturing a bone in his hand. He'll need a few weeks recovery time and then has to show that his hitting is unaffected, so I doubt we'll see him with the Jays until after the All-Star break.

Adam Lind has been hitting superbly since coming off the DL, offering Jose Bautista some protection. Bautista has slowed down a little in his home-run pace, but he's still getting on base nearly half the time.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 06:40 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

Yunel Escobar has agreed a two-year extension with the Blue Jays. The deal also includes club options for the 2014 and 2015. He will get a base salary of $5 million in each of the years including the two option years. How do Blue Jays fans feel about this deal?
ejp
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 07:21 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 15

I'm very happy with the Escobar extension. Anthopulos works his magic again!

$5million a year is not much to pay for a player of Escobar's quality. He is a strong fielder at a premium position, gets on base well and has decent power for a SS. The 2 guaranteed years (2012-13) cover his last 2 arbitration years, and the 2 options cover his first 2 free agent years, so this looks like a great deal for the Jays. AA seems to have a knack for getting players to agree to these, particularly the option years which give the team so much flexibility.

One year on, the trade with Atlanta (Jays get Escobar & Jo-Jo Reyes for Alex Gonzalez/Tim Collins/Tyler Pastornicky) is looking even better. Even Reyes has pitched ok lately.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 21 2011, 02:01 AM

Hall of Famer

That deal is beginning to look really good for the Blue Jays. Iím surprised he signed the deal but it might be down to him being happy in Toronto. Did he not have some problems in Atlanta?
mark_htfc
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 10:37 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 152

Has anybody seen the new Blue Jays logo? I'm unable to post a picture as I'm on the IPAD but I watched the video and I love it. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like it as I rely liked the one we had but the old style looks good, I also like the way we have gone back to the old style shirts too.

Here's hoping that we have a successful season.
mark_htfc
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 10:52 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 152

After the anouncement of the new "old" look for the Blue Jays which already got me feeling good about our chances next season, that feeling is a lot stronger after the signings we have made this year.

I think that we will be strong this coming season and I'm hoping for at least a place in the play-offs, I don't think we will win the World Series but I do feel that we look good enough to at least make the play-offs this season.

Come on Blue Jays cool.gif
Vader
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 10:12 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 258

Been a while since I've managed to get online and I take it my old account must have been deleted with the move over here but I'm absolutely buzzing for this coming season!

New closer, a better bullpen, re-signed the players I wanted us to keep...

TORONTO BLUE JAYS = WILDCARD WINNERS 2012 (at least!)

OK, I'm away for a lie down! biggrin.gif

GO JAYS!
Vader
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 12:07 PM

Everyday Regular

I absolutely love this...

Tribute to Cito Gaston
Vader
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 10:19 AM

Everyday Regular

So, what's everyone's thoughts on the start to the season?!

Been slightly disappointed with Brandon so far but hopeful that he'll come good as the season progresses - didn't have his fastball working at all last night! sad.gif
Vader
Posted: May 8 2012, 08:43 PM

Everyday Regular

Came across a Jays specific podcast for us, check it out...

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/blue-ja...eek/id430621876

Just started listening to the latest one and they are talking about my favourite Jay, Brandon Morrow's game against the Angels! biggrin.gif
Mossparkman
Posted: Sep 22 2012, 07:02 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 486

Any Jays fans out there?
Gorneesh
Posted: Oct 3 2012, 06:43 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 497

QUOTE (Mossparkman @ Sep 22 2012, 07:02 PM)
Any Jays fans out there?

There dont seem to be many of us here, or they may be hiding laugh.gif
Tijani
Posted: Nov 14 2012, 11:33 PM

Hall of Famer

While the Marlins are being criticised for the deal but surely the Blue Jays must be commended on making such a bold trade.

A line-up of
SS Reyes
2B Izturis/Bonafacio
RF Bautista
DH Encarnacion
3B Lawrie
CF Rasmus
1B Lind
C Arencibia/Buck
LF Gose

Rotation

Johnson
Morrow
Buehrle
Romero
Happ

The line-up looks very good if everyone stays healthy. The rotation has a lot of question marks with Johnson and Morrow both having injury problems. If they stay healthy they will both pitch well but staying healthy has been a problem for them. Buehrle will pitch his 200 innings and will be solid enough. Romero has a lot of potential but hasnít lived up to his potential. The bullpen also needs some work done on it.

The trade makes the Blue Jays a lot better but they arenít a lock for the playoffs. I think they have made this deal at the right time. The Red Sox are rebuilding, the Yankees are good but are concerned with payroll and the Rays and Orioles both have problems that they need to fix.

How does everyone think the Blue Jays will do next season?
Leemarlin87
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 09:16 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Blue Jays have a shot but like you say there far from a lock

the division is one of the toughest in baseball the moves they made made them stronger but then we thought that last year and look how that turned out.

If Johnson stays healthy is really is an ace which might be the key in how well they do
MadHatterBlues
Posted: Nov 15 2012, 09:50 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 50

I think its great for baseball if the Blue-Jays can have a strong couple of years following the trade.

Adding Reyes is excellent, i'm less keen on Johnson/Buerhle but obviously if Johnson returns to top form its a hell of a rotation for next year.

Overall it puts the spotlight on the other AL East teams for the off-season so we could see a good few more moves coming now.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2319 seconds | Archive