Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mariano Rivera
galraen
Posted: May 4 2012, 11:43 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It looks like Mo is out for the season, maybe for good as he was heavilly hinting that this might be his last season. A major blow for the Yankees, and not the way I'd like to see his career end. I suspect he won't want to end like this either, so would be surprised if he doesn't come back for one last hurrah.

fishandchippers
Posted: May 4 2012, 12:09 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

always a shame to see a legendary player injured, especially if it ends his career. As you say that I can't see Mariano wanting to go out like that so I'd expect him back.
Rabscallion
Posted: May 4 2012, 04:28 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Rivera might be out for good - big blow for the yankees but a shame for Baseball. He was (is) fantastic, sorry to see him go out this way - if that's the case.
Vader
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:05 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 258

"I'm coming back! Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this!" - Mariano to reporters today (via Facebook)

smile.gif
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 4 2012, 09:12 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

It was really bad; I mean not only does it make a sub-par pitching situation worse, but it would be a horrible way for Mo to go out. A sixth ring would be fitting. Anyway, I hope he has a speedy recovery. I felt really sorry for him when he had his interview. But he'll be back, and I can't wait for his next save! He is an exceptional guy.
Tijani
Posted: May 5 2012, 02:15 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 9

This is sad news. I don't like to see players getting injured and hopefully he makes a full recovery and is able to pitch again. It's a blow to the Yankees but the have one of the best bullpens in baseball and they should cope without him.
Leemarlin87
Posted: May 5 2012, 05:10 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Really sad news for him, Yankees and baseball really, no one wants such a legendary and well respected player to go out like that.

Hopefully he will come back in 2013 for one last year
RaysTheRoof
Posted: May 5 2012, 07:54 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 351

That would be really sad, but I reckon he'll be back even if he has surgery, they'll give him one last outing on the mound at Yankee Stadium I guarantee it 100%, even if he has to hobble out there on walking sticks in the 9th to take a curtain call one night when the Yankees have an 8-0 lead.
davidjohn
Posted: Aug 2 2012, 10:57 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 417

I think he comes back for farewell match.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0558 seconds | Archive