Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My first time...
Vader
Posted: May 3 2012, 03:31 PM

Everyday Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 258

No, nothing dodgy... I am playing my first competitive game of softball tonight!

Mixture of excitement and nerves, having never played before but I'm sure I'll enjoy it thoroughly!

Going to be starting at 3B and will be batting 9th... I'll let you all know how I get on! biggrin.gif
Vader
Posted: May 3 2012, 10:20 PM

Everyday Regular

Well...

I wish I could say I was awesome and took to it like a fish to water but I have to be honest and say that it is a lot harder than it looks!

After getting a solid base hit in my first at bat, I went 1 for 4, with 1 strikeout. I didn't suck and really did enjoy it - a little bit of practice and I'm sure I'll get a lot better!

The team we were playing tonight were pretty good and they apparently were playing in the premier division last year so we did well to only lose by 5 runs!

Bring on the next game!
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 4 2012, 03:19 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Well done on your first base hit smile.gif Hopefully the march to 3,000 starts here. I would love to play a bit myself. I can imagine it's harder than it looks.
How did your defensive duties go at 3B?
Rabscallion
Posted: May 4 2012, 05:37 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

Hey well done,
i'm really jealous - I'm sure you will get better - A base hit - Cool
Vader
Posted: May 4 2012, 04:37 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (Kid Cuddy @ May 4 2012, 03:19 AM)
Well done on your first base hit smile.gif Hopefully the march to 3,000 starts here. I would love to play a bit myself. I can imagine it's harder than it looks.
How did your defensive duties go at 3B?

Loved playing at 3B and only had to make one throw to 1st which was slightly off but I rushed the throw so it went away from the bag meaning the 1B had to come off the bag to get the ball - I've at least learned to take a bit more time to compose myself!

Our CF injured his leg so was moved to 3B and I played the last 3 innings out there, didn't enjoy it as much but certainly less stressful! cool.gif
Vader
Posted: May 9 2012, 02:30 PM

Everyday Regular

Second game of the season tonight, starting in LF - hoping for a better night with the bat and a WIN! biggrin.gif
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:48 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Keep us updated with your boxscore when you return
Vader
Posted: May 9 2012, 11:13 PM

Everyday Regular

Reached base 3 out of 4 times (1 hit coming round to score, then 2 on fielder's choice), then struck out swinging in my last at bat! Made a pretty good catch to get the other side out in the 3rd but fumbled one in the 5th but managed to get it into 2nd quickly enough to restrict their guy to a double!

Slight improvement on last week and hoping that in a few weeks time I'll be more valuable as the season goes on!

We are now 0-2 though after losing by 5 runs again!!
Rabscallion
Posted: May 11 2012, 06:13 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

Bad luck re result but another hit - well done. Keep the updates coming
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1093 seconds | Archive