Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

A few pics from New york
Rabscallion
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:35 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

here's a few pics from New York

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
chuckles396
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:43 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 362

Nice photos. Looks like you had a quality seat. cool.gif
Rabscallion
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:45 PM

Hall of Famer

Yeah it was 2nd deck, row 2, but this is about as close I got to catching a ball

user posted image

But not to hitting! Had a go in the Chelsea Pier Batting cage. Did OK on the slow (50-60 mph) balls, actually got hold of a couple really well, but tried the fast 90+ one shown here and didn't even see them !

user posted image

This is highly recommended for any Baseball fan who hasn't done it - relatively cheap $2.00 for 10 pitches. You can do slow pitch soft ball and all speeds in between too.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:54 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

A great selection of snaps you put up there Rob. It must be a quality camera you have too, they're brilliant quality.
The batting cage looks intriguing, I'd love to try it out. Can only imagine how fast a 90mph fastball must seem!
I'd say it was a great trip to Yankee stadium even if ur a saawx man smile.gif Are you back to the real world & home now? sad.gif
Rabscallion
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:00 AM

Hall of Famer

Yankee Stadium was very interesting - excellent atmosphere - even some chanting which is petty unusual in my experience. Stay out of the Bleachers - there were a couple of ejections from there, mind you two got thrown out of the Phillies game I was at too - mainly for being idiots.

What struck me, although it shouldn't with UK soccer ground/TV experience, is how small the stadiums are in real life (all relative of course Yankee stadium being a quadruple decker), really special views.

If you've only seen Baseball on TV watch out for all the movement around the various types of play - really slick stuff.

Foodwise - both stadiums very expensive with Yankees charging $12.00 for a beer. Mets a bit less at $8.75. I used the Sports bars outside Yankee stadium - but they get real busy - if poss go there a couple or maybe even three hours early and eat outside too. There isn't anything outside Citi Field

I would recommend having at least an hour and a half before first pitch to walk round and check out the museums/Memorial plaza and so on. You can do that during the game but I don't like to miss a pitch if I can help it.

Yankee gear can be had in the Sports shops around NYC - possibly a bit cheaper that the stadium, but I didn't see much Mets stuff except inside Citi Field - good selection there though.

user posted image

user posted image
Rabscallion
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:13 AM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Kid Cuddy @ May 2 2012, 05:54 AM)

The batting cage looks intriguing, I'd love to try it out. Can only imagine how fast a 90mph fastball must seem!
... Are you back to the real world & home now? sad.gif

Do the Cage thing - really good experience- start on the softball or slow pitch one.

Back home and writing this before I set off for work ;(

Is it your family's first time to NYC? I can tell you a few things we've done which might be of interest to you e.g taking the Staten Island Ferry - a free cruise past the Statue of Liberty- you may know that stuff already of course.
acletiger
Posted: May 2 2012, 02:09 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 116

Great photo's. Looks like a great trip. It amazes the prices of Food and Beer in the stadiums, but it doesnt seem to put many off buying it.
MLBsteve
Posted: May 2 2012, 03:27 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 334

Some great pics Rob, glad you had a good time. Can't wait for my trip, 12 weeks to go!!! biggrin.gif

I will post some shots of At&T and Dodger stadium when I get round to it.
Mex_17
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:20 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Brilliant photos, Rob. Can't wait to get over myself some time!

I knew the price of food and drink was a bit expensive, but $12 for a beer is madness.
RaysTheRoof
Posted: May 2 2012, 08:34 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 351

Super pictures, if you took them yourself you have a great eye with the camera. I really want to go to the new Yankee Stadium one day, preferably when the Rays are playing there.
Rabscallion
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:21 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (RaysTheRoof @ May 2 2012, 08:34 PM)
Super pictures, if you took them yourself you have a great eye with the camera. I really want to go to the new Yankee Stadium one day, preferably when the Rays are playing there.

I did, none taken by the way?! It's a good camera mind you. Hats off to the Yankees (although Red Sox are cool about cameras too) they were cool about my large(ish) 400mm lens. I sweated a lot re taking a large lens in but having carried it 3,000 miles - had to give it a go. I got some good ones with 200mm lens at Boston (they're on here somewhere) but nipped into the expensive seats to get them- couldn't have done that here.

I'd love to see the Red Sox play/win there, it would be amazing, the atmosphere is pretty intense for the Tigers. A Divisional game that meant something would be ace I'm sure. Toffee Yankee can let us know later in the year - although not sure ho much a game v Red Sox is going to matter this year sad.gif
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:33 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

QUOTE (Rabscallion @ May 2 2012, 06:13 AM)

Is it your family's first time to NYC? I can tell you a few things we've done which might be of interest to you e.g taking the Staten Island Ferry - a free cruise past the Statue of Liberty- you may know that stuff already of course.

Yes it is indeed our first time going there. We won't find it now, just a couple of weeks away now. Yea I really noticed what a great standard your photos from the game & trip were, really impressive.
I honestly don't know too much about tips and that re New York so it would be very much appreciated. I'll PM you now.
Thanks
Rabscallion
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:38 PM

Hall of Famer

I'll get the Mrs to add a girl perspective for you too.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:50 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Some cracking photos; I absolutely love the last shot of Brooklyn Bridge. Funnily enough the B&W just sits right with it; amazing shot. Some great shots of the games as well, and I'm really excited to hear about the batting cages. I wanted to have a go in the ones at Citi Field, but it was packed, and I couldn't be bothered waiting in a massive line (to put it into perspective, it was the record attendance at Citi Field tongue.gif).

Also, it's a massive game - even if there is nothing to play for in the standings, there's always bragging rights. Currently, they are held by us wink.gif.

Glad you had a great time.
vegangoth
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:57 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 245

Brilliant photos I really enjoyed seeing them. Thank you for posting. I've been to new York but never got a chance to go to Yankee stadium, hopefully there will be another chance in the future biggrin.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0797 seconds | Archive