Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mets fan finally :-)
SNYMets
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:23 PM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

Hello.

Nice to be here, I do hope itís OK for me to join in with you?

I joined here around spring training time but I never got around to posting anything until now, so finally I am doing so.

My name is Tom, Iím 28 years old and I live in Tarporley in Cheshire.

Iím a fan of the New York Mets going back to 2003 when I did 1 year of under-graduate study in a student exchange program between my Uni of Magdalen College Oxford, and City College of New York, and so I lived for about 9 months in the Hamilton Heights district of New York, which is near to where the main campus is for CCNY, and during that time I became a Mets fan and would sometimes go to watch them with my friends.

I now try to watch their games on SNY, or when itís not on too late anyway.

Iíve been back to NY a few times to visit the fantastic friends that I made over there.

I got married in May of 2009 and we had our honeymoon in NY and also in New Hampshire, and Iím going to New York on the 18th of August for 10 days and am planning to go to 2 games against the Astros and the Rockies.

So, be very pleased to meet any other fans here, especially any Mets fans, maybe we can chat about this very good start the Mets are having, which really nobody predicted.

Thanks.
WMCHRIS
Posted: May 1 2012, 10:12 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

Welcome aboard Tom, there's quite a few mets fans on here for whatever reason.

Yeah certainly been a good start, need to make sure we get a win against the Astros tonight though. I think we have a decent team this year, no big egos, everybody pulling together and we've really shown some character at times this season

Btw do you manage to get a stream for SNY or do you mean the SNY coverage on MLB tv? If its the former I'd be interested as to where from as I'd like to see more of the build up to games than they show on mlbtv

All the best, enjoy the forum
Rabscallion
Posted: May 2 2012, 05:02 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

Welcome Tom,
I'm just back from Citi Field after watching a Mets victory. Great place, as is this board, hope you like it here.

I'm interested in your reply to WMChris too.

Rob
SNYMets
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:32 AM

Rookie

Sorry Rob, Chris, yes I meant to say that I watch SNY via my subscription to MLB TV, which as you say doesn't include any of the build up or post-game stuff.

But I still love it as Gary, Ron, Keith, and Kevin are just so entertaining, and even better when Ralph Kiner is also in the broadcast booth too.

I think the Mets perhaps have the best broadcast team of all, I've watched a lot of other teams online and there's a few good ones, like the Marlins and Orioles and Cubs, but SNY is fantastic.

I'd love to see the pre-post game show with Bob Ojeda, but have only ever seen that when I've been over there, I don't think it's available online, though the SNY website has some great interviews and stuff on it each day that you don't get on MLB

http://web.sny.tv/index.jsp

I'm jealous Rob, I have to wait until August before I can go, sorry we lost last night to Houston again.

Leemarlin87
Posted: May 2 2012, 07:30 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Welcome to the forum

There is a lot of Mets fans on here, best supported team on here I think so you've got company and lots of people to discuss Mets ball with
WMCHRIS
Posted: May 2 2012, 08:11 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

QUOTE (SNYMets @ May 2 2012, 06:32 AM)
Sorry Rob, Chris, yes I meant to say that I watch SNY via my subscription to MLB TV, which as you say doesn't include any of the build up or post-game stuff.

But I still love it as Gary, Ron, Keith, and Kevin are just so entertaining, and even better when Ralph Kiner is also in the broadcast booth too.

I think the Mets perhaps have the best broadcast team of all, I've watched a lot of other teams online and there's a few good ones, like the Marlins and Orioles and Cubs, but SNY is fantastic.

I'd love to see the pre-post game show with Bob Ojeda, but have only ever seen that when I've been over there, I don't think it's available online, though the SNY website has some great interviews and stuff on it each day that you don't get on MLB

http://web.sny.tv/index.jsp

I'm jealous Rob, I have to wait until August before I can go, sorry we lost last night to Houston again.

Cheers for that not been on that site before
metsfan247
Posted: May 3 2012, 06:15 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 280

welcome SNYMets.

Nice to have another Met fan onboard.

I am sure you will enjoy the chat on the forums.

It is a little disapointing you dont get all the pre-game and post -game stuff on MLB.TV

The SNY/WPIX announcers are also my favourite, and thats not just being biased. Gary is the fountain of baseball knowledge. He is a native of Queens and is a Mets fan but whiel his love for the Mets shine through he calls a fair game. Ron & Keith have plenty of anecdotes. They work well together.

smile.gif
SNYMets
Posted: May 6 2012, 03:28 PM

Rookie

Thank you for the nice welcome, I will try to post more often in coming weeks, I've been having some problems with my internet as I just changed from BT to Virgin cable, which has affected the TV, phones, internet, everything really.

Glad there's a few great sounding Mets fans here anyway.
Mets/mike
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:47 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 371

Yay of for the Mets contingency ! Hey Mate brand spanking new myself ,positive vibes this season mate,David wright is on fire!!!!
ashperry83
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 10:05 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 235

Loads of Mets fans on here!
galraen
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 02:00 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I do hope itís OK for me to join in with you?

Of course it is, you're most welcome to jump in and comment on anything; don't just limit yourself to commenting on the Mets either.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0930 seconds | Archive