Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Guess where I'm going?, No prizes for correct answer.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:09 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 265

Well just to continue the recent trend, I am also going to New York this year, in late September/early October, which I'm hoping to book on Thursday. I've already bought my Yankees tickets though, and I'm going to all three games against the Rex Sox (the regular season closing series), where I will be sitting to the right of the Yankees bullpen. I'm also hoping to go to the 49ers/Jets game (I'm a Jets fan just so you know tongue.gif).

It won't be my first time to see the Yankees play (I went to Yankees/Mets at Citi Field last year), but it'll be my first trip to Yankee Stadium, and I can't wait to go! It makes it extra special being against the Red Sox, so I anticipate a good atmosphere and hopefully three great games of baseball. I really can't wait, and I love New York, it's my favourite place. Let's go Yankees biggrin.gif!
Rabscallion
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:45 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

sounds fantastic and a Jets game to boot! Excellent!
WMCHRIS
Posted: May 1 2012, 12:55 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

Great stuff ....apart from the Yankees bit biggrin.gif
Mex_17
Posted: May 1 2012, 02:14 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

I'm jealous. That sounds awesome.

Out of interest, how much did the tickets cost you? Being such a hot ticket, I doubt they were too cheap? Family vacation or heading over by yourself?
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:53 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Yes man! Sounds like an epic trip you've got planned for yourself. I'll report back to you on mine when I return.
Yea I'm intrigued to know where you got your tickets, you must have good contacts wink.gif

I'm sure your Yanks will be deep in the postseason race by the time you visit so that'll make the divisional game extra more special. A Yankees Red Sox game would be brilliant to go to never mind a series!
I'm sure it'll be a great trip man & take plenty of snaps!
WMCHRIS
Posted: May 1 2012, 05:13 PM

Everyday Regular

Was interested re tickets too, had a look on stub hub and they start at just over $40 with the fees etc so better than I thought. How was the subway series at citi last year? Thinking I might head over for that next year
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:09 AM

All-Star

QUOTE (Mex_17 @ May 1 2012, 02:14 PM)
I'm jealous. That sounds awesome.

Out of interest, how much did the tickets cost you? Being such a hot ticket, I doubt they were too cheap? Family vacation or heading over by yourself?

About $250 for them all (including fees). I'm also going with my Dad/Brother, but I'll be going to the ball games by myself as they're not into baseball.

As for where I got my tickets, I just bought them through the club website, and they're holding them for me at will call. Just got to remember to take my card and some ID with me to the game now so that I can pick them up! tongue.gif

@WMCHRIS: I really enjoyed myself. I think that I was taken aback by how different it is compared with going to a football game here. But it's a really nice, enjoyable experience, and with it being sunny all day, it was pretty relaxing. Plus the game I went to, we won 5-2, so it's all good! I can't speak highly enough of Citi Field though, and after that game, I'll always want to see the Mets do well too, because they have a great set of fans and a great stadium. It's a shame Reyes went, because I really liked him too.

Thanks for the messages, guys biggrin.gif.
StewartB
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:44 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (WMCHRIS @ May 1 2012, 06:13 PM)
Was interested re tickets too, had a look on stub hub and they start at just over $40 with the fees etc so better than I thought. How was the subway series at citi last year? Thinking I might head over for that next year

If there is one ... with the Astros moving to the AL West to balance the leagues at 15 each, there's going to be a revamp of interleague play, because there'll always be an IL series thoughout the season. One of the strong contenders is to move to an NFL-like rotation system for IL schedules, which would help teams in the same division maintain more common opponents (i.e. AL East plays the NL East one year, NL Central the next, NL West the next, then around again) Apparently, this was a condition insisted on by the MLBPA in return to agreeing to expanded playoffs. Therefore, there might be 2 year gaps without the Mets & Yankees playing. However, everything is a long way from being decided yet.

Ticket prices on StubHub can very tremendously - sometimes higher sometimes lower than the team sites.

For normal regular season games, the Mets have several different pricing schemes and which one applies to any given game depends on the opponent (seeing the Pirates will be less than seeing the Phillies, for example) The club level facilities are very nice at Citi Field and not outrageously expensive either, IMO - highly recommended.

Yankees tickets can be expensive, though, but it is worth visiting.
WMCHRIS
Posted: May 2 2012, 09:56 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (StewartB @ May 2 2012, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (WMCHRIS @ May 1 2012, 06:13 PM)

If there is one ... with the Astros moving to the AL West to balance the leagues at 15 each, there's going to be a revamp of interleague play, because there'll always be an IL series thoughout the season. One of the strong contenders is to move to an NFL-like rotation system for IL schedules, which would help teams in the same division maintain more common opponents (i.e. AL East plays the NL East one year, NL Central the next, NL West the next, then around again) Apparently, this was a condition insisted on by the MLBPA in return to agreeing to expanded playoffs. Therefore, there might be 2 year gaps without the Mets & Yankees playing. However, everything is a long way from being decided yet.

Ticket prices on StubHub can very tremendously - sometimes higher sometimes lower than the team sites.

For normal regular season games, the Mets have several different pricing schemes and which one applies to any given game depends on the opponent (seeing the Pirates will be less than seeing the Phillies, for example) The club level facilities are very nice at Citi Field and not outrageously expensive either, IMO - highly recommended.

Yankees tickets can be expensive, though, but it is worth visiting.

I heard they were on about just having a 3 game series at either Yankee stadium or citi field then swapping it round the year after, or having two 2 game series was another suggestion.

Cheers for the tips, am heading over in a couple of weeks just miss the subway series at Yankee stadium by a day though, very poor planning on my part. I'll probably go to NYC again next year but will wait to book until the schedule is out this time lol biggrin.gif
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 10:51 PM

All-Star

The regular season ends on Oct. 3 this year, with the first Division Series game already scheduled to begin on Oct. 6. By adding the new round this year, two Wild Card games, any possible tiebreaker, rainout or makeup games will need to be scheduled between those two dates.

Just read this. I hope the Yankees get a WC spot now, just so I can watch the wild card playoff! I thought it would all be pushed back and I'd miss a Postseason game, but there's hope!
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Jul 27 2012, 11:29 PM

All-Star

Only just realised that I'll be sitting with the Bleacher Creatures for one of the games (section 203). Can't wait biggrin.gif!
StewartB
Posted: Sep 15 2012, 04:29 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (ToffeeYankee @ May 2 2012, 10:09 AM)
As for where I got my tickets, I just bought them through the club website, and they're holding them for me at will call. Just got to remember to take my card and some ID with me to the game now so that I can pick them up! tongue.gif

I recommend that you also print out and take the receipt with you, just in case. I had a problem once with my card not being recognised or something silly, but as I had the receipt - specifically, the order number - they were able to find the tickets anyway.

And on the topic of the future editions of the subway series, the draft schedules have been released and they've elected to have 2 2-game series back-to-back for the rivalry match-ups.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2984 seconds | Archive