Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Best deals?
pbb76
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:56 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 357

Me and the missus want to do a 'baseball trip' this year - couple of weeks somewhere warm in September and plenty of games - preferably near an NFL game too.

We have looked at Houston, Texas and San Diego, but (without sounding like Mr Obvious) its turning out to be mega pricey, though we are saving hard.

For 2 weeks, probably looking in the region of 3k for us to go.

Anyone got any tips or other ideas about where to go, where to stay etc?

I guess Florida would be cheaper, but both having been there, it doesnt really appeal. New York is also off the board.

Thanks for any help! smile.gif
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:29 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

QUOTE (pbb76 @ Apr 27 2012, 11:56 AM)
Me and the missus want to do a 'baseball trip' this year - couple of weeks somewhere warm in September and plenty of games - preferably near an NFL game too.

We have looked at Houston, Texas and San Diego, but (without sounding like Mr Obvious) its turning out to be mega pricey, though we are saving hard.

For 2 weeks, probably looking in the region of 3k for us to go.

Anyone got any tips or other ideas about where to go, where to stay etc?

I guess Florida would be cheaper, but both having been there, it doesnt really appeal. New York is also off the board.

Thanks for any help! smile.gif

Wherever you go, I find the trivago website to have the best deals accommodation wise, so look at that. Sky scanner is what I always use for flights to search for cheapest prices.
pbb76
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:21 PM

Rookie

Thanks!
StewartB
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:47 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 86

San Diego: I would recommend staying in or as near to the Gaslamp District as you can - it's close to the stadium, where all the restaurants and touristy stuff and away from the airport. You can take a fairly cheap ferry across to Coronado Island for more restaurants and shops and sandy beaches too. I also went to SeaWorld. Details of my stay there in 2010 are on my 2010 Holiday blog.

Houston: lots of stuff is underground. Nice stadium. I stayed a few blocks away and got quite hot walking there, but soon cooled off in the airconned stadium. The Space Center is nearby (I didn't have time to get there though, but it's meant to be good)

Dallas: never been there, but I'm considering it for September time too!

Other cities that might fit the bill could include Denver? There are nice Botanic Gardens there, and the mountains are nearby. Rockies tickets re reasonably priced. I often stop here en route to the West coast to break the journey. Might be tricky getting a Broncos ticket assuming Peyton Manning is good to go ...

Unfortunately, travel to and around the USA is pricier than it has been for some time. 3K sounds about right for a decent hotel and the cities you've chosen have reasonable prices for baseball tickets too.
acletiger
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:18 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 116

Have you considered the bay area, 2 baseball teams, 2 NFL teams and 3 college football teams. The weather in september is excellent. 3k sounds about right to me.
pbb76
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:23 PM

Rookie

Thanks guys - defo considering Oakland/San Fran yea smile.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0784 seconds | Archive