Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pudge calls it a day
galraen
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 02:44 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ivan 'Pudge' Rodriguez has announced that he'll reire, as a Ranger,on Monday.

Definitely a Hall-of-Famer, just a question about whether he'll make it on the first ballot.
MadHatterBlues
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 03:23 PM

Everyday Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (galraen @ Apr 20 2012, 02:44 PM)
Ivan 'Pudge' Rodriguez has announced that he'll reire, as a Ranger,on Monday.

Definitely a Hall-of-Famer, just a question about whether he'll make it on the first ballot.

Wonderful catcher.

My memories of him are mainly entwined with 2003 when he was a Marlin and Cubs fans everywhere got heartbroken. Hated to see him come to the plate back then, guy was a monster.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:18 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Yeah he is a certain HOF member but I think he may have to wait a few years, Him and Posada will both be eligible in the same year as well.

Love the guy and will always have a special place for me given what he did for us in 2003, shame we only had for the 1 year but what a year that was for us and gave Pudge his Championship.
galraen
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:42 PM

Administrator

Him and Posada will both be eligible in the same year

Well that's no contest, Pudge>Jorgé in every department.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 05:53 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (galraen @ Apr 21 2012, 01:42 PM)
Him and Posada will both be eligible in the same year

Well that's no contest, Pudge>Jorgé in every department.

Yeah Pudge will get more votes for sure but they may split some votes and with Posada being a Yankee and all that brings.

Both will be HOFers and Pudge will go in before Posada IMO but the fact both are eligible at the same time may knock some votes of each other if voters dont want to vote for 2 catchers.
galraen
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 07:56 PM

Administrator

Personally I don't think Posada belongs in the Hall; lot of personal respect for Jorgé, but I don't think he was good enough either side of the game, to warrant inclusion. He was above average, and durable, but not top drawer.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0625 seconds | Archive