Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hello everyone
MLBsteve
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:21 PM

Everyday Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 334

Hi everyone, my name is Steve. I only got into baseball a few years back while sitting in a bar in Chicago, but now I can't get enough of it. In 2010 I went to watch the Cubs, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, and the Nationals and last year I saw the Giants (4 games) and the Dodgers (2 games). This year I am going to The Astros (2 games), the Rangers v Angels and the Cardinals (2 games). I don't really follow a team, I just enjoy watching them all and hope to visit all 30 teams one day.
I look forward to chatting to you all during the new season.

Rabscallion
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 04:36 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

Hey Steve,

Great list so far. I'm very impressed. I'd like to emulate your 30 ambition but one or ten may be beyond me. I'm planning a west coast trip sometime in the future, very envious of your Giants visit.

I've not done too bad - Red Sox, Cubs, Indians, White Sox, Reds, Old Mets, Old Yankees( no game) and this year got tix for Phillies, new Yankees and Mets. My wife is a diamond! I'm Red Sox fan so Fenway was a big deal for me but I had a great time at the two Reds games I went to. A really nice place to go.

I've also done Pawtucket and Cape Cod. Recommend a lower league if you can squeeze it in sometime - different atmosphere, still loads of fun. The Cape Cod game was really great - real america
MLBsteve
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 05:31 PM

Everyday Regular

Thanks, after this trip it will be 10 down 20 to go.

If you do get chance, you have to go see the giants, AT&T stadium is great and so is San Francisco, (Alcatraz etc). I hope to go back to the west coast next year - Padres, Angels and athletics, will have to see!...
Your trip sounds pretty cool, I'm looking forward to going back to NY and seeing Philly.
Hope you enjoy your trip.

Steve.
vegangoth
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 06:41 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 245

Hi welcome to the forum. That's a great plan you have. I would be happy just to see one live game lol.
Percentage
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:56 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 27

Welcome to the forum!
Rabscallion
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 08:43 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (vegangoth @ Apr 10 2012, 06:41 PM)
Hi welcome to the forum. That's a great plan you have. I would be happy just to see one live game lol.

Take your chance when it comes
vegangoth
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:57 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 245

I most certainly will, regardless of who's playing biggrin.gif
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:46 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Welcome to the forums steve

Your trip does sound a cracker, would love to do a road trip at some point in my life and visit a good few ballparks and cities in 1 trip, Daughter is only 7 Months old so maybe in another 20 years or so lol I might actually be able to do it.

ToffeeYankee
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:15 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Welcome Steve smile.gif!

I'm amazed you've seen so many teams and baseball stadiums considering you only started off in 2010. How do you get to so many? Do you go to the US for your job or something? (Apologies for being nosey, was just wondering tongue.gif)
MLBsteve
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 06:24 AM

Everyday Regular

No I don't work in the states ( would be easier to get to games ), I spent a while there in 2010 and crossed over to Canada to Toronto and spent all my savings, but got to see 5 games and it was worth it, then I planned my 2011 trip on the Giants v Phillies 4 game series in august and then flew down to LA and saw Dodgers v Phillies (2 games) and the same this year, I have planned it around 3 teams following on from one another, so I'm there for just 12 nights in all but get to see a lot of games. I also go alone so it doesn't cost a great deal if you plan it right.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:24 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Hey MLBSteve, first of all, welcome to the forum, hope you're enjoying it here so far.

These trips of yours sound absolutely brilliant. If you could would you tell me a little about your trip to LA to see the Dodgers? What was your experience like in the city overall & then at the ballpark?

I am in the very early stages of planning a trip out West to see my Dodgers & would be very interested to hear how you got on. I'd def consider going on my own too as it gives you more freedom also to do whatever you want! I'd like to head and catch a Lakers or Clippers game too at Staples & make a great trip of it. Thanks man!

MLBsteve
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 04:00 PM

Everyday Regular

Hi kid cuddy, thanks for the welcome. Where to start, LA is massive, all the good places are miles apart and its not got the best underground, I never made it to the beaches or Santa Monica which I regret (next time hey). I was only there for 4 nights so concentrated on Hollywood, downtown LA, and Beverly Hills. I took a cheesey bus tour around Hollywood and Beverly Hills and the next day went to the good places I saw on foot. I went to the staples centre but couldn't get in, there is a few restaurants and bars around there, it looks really nice, statues are brilliant. Hollywood is really busy and a bit dirty to be honest. I stayed in north Hollywood near universal studios in the Beverly Garland Hotel, which was nice and only 5 min walk to the underground station ( universal city ), and next to universal studios is the city walk, which is loads of shops and restaurants including the Dodger store and a great Hard Rock cafe.
Getting to Dodger stadium is simple, you take the underground to union station and go to the coach plaza where the dodgers have there own coach service taking you to the door and is free when you show your ticket. (a Giants fan told me that in San Francisco which was handy).
Anyway Dodger stadium isn't the prettiest ballpark but has loads of history, last year the crowds weren't that big so atmospheres weren't great but I still enjoyed it, still the dodgers hey and 50 years old. A pint was $12 (8) but got to see the great Matt Kemp (I predict a 40/40 season for him).
As for going alone, it's great, don't need to worry about anything. Also I was told by everyone I spoke to "San Diego is a must place to go"
Hope I have helped you.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 04:59 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Thanks a million for that review Steve, it was really helpful. By the sounds of it what you did during your trip is pretty much what I have on my mind. Staying somewhere that has good access to places you'd like to visit is important & the hotel you recommended looks to tick all the boxes.

It will probably be next season anyway by the time I get things in order so Im able to head but it really would be the trip of a lifetime. There's something special I always think about watching a game in Dodger Stadium. Like you say, although the beer & that can be a little bit pricey it is Dodger Stadium after all & worth the experience. I always think when you're in somewhere as unique as that there's no harm in spening the extra buck coz it's not too often opportunities like that come around. I was planning on heading in April and going to maybe 2 Dodgers games and also this would be a good time as the Lakers & Clippers would still be in the NBA race so hopefully would catch a game or two of theirs.

Hopefully the attendance for us continues to rebound in the positive direction this season as last year was a big disappointment. I know how it is going to stadiums that are half empty just arent the same, still very good nonetheless.

Thanks again for your review.
Kid Cuddy
Vader
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 05:57 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 258

Welcome to the forum mate! Pretty decent haul of games you have so far and slightly jealous you've seen as many Jays games as you have! biggrin.gif

Good to have you on board!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0812 seconds | Archive