Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Irish Angels Fan, Introduction
Timebomb
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 03:50 PM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 333

Hey everyone,

A friend pointed me in the direction of this forum - will be good to talk to like-minded followers of MLB. I'm from Ireland and it can be hard to find people / insomniacs who like to take in some baseball in the middle of a summer night smile.gif.

My first baseball experience was Game 6 of the 2002 World Series when I was 14 and ever since then I have been a loyal LA Angels fan. Missed out on a few seasons but started following it again last year and am really looking forward to seeing how Albert will get on in Anaheim. I think we've got one of the best pitching rosters and it was the offence last year that squandered any chance of making the postseason. The AL West division is a very competitive one, though, so nothing's guaranteed for this year.

Anyway, looking forward to the banter as the season progresses smile.gif

Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 03:59 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Welcome aboard Timebomb. The Angels look like they will be in for a big season although being in the same division as the Rangers won't make it easy for you's.

I'm looking forward to seeing obviously how Albert and the offence does but also how your pitching staff competes. By right you's should be up there with the Phillies as the best in the league.

As an LA Dodgers fan I look forward to the many banter sessions that I'm sure will take place throughout the summer and especially the Freeway Series in June. They will certainly be games to mark down in the diary.

Enjoy the season & talk to you soon!

Kid Cuddy
Timebomb
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:07 PM

Rookie

Cheers Kid Cuddy,

The first welcome from a Dodgers fan...how ironic! Can't wait for the Freeway Series, we've had the better of them for the last decade or so.

Good start for yous, though. I'd say the takeover was a big boost because all the inner (and outer) politics that was surrounding the franchise was distracting I'd imagine. I think it'll be tough for the Dodgers to make the postseason but that division is often topsy-turvy so I think the first couple of months will be important.

Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:35 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Indeed, the McCourt era was a disastrous one. Dwindling attendances & unrest among our fanbase were just 2 of the many elements which sent our ball club to the doldrums.

Now, hopefully under the new ownership we can become a contending team with a better off the field image. I am optimistic as all the sounds coming out of the new owners have been positive & think Magic Johnson will be a positive public face to have representing us & he should rejuvinate the fans somewhat. Hopefully our attendances rise again after a huge drop last season, it's never nice to see a stadium half empty!

As for the team itself I'm quietly confident. Obviously in Kemp & Kershaw we have 2 legitimate MVP contenders. Then there is quite a drop off to the rest of the side. I'm hopeful younger guys like Dee Gordon & Justin Sellers can take the next step and become legitimate threats. I like Jansen & Guerra in our bullpen too, hope they can seal a few games for us this season.

How you feeling about how the Angels will go this season? The AL West arguably has the best 2 teams in the AL, maybe even all MLB. The Rangers are the team to beat I think still just because of their experience but once Albert gets going for you's I'd say it'll be a race until the final day!
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 05:49 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Welcome

Another Angels fan for Tijani to talk with, do you stay up for many of the games?

Gonna be an exciting year for you battling it out with Texas
Timebomb
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 10:48 PM

Rookie

Yeah I stay up for a good few, depending week on week. But I'm in a fantasy league so can keep nicely up to date and have recently got ESPN America so delighted with that as well - a lot of coverage there biggrin.gif

I think we'll make the postseason this year - whether it's through winning the division or getting a wild-card I'm not sure yet. Don't think we'll really know who holds the advantage between us and Texas until July-ish. I'm hoping that Pujols will have a stormer and hit the magical 50 homers mark for the season - if he does, we'll have as good a chance as anyone.

Rabscallion
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 05:39 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

Welcome from me too. Heres' to a great season

Rob
Percentage
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 07:53 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 27

Welcome to the forum from Co Tyrone!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0771 seconds | Archive