Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  ( Go to first unread post )

The Football Pyramid, For discussing life outside the EPL
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:01 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (A_C @ Apr 23 2012, 10:21 PM)
Great win away for us at Leicester tonight. We're now at 83 points and Norwich went up with 84 last season, yet we could end up on 86 points and still face the play-offs. I don't hold much hope of Coventry getting anything at Southampton, but it's made the last day exciting at the very least.

I know how you feel AC

We are on 87 with 2 games left, so could end up on 93 POINTS and still NOT GO UP.

If we don't at least win the playoffs it will be a travesty, no doubt the team that finishes 6th on around 67 points will win them.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:58 AM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Looking forward to my trip to Fratton Park next season Gal, not been since the turn of the century when a Claridge hat trick condemed us to a 4-1 defeat.

Im sucker for traditional grounds like Fratton Park
galraen
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 12:44 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Hopefully it'll be a better result for us than the first time I went to Fratton, we lost 4-0 to your lot on that occasion. Mind you, had we swapped goal keepers the result would have been worse. Our 'Keeper on that day was a certain Dick Beattie, may he rot. We were also on the verge of bankrupcy, some things never seem to change!
A_C
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:48 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (Leemarlin87 @ Apr 24 2012, 05:01 AM)
If we don't at least win the playoffs it will be a travesty, no doubt the team that finishes 6th on around 67 points will win them.

Exactly! This is what's worrying me. The last time we got promoted we finished sixth, had been crap all season and then put in a bit of form at the end of the season and went up. This year we actually deserve promotion so we're bound to get knocked out on penalties!

I'd love to see you overtake Sheffield United though, can't stand that lot. And If the sixth team in the play-offs went up that would currently be Stevenage. Stevenage in the Championship would be amazing from where they've come from the past few years.
galraen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:44 PM

Administrator

Been in Portsmouth for the last few days (Aunt's funeral) and the overwhelming concensus of everyone I talked to was that we'd be liquidated by the end of May.

If that comes to pass, and it really is looking more and more likely, the big question is what level will the phoenix club start at?

I think that according to the rules it should be in the Southern League, Western Division; but that is going to cause major headaches logistically. It would mean for example us playing an 'away' game at Gosport Borough; how the heck are they going to handle 20K+ Pompey supporters wanting to go?

Even putting us in the Blue Bet South division would be a major logistics problem; although the thought of going to an away game in Truro is weirdly funny in a macabre sort of way.

From Wembley in 2010 to Truro or Gosport Borouggh in 2012, bit of a turn around what? Got to hand it to us, we never do things by halves, if we're going to crash and burn, it will be a spectaculer crash!
Adam31
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 04:47 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 26

We're a joke. Completely blown our playoff chances, no win in 6. Lack of ideas, manager on the hot seat (perhaps undeserved).

Look forward to August
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:26 PM

Hall of Famer

Thank you Stevange

What a game that was, my heart was pounding and I was one step away from turning the TV off

They held on just and we are in Pole position now

Win next week at home to already relegated Wycombe and we will be promoted.

Gonna be a long week and next Saturday at work is gonna be unbearable

A_C
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:58 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 13

2-0 away at Cardiff is a great result for us, I would've been happier if we'd killed them off completely, but can't complain too much. Cardiff were just a blue version of Stoke; a long throw and not much else.

I hope we don't mess this up at the Boleyn. We've only lost four games there all season, so, fingers cross we'll get a draw...
Leemarlin87
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:45 AM

Hall of Famer

Feeling Nervous already and its only 7.40

I just feel it is such a must win game, lose today and it could really have a negative impact on us, the hangover from a defeat after battling so well to get our noses back into 2nd to then blow it could carry into the playoffs which is what I fear the most.

Just win and its done, Tickets are sold out so the atmosphere is gonna be incredible and something the Wycombe players have never experienced before so they could get a little shock from that or it could work the opposite.

We'll see, gonna be a long day at work, already organised my final tea break for 4.30 so I can catch Final score, but I'll have my phone on me anyway constantly checking

Come on the OWLS
Leemarlin87
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:32 PM

Hall of Famer

WE R CHAMPIONSHIP SAY WE R CHAMPIONSHIP

Oh yessssss brilliant end to the season, 10 wins and 2 draws in our final 12 games under Dave Jones and its makes it even more sweeter that it was United who we pipped in the final furlong.

Must admit I thought it was over when we fell 4 points behind with 3 games left after drawing to Colchester, but Sheff Utd ended up taking just 2 points from the final 3 and 2nd was ours.

Its nice to be back in the Championship again after 2 seasons away, looking forward to facing Brighton again and I'll definitely be trying for tickets to that one and there new ground, Charlton and Palace all in London plus potentially QPR and still maybe West Ham so some good London away days.

Plus we get Leeds again, I wouldn't be totally against Sheff Utd going up and having the Steel City derby next season but I'm not hoping for them to go up as its been 12 years since we were in a higher division then them.

Bring on the 2012/13 season
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:25 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Really pleased that Sheffield Wednesday got promoted biggrin.gif. I was especially impressed by the fact that they got a crowd of just over 38,000.
AlextheBrave
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:57 AM

All-Star

Wednesday certainly deserved to go up with the form they showed towards the end of the season. A team like that should be in the Championship let alone League 1!

A dull and irrelevant 0-0 at Bradford yesterday for the League 2 champions. Roll on next season, dont know what to expect until i see who we bring in during the summer. We are in a strong financial position for a league 1 team so we will have money to spend. Paolo did a good job in the transfer market once he started buying British so looking forward to seeing some real quality brought in during the summer.
galraen
Posted: May 6 2012, 11:36 AM

Administrator

With Pompey's assetts rapidly diminishing, liquidation is looking more and more inevitable. Their is obviously no one interested in buying the club, and once all the players actually worth anything are gone their won't be anything left to buy.

So, once we've gone, how will the league fill the gap? Will Wycombe escape relegation (and so one down the divisions) or will either Southend or the runner up in the playoffs be promoted etc.? Probably easier to do the former I guess, but what have they done before when a team goes out of business, anyone know?
AlextheBrave
Posted: May 8 2012, 08:55 AM

All-Star

I dont know enough about Pompey's situation to have an opinion on whether they will go out of business but im always skeptical when clubs appear to be on their last legs. Over the past 20 or so years there have been so many clubs (Swindon included) who have been hours/days/weeks away from being wound up and they always get saved one way or another.

There have been the odd non-league who have gone but Aldershot remain the last league club to go to the wall (unless i have forgot someone obvious), there is always a saviour somewhere round the corner.

I hope Pompey get through this, being a local Hampshire boy i have always taken a preference towards the Blues as opposed to their neighbours along the M27. My town is flooded with annoying gloating Saints fans right now.
galraen
Posted: May 8 2012, 09:10 AM

Administrator

The situation with Pompey is quite simple; the money will run out within the next four weeks. This might be extended with the sale of what players we have left, but run out it will well before the start of next season.

The only way liquidation can be avoided is for someone to buy the club, and there is absolutely no sign of anyone being interested in buying the club.

Last time (just two years ago) Chanrai stepped in and took over due to a clause in the loan deal he had with the former owners. He can't do that this time, his only recourse seems to be to try and get the Administrator replaced; and I can't see how that would make any difference. His choice seems to be straight forward; either buy the club or wave goodbye to the 17m he so foolishly lent to the previous owners.

The problem is that by dragging things out for as long as possible it's making it more and more difficult for the supporter's trust to register a new club in time for next season. If the club hangs around until the end of June it's very likely that there won't be a Portsmouith football club of any description playing at all next season.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0938 seconds | Archive