Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

MLB.tv XBox app released, UK availability?
Rook
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 06:46 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 319

QUOTE (s.switch @ Apr 6 2012, 11:13 AM)
Iv emailed mlb also about the, to say the least, frustrating decision not to include the uk with the MLB.TV apps for xbox/playstation. Considering the years everybody here has been ploughing them with money it seems strange no to give us this service. Especially minus the black out restrictions etc.

The MLB may have UK specific exclusivity deals with the current media streamers (e.g. Apple, LG, Roku, Western Digital) or even with ESPN. This could be what's holding up the release of the xbox app in the UK.

Maybe once the exclusivity expires we could get the app on xbox. It's only conjecture, but it's my best bet.
raskett
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:21 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 303

Now available in 18 more countries including the UK!

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/08/mlb-tv-...ntals-xbox-360/

biggrin.gif
Mex_17
Posted: May 9 2012, 02:13 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Finally!
rawowl
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:48 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 262

Yes !!!!!!!!!!
rawowl
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:06 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 262

QUOTE (rawowl @ May 9 2012, 08:48 PM)
Yes !!!!!!!!!!

Just had a quick look and very impressed. The laptop can now have a rest. What is useful is you can watch the archived games without seeing any scores as the MLB website seems to not do very well.

Mex_17
Posted: May 10 2012, 08:18 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Yes, it's an excellent app. Was a little apprehensive about quality seeing as how the Sky player live feed on the Xbox isn't great, but I've had HD quality with both live and archived games.

One thing I noticed is that it's quite a bit behind the live feed on the PC (around 30 seconds or so), but that's not really much of an issue. Very happy that we finally have MLB.tv on the Xbox!
Basset
Posted: May 10 2012, 10:26 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 40

Woo hoo !!!

Genuinely excited... propping up the iPad in bed was fine but now I can use the iPad with the game on the xbox as well.
Rook
Posted: May 22 2012, 07:17 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 319

I'm amazed at how well is streams on the xbox, with only very occasional lag or drop in resolution (on a wired connection to a BT line btw). It offers all the baseball a man can handle, it's a fantastic app, and an example of how sports should be distributed to fans.

Slight niggle is that it would be good if the mlb.tv app on the iphone could be customised to give localised game times instead of American ET times, but it's a minor gripe.

Great work MLB!
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 22 2012, 06:08 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

The layout on the Xbox version is so much better than the PS3 one, but it cuts out far too much on the Xbox. The PS3 has the occasional freeze, but it's pretty good 98% of the time.
Tuffers
Posted: Jun 2 2012, 07:24 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 34

The Xbox version of MLB.tv is superb. I have minimal issues in comparison to the browser-based version. As I like to tune out Hawk these days, my only criticism is the lack of a radio overlay.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0868 seconds | Archive