Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

MLB.tv XBox app released, UK availability?
raskett
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:41 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 303

Hi all,

The MLB.tv XBox app has just been released, see article as follows:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/27/xbox-360-gets-mlb-tv/

Does anyone have any idea whether this will be available in the UK? I have had a look into this and unfortunately it doesn't seem likely.

On the MLB.tv website they have added a line of text stating "US and Canada only"

Can anyone please confirm? I have been looking forward to this!
fishandchippers
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 03:01 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

it's not looking like it, can't find the app on my xbox. What a strange decision, what difference does it make?
raskett
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 03:10 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 303

I am very disappointed, the app looks great!

It surely can't be a licencing issue as mlb.tv is on the Apple TV? Frustrating.
pld3009
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 05:21 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 42

Only available in the US and Canada I believe, I looked into it for my PS3.

There is a work around for the PS3 but I don't think I will bother.
Mex_17
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:12 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Won't be home until the weekend so I can't confirm, but it would appear that Xbox have region locked the app itself. What I mean is, even if you have a US account you won't be able to download it.

I have to say, if that's the case then I'll be extremely disappointed. My laptop doesn't seem to cope well when hooked up to the TV and was really looking forward to watching the games via the Xbox.
colin6343
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:35 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 315

Not working this side of the atlantic alright - I set up an American account but couldn't download it.

Ridiculous decision by the mlb, doesn't make any sense. Very disappointing.
_Ben_
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:49 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 311

QUOTE (pld3009 @ Mar 27 2012, 05:21 PM)
Only available in the US and Canada I believe, I looked into it for my PS3.

There is a work around for the PS3 but I don't think I will bother.

The work around takes about 5 mins and is totally worth it to watch on a big screen in HD.
Mex_17
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 11:43 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (colin6343 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:35 PM)
Not working this side of the atlantic alright - I set up an American account but couldn't download it.

I really don't see any reason why we aren't being given access to the app, especially as there's no blackout restrictions or any agreement similiar to what Sky have with the NFL.

I doubt it would do much good, but I'm going to send them an email about it later on. There's already a few complaining about it over on the MLB.tv support forum so if enough of us do it they might consider releasing it outside of the US & Canada.
colin6343
  Posted: Mar 28 2012, 03:45 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 315

QUOTE (Mex_17 @ Mar 28 2012, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (colin6343 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:35 PM)

I really don't see any reason why we aren't being given access to the app, especially as there's no blackout restrictions or any agreement similiar to what Sky have with the NFL.

I doubt it would do much good, but I'm going to send them an email about it later on. There's already a few complaining about it over on the MLB.tv support forum so if enough of us do it they might consider releasing it outside of the US & Canada.

Sent a complaint last night, got the standard 'check this page for' info reply. It makes no sense and is very disappointing.
rawowl
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:54 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 262

I have also sent an email showing my disappointment we cant use the XBOX360 to view games.

I'm sure there is a valid reason but it would be nice to know why not.
dmcg88
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:02 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 305

Pretty annoying, espcially as they told me it would be available in the uk. I then went and bought xbox live and an mlb.tv account because they said this to me. Here is their reply:

Upon looking at your account, it appears that your last subscription is 2011 MLB.TV Premium Yearly Subscription.

Regarding your concern, you can view the games in your area using your xbox, however you should subscribed first on mlb.tv premium for you to connect your subscription on your device.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-866-800-1275 if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you again for taking the time to write!

Your tracking number is 15274576.

My query
I have Xbox live and my mlb.tv subscription. Will I be able to watch games through my Xbox in the UK? If not are there plans for this to work?

So annoying.
Rook
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:54 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 319

Heya, first time poster.

I've been looking for baseball coverage as well, and was very excited when I heard an app was coming out for the xbox, but after some digging on the mlb.tv website I found the following:

"XBOX 360
Coming soon! Watch LIVE and archived baseball games with MLB.TV Premium on your Xbox 360. Spring Training games now available. Xbox LIVE Gold subscription required. Available in the U.S., Canada and Mexico only. "

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index...oducts&c_id=mlb

Seems like we've lucked out.
Rook
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:30 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 319

This post went up from an official representative (Mister Darcy) on the official xbox website forum just over an hour ago (http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/30/p/226848/1176212.aspx?PageIndex=2), and reads as follows:

"Greetings to the thread! I see there have been a few questions about the availability of the MLB.TV app for Xbox outside of North America. This feature is currently available in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. If you reside outside of those regions the MLB.TV app will be unavailable. Please take a look at this official page about MLB.TV for Xbox: mlb.mlb.com/.../index.jsp. It's written under the "2012 MLB.TV Premium Features" section. I would encourage you to keep watch on that page to see if new regions are added in the future. Thanks and please let me know if you have any further questions."

So I'd say that kills any immediate hope of mlb.tv on the UK xbox service. angry.gif
Basset
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:17 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Rook @ Mar 29 2012, 05:30 PM)

So I'd say that kills any immediate hope of mlb.tv on the UK xbox service. angry.gif

A real shame.. I used this as one of the justifications for renewing my mlb.tv (only to discover it had been auto renewed anyway !!) .. Got a spare xbox on the TV upstairs.

Little happier that I don't need to buy the At Bat iOS APP this year as it comes free with the subscription.

s.switch
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 11:13 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 325

Iv emailed mlb also about the, to say the least, frustrating decision not to include the uk with the MLB.TV apps for xbox/playstation. Considering the years everybody here has been ploughing them with money it seems strange no to give us this service. Especially minus the black out restrictions etc.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0675 seconds | Archive