Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

NBA Finals
Tijani
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:11 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

A lot of the energy seems to have gone but it can easily return with a couple of big shots. The lead is only 3.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:20 AM

Hall of Famer

WOW! Those were some BIG shots from the Mavs.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:22 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Just terrible play all round from us as the comms said we're feeling the pressure and plain and simply can't handle it.

We are looking a better team with LeBron on the bench it seems, he clearly has some issues and the pressure has well and truly got to him.

Can't see any way and as I feared a blowout is coming up.
Tijani
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:28 AM

Hall of Famer

You would think that it was Wade who hadn't won a championship with the way he is playing compared to LeBron.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 02:48 AM

Hall of Famer

Congratulations to the Mavs, as I feared we got blown away the end.

They just seemed to want it more then we did, more hustle to get to rebounds, better shooting and better use of the ball, we turned it over far too much for a team that needs to win.

We missed so many FTs it was unreal.

I;m not gonna say it was all our own doing though, Dallas shot the ball fantastically from 3 point range and were more alert to everything.

Overall I'd say they just showed more grit and determination to win the series, It was a great Playoffs from Dallas who really got hot at the right time and just steamrolled over everyone.

Dirk and Kidd do deserve rings in there carrers, obviously I hoped it wouldn't be this year but I begrudge them there rings, You can see what it meant to him at the end there.

It has been a fantastic series though, one of the best of all time IMO certainly of the ones I've seen.

I said at the start of the year I didn't think we would win it this year but as the year went on and especially the playoffs I did get a bit excited as it looked like we had really clicked.

We have some questions now which will need addressing, getting some better pieces in place, We certainly need a dominant big man who poses a threat under the basket for starters but that is for another day.

Congratulations Dallas Mavericks NBA Champions 2010-11
Tijani
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 03:03 AM

Hall of Famer

Congratulations to the Mavs and unlucky Lee. I know what it’s like to lose an NBA finals but the Heat will have more chances over the next few seasons.

At the start of the playoffs there were a lot of people who said they wouldn’t make it through the first round then they wouldn’t beat the Lakers or the Thunder or the Heat but they proved a lot of people wrong. Dirk is the star and he deserves the win but it was such a team effort and this looked as if it was the last chance saloon for several players.

They came from behind in so many games and played better as each game went on. The defence was excellent and they seemed to want this so much more than everybody else. They also managed to get revenge for 2006.

The thing that would disappoint me if I was a Heat fan was just how much more the Mavs seemed to want to win this game. There is also going to be even more criticism thrown LeBron’s way.

Mark Cuban is going to throw the biggest parade ever.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 03:09 AM

Hall of Famer

Yeah thats what eats at me most, We seemed to just give up and didn't want it as much.

Dallas were certainly fired up they had a lot of reasons to be as well like you mentioned, getting revenge for 06 was one (I think we would of been a lot better of playing someone else without that revenge factor) and certainly the last chance saloon for many as I don't think they will be back as the Thunder are coming and are a year older, Lakers will always be there and the West is just so tough overall.

I think we will be favourates for the East again next year but the pressure will be cranked up big time, especially on LeBron and also Spoelstra might come under pressure like he was earlier on in the year.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1613 seconds | Archive