Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8  ( Go to first unread post )

NFL Draft, Draft discussion...
A_C
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:04 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Well we've taken a safety. I don't know anything about him, but he seems to be a Leonard type safety. That's promising.

Interesting to see what we do with our double pick coming up, there's still a few guys left who could make an impact somewhere on the team. I'm hoping we pick up some O-line depth.
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:52 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

You got what you wanted AC, Robert T Griffin a guy who can play pretty much every position on the line apart from LT. Also take Terrance Ganaway, I like that selection. He is a bowling ball, 240 lb's of pure srength running the football. Josh Bush had a really productive 2011 with 59 tackles, 6 interceptions and 5 pass break ups and people are talking about his high intelligence.

So far I'm really happy with the way the draft has gone. I do want to take a punter and maybe someone like Bryce Brown who is a troubled RB with amazing upside. Got a feeling we are going to take the headcase Burfict.
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:37 PM

All-Star

Round 1, Pick 16: Quinton Coples, DE North Carolina

Round 2, Pick 43: Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech

Round 3, Pick 77: Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas State

Round 6, Pick 187: Josh Bush, S Wake Forrest

Round 6, Pick 202: Terrance Ganaway, RB Baylor

Round 6, Pick 203: Robert T Griffin, OG Baylor

Round 7, Pick 242: Antonio Allen, S South Carolina

Round 7, Pick 244: Jordan White, WR Western Michigan

Love it! ---- Couldn't have asked for a much better draft. Allen in the 7th round is an absolute steal. Now lets go get some good UDFA.
A_C
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:51 PM

Hall of Famer

It was a really good draft, we picked up some excellent help at the end of the draft. Allen, as you said, could be a steal. I like White's numbers too. The only knock I would have is that we could've taken Massie if we still had our 4th round pick. A mid-draft RT would have been perfect, but otherwise happy with everything else. Even the trade up for Hill was a good move.

Ganaway is an intriguing pick. Greene-McKnight-Ganaway (plus Tebow) make for a potentially good set of backs. I don't know where that leaves Powell. And the lack of experience is a minor worry should Greene go down injured.

Weirdest pick of the day? Washington, who have very few picks, taking another QB after RG3. Does that make any sense, even if he is good value?
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:13 AM

All-Star

I agree with the NFL network crew, they are trying to do what the Packers used to do and draft a QB then flip him for better value. However the problem is that the Packers were always competitive when they were doing that so they could afford to spend a draft pick on a luxury, however Washington needs all the help it can get.

I really didn't like the Powell pick last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him spend a year in the shadows again. Gannaway is more pro ready that Powell and with Greene and McKnight already there, I can't see Powell getting too many touches.
A_C
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 05:53 PM

Hall of Famer

It's pretty annoying that it's still another four months until we actually get to see these guys on the field!
I wonder whether Connor makes the team now?
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 06:48 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (A_C @ Apr 30 2012, 05:53 PM)
It's pretty annoying that it's still another four months until we actually get to see these guys on the field!
I wonder whether Connor makes the team now?

The whole "John Connor is on the team for now" comment that slipped out of Mike T's mouth makes me think that maybe not. The problem is that we could potentially cut Powell and Connor this summer after drafting them recently, Vlad should be cut if he makes no improvement. Lots to work out this summer.
A_C
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:47 PM

Hall of Famer

On the most recent NFLUK podcast they had a list of the 37 receivers taken in the second round since 2003, and, excluding the 4 WRs taken last year, there have been 4 WRs that have turned into good receivers. There were 3 or 4 average receivers and the rest were pretty much awful.

It's starting to make me worry about the Jets taking Hill and expecting a lot from him from the go.
CubbieDream
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:43 PM

All-Star

It doesn't paint a pretty picture, but I think you have to judge everyone individually. Stephen Hill is a talent without a doubt, but he also has a good work ethic. We have a good receivers coach who has worked with raw talent recently (Darrius Heyward-Bey). Listening to Hill speak, I'm a lot more relaxed about the selection.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 9 2012, 06:27 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

His reaction to getting picked also made me excited to see Hill. You could tell that he was delighted to have been picked by the Jets.
galraen
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:55 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (A_C @ May 9 2012, 05:47 PM)
On the most recent NFLUK podcast they had a list of the 37 receivers taken in the second round since 2003, and, excluding the 4 WRs taken last year, there have been 4 WRs that have turned into good receivers. There were 3 or 4 average receivers and the rest were pretty much awful.

It's starting to make me worry about the Jets taking Hill and expecting a lot from him from the go.

How many of those were Al Davis picks; you know all speed and no hands!
CubbieDream
Posted: May 9 2012, 08:36 PM

All-Star

Thought I would go through the last 4 years, lot of good receivers there, a few great ones and a couple of busts. I think it's exactly the same as any position.

2011:

Detroit Lions, Titus Young, WR Boise State
Cleveland Browns, Greg Little, WR North Carolina
Green Bay Packers, Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

Not bad, Young had a very impressive rookie campaign in Detroit, Greg Little put up 700 yards with that QB play in Cleveland and Randall Cobb made a positive contribution last season in Green Bay.

2010:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Arrelious Benn, WR Illinois
Seattle Seahawks, Golden Tate, WR Notre Dame

Maybe more was expected from these guys, but Golden Tate really improved in 2011 to nearly 400 yards and 3 touchdowns, Benn has been around that mark as well. Obviously you want them reaching around 800 yards and 5-6 TD's. Both have improved though and both could make that jump in 2012.

2009:

Cleveland Browns, Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
Cleveland Browns, Mohamed Massaquoi, WR Georgia

One hit and one miss, Robiskie has been a massive disappointment but Massaquoi put up a nice rookie year, his production has steadily declined since then but it's hard for anyones production to be much of anything over in Cleveland.

2008:

Washington Redskins, Devin Thomas, WR Michigan State
Green Bay Packers, Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State
Buffalo Bills, James Hardy, WR Indiana
Denver Broncos, Eddie Royal, WR Virginia Tech
Cincinnati Bengals, Jerome Simpson, WR Coastal Carolina
Philadelphia Eagles, DeSean Jackson, WR California
Washington Redskins, Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
Pittsburgh Steelers, Limas Sweed, WR Texas
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dexter Jackson, WR Appalachian State

Man there were a lot of receivers drafted in the 2nd round in 2008. Devin Thomas has been a nightmare, Jordy Nelson just came off a 1,000+ 15 touchdown season. Eddie Royal is a very good receiver, DeSean Jackson too. James Hardy has been terrible. Jerome Simpson had a poor first year, but really came into his own in 2011. Dexter was a bust.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:33 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Jerome Simpson will forever be known for that touchdown. Yeah, you know the one I mean wink.gif.
CubbieDream
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:43 PM

All-Star

user posted image

This one? biggrin.gif
A_C
Posted: May 10 2012, 12:43 AM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (galraen @ May 9 2012, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (A_C @ May 9 2012, 05:47 PM)

How many of those were Al Davis picks; you know all speed and no hands!

Did you see our VP of scouting is moving over to Oakland? He has done a pretty good job of drafting with us.

I still don't think that bunch of receivers is all that talented. It's too early to tell with the 2011 class, but I see a lot of average and below average receivers in the rest of the classes. However, the two best are probably Desean Jackson and Nelson who've got a great QB to throw the ball to them, other than Sweed - who was awful - the rest haven't got any good QBs throwing to them. So it's a little easy to dismiss the rest.

I have been incredibly impressed with Hill though, I think he's going to be a star with us. He's exactly the kind of receiver we need and he looks like he wants to work hard and be a success for us.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0610 seconds | Archive