Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

NFL Draft, Draft discussion...
A_C
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:43 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

If you're the Rams how tempted are you to take RG3? And, I wonder, how much they're going to get for that pick now...

The Jets really need to address their push-rush over taking a WR in the first round, but I do like Michael Floyd a lot.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:38 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

We need to sort out the cap, but I think we could get Braylon back and on the cheap after his failure of a season in San Fran. I would hope that we will be looking to get an OLB, and an RB. We need better pocket reinforcement after the pocket last year allowed other defenses to get to Sanchez with ease last year. We need a safety too. I hope we keep the likes of Pouha (FT?), Bart Scott, Westerman, Maybin, and my favourite, LT!

Don't see why the Rams need RG3, because Sam Bradford is pretty good. They need a couple of players to help boost Bradford's field and to help fine tune the defense.
A_C
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 04:49 PM

Hall of Famer

I'd love to see Braylon back, but I don't think we can rely on him to be the same guy we've seen in the past, that's why I wouldn't mind seeing Floyd added. It wouldn't do Sanchez any harm having some more weapons either. The O-line definitely needs work, but we failed to cut Hunter so I'm worried we won't address it. Maybin should stay as he's been tendered with a first, but I'd be shocked if LT stayed and surprised if we drafted a RB high, even though I'm still not sold on Greene. Pouha needs to stay, I love the guy, but the d-line is one place where we do have a little depth, so I guess I can live with him going.

Oh, you're right, the Rams don't need RG3, but I would be a little tempted to take him and then deal Bradford. Taking a bucket load of picks for the second pick overall is the smart thing to do though.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:47 PM

All-Star

Didn't realise you were a Jets fan! Awesome smile.gif! You on the UK Jets forums?

Oh yeah, I'll be surprised if LT stays too, but I've seen stranger things happen! I like Shonn Greene, and although he's not someone who will travel yards and yards and yards, he's useful to utilise when in need of a first down, or trying to go short to get the TD. Also, Braylon opens up the field and is explosive. We tried to fill the hole that he left by bringing in Burress, and it was like putting a square peg in a circular hole. Now we have the chance to rectify that mistake, and I hope Rex and Mike T do just that.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:49 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

The Jets are taking over this board!

RG3 or Bradford? I would be inclined to keep Bradford, im more a fan of your traditional style QB as opposed to RG3/Vick/Newton types and i think Bradford will be fine over the next 10 years or so.

The Rams can get so much in return by trading that pick.

ToffeeYankee
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 11:12 AM

All-Star

J-E-T-S! JETS, JETS, JETS!!!

They can have Wayne Hunter in exchange for that pick wink.gif.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 03:41 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Think there doing the right thing and keeping Bradford and trade the pick away.

Bradford is one of the best players so even if RG3 turns out great he still has the problems of Bradford which is there are no weapons, trade the pick and get some weapons in return.

Makes the most sense as there get more for the pick then just trading Bradford.
CubbieDream
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:00 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 2

We are in such a privileged situation this year where we can select a number of players at a number of positions and I wouldn't mind at all. Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Melvin Ingram, hell I would even take Luke Kuechly because I think he is going to be a star.

I just wrote my combine Winners and Losers

At the moment I am tempted if I am the Jets to trade down in the first to pick up a RT like Glenn who I think will drop and pick up another 2nd in the process. Then in the 2nd I'm taking Hill and Harrison Smith. RT/WR and S...I'll take that. Unfortunately Mike T will probably trade up, give away all our picks and reach for a small school project. You know the drill AC tongue.gif
A_C
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:14 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Feb 29 2012, 10:00 PM)
I'll take that. Unfortunately Mike T will probably trade up, give away all our picks and reach for a small school project. You know the drill AC  tongue.gif

Haha, sure do. Mike T has lost his touch a little of late, there's quite a lot of discontent over on GGN with him (as I'm sure you know!) I'm happy to trade down and pick up that tackle that we really need, it's a pretty deep draft in positions we're after so we could do with another pick in the second round and possibly pick up someone falling with high value. We're basically looking to fill RT, WR, OLB, S and possibly another RB with the draft (depending on FA) so trading down should be an option, although I saw you put something on GGN about Mike T trading up! That really shouldn't be an option for us. I'd love us to come away with a quality OLB and WR in the first two rounds, if I'm totally honest. We need some playmakers in those areas. Nice article btw, Cubbie. I always read your stuff.

ToffeeYankee, I never got around to signing up for the UK Jets forum. I usually just drift between here and GGN for Jets talk.
CubbieDream
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:34 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (A_C @ Feb 29 2012, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Feb 29 2012, 10:00 PM)
I'll take that. Unfortunately Mike T will probably trade up, give away all our picks and reach for a small school project. You know the drill AC  tongue.gif

Haha, sure do. Mike T has lost his touch a little of late, there's quite a lot of discontent over on GGN with him (as I'm sure you know!) I'm happy to trade down and pick up that tackle that we really need, it's a pretty deep draft in positions we're after so we could do with another pick in the second round and possibly pick up someone falling with high value. We're basically looking to fill RT, WR, OLB, S and possibly another RB with the draft (depending on FA) so trading down should be an option, although I saw you put something on GGN about Mike T trading up! That really shouldn't be an option for us. I'd love us to come away with a quality OLB and WR in the first two rounds, if I'm totally honest. We need some playmakers in those areas. Nice article btw, Cubbie. I always read your stuff.

ToffeeYankee, I never got around to signing up for the UK Jets forum. I usually just drift between here and GGN for Jets talk.

A lot of people really have become a little discontented with how he manages the draft. The thing is he is a hit and miss guy in terms of his drafting, we have taken guys like Revis, Mangold, Harris etc, then you trade up for Sanchez, you take a massive project like Ducasse in the 2nd round who struggles and then you do the same thing the next year with Ellis who struggled this year. Sanchez pick hasn't been as heralded as it was a year ago, then you have Wilson who is a nickel corner at the minute. Mike T has played Madden the last few years and he needs a good to great draft in 2012 or the pressure is really going to heat up.

I think this is the first year in a long time we are going to have around 10-11 selections (compensation ones are on there away when they are announce in March). Mike T said he's willing to trade up and if he does that he needs his head examining. Like you say, with a draft that is as deep as this as the positions we need, trading down and getting another selection in round 2 would be excellent.

I can't wait to see what we do in free agency so we can narrow the draft a little. I think Braylon will be back and I can see us making a play for a safety like Michael Griffin.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 10:56 PM

All-Star

A_C, you should sign up. We're planning on going as a group to the MetLife in 2013, and the owner of the fan club has been in contact with the organisation, and they've said that they'd help us make the trip a memorable experience. The more the merrier biggrin.gif!

Cubbie, are you on the UK Jets forum?

Oh, and I think we really need to re-sign Jim Leonhard; I didn't realise how important he was until he got injured. I think we're either going to be a major hit or a mega flop in the draft; there'll be no middle road. I think Mike T chooses the spectacular over the smart.
CubbieDream
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 11:02 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (ToffeeYankee @ Mar 1 2012, 10:56 PM)
A_C, you should sign up. We're planning on going as a group to the MetLife in 2013, and the owner of the fan club has been in contact with the organisation, and they've said that they'd help us make the trip a memorable experience. The more the merrier biggrin.gif!

Cubbie, are you on the UK Jets forum?

Oh, and I think we really need to re-sign Jim Leonhard; I didn't realise how important he was until he got injured. I think we're either going to be a major hit or a mega flop in the draft; there'll be no middle road. I think Mike T chooses the spectacular over the smart.

I helped set it up TY....well I briefly helped lol I am registered but I haven't been on in a while, I don't get too much time with the GGN stuff but I talk to Iain a fair bit (who actually founded it) in relation to the Jets and looked over the discussion with the organisation about the logo etc and setting it up.

I would take Leonhard back at the league minimum but I'm not sure he is a starting safety any more with his injuries. Michael Griffin should be FA target #1 IMO.

I think this draft will make or break Mike T, another poor one and the pressure will start to mount.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 12:52 AM

All-Star

Awesome! What's your Display Name on the forums?
CubbieDream
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 06:59 AM

All-Star

I believe that it is David_Wyatt on there, would need to double check as I've not been on in sometime. biggrin.gif
A_C
Posted: Mar 8 2012, 10:07 AM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Mar 1 2012, 11:02 PM)
I think this draft will make or break Mike T, another poor one and the pressure will start to mount.

If we were to sign Manning do you think we look WR/RT instead of OLB/S in the opening round?
On the subject of Manning, this has got the potential for Favre 2.0 written all over it.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1578 seconds | Archive